Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV April 6th through...

SteveJRogers

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black is a bore as a character, and while a decent in-ring worker, he is overshadowed by better workers.

Apollo is great in the ring but has never been able to put the pieces together otherwise. He should've been sent back down to NXT for more seasoning years ago.

Belair is fascinating to me, in that I just don't find her compelling, but plenty of people I know and respect LOVE her, and I sort of get why they do. She's gotten better in the last year, and perhaps she'll keep improving on the main roster since she'll get to work with better workers.

I love that in the year 2020, we stil got the return of "is he babyface or heel?" Big Show. That match with Drew was way better than either men's title match on Mania. Tonight's show was an interesting experiment. Some stuff worked and some didn't but I think it was worth trying. Nia squashing poor Deonna was some bull shit though. Should have been Kacy or Lacey.

According to the breakdown of the match, Cena isn't dead. He's retired. 

Look, I know people here don't like Braun Strowman, but I hope he hangs on to that belt for a bit longer than people seem to expect. The truth is, whatever they are saying publicly about understanding why Roman pulled out, I don't think the way he did it (first allowing them to believe he'll be part of the show, then changing his mind after the match already announced) is gonna do him any favors for a bit.

I'm not sure you meant your comment to come off the way it did, Slasher. Roman and Goldberg were building their match in late February when we (meaning the US) was still not focused on Covid-19 at all. I live in Ohio and we are considered one of the leading states in how quickly we shut schools, restaurants, etc. down and we didn't do that until March 16th. 

It wasn't a matter of Roman Reigns "changing his mind" and pulling out of the match. New information came out and Roman Reigns (correctly) decided that taping a wrestling match wasn't as important as risking the lives of himself and his family. 

"The way he did it" was as professional and reasonable as possible. He wasn't holding up Vince for more money or spotted going on vacation during all this. As far as I know, he's been sheltering in place and practicing social distancing which is what everyone except essential workers should be doing.

That being said, I do think you're right and Vince McMahon now sees Roman as having at least 2 strikes against him - (1) getting leukemia and (2) not "manning up" and competing at WrestleMania. He either has a 3rd strike for trying to start his film career or will get one soon enough if he continues to get roles in Hollywood (which I think he will because there is plenty of room in Hollywood for a guy that looks like a mix between Jason Momoa and The Rock but costs way, way less). It will be very interesting to see what happens this fall with Roman, but my prediction is that he will not be pushed back to that top tier and will instead hover just beneath it, kinda like where Dean Ambrose was.

Vince will have to tread lightly with punishing Roman, if that's what he wants to do.

A number of cancer-related charities praised Roman for making the choice not to compete at WrestleMania. With WWE making charity a major part of their public image, they don't want to risk looking like they're railroading a guy who's a two-time cancer survivor.

This could have been avoided if Miz (supposedly) doesn't show up sick. And we don't know if Roman had been talking with WWE officials about his concerns already. Not doing WrestleMania doesn't sound like something he chose on a whim. Miz may have been the proverbial final straw.

And as already mentioned, if Vince wants to play hardball with him, Roman speeds up the timeline on becoming a full-on Hollywood talent. Or he forces their hand and takes a sabbatical form WWE to work with a non-US promotion or whatever he wants to do.

Long story short, they'd have to be careful if they do have issues with Roman's stance.

This should never have been Roman's call in the first place. I don't think he will get buried, but they might once again hold back on pulling the trigger on him, and by now this has happened way too many times for him to mean anything close to what he could have.

4 hours ago, Slasher said:

According to the breakdown of the match, Cena isn't dead. He's retired. 

Look, I know people here don't like Braun Strowman, but I hope he hangs on to that belt for a bit longer than people seem to expect. The truth is, whatever they are saying publicly about understanding why Roman pulled out, I don't think the way he did it (first allowing them to believe he'll be part of the show, then changing his mind after the match already announced) is gonna do him any favors for a bit.

He also has the adderall test failure back in 2016 the one time they were actually following through with the big push