Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV April 6th through...

SteveJRogers

10 minutes ago, rovert said:

How tight the TUE is a really good point.

In general, I just want to convey the WWE Performance Center will be open 7 years in July and the biggest male star it has produced per Sunday is Strowman (36).

WWE was paying OVW $100-150k per year (fact check me) and the class of 2002 produced Lesnar, Orton, Cena and Batista. A legacy WWE is living off 18 years later.

They'd literally be better off having Japanese-style young boys in black trunks working trios on TV every week

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, rovert said:

How tight the TUE is a really good point.

In general, I just want to convey the WWE Performance Center will be open 7 years in July and the biggest male star it has produced per Sunday is Strowman (36).

WWE was paying OVW $100-150k per year (fact check me) and the class of 2002 produced Lesnar, Orton, Cena and Batista. A legacy WWE is living off 18 years later.

If Tony's feeling frisky, I could see TUE being the modern day Radicalz. I know people don't like Cole around here but there's no denying he'd be a much better fit in AEW than his eventual fate of chasing the 24/7 title on the main roster.  Would Vince be willing to get into a bidding war for folks he most likely doesn't see any appeal in?   

10 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Just saw a brief leaked clip from Gargano vs Ciampa tonight and if it's reflective of the whole match, Shawn Michaels should be in prison

I mean, I figured we all knew what it meant when the match was booked.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

If Tony's feeling frisky, I could see TUE being the modern day Radicalz. I know people don't like Cole around here but there's no denying he'd be a much better fit in AEW than his eventual fate of chasing the 24/7 title on the main roster.  Would Vince be willing to get into a bidding war for folks he most likely doesn't see any appeal in?   

If the rumors of what he was going to offer The Young Bucks is true then, yes, Vince McMahon is willing to spend lots and lots of money on folks he most likely doesn't see any appeal in. 

Vince spent that money to try to keep AEW from happening. Having the Young Bucks collect dust in Orlando would have been worth whatever the cost was to not have another company on national TV again to him. Now that it's too late to prevent that from happening, I doubt he would be as interested in giving a blank check to what he surely thinks are a bunch of bland geeks. 

21 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Gargano and Ciampa are getting the whole hour? I'm a huge fan of their feud, and even that seems excessive to me.

Seriously if you see a main event with either Cole, Gargano, or Ciampa on it and you think that it will go under 40 minutes that is on you

I don't understand why it is so dark.  Just because the match happened around 3 in the morning doesn't mean it has to look like it 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Would Vince be willing to get into a bidding war for folks he most likely doesn't see any appeal in?   

47 minutes ago, DMJ said:

If the rumors of what he was going to offer The Young Bucks is true then, yes, Vince McMahon is willing to spend lots and lots of money on folks he most likely doesn't see any appeal in. 

I listened to the recent episodes of Talk is Jericho with Matt Hardy and then Brodie Lee.  Very interesting insight into this whole question. Both guys had the exact same story...Vince offered them huge amounts of money, up until the very last minute their contracts expired, to try and get them to stay.  And in both cases, they both knew they weren't going to be used and "creative had nothing for them" but Vince just didn't want anybody signing with AEW after losing Jericho and Moxley.  Brodie Lee made it sound like Triple H told him that the WWE's main concern was how it would look if all sorts of people started asking for their releases and going to AEW.  I think that's why they refused to even give a guy like Mike Bennett his release when he asked. They have no intention of using a lot of these guys, but they just don't want them going anywhere else.

I'm sure the pandemic is hurting the Khan family plenty, and even before this there were reports that Tony Khan had decided to put the brakes on any big AEW signings...but saying they "don't have money" is a bit of a stretch.  Put it this way...if The Revival's contracts expire during this pandemic (which they might) then you can pretty much bet AEW is going to sign them, pandemic or no pandemic.

With no live shows for a long time, they're gonna have to use that money from the TV deal to pay their employees. They just brought in Matt Hardy and Brodie Lee, and while they won't be paid stupid money, they're not getting indy level paychecks either. I do think they will survive the pandemic because they were doing well before then, so fans will definitely be ready to come back whenever the doors open again, but I don't think getting in bidding wars for TUE is a good idea for them financially.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Okay serious at least Orton vs Edge had a better finisher.  

Also there is nothing that makes me think this feud is over

It wasn't as bad as I was fearing,  it was really just like most of their other matches only with an extended dance sequence on top of a semi.

I still can't get over one of the guys in the new monster tag team used to pitch in the Pirates' farm system.