Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

3 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Apparently, WWE wanted him to re-sign, he said no. End of story.

So, where does Claudio end up next?

Well the obvious options would be either the Danielson Dojo or part of the angle in Impact where they are being invaded by ROH. He would be a natural fit in both. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also I have to believe the New Day are all but done with WWE too. At least Woods and Big E, I could see Kofi being a WWE lifer but he might want to stay with his friends since the New Day seems to be really close IRL.  Between all of Xavier's gaming buddies leaving and E's closeness to the Huber family (and being one of the "everyone loves him" guy), I don't think there's any reason left for them to stay now. Especially after reading Big E's recent interviews where it's clear he didn't expect to get shunted back to being a tag team guy after his title run and seems to be "I'm going to be extra careful not to say anything that could be perceived as negative towards the company so they don't get petty and fuck with me" mode.

Also it looks like WWE *did* actually offer Cesaro a new deal and he was like "nah" to the surprise of pretty much everyone. I get the feeling he thought he missed his window to be a top guy, saw Punk and Danielson become huge in AEW and thought "well fuck, maybe it's not too late for me after all".

26 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also it looks like WWE *did* actually offer Cesaro a new deal and he was like "nah" to the surprise of pretty much everyone. I get the feeling he thought he missed his window to be a top guy, saw Punk and Danielson become huge in AEW and thought "well fuck, maybe it's not too late for me after all".

Or "if I'm not going to be a top guy, maybe I can work with my friends and be happy instead."

4 hours ago, Migs said:

Or "if I'm not going to be a top guy, maybe I can work with my friends and be happy instead."

The nerd in me also takes into account his last push that made no sense. He dominated Rollins match after match, constantly embarrassing Rollins in segments. Then he lost the blow off match. It was so weird, there was no give and take during the build up. It was all Cesaro, who's promos and character work were the best since The Bar, totally the best as a singles. It fooled me into thinking , " Finally, he's taking a step up on the pecking order." and nope.

We can (and should) probably open up a thread about how terrible Kane's views are, but because this is PWO, maybe we can just stick to how overrated and not good he is as a worker?

Like, based just on the number of Good-to-Great matches under his belt, guys like Nash and even Braun Strowman blow Kane away. 

Kane's best matches were probably his tags with Danielson and maybe 1-2 matches in the 00s against Rey and Triple H (?) but aside from that, yeah, he's got like 20 years of filler on his resume. There's something to be said for consistency, but shit, at least Nash has genuinely awesome matches against Bret and Shawn and even some fun stuff in WCW and TNA (I know, I know). Just sayin', you put Kevin Nash in his prime as Danielson's teammate against the Shield and those matches probably go from 3-star to 4. 

Does Kane have even one singles match as good as Braun had against Roman? 

For a guy who was at it as long as Kane was, who was protected as long as Kane was, who had matches with all the bells and whistles as Kane had, his actual output of matches that are "must see" is what? 3? 5 tops? 

Yeah. Even for a guy who "wasn't supposed to have great matches," he's got less great matches than guys like Bossman who existed in a whole decade-long era of US wrestling where having "great matches" wasn't even really a thing for big men.

8 minutes ago, strobogo said:

A rare blunder from Cena

Not so rare.

He apologized to China last year.

He moronically criticized Rock for "selling out" to Hollywood.

He agreed to look like a total knob on Total Divas/Bellas for six years.

Cena wants his game to be as professional and polished as Rock's, but he has never come close.

Ironically, Cena might be a better actor than Rock now after seeing what he can really do in Peacemaker. 

The China stuff was not great but if Cena wants to do movies then you have to PLAY THE GAME and kowtow to them or else they'll cut your film off from a billion paying customers. Sucks, but at least you can say it's business. The Total Divas/Bellas stuff was just weird since every clip I've ever seen of either show with him in it made him look like an uncaring dolt and that's even after it was probably edited to hell and back. 

3 hours ago, DMJ said:

Does Kane have even one singles match as good as Braun had against Roman? 

He has a match on ECW TV where Punk gets him to do some of his PWFG stuff that I watched recently, and I don't know if it was good, but I was pumped to see Kane bust out some grappling out of nowhere.