Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

3 minutes ago, Reel said:

He has a match on ECW TV where Punk gets him to do some of his PWFG stuff that I watched recently, and I don't know if it was good, but I was pumped to see Kane bust out some grappling out of nowhere. 

I am a bit confused, is this the Raw match with Big Show where IIRC, both of them just decided to bust out chain wrestling moves? Like Kane was going for a hammerlock into an armlock in that match

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Coffey said:

Kane was a terrible wrestler for like thirty years. He's only been in politics for a few years & is some how worse. That's actually impressive... 

This, a thousand times.

No talent as a pro-wrestler, no talent as a human being either. 

Great geopolitical analysis though. Almost as deep as the random drunken idiot in the nearby café. 

Yeah, PWO, I know, but some days...

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I always thought Kane from the introduction to like the DX stuff was actually a pretty good character.  

Good in ring? No. A good character (especially for the time period) and one of the best non-luchadores at conveying emotion while masked.  I thought the initial angle when he debuted was pretty well done, and it was the thing that took the Undertaker from his cartoon era to the Attitude Era version of the gimmick.

Now once he took the mask off (which even at the time I thought was stupid to do), it was all downhill. The only thing after that was entertaining was the Corporate Kane stuff where he was leaning in to the absurdity of it.

11 hours ago, DMJ said:

We can (and should) probably open up a thread about how terrible Kane's views are, but because this is PWO, maybe we can just stick to how overrated and not good he is as a worker?

Can he really be considered overrated if no one thinks he's any good? Great character, sure, but never highly regarded from an in-ring standpoint. The only time I would say he was overrated in that respect was when he was in Team Hell No and people who should have known better would insist he had genuinely improved as a worker and wasn't simply being protected and hidden by the tag team format. Then the team broke up and lo and behold, he went right back to sucking.

Speaking of former Kane tag teams, Waltman once again demonstrates that he's by far the coolest member of DX.

I would say that Kane's run in the 2001 Rumble is the most entertaining thing he ever did. Between the Drew Cary and Honky Tonk comedy spots, the hardcore stuff, the BoD stuff, setting an elimination record that stood for years, and going almost an hour, it is probably his shining moment.

That being said.... Fuck that guy.

Adam Page just got a follow out of me though.

At least she's consistent. Wearing mask and getting vaccinated was not just about protecting you, but also the other people around you. And protecting the other people around you is a notion that never entered her mind, as showed by her work. Of course she would say stupid shit like this now. I know it's kinda petty and a bit Schadenfreude, but I would lie if I didn't say I'm glad she's predictably awful on all accounts.

Also, that Max Caster punchline on Kane on Dynamite cracked me up real bad.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

That's par for the course in America. Major sporting events like the Super Bowl and music festivals like Coachella use volunteers as well. The real difference is that those other events usually provide decent perks in exchange. WWE doesn't even give you tickets to Raw, just the opportunity to win some in a raffle. And a hat. Fuck outta here.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:44 AM, NintendoLogic said:

Can he really be considered overrated if no one thinks he's any good? Great character, sure, but never highly regarded from an in-ring standpoint. The only time I would say he was overrated in that respect was when he was in Team Hell No and people who should have known better would insist he had genuinely improved as a worker and wasn't simply being protected and hidden by the tag team format. Then the team broke up and lo and behold, he went right back to sucking.

Not as a worker (his 4+ WON star or 8+ Cagematch matches have all been multi-man matches, not single matches.), but people have rated Kane high on all-time lists. He also won Most Overrated 3 times, had pretty good showings in the PWI 500 and won Tag Team of the Year(s), i.e. he always got press.

Ranker.com: Top 20 of all time

WWE DVD: Top 50

Matt Farmer's All Time Draws: Top 60

Estate website: Top 65

Sports Illustrated: Top 85

Cleveland.com: Top 95

PWO didn't nominate him in 2016, but he is on the list now.

Kane's kind of been a lesser Undertaker in more way than one, not the least of which was being put in positions for most of their careers where having a good match wasn't the priority (or in some cases even possible).. He's been shown to be a perfectly acceptable WWF/E Big Man Style wrestler who's main flaw has been having paired with a guy who does everything he did only better. He's the Kendall Windham to Taker's Barry.

• 3 weeks later...