Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

Uh, can I just be the voice of reason here, and point out that Vince McMahon is innocent until proven guilty? We don’t know what really happened behind the scenes. If anything, it sounds to me like this is all on Johnny Ace and Vince might not have even known what was going on. That has happened in the past, Johnny Ace has cruelly mistreated somebody and we have later found out that Vince was unaware. Like when all those talents have been released, many of them said that Vince or Hunter liked them and would have kept them around but it was Johnny Ace who fired them. Not Vince.

I’m just saying, based on everything we know about him as a human being and as a professional, if anybody deserves the benefit of the doubt it is Vince McMahon.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Thread Killer said:

If anything, it sounds to me like this is all on Johnny Ace and Vince didn’t even know what was going on. I’m just saying, based on everything we know about him as a human being, if anybody deserves the benefit of the doubt it is Vince McMahon.

BRUCIE!

Used to love your podcast, man.

The only realistic thing that I *could* see happen for Vince is that the Board of Directors votes to remove him but even there, do they have enough voting power to do that? (I think Vince has like 45% of that on the Board) And who takes over the creative process? Bruce, another main Vince guy?

And hypothetically, if this is a power play by Nick Khan that goes awry, this could also be the end of Nick Khan in WWE. At the very least, it's gonna be morbidly fascinating to watch unfold.

EDIT: Based on Brandon Thurston's tweet on the matter, Vince has 80% of controlling power in votes, despite only owning a third of the company.

I don’t even really know what to say about all this Vince stuff except that is comes off as very creepy (and to a point a bit disturbing).

Is this what finally does Vince and possibly Johnny Ace in? If so, who takes over? Nick Khan? If it’s him, I bet he’ll broker a deal with NBC Universal or someone to sell the company.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but this has probably got to be part of why Stephanie took her leave of absence, right? I mean it makes sense.

Apparently the belief among people in WWE is that Steph knew this was coming and stepped down ahead of time and that Triple H is  the one who leaked the story. That would be the wildest turn of 2022 if Hunter was just biding his time letting Vince enjoy his victory before dropping a dime on him. 

I'm not saying this is the end for Vince (although it's certainly not looking good at the moment), that would certainly be something that after all the things he's alleged to have done he'd go down over hush money. That's some "Al Capone went to jail but only for tax evasion" type shit.

43 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Apparently the belief among people in WWE is that Steph knew this was coming and stepped down ahead of time and that Triple H is  the one who leaked the story. That would be the wildest turn of 2022 if Hunter was just biding his time letting Vince enjoy his victory before dropping a dime on him. 

Because Sasha Banks & Naomi quitting before RAW and getting buried publicly, Kota Ibushi dropping bombs on NJPW management, MJF no showing and going Pillman, Cody Rhodes working with a torn pec, CM Punk getting injured just after winning the AEW title, Jeff Hardy going DUI and getting suspended AIN'T SHIT ! Trip says "Hold my beer" and goes "Hey Vinnie, remember the Curtain Call ?".

I mean, this is too good to be true, really. But the very thought of it is hilarious. :lol:

It'd be truly incredible if Steph left because of this and HHH leaked the story. However, something like this has come up about Vince every few years for like 40 years now, and while the culture and atmosphere is different now, I'm pretty confident nothing will come out of it for Vince.

Funny that some weeks before Mania, I said Sasha winning the tag belts wasn't too bad because she had her friend with her and she wouldn't have the stench of Ronda and Charlotte on her.

Since then:

- The belts became defunct;

- Charlotte got married and will fuck off sooner than later;

- Ronda is still super over and wrestling newcomers, mostly;

- She may not even be employed.

I am SICK 

17 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Saw it pointed out that for as teflon as Vince has been, using company money to pay off his affairs is the one crime even rich people don't often escape from: stealing from the mighty CORPORATION. 

Reports so far are that Vince was footing the bill himself.

Vince is also going to court with Oliver Luck (former XFL commish) over $23.8m in compensation, after "settlement talks broke down after just nine minutes." Oh to be a fly on the wall at that Fuck-You sprint.
Vince is countersuing for half-a-million for damages over Luck breaching his duties. Allegedly.

Trial starts July 11.

8 hours ago, C.S. said:

Sean Ross Sapp said that WWE couldn't confirm this to them when he asked, and they usually confirm releases. Meltz hasn't said anything either. I would wait for other people to confirm or WWE's official word before I believe this. They have never seen Sasha as the top star she absolutely should be, but I'm not sure they would let her walk away like this. 

The headlines are certainly enough to jeopardize most CEOs but we're talking headlines and odds, not details and actual constituents.  Shareholders are probably irrelevant as Vince retains voting control through the company's stock structure.  What kind of pressure do Fox/NBC apply as the story and facts evolve?  What do those parties or others communicate about the impact of Vince staying/leaving on a potential sale?  Its a hell of a story but too soon to jump to any conclusions beyond the fact that there are now legitimate, open questions about the short term future of the company in addition to the long term.  But I love some speculation about Steph's exit and its connection to this story!

15 hours ago, sek69 said:

I have no idea if this is true but I love it and want it to be very much.