Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, sek69 said:

As much as I don't care for the guy, Dolph seems like someone no longer giving any F's (and not in a "Batista on his way out" good way) and a change of scenery might do wonders for him. 

I just don't care really to ever see him again.  I find his personality grating and I've seen him wrestle what seems like a millions times at this point and most of it has been pretty unmemorable.  Although I admit some of that might because of WWE booking.

Ziggler outside of WWE would depend on his motivations. If he still does the stand-up comedy stuff he might just want to pursue that full time and do some North-Eastern indy shots a few times a year working nothing matches with Carlito for some spare cash. Or maybe he would want to show that he could have been a bigger star, in which case he would need to look to AEW, New Japan and maybe like PWG or even NWA for a bit of buzz. But he's a pure WWE system guy so we don't know how much he can work outside of that formula. He might still want to do his chinlock spot.

"ESPN and Fox" is how it's being worded on Twitter, which could mean a lot of things. Obviously they aren't going to both go in half and run the company together, but if there's anything to this, it could be an arrangement where Fox gets all of their TV content while Disney gets the company itself.

I don't know if I believe it or not, but I do know it would explain a lot of the recent cost-cutting to make the earnings per share as favorable as possible. It would also potentially explain some of the recent corporate departures.

A part of me also thinks that the story of Vince demoting Paul Levesque might be something we learn more about in coming weeks and months and be pretty significant. We'll see. But if something happened to make Vince think he no longer had an obvious heir apparent, it could have influenced his thinking.

Yes. I also tend to think that giant corporate acquisitions happening during a pandemic are gross and immoral, but that aspect wouldn't even be in the top five of worst things WWE has done in the last month.

I don't know if this would require approval from the DOJ's antitrust division or not, but I'm guessing WWE is well-connected enough in the administration that that aspect wouldn't be a concern.

2 minutes ago, Loss said:

Yes. I also tend to think that giant corporate acquisitions happening during a pandemic are gross and immoral, but that aspect wouldn't even be in the top five of worst things WWE has done in the last month.

I don't know if this would require approval from the DOJ's antitrust division or not, but I'm guessing WWE is well-connected enough in the administration that that aspect wouldn't be a concern.

They have let some absolutely terrible mergers go through over the last couple of decades so I doubt it would be stopped.

Just now, Mad Dog said:

I would argue that WWE are saints in comparison.

I'm not really following what Disney does, as I'm not an avid huge blockbuster watcher anyway (I skipped the last Star Wars after all the terrible feedback), but I trust you on that. Hollywood is another level of fucked up I guess.

8 minutes ago, El-P said:

I'm not really following what Disney does, as I'm not an avid huge blockbuster watcher anyway (I skipped the last Star Wars after all the terrible feedback), but I trust you on that. Hollywood is another level of fucked up I guess.

Hollywood is a carny business too.

I don't know if I buy it either, but it would explain not making big hires to replace Barrios and Wilson. After getting rid of them and demoting HHH, it would be a logical conclusion that Vince would decide he has no obvious successor and think about cashing out. Doing the releases at a time they are making record profits would also make sense if this was true.

4 hours ago, Loss said:

I don't know if I buy it either, but it would explain not making big hires to replace Barrios and Wilson. After getting rid of them and demoting HHH, it would be a logical conclusion that Vince would decide he has no obvious successor and think about cashing out. Doing the releases at a time they are making record profits would also make sense if this was true.

I am not saying that I understand super-rich people, but why would someone in his mid 70ies sell the company that both of his kids and his son-in-law work for, with his daughter and his son-in-law being in high-level executive positions, just to have a 10-digit bank account (and not just a 10-digit portfolio)?