Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

The thing I find hilarious about this whole discussion, is that from what I gather from reading other posts they have made, I think it is a pretty safe bet that both @C.S. and @El-P are pretty far to the left on the political spectrum. Never thought I’d see the day that I would see somebody accuse Jerome of misogyny.

Terrible taste in wrestling sure, but never this. :P

To be clear, it’s not my intention to accuse anyone, as the motivations of an individual when choosing one word over another are almost impossible to pin down and, frankly, not terribly interesting to me. (I’m not sure what the end goal of that would be, in this context, anyway.)  I’m much more interested in focusing attention on larger questions about how we discuss this stuff, because it’s much more important (and, again, more interesting to me).

Edited by delacroix

2 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

The thing I find hilarious about this whole discussion, is that from what I gather from reading other posts they have made, I think it is a pretty safe bet that both @C.S. and @El-P are pretty far to the left on the political spectrum.

Speaking only for me, that is pretty spot on, not a mystery for anyone here really... But it's actually even funnier than this for anyone who knows me IRL. Considering the exchange I just had with a friend yesterday if I told him this he would literally die laughing at the absurdity. :lol: But anywoo, won't elaborate, enough time  and energy wasted already.

2 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Terrible taste in wrestling sure, but never this. :P

Does that includes my love for FTR ? B)

On 6/18/2022 at 5:05 PM, Cien Caras said:

Ignorant racists in the UK will say “if people shorten British to Brits and Australians to Aussies then why can’t I call Pakistanis pakis?”

the arrogance of someone getting called out on their own ignorance and calling said person a “troll” because of their shitty misogyny and patronizingly demeaning a woman with an infantilizing nickname.

The trolling is to consistently post incessant repetitive boomer “hot takes” in the WWE forum about a promotion that they supposedly hate like it’s 1998 while fawning over the shittiest CrossFit to desperately appear relevant.

That you can’t see how inapt that comparison is bespeaks that your “moral conviction” on this matter is just aesthetic.

In case you missed it, Vince settled the Oliver Luck lawsuit.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2022/06/20/Luck-McMahon-XFL.aspx

The terms weren't disclosed, but I'm willing to bet Luck made out like a bandit. It seems likely that Vince did whatever he had to do to make the lawsuit go away because testifying under oath, especially about his moral character, is the last thing he wants to do right now.

Well, maybe between two shows in Saudi Arabia they can keep on "Influencing the world" in term of women's rights in Texas or Louisiana now. (I know, I know, PWO and all, but some days, it's like... just dystopian level shit... this is just so awful)

6 hours ago, El-P said:

Well, maybe between two shows in Saudi Arabia they can keep on "Influencing the world" in term of women's rights in Texas or Louisiana now. (I know, I know, PWO and all, but some days, it's like... just dystopian level shit... this is just so awful)

100%.  What a shit, fraudulent country I live in.  But hey, at least we can collect foreign currency.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/06/vince-mcmahon-accused-of-rape-by-first-female-wwe-referee.html

There's an article about Rita Chatterton in New York magazine. What makes it notable is that I believe this is the first time someone has gone on the record to corroborate her claims (Mario Mancini in this case). Maybe the floodgates really are opening.

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/06/vince-mcmahon-accused-of-rape-by-first-female-wwe-referee.html

There's an article about Rita Chatterton in New York magazine. What makes it notable is that I believe this is the first time someone has gone on the record to corroborate her claims (Mario Mancini in this case). Maybe the floodgates really are opening.

From Cageside Seats:

In the Observer’s Daily Update, Dave Meltzer notes that neither WWE nor Jerry McDevitt have commented on the updated Vince McMahon rape allegation. Meltzer speculates that’s because the media hasn’t picked up the story, so it “doesn’t appear to be harmful to McMahon’s position right now.”

So, nothing will happen. Nothing ever happens. As usual with the mainstream media, Wrestling Doesn't Matter.

8 minutes ago, C.S. said:

So, nothing will happen. Nothing ever happens. As usual with the mainstream media, Wrestling Doesn't Matter.

The bolded part. It's so unfair. If it was in any other entertainment or business, it would be all over the media. 

Good for Mario Mancini (I actually remember this guy doing jobs !). Also, he says "There's worse stuff than that." I really hope that one day, some day, everybody gets the full picture of what this dipshit really is about (not that there isn't enough out there already to get the picture). Enough of the cognitive dissonance with this family.