Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

"Ayn Rand rulz lol I listen to Rush I so intellectual..."

Or something like that.

Too bad Glen Jacobs never read the book on not being a fucking bore as a pro-wrestler for 25 years straight.

Val Venis also had the same reputation of being "deep". Last I heard of him was when he made really transphobic tweets about Nyla Rose last year...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Val made a turn from pothead libertarian to pothead MAGA transphobe so gradually most people didn't notice until the Nyla Rose stuff. 

Also most of Glenn's popularity with the boys seems to come from being a guy who was a "night off" when you worked with him. 

10 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also most of Glenn's popularity with the boys seems to come from being a guy who was a "night off" when you worked with him. 

Sure. Which is also fitting because whenever Kane appeared on my screen, it was a "night off" for me too as far as watching, as I pretty much always took that time to go to the bathroom and take a shit (I had the decency of not doing it in public in the middle of the ring).

I mean if we're going to be fair a lot the issues with Kane came from him being booked in garbage like Katie Vick and electrocuting Shane's balls with jumper cables. As an actual wrestler he was a decent big man worker, and I was always impressed at how well he was able to convey emotion when he had the mask on. That's not a skill just anyone has. 

Kane was at best, a very mediocre worker. And most of the time, he was just plain bad and boring. Worst top rope clothesline ever, he was almost on his knees when he touched the opponent, usually with his fist or wrist. His execution was the shit. I still remember this hilarious godawful double big boot spot with then newcomer Big Show in 1999. When they threw in Kane in the middle of Taker & Austin (which was reaching overkill anyway), this is when the honeymoon ended to me, with all these awful, dull, boring matches.  Easily one of my least favourite workers of all time. The only emotion he ever conveyed to me was looking constipated. With and without the mask.

32 minutes ago, El-P said:

...whenever Kane appeared on my screen...

... I pretty much always took that time to go to the bathroom and take a shit (I had the decency of not doing it in public in the middle of the ring).

Haha this is my favourite post now. And I loved Kane so much in 97-98 when I was like 15, it's sad how the more he talks the less I like him. I imagine him becoming mute again would make local politics in Knoxville quite interesting. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I mean if we're going to be fair a lot the issues with Kane came from him being booked in garbage like Katie Vick and electrocuting Shane's balls with jumper cables. As an actual wrestler he was a decent big man worker, and I was always impressed at how well he was able to convey emotion when he had the mask on. That's not a skill just anyone has. 

Hey, one of the folks who died storming the Capitol was a guy who had a heart attack after tasering himself in the balls. Talk about life imitating art.

35 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I've been probably too amused in the last few days reading about the most ridiculous clowns from the Capitol storming, including Tazernuts, "Via Getty" and (to keep this PWO) the dude with the animal pelt, tats, and facepaint looking straight out of mid 90s WWF 

The animal pelt dude has just been arrested.

39 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I've been probably too amused in the last few days reading about the most ridiculous clowns from the Capitol storming, including Tazernuts, "Via Getty" and (to keep this PWO) the dude with the animal pelt, tats, and facepaint looking straight out of mid 90s WWF 

Via Getty is the member of a large crime family. His older brothers Spa, Alpha and Dyno are especially brutal.

It's just sleazy, slimy, scuzzy, "doesn't matter," "will never count" pro rasslin', so nothing will come of this, but wouldn't be it something if Linda's political aspirations is what ends up being the thing that finally bites WWE in the ass. 

1 minute ago, Migs said:

Um, I went to high school with that guy. He took Ivanka to one of our dances. That is quite the worlds meeting bit of weirdness.

With Kane, Linda McMahon, Val Venis, animal pelt guy, or someone else? This is where the quote function of this board becomes especially useful. :lol:

24 minutes ago, C.S. said:

It's just sleazy, slimy, scuzzy, "doesn't matter," "will never count" pro rasslin', so nothing will come of this, but wouldn't be it something if Linda's political aspirations is what ends up being the thing that finally bites WWE in the ass. 

Damn, they did this whole Retribution angle way too soon. It's now or never to have them march on the WWE Universe Center. Ya know, them damn antifas...

And in all seriousness, yeah, it's now such an embarrassment to work for these people, because they are deep in with this stuff.

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

As an actual wrestler Kane was a decent big man worker

This will have to go into the same category of "I don't see it" as Trish & Kofi being good as well, I guess.

Other than I.R.S./Wallstreet there's not much I can think of more boring than the idea of a 15-minute Kane match. 

13 hours ago, C.S. said:

Would this development be worth opening up that thread again?