Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

13 hours ago, PhilTLL said:

Some of the talk is that one reason they shut down NBCSN is because their biggest contracts like NHL and Premier League are up next year, and they don't expect to retain them. So maybe that situation would be temporary for WWE.

Meltzer said on today's WOR that the NHL is trying to sell to multiple networks to be like every other major league sport and that NBC is likely to be one of them. Also of note, NXT's TV contract expires in October, which is right around when the new NHL season would start if things are somewhat back to normal by then. The whole point of putting NXT on USA was to kneecap AEW, but hockey is a much bigger deal than a silly wrestling war. It might even end up returning to WWE Network. That's probably for the best in the long run since it'll have the stench of a loser brand as long as it's on TV.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would bet though that Vince will fight that option as much as he can, knowing that he doesn't want to concede anything to AEW in this. My best guess would be that if he can't for instance shop around NXT and have them land on FS1, then, they're gonna return to the WWE Network.

Did anyone catch the Taker Rogan interview where he bemoaned the fact that wrestlers are not manly men drinking and doing drugs the entire night and play video games instead? @Lossmade an excellent tweet chain about it and about how Taker cannot eschew responsibility for the decline of wrestling

9 hours ago, MoS said:

Did anyone catch the Taker Rogan interview where he bemoaned the fact that wrestlers are not manly men drinking and doing drugs the entire night and play video games instead? 

Make Pro-wrestling Great Again.

Manly men booze themselves, do heavy drugs and fuck underage bitches. That is the way we rollin' rollin' rollin'...

It's also hilarious that he is complaining about modern wrestling being too soft when 1) the wrestling style is so much more physical than it was in Taker's heyday; and 2) this is the same dude who whined about Vader's stiff shots and threatened to go to Vince and get Vader fired for being too stiff 

On 1/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, MoS said:

Did anyone catch the Taker Rogan interview where he bemoaned the fact that wrestlers are not manly men drinking and doing drugs the entire night and play video games instead? @Lossmade an excellent tweet chain about it and about how Taker cannot eschew responsibility for the decline of wrestling

See. I didn't feel he was really complaining as much as saying it was different and was just nostalgic for his younger days. 

I thought he was much harsher when talking about the actual modern product later. 

Yeah, Mad Dog that would be a concern. Saving 50% of a year and adding Peacock content (hopefully some tennis action to boot) is a plus to me, but losing obscure things like Crockett Cup 1986 as an example would be a bummer during the transition. Fingers crossed for a smooth transition. (These things are never smooth).

My concern also is that while the archival releases have been slowing to a crawl since they stopped uploading Hidden Gems, that now that the money from Peacock is guaranteed WWE will now literally have no incentive to dig into the archives any deeper, as surely I can't imagine that more episodes of Prime Time Wrestling or old UWF footage would be of priority to anyone involved in brokering the Peacock deal. 

6 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

My concern also is that while the archival releases have been slowing to a crawl since they stopped uploading Hidden Gems, that now that the money from Peacock is guaranteed WWE will now literally have no incentive to dig into the archives any deeper, as surely I can't imagine that more episodes of Prime Time Wrestling or old UWF footage would be of priority to anyone involved in brokering the Peacock deal. 

The only reason they might do the opposite is if they decide they can coast any go lighter on creating new content and just decide to dump already processed and converted things, so the people happy to get readily available things like Challenge might do well but people wanting more Omni shows still wouldn’t.

19 hours ago, funkdoc said:

to be fair, didn't JR mainly use "playing video games" as code for things like "having cocaine parties after the Smackdown tapings"?

Yes, it took me until Xavier Woods or whatever to realize that nowadays people mean the term "playing video games" literally.

WWE continues to be the worst version of a pro wrestling company.

• WWE informed the roster via its Talent Relations app that the company will not be providing COVID-19 vaccines for on-screen talent, according to Fightful Select. As independent contractors, if they want to get vaccinated they to handle it on their own.

• Reactions from wrestlers the site spoke to ranged from “shocked” to “frustrated but not surprised”. Some said there are senior members of staff who actively speak out against COVID and its existence altogether.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2021/1/26/22249836/rumor-roundup-jan-26-2021-wwe-policy-covid-vaccine-raw-match-restart-brooke-jax-japanese-signees

Stop spreading fake news. Stephy said it, their first priority is the safety of their emplo... independent contractors (I know, but that joke is never ever gonna get old, sadly)

Is it really a surprise, especially the very last point ? The people running the company are part of the Trump supporting machine, NXT is apparently a hive for Q-anon and conspiracists What else is new ? People signing with them in the last year of so, signing with the *one* company that fired people during the pandemic while making record profits, should know where the hell they get into. And that's without even considering their total creative bankruptcy.