Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, El-P said:

No one knows or even notices who he is. For most people, and that included me for ever, he's just a short jacked up orange referee.

BTW, this Andrade thing is the story of modern WWE. Then sign a hot lucha libre superstar. They deprive him of *everything* that made him cool in Mexico. Surprisingly, he doesn't get over. Then he turns heel and gets paired with Vega and magic happens. He has that match with Gargano which was deemed by some as the greatest WWE match ever. He goes up to the main roster. They eventually split him up with Vega. He vanishes because Heyman who wanted to push fresh talent ain't got the book anymore. 5 years after, he asks for his release despite being engaged to one of the biggest name in the company. Meanwhile, The Miz got a world title push and Edge is main eventing Mania.

I hadn't thought of it until now but can you imagine how much better RAW would have been if it was Andrade w/ Angel and Vega in the Miz w/ Morrison spot?

I'll never understand how WWE manages to drop the ball on Every.  Single.  Latino.  Even Dominic now. 

Andrade was so can't miss.  Relatively young, looks good, big enough to be a convincing heavyweight, speaks English, great wrestler....seemingly everything they want.

It can't be as simple as "Heyman pushed him so now Vince hates him" can it?  I know the same thing happened to Black, but they kept pushing Street Prophets and Shayna is in a top spot.  But knowing WWE it's either that or they're punishing him because he's with Ashley.  Maybe because they think he's beneath her, WWE royalty?  Maybe because he's Mexican?  WWE is that petty and racist so who the fuck knows at this point why they do anything

So do they ice him or push him?

20 minutes ago, cm funk said:

But knowing WWE it's either that or they're punishing him because he's with Ashley.  Maybe because they think he's beneath her, WWE royalty?  Maybe because he's Mexican?  WWE is that petty and racist so who the fuck knows at this point why they do anything

I never thought about that one but hell, Vince don't like a guy not seen as top level dating a hot blonde. Miro the bulgarian brute the husband of Lana ? We ain't having that. Maybe Vince is pissed because Ashley is engaged with this lowly luchador. I mean, I won't lie, I would LOVE to see Charlotte Flair leave the nest and travel the world. Ok, go to AEW basically, because she is not going anywhere else.

Their history of trying to push latino stars after Eddie (and they had to scrap to convince Vince anyway) has been a failure from A to Z. Rey was pushed for the wrong reasons and his world title reign was a joke. Alberto could have been.... but then again his toxic personality would have surfaced at one point for sure, in retrospect. And anyway they fucked him too and he ended up in a useless stable with other "foreigners". Remember when they sign the biggest star in Mexico, a guy named Mistico ? Yeah, but it was *his* fault, see, because he acted like a superstar who knew what was gonna get him over. Silly him. I don't think it's even fair to discuss the Mascara Dorada case, that guy who looked like one of the best worker in the world during those NJ tours... Talk about a guy who's wasting years... Garza is not going anywhere either. Zelina Vega, well, she got her ass fired because she likes the idea of a union and doesn't like to be told she can't make money on the side, because independent contractors don't do that.

I remember back-in-the-day, guys in JCP (I think?) were mad that Baby Doll was dating Sam Houston because in their company, Baby Doll was like a top valet to the top stars & in WWF, at the time, Sam Houston was a jobber. I don't remember if it was Dusty or Tully... but it was someone in that circle.

Sometimes I think about how Vince McMahon would be petty enough to still think about that & hold a grudge about it to this day. "My guy isn't a jobber, goddamnit! We create superstars in the World Wrestling Federation!"

So when I think of Andrade leaving with Charlotte staying, or Vega leaving with Black staying, I always randomly think about Sam Houston.

5 minutes ago, Coffey said:

So when I think of Andrade leaving with Charlotte staying, or Vega leaving with Black staying, I always randomly think about Sam Houston.

Well, Meltz mentioned that Vince basically saw nothing in Andrade, so maybe there's something to this. 

Fuck, now I want La Sombra & Thea Trinidad to show up in AEW.

So it looks like the math checks out, our favorite orange ref was part of a group that went maskless to a local city meeting to demand they become a sanctuary for the unborn (lol wut?) a few weeks ago and another outbreak hit NXT two weeks later. Coincidence?

It all starts from the top. Road Dogg and Drake Wuertz would be fired on the spot if I were the one in charge of that, while other Q-Zombies on the roster like Bobby Fish would be taken off TV, forced to volunteer at hospitals, and take classes until they wake the fuck up. If they refuse, I'd future endeavor them and publicly state the reason why - leaving AEW or any other viable alternative with massive egg on their faces if they try picking up any of these assholes. But it's sleazy, slimy, stuck in the '70s rasslin', so they'll all get promotions, raises, and/or increased pushes.

9 hours ago, World's Worst Man said:

Can we stick to pro-wrestling only and leave the Covid shaming and hysterics for Reddit?

Who knew NXT having multiple Co-Vid outbreaks & news reports of Vince McMahon being furious about how the talent isn't taking it seriously wasn't pro-wrestling related.

It is very relevant to pro-wrestling. It's literally impacting Wrestlemania the biggest wrestling show in the world.

Maybe we shouldn't try to brush it aside, like many do with the pandemic.

6 hours ago, Coffey said:

Who knew NXT having multiple Co-Vid outbreaks & news reports of Vince McMahon being furious about how the talent isn't taking it seriously wasn't pro-wrestling related.

It is very relevant to pro-wrestling. It's literally impacting Wrestlemania the biggest wrestling show in the world.

Maybe we shouldn't try to brush it aside, like many do with the pandemic.

Great post, and so much calmer and classier than what I would be able to respond with right now. I'll leave it at that.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah, reddit is awful for many reasons but shaming idiots who don't take a pandemic seriously isn't one of them.

Reddit is like anywhere else - there are great subs and shit subs, and great people in shit subs and shit people in great subs.

I assume you're talking exclusively about "wreddit" though, which is probably a giant dumpster fire, yeah.

Well, maybe some of the smaller fed-only or indie subs are better? I don't know.

• 5 weeks later...

THIS

FUCKING

COMPANY!

WWE has come to terms on the release of Samoa Joe, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mickie James, Chelsea Green, Tucker, Kalisto, Mojo Rawley, Bo Dallas and Wesley Blake as of today April 15, 2021.

We wish them the best in all of their future endeavors.

https://www.wwe.com/article/billie-kay-mickie-james-samoa-joe-mojo-rawley-peyton-royce-chelsea-green-kalisto-tucker-bo-dallas-wesley-blake-released (UPDATED LINK)