Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, El-P said:

So they're bringing legit sport broadcasters to put over Alexi Bliss doing voodoo ? 

As one does. 

Clearly it's every legit broadcaster's dream to be able to call Drew Gulak getting a rose shoved up his ass.

22 hours ago, ButchReedMark said:

Actually id love Richie Benaud doing Raw. 

12 hours ago, Dav'oh said:

:D ditto.

*Alexa Bliss gets black goo to come out of Randy Orton's mouth*  

Riche Benaud: Oh dear. That does not look very pleasant at all. 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

*Alexa Bliss gets black goo to come out of Randy Orton's mouth*  

Riche Benaud: Oh dear. That does not look very pleasant at all. 

I'm actually gutted now Richie Benaud never did wrestling commentary. 

“Put your brain into gear and if you can add to what’s on the screen then do it, otherwise shut up”

It just occurred to me that Gus Johnson would be the perfect fit for WWE if they wanted someone with legit cred. He's basically an WWE announcer calling real sports as it is.  I suppose maybe they would think it'd be too on the nose to hire him, but that would assume they had any level of self awareness that hasn't been proven to exist. 

3 hours ago, El-P said:

So they're bringing legit sport broadcasters to put over Alexi Bliss doing voodoo ? 

That's what's so fucking mental about it.  The money might be better than calling college sports or whatever, but what self respecting broadcaster would look at the WWE product, think it's good, and think, "I can sell that to the public and not rapidly spiral into alcoholism and depression!"

I complain a lot about Brazilian broadcasters inserting memes, jokes and whatnot on commentary (for instance, there is this one play-by-play commentator, Rômulo Mendonça, who often refers to Lou Williams as "the bigamous one"), but I think in the case of pro wrestling in general, one kind of has to have this mindset.

7 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I complain a lot about Brazilian broadcasters inserting memes, jokes and whatnot on commentary (for instance, there is this one play-by-play commentator, Rômulo Mendonça, who often refers to Lou Williams as "the bigamous one"), but I think in the case of pro wrestling in general, one kind of has to have this mindset.

:lol:

On 5/28/2021 at 1:58 AM, PeteF3 said:

"Dive is...caught." --Joe Buck

"A world record attendance at wrestlemania tonight of *insert attendance*" 

Benaud: " WWE got their sums wrong. The can say they are under pressure and jaded and by working for WWE their skills are blunted, but it's the worst thing I've ever seen in a wrestling ring.

Goodnight" 

WWE hired Jamie Horowitz to be a VP, a guy previously known for ruining ESPN by turning all their shows into Fox News style shouty heads and also for being accused of sexual harassment while working for Fox Sports. I guess he won't be assisting Steph with creating feminism. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

WWE hired Jamie Horowitz to be a VP, a guy previously known for ruining ESPN by turning all their shows into Fox News style shouty heads and also for being accused of sexual harassment while working for Fox Sports. I guess he won't be assisting Steph with creating feminism. 

Yeah, after reading about this guy.......ugh

The thing with me is......I liked ESPN the way it used to be when I was a teenager in the 90's.  I enjoyed the PTI and Around The Horn of the early oughts because it got old newspaper journalists on tv.  I haven't watched ESPN regularly in a very, very, very long time.  I also haven't had cable TV in a very long time.  I also haven't liked the WWE product, for the most part, in a very long time.  So this hire seems to be right up their alley, because I'm not the audience they are after

thing is tho, I'm not sure the mythical audience they want exists, and this really all just feels like a big juice up for the sale the more moves like this they make

I cannot possibly imagine this was a Nick Khan signing, the guy seems too smart to do this. Could this possibly be someone else getting in Vince's ear and having someone else get a prominent position, to prevent Khan from consolidating power backstage?

Didn’t Braun skip OVW/FCW/NXT altogether?  I remember when the black sheep debuted on RAW.  It took some searching and it wasn’t until later in that evening that we discovered who he was...by giving his name and that was pretty much it for building up a debuting new Wyatt.  He was soooo awful back then.  

They sacrificed Sami Zayn to get Braun heated up. It was one of those “matches in name only” as Sami could not get any offence at all besides chair shots in a short no do match. WWE cannot do competitive squash matches properly.  If it isn’t between long established stars WWE can’t book credible underdogs against the big beasts of Vince’s dreams.  To Vince “underdog” and “jobber” or even the more appropriate “jobber to the stars” are one and the same meaning.