Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, rovert said:

Someone DM'd me last night re: NXT just said the worst was yet to come.

Well:

Joe has to relinquishh the NXT title due to undisclosed health reasons. 

WHOA

Am I too into the bubble to think this might be a work? Like I am sure Joe is injured, but he was also injured when he won the title. I think this stripping is a part of completely tearing and burning down NXT to build it back from the ground. 

If Samoa Joe really got injured/hurt again, then it's time for him to retire from in-ring competition, I think. It took him forever to get cleared again & then after what, one match? He got hurt again. Dude is cursed. It's not worth it to keep trying to go & keep risking it. I know he's in his early forties, but not every wrestler has to keep going like The Undertaker did.

19 minutes ago, MoS said:

WHOA

Am I too into the bubble to think this might be a work? Like I am sure Joe is injured, but he was also injured when he won the title. I think this stripping is a part of completely tearing and burning down NXT to build it back from the ground. 

My first reaction was that it was just a convenient way to take the belt off of Joe ASAP.

4 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

My first reaction was that it was just a convenient way to take the belt off of Joe ASAP.

Mine too. I think this just fits in too conveniently for the NXT reboot. Like I'm sure Joe is banged up like every wrestler in the world is, but this just seems to be their way of dealing with Joe holding the belt when they're about to go to under-30. 

It's still amazing to me how 30 years ago they dragged the Dynamite Kid out of traction to drop a belt, and now so many championships are vacated due to injury. It's probably not a bad thing, except that when a wrestler comes back it's not even a point of discussion.

It probably is a work, but one that is dictated by reality. Joe could barely move against Kross, so it's wiser to hold some sort of tournament with new, younger talent, than have him defend it against someone half his age.

He's great as an authority figure, but if in 2017 he was already gone, imagine 4 years later. 

NXT gonna feel like that WCW episode in which everyone got their titles stripped.

I've seen very little NXT the last couple years, do they still have a crowd of diehard regulars?  Or are they like a pandemic crowd now where they boo and cheer who they're told to?

Gotta be honest I'm way more interested in the "new" NXT than the old one, if only for the potentially hilarious trainwreck.  doubt I'll last more than one week

Not sure how the past 18 months could be worse for Triple H between NXT getting stomped by AEW, Vince losing faith in him in favor of Khan, and now him having a heart attack in the midst of NXT getting swept out from under him. Someone mentioned earlier how it seems like his power carefully built through 20 years of politicking has been rapidly crumpling down over this period, and this latest health scare stopping him from even being around for the NXT rebranding feels like it solidifies that. Really starting to feel bad for the guy.