Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, NintendoLogic said:

According to the latest Observer, he's in good enough shape to take phone calls. Talent was told they could call to wish him well, but they couldn't discuss WWE business with him.

On 9/17/2021 at 4:17 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Damn, things must have been pretty damn rough.

Didn't want to give him another attack by telling him about NXT 2.0.

Either that or when Triple H returns to work, he finds out that they moved his desk into the basement of Titan Towers and then Prichard comes by and tells him as long as he’s down there, he should take a can of spray and kill some roaches. Then on his way out, Bruce turns out the lights.

”Uh...that’s really not my job uh...and I have still not received my paycheque uh...hello?”

I'm guessing this is a reference to Bearcat Wright, who was one of the first African-American heavyweight champions. It's not a bad sounding nickname, so to me it depends who chose it for Keith Lee. If Lee chose it himself, then that's pretty cool. If it's just Vince and Pritchard going "here's a reference to another black wrestler", then not so much. 

If Vince and Dunn came up with it, Lee will be wearing leopard print tights and a bear head to the ring like he was Mantaur with in a month.

Keith is far and away my favorite guy on the WWE roster, and I don't ever wish for anyone to lose their job, but man I picture the run he could be having in AEW, and it makes me sad.

Yeah. Dude's health issues are a bigger problem, and I think the Fed is taking things as cautiously as they can in his case. They obviously see value in him, methinks. Had an impressive showing in Survivor Series against Roman, looked great against Lesnar, was inserted into a WWE Title feud... not something to scoff at.

It is true tho. It's his first match after a DECADE in the same place, for a company that is legitimate competition. It's huge! Even if it wasn't against Omega, it would've been a huge event for him. 

But hey, imagine if it wasn't true. He wouldn't say: "Hey I'm excited for my debut in AEW, it's a fresh company and is modernizing this industry, but man I wish they didn't put me against that fucking loser QT Marshall" :lol:

23 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It is true tho. It's his first match after a DECADE in the same place, for a company that is legitimate competition. It's huge! Even if it wasn't against Omega, it would've been a huge event for him. 

But hey, imagine if it wasn't true. He wouldn't say: "Hey I'm excited for my debut in AEW, it's a fresh company and is modernizing this industry, but man I wish they didn't put me against that fucking loser QT Marshall" :lol:

Of course. :D But the real thing is, Kenny Omega is a GOAT contender and has had some of the greatest pro-wrestling matches ever in the last 5 years both in Japan and in the US. And Bryan Danielson knows, as a GOAT contender himself. He's not stupid. He wouldn't say quite the same thing if he faced Cody, for instance (nothing against Cody). As I said before, Danielson vs Omega truly is Misawa vs Kadawa or Okada vs Tanahashi. And it was never supposed to happen. And it will. It must be just the greatest feeling for both of them, really, they must be totally stocked and elated.

QT really needs to work 20% more like a manager, no matter his background. If he's going to have a role on the show, he's valuable as a more chickenshit figure who is still dangerous when other people create opportunities for him.

I'd absolutely like to see what sort of creativity Danielson would utilize vs a QT who wrestles a little more like that. 

33 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

The love he has for Vince is the most amusing part to me. What kind of conversations would those two have? :lol:

Bryan's book has a bunch of stuff about Vince teaching him how to cut promos. I think Vince probably did make Bryan better, tbh.

Danielson says he has a notebook where he has written down everything Vince has ever taught him. He has a tremendous amount of respect for Vince, and I am sure the feeling is mutual. Vince wouldn't have worked so hard to retain Bryan if he didn't also have a world of respect for him.