Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Plus they are still bringing up Sara Logan getting her arm broke by Shayna (and reportedly were going to have her be on this week's Raw at one point). so maybe they're just being a shit company taking advantage of people who were just released with nowhere to go.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Plus they are still bringing up Sara Logan getting her arm broke by Shayna (and reportedly were going to have her be on this week's Raw at one point). so maybe they're just being a shit company taking advantage of people who were just released with nowhere to go.

That.

Strictly speaking about her release only I just think the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing when it came to her. How it has been handled since is definitely shitty. 

I know a lot of people stood up for her at the Raw taping. In a WWE.com profile, Steve Corino listed Sarah as his protege. Steve has a lot of influence and is being groomed to replace Michael Hayes when he retires. Sarah is well-liked by the roster in general. No trouble. I expect her to get re-signed.

Its also one of those things where, kinda like Daniel Bryan being buried for months before winning the title at WM30, even if they do re-sign Drake Maverick and come out later and say it was all a work, I won't buy it. 

The WWE didn't have to cut Maverick or anyone, really, during the pandemic. Whatever Maverick or Logan or Zach Ryder were making, the WWE could've stomached those expenses. If Conor McGregor or The Rock decided they wanted to do a match, Vince would have no trouble finding the money to pay them. And they'd probably make more for a single match than what they pay these guys to wrestle 100+ matches a year. 

So if Maverick gets re-signed, it'll likely be because someone gets in Vince's ear and pleads Drake's case, arguing that this will be good PR. If they wanted to stage an attention-grabbing, multi-week fake firing "work" to get somebody over, I doubt it would revolve around the Cruiserweight Championship and have Drake Maverick at the center of it.

The best-case scenario is that Drake gets re-signed so to wrestle amid a pandemic. How messed up is that?

He will likely feel the need, even more so, to wrestle during this than he did before being fired. 

Also, he's the lowest of the lowest guy on the totem pole a wrestling manager vaguely between the 205 Live, NXT and Smackdown brand & from the UK - WWE likely sponsors his Visa.

Also, think about the messages all that sends to the locker room?

If some of these guys and girls can find work elsewhere when all is said and done, why the fuck would they want to even approach this company again ? Really. Getting fired during a pandemic while you can't get no other job just to insure big ass dividends.

And Cain's release just makes the end of that first Smackdown on FOX even more of a letdown. Kofi losing to Lesnar in a mildly competitive six-minute squash would have been one thing, but the way everything played out afterwards just reinforced how much they did Kofi wrong that night. The biggest mainstream audience ratings in a few years and massive promotion from FOX heading into the big night, and Kofi was made to look like a giant geek losing in ten seconds, and then was kicked to the curb so they could end the show with their big signing of Cain Velasquez coming to be front-and-center at the end of the big night.

And then Cain loses in three minutes one month later and is never seen again.

I was in the crowd that night. The crowd was admittedly pumped for Lesnar to slaughter Kofi, but having that go down the way they did just deflated the fuck out of that arena, and you could tell a lot of folks in the live audience that night didn't know or give a fuck who Cain Velasquez was. That was very much not a crowd that left the building with "smiles on faces" that evening.

17 minutes ago, El-P said:

Company X made a better use of Wrestler Y than WWE is pretty much a constant. Has been forever now. Nothing surprising here.

Honest question. Is there a single person signed to WWE who wouldn't be better used elsewhere? Other than people who are shit like Baron Corbin, I struggle to think of anyone where WWE is the ideal place for them.

18 minutes ago, El-P said:

Company X made a better use of Wrestler Y than WWE is pretty much a constant. Has been forever now. Nothing surprising here.

Also a Mexican company making better use of a Mexican star (yes I know Cain is from the US) than WWE is hardly something shocking here. WWE's the same company that signed the original Mistico when he was one of the top draws in the world, and spent the whole time berating him for acting like he was a star. 

8 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Honest question. Is there a single person signed to WWE who wouldn't be better used elsewhere? Other than people who are shit like Baron Corbin, I struggle to think of anyone where WWE is the ideal place for them.

Baron Corb... aww fuck.

Nia Jaxx. Oh, you mean no people who are shit workers... Damn...

Charlotte. I honestly don't see how she could be pushed more than she has been in WWE. 

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also a Mexican company making better use of a Mexican star (yes I know Cain is from the US) than WWE is hardly something shocking here. WWE's the same company that signed the original Mistico when he was one of the top draws in the world, and spent the whole time berating him for acting like he was a star. 

Not to mention Cain wanted to do lucha libre more than he wanted to do "pro-wrestling". 

The funniest latest tidbit to me is Hijo de Fantasma speaking Spanish on NXT. So they got a mexican guy who's fluent in English. So they have him speak Spanish. :lol:

25 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Randy Orton, Baron Corbin, Charlotte are easy ones. I think guys like R-Truth benefit from the niche they have and getting a big paycheck to not get beat up. I would also argue super limited talent like Elias benefit from being there. I don't think the list is long but I do think they are the best place for people and NXT did polish some guys up really well.