Loss

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

JR's latest blog featured the SCORCHING HOT TAKE that Bill DeMott was a victim of those damned entitled millennials and the whole scandal was made up by disgruntled whistle blowers who just couldn't hack it in DA BIZ.

Seriously, fuck both of those guys so hard.

JR's latest blog featured the SCORCHING HOT TAKE that Bill DeMott was a victim of those damned entitled millennials and the whole scandal was made up by disgruntled whistle blowers who just couldn't hack it in DA BIZ.

Of course he also made the Demott/Adrian Peterson child abuse comparison as well. At first I couldn't figure it out then I remembered what college he went to :rolleyes:

Like I have said before, if you argument in support of the situation has the phrase "these millennials" or "back in my day" then yeah not interested

Of course he also made the Demott/Adrian Peterson child abuse comparison as well. At first I couldn't figure it out then I remembered what college he went to :rolleyes:

Like I have said before, if you argument in support of the situation has the phrase "these millennials" or "back in my day" then yeah not interested

Hey now, the fellow OU alums I know aren't cool with Peterson's child abuse. I feel pretty safe in saying JR would pop off something about the wussification of America and political correctness even if he was a Texas fan. Because he's a cranky, hardened old fart.

i put "hipsters" in this category as well. that word seems to have become the bitter-nerd version of "millenials" anymore.

On Sirius XM, Jim Ross noted that "the kids of the last ten years have changed" and openly wondered: "You have to wonder what the future leaders of the country will be like if they can't take rejection or they feel like they are entitled to something they haven't earned."

On Sirius XM, Jim Ross noted that "the kids of the last ten years have changed" and openly wondered: "You have to wonder what the future leaders of the country will be like if they can't take rejection or they feel like they are entitled to something they haven't earned."

At this point, this is just an old man shouting at kids for having crazy haircuts and playing their music too loud.

I'm not surprised, I'd expect a warped view from someone who had to smash in a bag of puppies of a child and talks of it as his father instilling "character" in him like he's got Stockholm Syndrome or some shit.

Exactly this. Can't expect anything remotely rational from him, but at some point you might expect Podcast One or certain sponsors (does he have any legitimate ones or are they all wrestling related?) to say enough is enough.

He backpedaled on his blog shortly after the original post, but he also called people giving him heat on Twitter about it the real bullies.

AKA the classic non-pology. see it all the time from people getting called out on racism or transphobia or what have you

• 2 months later...

1.) the look on Vince's face as he's blasting Ross in the ass with a fire extinguisher is the sort of thing that will stay with you, especially when you see Ross' expression which wasn't one of anger but instead of helplessness.

2.) Were there a 2015 yearbook, on it would be Ross' burger king commercial from his latest podcast. It was the most surreal thing I've heard in a very long time.

From J.R.'s latest blog post:

Some feel that we are allegedly in a pending "boom" period because there is so much TV wrestling product available o n a weekly. Does average, at times at best average, TV product indicate "Boom" to any one who actually thinks about it? I think not.

The product is by and large over thought and those in creative charge seemingly feel compelled to take a tried and true product and put their personal finger prints on it as if they are going to be the one who is forever known as "changing the wrestling business forever." The wrestling business changed forever when the territories died due largely because local promoters got lazy and complacent and did not want to move into the modern era of marketing and producing TV programs plus they stopped developing new, young stars. Blame who you want but the territory system stopped doing what brought them to the dance and that was featuring new stars in compelling rivalries that were based in easy to understand, common sense story lines produced in weekly, episodic television. Plus, the talents back in the day were, by and large, better story tellers than we are fed today with some exceptions.

An essentially, easy to watch, non complex hour of TV that virtually anyone could understand and enjoy was what worked best for many of us lifers.

Where have those days gone?

He's not wrong.

2.) Were there a 2015 yearbook, on it would be Ross' burger king commercial from his latest podcast. It was the most surreal thing I've heard in a very long time.

Ross's Terry Funk impression is bad enough, but his Stu Hart impression is on a whole 'nother level. On a scale of 1 to Johnny Sorrow, it could slip into the negatives.

One thing that annoyed me on a recent Ross Report

He's reviewing the Cena-Owens match, and putting it over, and his main negative and harping point is all of the finisher kick outs, which I actually agree with because I thought they really went overboard there. I completely agreed with his general point, it was what I was thinking watching the match, and Kevin Sullivan and Les Thatcher on their podcasts also echoed the thought

But then he goes into a rant about the young guys today who don't know how to work, the kids on the indies wrecking their bodies, "less is more", the fans, etc. etc. and I'm like, "I actually agreed with you, but now you take a generalized, grandstanding bully pulpit..." and it's such a "shut the fuck up old man" thing for me

And, it's especially hypocritical from JR who called the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom show one of the best shows he's ever been at ringside for, and those matches and that style is FULL of finisher kickouts and shit. I'm actually not a huge Tanahashi or Okada fan specifically for that reason, but JR raves about them and that match, a match which in my book was good but nowhere near great

Basically, I respect JR and his opinions, but for a guy who's been in 'the biz' for 40 years he still sounds like a godamn mark half the time

• 2 months later...