Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/27-5/3 Whoops Forgot to Start a Thread Edition

sek69

Raw was actually not to bad, all things considered. Another night of HHH Appreciation was a bit much, but whatever.  WWE just can't help but constantly tell their current fans that Things Were Better 20 Years Ago, so what can you do?

Ingobernales (spelled it right this week!) were great again this week, I popped for Garza creeping on Charly. Nice to see MVP being put in the manager role he seems to be born to play. Cedric and Ricochet as a tag team not on job duty could be something good. 

The closing segment was pretty good, despite contract signings being beyond played out in WWE these days. Seth is obviously not stretching his acting chops playing a smarmy douche heel, but Drew being the rare intelligent babyface is always nice to see. Bu...err MURPHY returning to die for Seth's sins was great as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MoS said:

As The Indian Guy here, I'm really sad they cannot seem to find anyone other than Jinder as their Indian star.

If anyone at WWE had any brains, they'd make much better use of The Singh Brothers' awesome Bollywood gimmick. 

I realize tag teams can never be top stars in WWE Land, but they could still help attract the Indian market WWE is so desperate to chase after.

As for Jinder, if not him, then who? Certainly not Khali. 

I'd much rather Jinder as Drew's first opponent than Seth, who doesn't even make any sense in the spot because he lost to Kevin Owens at WM.

19 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I'd much rather Jinder as Drew's first opponent than Seth, who doesn't even make any sense in the spot because he lost to Kevin Owens at WM.

Exactly why I cannot take Seth seriously as Drew's first challenger. No idea why they went that route at WM if this was the plan. Would also much rather see Jinder/Drew, hopefully they build to that. 

17 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Doesn't Owens live in Canada? He might not be able to make it into the US for tapings.

Sami lives in Montreal. Owens moved to Florida when he started in NXT; then moved back to Montreal for a while until he relocated again to Florida shortly after.

46 minutes ago, El-P said:

He's living fast, dying young ?

Everyone else no sold this but I popped.

I know it isn't really his fault but I get a kick out of the ratings absolutely dying any time Seth Rollins is in the post-Mania main event programmes. Really, they need to keep him in the midcard forever. Beef up Zelina's Los Ingobernables rip off complete with the Naito-ish attitude and make Andrade the top heel. Though maybe they've already been too stuck in the midcard vortex of doom to be pushed up. 

I'd also rather see Jinder against Drew.  They already brought up the 3MB era in the WM build for Drew so they can easily tie that in.  Both of them became world champions but Jinder did it first.  Too bad Heath Slater isn't around still to get involved. 

I can't believe I'm saying it, but a world title program revolving around 3MB would be infinitely more interesting than Rollins at this point

And say what you will about Jinder, he isn't afraid to work snug.  I seem to recall him and Orton and maybe him and Sheamus beating the tar out of each other.  Him and Drew might actually have some decent, hard hitting matches

What I don't understand is that I don't see how Rollins has changed all that much from a year ago. What has changed are the reactions to him. Why? Is it that the feud with The Fiend chewed him up and spit him out? He was a very cheered babyface at this time last year.

2 minutes ago, Loss said:

What I don't understand is that I don't see how Rollins has changed all that much from a year ago. What has changed are the reactions to him. Why? Is it that the feud with The Fiend chewed him up and spit him out? He was a very cheered babyface at this time last year.

In kayfabe, being made to look like a sniveling coward babyface did him no favors. In reality, alternating between a corporate bootlicker and a whiny bitch on Twitter turned a lot of people against him for being an unlikable douche and it guess it carried over. 

45 minutes ago, Loss said:

It's more complex than this, but long story short: for years, Rollins thrived from the He's Not Roman Reigns factor. Once Roman was moved to Smackdown, it was matter of time before Rollins' shortcomings would be exposed. Bad social media etiquette, playing rescue for the bosses, and a disastrous feud with The Fiend sped up the exposure.

He's also a bad main event face. Remember they tried pairing him up with Becky and stopped because she was actually losing overness from being associated with him. 

He got over by having fun sprints for the IC Title. I think that is a niche he is well suited for. It's when you need him to do that top card stuff that his lack of versatility in the ring starts to become an issue. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

In kayfabe, being made to look like a sniveling coward babyface did him no favors. In reality, alternating between a corporate bootlicker and a whiny bitch on Twitter turned a lot of people against him for being an unlikable douche and it guess it carried over. 

To add to all of that, I honestly think a good number of fans got tired of his ring work too. Though I never agreed with the sentiment, Seth used to be always be named as one of top workers in the company and that basically evaporated in the last two years

It seemed that after his IC title run and one of those long ass gauntlet matches on RAW everything went south for dude.

2 hours ago, Loss said:

I could be mixing things up but weren't those reactions at their peak in 2018 and not 2019?

His match with Brock at Mania was perfectly booked and got a damn good reaction, but that whole build to Mania exposed the fact that Seth was far from a top guy in terms of reactions. Kofi blew him out of the water and Seth's path to WM was a distant third behind Ronda/Becky and Kofi/Bryan.