Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - April 29 2020

MoS

Will Marko Stunt ever bulk up (well, as much as it could be possible), or will he be billed as 120lbs or whatever when he's 45? I don't expect him to be Ted Arcidicito, but if he's ever going to start winning matches a few extra pounds of muscle might make it more credible. Might prolong his career, too, given the beatings he's expected to take.

Good show tonight. Best in a while. Cody/Darby and Dustin/Archer delivered. On a show with 2 "hoss" squash matches, I was surprised that Brodie's was the least of the 3. Wardlow is awesome and I can't wait till he turns on MJF eventually. That will be a fun feud. Even a match with 4 guys I can't stand in Havoc/Sabian vs Best Friends was good. They worked to Havoc's advantage where he didn't have to pretend to have a regular wrestling match and it was just a brawl.

Cody/Darby was good but I wasn't feeling the finish. It felt like overly cute when I was hoping the leg work would play into things a bit more. The idea of tweaking the knee on a bridge is a very neat idea and a natural way to begin limbwork. MJF having a string of minor, career-threatening injuries is fantastic; I was hoping we'd get weekly dispatches from him and Britt Baker and they haven't disappointed. Having Havoc, Sabian and Chuck Taylor all in one match seems like some kind of cosmic punishment, especially considering the stand-out stars in both groups are the seconds. Still, if you have to use Havoc and Sabian, getting a month-long feud designed to put the Best Friends over seems like the best case scenario. And that was a great TV main event. I really wish Dustin Rhodes could wrestle forever but if he can coach the young guys to be half as good as him, AEW will be fine.

9 hours ago, Loss said:

Dr. Britt Baker, DMD is number one and the greatest.

Seriously. That was an incredible segment; I cracked up huge at the reveal of Raven having her name on her tights and Britt still getting it wrong. It's a shame that her character work is miles ahead of her in-ring work at this point.

Britt is not great in the ring, but she's competent and works hard. As a total act, she's got what she needs to be a star. I'm really happy for her. It would be great if they had one or two really great mechanics among their women that could make everyone else look great. She does need someone to put her over decisively in a great match at some point.