Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/11 - 05/17 Becky got an announcement to make!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Coffey said:

My first thought was actually that I hope the Powers the Be: Prichard, Vince, whomever, don't try to use this as a catalyst to decide that the women are undependable at the top.

Well...

"On one hand you have that weak-ass Roman Reigns and his damn cancer who won't grab the brass ring. On the other hand you're got a female with a womb who isn't dependable. Where are my alpha males godamnit ?"

Stephy should have come out, congratulated Becky and reminded everyone she invented pregnancy.

8 hours ago, MoS said:

Did Shayna say that Becky's kid will suck cuz "Do you know who the father is? I rest my case"?! Cuz if she did, I will stan her forever lol

She did! Ended Natalya later on in the show too, both verbally and in the ring. Give me more of this Shayna who's the most condescending backstage jerk. She had me howling! :lol:

I fast-forwarded through most of the match, but I liked the Seth Rollins/Mysterio angle. I can't believe I just typed that. This has to be the first thing Rollins has done, aside from the odd match here or there, that I would wholeheartedly say was really good. 

I'm also going to note that I don't think that angle/segment would've worked well in front of a live crowd, which is kind of the silver lining. It was still too long of a match, but it was also surreal to see him keep that emotionless expression for the length of the match and not tag-in and work his usual style. 

And speaking about match length - this was the first RAW I even bothered to fast-forward through since maybe the post-Rumble show and I thought too many of the matches were too long. Like, yeah, on one hand, I want to see McIntyre/Andrade, but I don't want to see it in this setting. I'd much rather they ran these shows like 3 back-to-back episodes of Superstars or a jumbo-sized edition of an Attitude Era show where no match goes longer than 6-7 minutes. I found myself only watching the angles and gimmicky things - Becky's announcement, the Alexa Bliss segment, the Shayna backstage stuff, and even the ridiculous basketball skit - because (a) these are actually the only storyline-driving segments anyway and (b) the wrestling is just tedious in this setting. 

I likely won't be watching another episode anytime soon, but if I were forced to at gunpoint, in this setting, I'm going to be honest and say I'd rather see 5-minutes of Asuka hijinks and violent angles (even if they're fake) than a 15-minute wrestling match featuring my favorite two wrestlers.

I guess they felt they had to since they previously recognized the relationship on air, but it was odd to say the least seeing Seth as eyeball popping psycho (which I agree was done well) on the same show he was acknowledged as Becky's baby dad. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

I guess they felt they had to since they previously recognized the relationship on air, but it was odd to say the least seeing Seth as eyeball popping psycho (which I agree was done well) on the same show he was acknowledged as Becky's baby dad. 

When did they admit Steph and Triple H were actually still a couple?  Their characters divorced “for good” shortly before the heel turn in 2002, and Steph hasn’t used “McMahon-Helmsley” since.  I don’t think there was anything related to them being together until the Orton/Legacy feud.  

I know preggers Steph did a bit with Shawn during the Shawn-Vince feud, but I don’t think they flat out in kayfabe said “Triple H is the father.”

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

During the last DX incarnation, Shawn pretty much hinted at it in a wink-wink way during a promo explaining why Triple H wasn't at RAW the night Stephanie gave birth to their first daughter. And at this stage, why does it matter?

Trying to find precedence in backtracking established kayfabe canon for the sake of keeping IRL separate “for now”

Basically trying to see if there was a way in today’s kayfabe climate for the WWE to not reveal “Seth Rollins” as the father “Becky Lynch’s” baby, and keep their current heel and face alignment and storylines going.  Even though every one knows Colby Lopez and Rebecca Quin have been an IRL item for a while now.

Sami Zayn has been stripped of the IC Title.

Also, I read that they are getting rid of the brands again because of the low ratings. It's like the third or fourth time they are scrapping that idea and having talent show up in any show. Why in the name of fuck do they keep insisting on this format? I also wonder what stupid name they are come up with to explain it in kayfabe :lol:

Interesting that the Cruiserweight title is getting an interim champ, but Sami is getting stripped of the IC. Let's hear someone from WWE say again there will be no negative consequences from talent choosing not participate during a pandemic. 

17 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

Trying to find precedence in backtracking established kayfabe canon for the sake of keeping IRL separate “for now”

Basically trying to see if there was a way in today’s kayfabe climate for the WWE to not reveal “Seth Rollins” as the father “Becky Lynch’s” baby, and keep their current heel and face alignment and storylines going.  Even though every one knows Colby Lopez and Rebecca Quin have been an IRL item for a while now.

There was a way to acknowledge Seth and Becky as having gotten married and do some "wink wink" subtle interaction between them on-screen here and there, references from heels in promos etc, without linking them on screen too much.  It's really not that hard, but WWE rarely does reserved, subtle storytelling well anymore.

The way they did it was the exact opposite way to do it.  They put them all over TV as a couple, in bad backstage skits, bad angles and bad mixed tag matches against bad opponents.  It was dire.  I ended up hating both of them and skipping their segments....they both got under.....I'm guessing that wasn't the reaction they were looking for coming out of Mania with their top babyface champions

Now that the genie is out of the bottle and Becky won't be on TV I actually love the idea of Seth's "Messiah" character morphing into him losing his mind over the stress of becoming a father.  IF they do it well they might actually be able to turn him face again and get him back over the way he was when he beat Brock for the title before they buried him with shitty booking (and he simultaneously buried himself acting like a douche online)

HHH announced on tonight's NXT that NXT Takeover In Your House will take place on 6/7. I wonder if that will be the first WWE show with fans? It wouldn't surprise me especially if it happens at Full Sail.

Also, RIP the tag team of Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher. Thatcher left Riddle and Imperium won the tag titles. Riddle and Thatcher then had a hell of a match in the main event.

22 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

HHH announced on tonight's NXT that NXT Takeover In Your House will take place on 6/7. I wonder if that will be the first WWE show with fans? It wouldn't surprise me especially if it happens at Full Sail.

Also, RIP the tag team of Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher. Thatcher left Riddle and Imperium won the tag titles. Riddle and Thatcher then had a hell of a match in the main event.

Them doing In Your House was smart. One of the most beloved PPVs of a bygone era.

The card also looks really stacked too, but it really seems far away, having anything involving fans.

I mean, at least taking Brazil into consideration, I don't see anything with more than 100 people taking place until September.

So it looks like Rachel Ellering got released for having issues with how WWE medical handled her rehab from reconstructive knee surgery. She stated when she brought up her issues, she was given two options that both amounted in her leaving the company, Then COVID happened and she got tossed on the release pile, which is looking more and more like their cover reason for getting rid off all the unhappy folks. 

At this point it looks like it's a miracle WWE's medical team hasn't killed or permanently disabled anyone with their quackery (other than the Richie Steamboat rumors). CM Punk is an asshole but he keeps getting vindicated when it comes to his opinion of their doctors. 

Sounds like he didn't sign a new contract & his old one expired.

Weird WWE would be using him like that this couple of months without him getting a contract extension first. Going out on a high now getting to main event Smackdown with Daniel Bryan though. Maybe he will still re-sign? 

Definitely caught me off guard & came out of left field.

I really like Gulak. There's quite a few other talented people in WWE, like Jack Gallagher, that I wouldn't mind seeing take their craft elsewhere. Here's to hoping Rusev does when his 90-days are up.