Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/11 - 05/17 Becky got an announcement to make!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

If it's true that he chose not to re-sign, WTF - I wonder why, because he was finally being used in a prominent position on a real show.

Per this week's WON, they're not offering any talent any raises to resign. He was probably still on a 205 Live deal, where he wasn't making SHIT.

That would do it.

I wouldn't re-sign either.

"Opportunity, pal" means shit, especially in these times - better to be able to have enough to feed your family, and his recent prominence gives him a much better chance of landing a semi-lucrative deal elsewhere.

Yeah it seems likely Drew was still getting 205 Live money (peanuts), and probably got a song and dance about not being able to give anyone higher money deals in These Uncertain Times and told them to pound sand. 

I like to think it was maybe some insidious plan by D-Bry to work a program with a guy he knew was going to bounce at the end of his deal to maximize his income wherever he landed, but I don't know if he has that kind of evil streak in him.

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Drew Gulak vs Fuminori Abe would be out of this world

Fixed :)

Gulak in Bloodsport will be fucking awesome too.

This leaves D-Bry all alone though :(  I wonder who his next project is before going home to be with his family again. After yesterday I thought the plan was for Gulak to take him out during the tournament with a big injury angle so he could be off TV and have a built in feud for 2021.

Its going to be interesting when more guys leave and the free agent talent pool becomes bigger. Aew cant sign everyone. And if what i think happens happens and groups like roh, nwa and mlw dont run again till 2021, its going to be dire. Also I doubt travel overseas happens anytime soon.

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

I like to think it was maybe some insidious plan by D-Bry to work a program with a guy he knew was going to bounce at the end of his deal to maximize his income wherever he landed, but I don't know if he has that kind of evil streak in him.

Man it's either DBry getting info on guys' contracts and morale or WWE is fucking with him.

• Feuds with Cass: Cass gets released messily;
  • Has lengthy program with Rowan: Rowan gets released;
  • Asks to have something with Slater: Slater also is released.
  • Has this amazing series and tag team with Gulak: contract negotiations go under.

Just an insane streak overall.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:09 PM, DMJ said:

I'd much rather they ran these shows like 3 back-to-back episodes of Superstars or a jumbo-sized edition of an Attitude Era show where no match goes longer than 6-7 minutes.

They must be listening. Tonight's RAW had 8 matches with 7 of them being under 4 minutes.