Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/18 - 05/24 The Last Dance was fucking incredible

KawadaSmile

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah,  those skits were something.  

Not sure what is more irritating at this point, every women's division focusing on Charlotte or Corbin continuing to be wedged into a main event slot no matter how many times that square peg doesn't fit in that particular round hold. 

The Last Dance is not even close to the best sports doc ever imo, but it was excellent. Saw this on Twitter, but it's amazing and hilarious how MJ seems to hold on to the mildest perceived slight, but he seems unbothered by Dennis Rodman literally missing NBA finals practice to join the nWo and hang out with Hogan. 

I like to imagine Vince at least coinsidered one-upping WCW by trying to get MJ to skip practice. 

Of all gimmicks for Seth Rollins, a mid-card heel who is grumpy about the upcoming sleepless nights he's going to have is the best suited for him. 

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

he was probably the only guy in the locker room not in awe of playing with him.

Rodman's presence as a superstar people were in awe of has been incredibly exaggerated with the benefit of hindsight because the Bulls won three rings with him and everyone forgets the shitshow that was his runs with the Lakers and Mavericks (let alone the Spurs, which he blames literally everyone but himself for why they couldn't get it done in the two years he was there).  Most players already started getting sick and tired of his shit when he threw a fit because Chuck Daly left the Pistons in 1992 and it just spiraled to them getting tired of the tabloids never shutting up about him for stuff he did outside of basketball.  He wasn't very well-liked by most of the Bulls roster and they were just putting up with him because he showed flashes of his incredible hustle he had as a Piston.

I'll make this argument until I'm blue in the face, but if the Bulls got the late 80s/early 90s Rodman before he let his ego take control of his talent they would've never lost a single game.

51 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

He wasn't very well-liked by most of the Bulls roster and they were just putting up with him because he showed flashes of his incredible hustle he had as a Piston.

He led the league in rebounds-per-game as a Piston, Spur, and Bull from 91'-98' with an average of 15+ in most of those seasons, an absurd amount especially for that era (when the league tended to be bigger). 

That's not "flashes of brilliance." The Worm was the best rebounder in the league during his Bulls run. He was also the best rebounder in the league during his Spurs years. The Spurs not getting to the Finals had much more to do with the competition in the West in the 90s. They were competing against some very, very good Rockets, Jazz, Suns, and Sonics teams. That depth didn't exist in the East during the Bulls run as once Chicago took hold, the Pistons collapsed, the Celtics collapsed, and my Cavs flamed out after a strong 91'-92'. The Bulls would eventually get challenged by the Pacers, Knicks, and Magic, but these teams didn't peak at the same time (the Knicks in 94', the Magic in 95', and the Pacers were strong throughout but not a real challenge until 98'). Even at their best, none could topple the Bulls consistently, while, in the West, things were murkier as, on any given night, the Rockets, or Jazz, Suns, or Spurs were the best team in the conference. I mean, look at the monsters of that time - The Admiral, The Mailman, Sir Charles, The Dream, even the Kemp/Payton Dynamic Duo. As I noted, my Cavs were a consistent playoff team in the 90s for awhile, but look at our roster. We weren't threat to anybody. The Spurs were dangerous that whole time, they were just in the stronger conference. The more things change, the more things stay the same as far as that goes.

But back to the topic at hand: Dennis Rodman. MJ put up with his shit because MJ cared about winning and having a guy that could get in the opposing team's head and contribute 15 rebounds a game consistently helped them set regular season win records, which meant home court advantage in the Playoffs, which helped them win Championships. If that guy had been Anthony Mason or Dale Davis, he would've wanted them on his team, but getting the best meant you had to put up with his shit, and Rodman was the best.

Yeah, Rodman was a weird dude to say the least but he was also probably the best rebounder in the history of basketball so MJ was fine with letting dude get as weird as he wanted to as long as he kept grabbing the boards.