Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - May 20 2020

MoS

5 hours ago, El-P said:

The women match was rough, *again*. Statlander is cool and all, but she's so not ready for this push. 

She was really clicking with a crowd, but she's barely 3 years in the business. Not optimal to have her adapting to this situation, I think. 

1 hour ago, Migs said:

She was really clicking with a crowd, but she's barely 3 years in the business. Not optimal to have her adapting to this situation, I think. 

After almost a year that's a real issue for AEW's women division. Save for the Japanese girls and my girl Shanna (Alie hasn't been used in an in-ring situation and she really is more a cool character than a super worker), they all are green as hell an look really unpolished. Some have delivered in big matches situation against excellent workers like Nyla, others much less so. Some really haven't showed me anything promising at all on any level (someone explain Big Swole to me, well don't, it's a rhetorical question). I see much better women matches every week on IMPACT these days, Kiera Hogan has improved by leaps and bounds last year, Madison is solid as fuck and a great character, Kylie Ray looks like the worker AEW needed to build their division around, Havok is a really good monster, Sun Yung is a super fun character...

Britt Baker is really catching up as a character, but she still was far from being that good as far as in-ring stuff went, and this injury looks pretty bad sadly.

7 hours ago, MoS said:

Does anyone in North America buy a PPV for Mike Tyson in 2020? 

If he does come back to have one-more gimmick, post-retirement boxing match, you bet your ass I would watch it. But him just showing up on stuff? Naw.

I would watch the hell out of an Iron Mike version of The Last Dance though!