Pro Wrestling Only

Hana Kimura passes away

sek69

Earlier today she posted what appeared to be a suicide note and pics of horribly gashed arms on Twitter, the posts got pulled and people immediately tried to reach out to her. There were friends who posted they had talked to her and she was doing as good as could be expected, but Stardom tweeted out that she passed away today at age 22. 

She was on a reality show in Japan, and apparently there was some things that went on there that caused fans of the show to attack her and bombard her with horrible hate filled messages on social media. 

25 minutes ago, funkdoc said:

hoooooooly shit

this has been a way-too-common phenomenon in the J-Pop/K-Pop idol industries for quite a while now, so awful to see it pop up in wrestling now too

RIP...

If I read correctly, the whole fight was about one of her other housemates who had double washed her ring gear from Wrestle Kingdom last January and she got upset at the guy. That's when people started sending her hate tweets.

2 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

What kind of fucked up world is this!!!!   Wtf?

This. Really, WHAT THE FUCK. 

That's awful. Human beings are a worthless species. Harassing a poor girl because of a stupid TV show until she gets so despaired she kills herself. Can you even fathom shit like this ?

Enough with this mental illness bullshit. This is social media toxic lynch-mob culture we're talking about here. People drove a 22 years old human being to kill herself. And yes, there's something to be said about the industry she was working in, the whole idol thingy and expectations thrown on those young women, the sexualization and whatever, but cyber bullying is all over the place, really. I referred on another thread the other day to the French version of Survivor and people (men and women alike) getting threatened online with death and rape threats, threats on their children, to the point the production company had to file charges. Social media, echo chambers and the likes are only emphasizing the worst traits of human nature, and actual people are dying because of it and lives are getting ruined because of fucking hate mongers hiding being computer screens. That's the number one issue here. People being garbage and having a tool to be active pieces of shit anonymously and collectively. 

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

Enough with this mental illness bullshit. This is social media toxic lynch-mob culture we're talking about here. People drove a 22 years old human being to kill herself. And yes, there's something to be said about the industry she was working in, the whole idol thingy and expectations thrown on those young women, but cyber bullying is all over the place. I referred on another thread the other day to the French version of Survivor and people getting threatened online with death and rape threats, threats about cutting the throats of their children, to the point the production company had to file charges. Social media, echo chambers and the likes are only emphasizing the worst traits of human nature, and actual people are dying because of it and lives are getting ruined because of fucking hate mongers hiding being computer screens. That's the issue.

I think you have to suffer from some kind of mental illness if you let random people on the internet drive you to suicide.  You're not wrong since social media has made people comfortable with the idea of talking shit without getting punched in the mouth for it but I think calling mental illness bullshit is just wrong in this case IMO of course

24 minutes ago, akira maeda said:

I think you have to suffer from some kind of mental illness if you let random people on the internet drive you to suicide.  You're not wrong since social media has made people comfortable with the idea of talking shit without getting punched in the mouth for it but I think calling mental illness bullshit is just wrong in this case IMO of course

Well, I think you are wrong and that anyone call be pushed over the edge by cyber-bullying. But basically what I'm saying here is that whether she had mental health issue or not is irrelevant. There's a serious, serious issue with cyber-bullying, people are just going insane. Hell, "normal people" doing cyber bullying are the ones with mental illness to me.

18 minutes ago, Pterois said:

At 28 minutes, the scene behind her harassment.

Like I said. People are insane. Yes, there is a real issue of mental illness. In the average population I mean. This makes no sense whatsoever. Our world is worst than a Kafka novel.

What a horrible, crushing tragedy.  I'm well past hoping a horror like this spurs any kind of cultural change, but 22 years old?  I don't know how her friends and family deal with something like this but hope they can find some kind of peace at some point.  What a nightmare of a week for this business.

2 hours ago, akira maeda said:

Fuck off you asshole.

driving_middle_finger_conan_obrien.gif

Rest in peace Hana.

Kairi Sane's tweet is just heartbreaking.

I was able to notice her tweet right away because it was afternoon in the United States by the time difference (midnight in Japan time) and I called Jungle Screamer and Rossi Ogawa with Io immediately.
Kyona went with all her might.
However…
I didn't make it in time

Things like this really show how many people lack basic empathy and human decency.  There's tons of people I disagree with, some vehemently, but I would never even think to tell anyone to "go kill yourself" which seems to be a not uncommon thing on social media now.

Like....what the FUCK is wrong with some people?