Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/01 - 06/07 Hiding in my bunker to avoid the collapse of civilization

KawadaSmile

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Dominik Dijakovic getting called up already but they never capitalized on the momentum they had with Keith Lee? His showdown with Roman Reigns at Survivor Series & his showdown with Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble have both basically been wasted. Him being a midcard champion on NXT means less than nothing. That's like being a tag team champion that wrestles on Main Event. Not that I have anything against Dijakovic, more power to him, but man, how many times will WWE squander opportunity instead of trying to capitalize when something catches on?

Lee and Riddle should've been called up IMMEDIATELY after Survivor Series. The pop they got was off the charts and their interactions against other main roster talent were on par with other megastars.

The fact neither got to have a worthwhile run on top in NXT is baffling, too. Gotta keep Cole and the UE running things, I guess.

Yeah but if I read correctly, Vince sees Lee more as a top heel than a top babyface. I personally don't mind Lee as a heel, I think he can pull it off but man, the pops he had on the main roster so far at Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble, that screams top level babyface to me. That's how he should be booked.

Dude looks like the Incredible Hulk come to life. He has amazing natural charisma and is likeable enough to be sympathetic despite his size. 1980s Vince would have put him in the main event immediately. 

He does not get talked about much, but I am so over Adam Cole. He's so fucking boring. He's going to be the next Seth Rollins and I'm going to hate him for it. 

Just now, MoS said:

He does not get talked about much, but I am so over Adam Cole. He's so fucking boring. He's going to be the next Seth Rollins and I'm going to hate him for it. 

It doesn't get mentioned as much is because very few people are watching NXT.

Cole is over, I get it, but his matches with Gargano were filled with some of the most annoying current wrestling tropes, and most other matches were just there, for me.

He can be a good bumper and is a good chickenshit heel sometimes, but he's been on the top for way too long. 

If they ever are planning on doing something with Keith Lee, they should probably strike while the iron is hot and do it sooner rather than later.  The guy is already 35 years old, and I can't imagine that a guy his size who works the style he does and incorporates some of the higher risk manoeuvres like he does will last all that long after 40.  They need to push him pretty much they way the pushed Batista, taking his age into account.

Minus the "Deacon" gimmick of course.

I really don't get the Dijakovic call-up either.  I really like the guy, but his promos are average at best and even as a fan of his I think he comes across as a bit gangly and awkward at times.  I don't know that he is smooth and polished enough for the main roster.  But who knows.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

A dude that size? Who can do flippy shit? Jobbing to Cedric Alexander? In this current economy? Unlikely.

I mean, Drew was in 3MB a dozen years ago. Being tall doesn't mean shit if Vince sours on you or loses interest.

Dominic having the charisma of a house plant won't help. 

Having a last name that's hard to pronounce and spell won't help either. I expect his last name to last as long as EC3's push.

Ironically, the name is a WWE creation (sort of), which makes it even more baffling.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

I mean, Drew was in 3MB a dozen years ago. Being tall doesn't mean shit if Vince sours on you or loses interest.

Dominic having the charisma of a house plant won't help. 

Having a last name that's hard to pronounce and spell won't help either. I expect his last name to last as long as EC3's push.

Ironically, the name is a WWE creation (sort of), which makes it even more baffling.

I mean Drew was LITERALLY The Chosen One. He only was in the 3MB because he fucked up. Dijak just need to follow from that example (provided Vince sees him in such light)

I find it baffling that they managed to make Dijak's name more complicated.

Also, this mini Charly/Garza story is some entertaining stuff

10 minutes ago, jiraffejustin said:

This doesn't seem like a big deal, nor should it be. He didn't say anything hateful. Feel free to disagree with him, but it doesn't seem like a "holy shit" moment to me. If he starts sharing photos with people putting their knee on his neck like that former wrestler dude did... then yeah, holy shit. 

I guess I should clarify: I found him more stupid in a "what is he doing" than offensive or anything. I mean, if one looks at the Forgotten Sons, it's easy to guess what their political opinions are; however, considering this particular week, where even VKM cynically says MLK is his hero, some wrestlers use the BLM hashtag and even Orton, who fit many of the characteristics you previously mentioned and actually said some similar things before, chose his words more carefully, it just seems really mistimed or short-sighted. Almost as if it were some sort of bait, which is not really ideal in this situation.