Pro Wrestling Only

NXT TakeOver IN YOUR HOUSE PPV

KawadaSmile

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

Dawg I don't know the average height where you live but if I saw a dude looking like Kross in an airport in Brazil I would immediatly think he's either a skinhead or a fighter.

This made me look up Kross's height. Assuming it's not a worked number, I was surprised to see it listed as 6'4. He's deceptively tall, but it doesn't come across at all on TV.

And to be fair, Marko Stunt would probably stand out in Brazil. :) 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

This made me look up Kross's height. Assuming it's not a worked number, I was surprised to see it listed as 6'4. He's deceptively tall, but it doesn't come across at all on TV.

And to be fair, Marko Stunt would probably stand out in Brazil. :) 

Out of curiosity, how tall is Scarlett though? That might be what's throwing most people off, as she seems taller than the usual woman on the NXT (or WWE roster) in general.

53 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Out of curiosity, how tall is Scarlett though? That might be what's throwing most people off, as she seems taller than the usual woman on the NXT (or WWE roster) in general.

Billed at 5,5, which is 1,65 for people using a regular, understandable scale. Which is not exactly out of the ordinary.

6.4 for Kross sounds kinda crazy to me. He never looked that tall to me, and that's working in Lucha Underground, AAA and IMPACT, lands of the smaller people.

13 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

He towered over Ciampa, who's billed as being 5ft11. 

Kross and Sheamus are billed at 6ft4, and there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between them, based on what we see on the screen.

But somehow Sheamus projects tallness. Kross doesn't. 

38 minutes ago, El-P said:

Billed at 5,5, which is 1,65 for people using a regular, understandable scale. Which is not exactly out of the ordinary.

6.4 for Kross sounds kinda crazy to me. He never looked that tall to me, and that's working in Lucha Underground, AAA and IMPACT, lands of the smaller people.

Really? Only 5'5'' for Scarlett? Wow, I swore she was a bit taller than that but then again, when she was with Impact Wrestling, there were not a lot of big guys and gals around that time.

Maybe it's just me, but Kross seems smaller physically than he was before. I suppose it's either being limited to only WWE approved "supplements" or working with guys closer in size than he has before, but he just doesn't have the aura he had elsewhere. 

I know its a real high bar, but I guess I was just expecting something more unique based on the buzz?

Like, I remember hearing about guys like WALTER, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Nakamura, even Kevin Owens and more recently Keith Lee before ever seeing their matches and then, in one match, it was like, "Holy shit. This guy is INCREDIBLE." To be clear, I'm a guy who has really only watched mainstream US wrestling his entire life, so even if these guys stole moves and spots from others, seeing them for the first time, they were so, so different than what I'd seen in the WWE or WCW in the 90s or most of the 00s. Not only did some of these guys have an aura, but they were just so fresh.

I did not see anything I haven't seen before with Kross. The moves, the gimmick, the entrance - none of it seemed wholly original. Again, I probably set my expectations too high but if this is the guy that becomes the face of NXT, I'm probably gonna stick to just watching the Takeovers and ignoring the weekly shows.

Was there really any big buzz about Killer Kross ? I mean, I have been a fan since his LU and especially his IMPACT days, but it's not like he was like the super indy darling with tons of great matches under his belt or anything. It's not like Matt Riddle or Ricochet who had that amazing rep of can't miss before showing up on NXT.

23 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I guess KK is a bit like Mike Awesome. He was a titan in ECW, but when he jumped ship to WCW, they paired him with the one dude bigger than him and he just feels... normal.

Seems like a pretty good comparison. I actually talked about the fact he would not look quite the monster he was in LU the minute he signed with WWE. And like Mike Awesome, I don't see any main roster guy taking the high angle suplexes either, much like no one would take the crazy FMW Mike Awesome stuff in WCW.

10 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Never mind Kross, we need to talk about this dumb shit.

That looks frighteningly close to the bump that ended Rick Rude's career. Why would anyone agree to do that? Especially Priest, who isn't exactly a spring chicken.

As I said earlier in this thread, that is a stupid bump to take in a nothing match on a nothing show. It's a stupid bump to take period, but if you are gonna do that kinda shit, save it for a feud that actually has some heat and do it in front of people paying to see it for fuck's sake.