Pro Wrestling Only

CHARLOTTE TV 06/08 - 06/14 CHARLOTTE. MUST. POSE

KawadaSmile

I wasn't aware of Terry Taylor being a racist too. Really, is there anything remotely salvageable in this guy ? Office stooge, real-life prick, racist. Plus if you believe Missy, he also got a small dick. Maybe this explains that...

But anyway. Road Dog did the blackface too during the DX era I believe, so who knows... 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, brocklock said:

I'm a little late, but I'm gonna guess the guy Michaels chewed out was Terry Taylor who people forget is a agent/trainer in NXT. He is, from several accounts, notoriously a massive racist and is possibly the main catalyst for the WCW racism lawsuits. It could also be Road Dogg, but he doesn't have the history of racist behavior as Taylor as far as I know. It could also be some complete unknown producer. I'm just saying Terry Taylor seems like a likely choice.

I've never heard about any incidents with Terry in NXT when it comes to race in all honesty. Even yesterday The Street Profits put over Terry in their appearance on The Bump. Keith Lee has said in the media that Terry has been the most helpful person to him since he got to NXT. 

10 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

The whole concept was really good. 

• Yay, another luchador debuts in the tournament and he's speaking Spanish! Seems like a nice guy, too.
  • Wait who are those masked men trying to mess with him? Oh well.
  • His title win got overshadowed by Drake resigning! What a bummer.
  • Hey, he's a honorable man, to boot. Wait, he's unmasking! Wait, he's very good looking speaking perfect English! This was a setup!

I love that Escobar gave the impression following Drake's promo that he only spoke broken English before cutting his mini promo, thought that just added to the con. Hope this leads to Mendoza getting more ring time and kudos, he always comes off as a really solid worker in the 205 Live matches of his I've seen

https://theblast.com/132838/stone-cold-steve-austin-once-shut-down-racist-post-with-stunning

I have no idea what Austin thinks of the current protests or the Defund the Police movement. 

I wrote a bit about it on r/SC in one of the threads there - I think Austin, like many Republicans but especially from Texas and other southern states and in the business of pro-wrestling, was probably raised to vote Republican and came up in a business that is entirely centered on fiscal conservatism and "ruggen individualism." Socially, I'd guess based on his podcast that Austin is pretty liberal, but would he ever vote for a "tax and spend" Democrat? Does he think "Uncle Sam" deserves any of his millions? I believe Austin even stated, at some point, that he voted for Trump in 2016 (who, if you ignore the history of racial discrimination and sexual harassment dating back to the 70s, is also a guy who, for most of his life, was an irreligious socially-liberal guy). 

Sadly, as I said in that thread, all the pro-BLM tweets in the world from the likes of Stephanie and HHH and even John Cena won't mean shit as long as these people continue to vote for Trump and other Republicans because when you vote for fiscal conservatism, when your number one issue is your own bank account, you end up voting for social conservatism as well and that means you're voting to restrict women's rights, to continue militarizing the police, to continue esoteric drug laws...

I remember Austin once surprising me by coming out in favour of marriage equality. I would be hopeful but for my own sake, not too much. Also, wasn't it established that the confederate flag thing was by a fake Austin account?

Gargano is a good character as a dickhead heel, but man, I would not have Keith Lee eat any pinfall for any reason right now.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I would be shocked if Cena was a Republican or a Trump supporter. Nothing he's said or done would lead me to believe that he was.

Cena donated $1m to the Black Lives Matter Foundation this week, so that makes it even less likely he's pro-Trump

12 hours ago, El-P said:

I wasn't aware of Terry Taylor being a racist too. Really, is there anything remotely salvageable in this guy ? Office stooge, real-life prick, racist. 

He sure could cluck his way down the aisle like no one else.

11 minutes ago, Coffey said:

He sure could cluck his way down the aisle like no one else.

That was an opportunity he did not fully embrace... 

Speaking of which :

6 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Ryan Satin (and AKA wwe) reporting wwe has consolidated the writing teams of Raw and SD and it will be led by Bruce Prichard. Heyman out of creative and will strictly be on air performer.

"We're telling a story."

LOLWWE2020.

I haven't watched RAW in more than a year at this point (maybe I've checked a few segments, I don't even remember) so I can't really judge Heyman's tenure. But there's no question he wasn't able to do anything to give some legit spark to the product as interest on the show has been historically low for a long ass time now. "Best" case scenario he just wasn't able to convince Vince to do anything worth a damn and if that's the case it doesn't make much of a difference if he stayed in charge or not.

I'd be surprised if Pritchard lasts as long as Paul this time around though.

I think ratings may play a part in this change. SD's ratings dropped since the pandemic hit, but still clears around 2 million most weeks. RAW has been teetering around 1.7 million on average, with the third hour going into the tank pretty bad. RAW feels unstable. I can see a case to give Prichard a go at RAW while WWE is still in COVID mode.

SD isn't perfect, but it's found a groove for itself and seems to have a plan going into every show. RAW has had some quality wrestling, but the stories are lacking in most areas. Nothing that happened this week was different from last week. And it's been like that several times recently.

Also, Prichard has managed to do better with his women's division than Heyman. Sonya is getting to showcase her talent. Mandy is still involved with that story. Bayley's annoying brat heel gimmick works in this current environment. Heyman somehow can't find time on RAW for Shayna Baszler, Bianca Belair, and Liv Morgan. That's professional ineptitude. He also put Ricochet and Cedric Alexander together as a tag team--then proceeded to bench them. Heyman has given new talent some shine--Garza, Murphy, Theory, Crews. But sidelining half your women's roster when Becky is on maternity leave is glaring.

What concerns me with Prichard is 'non-traditional' women are likely screwed with him. He messed up Naomi's return on a massive scale. I can see him pushing Asuka to the side for Charlotte. That's probably going to happen with anyone, but still. Shayna, Bianca, Ruby? Good luck, they may need it even more so than with Heyman.

I can see young guys getting de-pushed with Prichard, too. He'll want to stick with the more tried-and-true stars, unless someone like Otis or Sonya breaks out.

It probably can't be any worse for RAW, on some level. The pandemic has made things worse, but RAW has been teetering for a while. I don't think anyone is getting over on that show. Heyman isn't terrible, but he's not lighting the world on fire. Neither is Prichard, but he may be doing better than Heyman, at least on paper. Plus, he'll tell Vince what Vince wants. Which is the name of the game.

WWE officially confirmed it: https://www.wwe.com/article/raw-smackdown-led-by-bruce-prichard (although a Satin confirmation is basically a WWE confirmation at this point).

No big loss, honestly.

Heyman either lost whatever mojo he once had, or - more likely - wasn't ever allowed to truly be himself. His booking of Raw was scattershot at best - probably because of Vince interference.

Eh I don't know SD has had some terrible stuff lately

fake dui's

exploding protein shakes

people getting slimed

crowns being stolen

plus Braun's reign has been pretty boring

there has been some solid wrestling on sd but I'm not into the angles much at all

Raw has sputtered but at least some fresh talent was being featured

neither show is on fire now obvs.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

WWE officially confirmed it: https://www.wwe.com/article/raw-smackdown-led-by-bruce-prichard (although a Satin confirmation is basically a WWE confirmation at this point).

No big loss, honestly.

Heyman either lost whatever mojo he once had, or - more likely - wasn't ever allowed to truly be himself. His booking of Raw was scattershot at best - probably because of Vince interference.

You know, @Loss opined here at PWO way back that it didn't matter who was "booking" in WWE as long as Vince was around, and at the time I didn't agree with him (as I recall.)  I actually remember thinking (or maybe even making the argument) that different writers could put their own stamp on the WWE product even if Vince was the final say.  I can honestly say I don't believe that anymore.  Charles was right. At this point, it doesn't matter who is booking.  You could magically resurrect Eddie Freaking Graham and it wouldn't matter...as long as Vince is in charge, the WWE product is going to suck.  Bischoff, Heyman, Prichard, whoever...it really doesn't matter.  Bischoff made that point after he got fired, and I don't think he was saying it out of sour grapes.  Vince just puts other people on the "creative team" so he has somebody to call at 3:00 am or blame when he rolls out yet another shitty idea.  He's totally lost it, he's creatively bankrupt and totally out of touch at this point, so it doesn't matter who is charge.  I am betting that if you put Heyman in charge of a Pro Wrestling show without Vince McMahon around and gave him creative free reign, it would look a hell of a lot different than Raw has over the past year.

And then Heyman would bankrupt it.

We all know that with Prichard "in charge" of creative, that just makes it official...Vince really is calling all the shots, like he always has been.  Now he's not even trying to pretend somebody else is in charge.  When Prichard moves his lips, it's basically Vince McMahon talking, and it pretty much always has been.

At least there's no pretense anymore I suppose. No more pretending anyone else actually has any ability to do anything,  or that anyone else's ideas matter. Installing a yes man as the head of creative removes any possible argument.