Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Johnny Walker, aka Mr Wrestling II

paul sosnowski

Yeah for some reason my brain recalled it being more that once, but "it was a bad crowd he was hanging with and something long forgotten about" is too close to sounding like a boys-will-be-boys attempt do dismiss what happened. 

Like, yeah maybe other parties involved did worse things, but that doesn't mean the guy you''re doing an obit on played no part in it.

By all accounts, Johnny Walker was a super nice guy to all who ever met him in and out of wrestling and went out of his way to help anyone he could (further in the obit he mentions Walker coming out of retirement at 71 to do a match for the students at Don Muraco's wrestling school). It just reminds me of the "well he was nice to *me*, so the horrible thing that he did and was documented doing must not have been that bad" that we see too much of now. 

Letting people skate for shit behavior is kind of a sore spot for me at the moment, considering...... *gestures at everything in the world right now*.....so it jumped off the page to see it being addressed in a "we have to mention it so lets gloss over it as quick as possible" manner.

(Also Dave kind of has a history of taking the "bitches be crazy" stance in cases where wrestlers have been accused of sexual assault and I couldn't help but wonder if that played a role in how he dealt with this)