Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - June 10 2020

MoS

Cassidy is a huge star, and Jericho made him look like one on commentary. And only Chris Jericho can pull off using a bunch of oranges as an evil dangerous object in a world where sledgehammers are used for 2-counts. 

Sammy-Matt is the perfect oddball couple. First feud, then if Sammy turns face, they can team up as well. Matt Hardy being a crazy man with multiple personalities that get triggered at different times is pretty great imo. As long as he doesn't magically change clothes and/or seem immune to drowning. 

It's not like I was personally expecting Cody to tell Hager: "Hey, look, if I successfully defend my title next week, then it's you and me at Fyter Fest". Even as a babyface, I'm expecting Cody to look past that title defense and thinking directly about Hager. And honestly, this is what I expect to be Cody's downfall as TNT Champion at some point; he'll lose the title to an unexpected challenger because he'll be looking past him towards someone else. And then, we can get heel Cody for the first time in AEW.

That show did pretty badly in the ratings (AEW is now pretty much neck-and-neck with NXT, which can't be good considering how high their ratings were just a few weeks ago) but I don't care.  I for one thought that FTR vs. Butcher and Blade match was pretty goddamn good.  I'm all in on those guys being in AEW and I'm a big fan of how big and viable AEW's Tag Team division has become.  On the other hand, Brodie Lee has turned out to be a pretty big disappointment and I'm already pretty much over Matt Hardy's shtick.  Maybe old Vince was right when he decided to limit what Matt was allowed to do in WWE.  If what he's done so far in AEW is any indicator, then...yeah.

The ratings have gone down in the last 2 weeks since the protests in America exploded. It's been observed that for whatever reason, the AEW audience/viewership is affected more by news/current events than WWE/NXT. I guess because for those who watch WWE live, it's a force of habit a lot more than watching AEW is for its fans.