Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - June 10 2020

MoS

Speaking of ratings, would like to ask Americans here: there's some show called MTV Challenge Total Madness that's doing massive numbers in the target demo. What is it, cuz going by the title, it has the potential to be both awful and awesome. 

FTR, Young Bucks, Page & Omega, Lucha Brothers, Santana & Ortiz... And that's only for the top tier. Then you've got a bunch of good mid-card teams like SCU, Best Friends, Sabian & Havoc, Nightmare Family, Dark Order, Butcher & Blade. Yeah, their tag-team scene is beyond stacked. They almost should run a league like AJ used to do, where they can include their jobbers teams like Avalon & Cutler, 5 & 10 and some guys seen on Dark. 

Loving the little understated angles like the Allie stuff with QT. Also, Janela & Kiss is quite the intriguing unit. From what he's showed on Dark, Sonny Kiss is improving and hopefully will be ready for Dynamite soon. Some killer outfits too. Speaking of improving, Penelope Ford has overdelivered lately, so it's a clear sign she's also on the right path.

I was pleasantly surprised by Cody vs Qen, because I was not expecting anything from a Qen single match. Of course I was quite amused by the fact all of his offensive moves after his comebacks were dives, but hey, it's 2020, plus the guy is still learning. Gotta establish that belt, and that's the way you do it, Arn/Regal style.

However, FTR vs Butcher & Blade was exactly as good as I hoped it would be. Damn, FTR just are terrific, especially Dax. There has to be a point they'll get involved with Arn & Tully... Or maybe it's too obvious ? Cabana vs Guevarra was also a super strong TV match. Cabana flirting with the Dark Order is something I guess. The gimmick is what it is (and really at this point, I can agree that despite the twists and turns and cool vignettes, it's still not very compelling at all honestly), but they are quite the assembly of excellent workers.

Billy (not Gunn anymore because WWE ain't having this anymore) on TV in 2020... yeah I dunno. And the line about giving his talentless sons a job rings a bit too close to home (as far as total nepotism goes at the very least).

AEW Dynamite is sure to win "Best Weekly TV Wrestling Show" from Wrestling Observer, and it's not even close. Cody & Kenny Omega are both Wrestler of the Year Candidates, & Best Worker Candidates. Kenny & Hangman Page (The Golden Cowboys) are the clear cut 2020 Tag Team of the Year. Dark Order will probably win Worst Gimmick.