Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/15 - 06/23 Liv Morgan.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Especially when Roman doesn't ever play second fiddle, whereas McIntyre has several times since his WWE return and it didn't feel out of place. It would now, as they got the stench off him. But I can't imagine Roman being backup for Ziggler, Strowman, Shane or Corbin, like Drew was.

I'm on the opposite end. I get Roman, but Drew is paint-by-the-numbers for me. At least character-wise. A romance novel cover model. Scottish Fabio. Good wrestler once the bell rings, I enjoy him there.

As for the positive COVID test, we knew that was happening at some point. I'd be surprised if AEW or WWE doesn't have several wrestlers/staff who are asymptomatic. Thing is, neither will shut down over it. Too much money wrapped up in TV deals, and WWE answers to stockholders to boot. Unless someone winds up hospitalized or dead from it, it's business as usual.

I thought everyone was tested before each taping session in AEW? Or was it strictly temperature monitoring?

AEW has COVID-testing at every taping if I am not mistaken. WWE announced they will have their first set of testings at the next tapings.

Why is no one allowed to wear a mask? You can still shout and chant while wearing masks!

36 minutes ago, MoS said:

WWE announced they will have their first set of testings at the next tapings.

Kinda too late. I guess since AEW did it first they did not want to do it. :lol:

Speaking of business as usual, what is coming off of the whole Saudi-TV lawsuit really seem to indicate that the situation was really fucked up, like it's been said. It truly is an insane story. Amazed that it had so few repercussions thus far.

Last night and the PPV started giving me WCW feels about the current state of the company.  Perhaps that's way off base or perhaps it should've occurred to me earlier, but between the tag title nonsense both nights, main event segments built around multiple performers who can't/won't/shouldn't work and all of the bad comedy/skits its almost as if they're actively trying to run off the audience.

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I thought everyone was tested before each taping session in AEW? Or was it strictly temperature monitoring?

I believe AEW does a rapid response test, which can be wildly inaccurate. If someone has only been infected for 7-9 days, the test may come back negative. It seems to detect the virus better once someone is beyond 10 days and has a lot of antibodies from their immune system fighting back.

Also, AEW shared a hotel with UFC a while back, who had a fighter and members of his team test positive. They've had wrestlers and staff/family members as the audience long before WWE. Kris Statlander has needlessly booped everyone in the crowd on the nose a couple of times. They've become pretty loose with their approach.

AEW is doing more than WWE, kudos for that. But neither company is handling the situation well right now.

9 hours ago, MoS said:

AEW has COVID-testing at every taping if I am not mistaken. WWE announced they will have their first set of testings at the next tapings.

Why is no one allowed to wear a mask? You can still shout and chant while wearing masks!

Actually, I enquired myself to Tom Colohue about that. He told me that per a conference call with Cody, AEW does NOT currently test for COVID but they have measures already in place as soon as a talent or staff member does. I know though that people are usually separated backstage and they wear masks until they go on camera.

55 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:
What a shitstorm

By "non-employees", do they mean pro-wrestlers ? Because they are independent contractors, ya know, not employee...

Funny shit though. Has Bischoff really got fired ? Sounds like WCW management of crisis to me...

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

Actually, I enquired myself to Tom Colohue about that. He told me that per a conference call with Cody, AEW does NOT currently test for COVID but they have measures already in place as soon as a talent or staff member does. I know though that people are usually separated backstage and they wear masks until they go on camera.

That logic is great:

(1) don't test

(2) on a positive test, do something

How will you ever end up at (2), if you don't do (1) (unless someone gets a real bad case of COVID-19)?

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Thanks, I didn't know this. I was going by what JR says on commentary most weeks. If this is true, then it's really poor form for them to mislead their audience about this. Unless I misunderstood what he says. 

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

What Do You Mean Cyberbullying Is Real Just Close Your Eyes Hahaha

On that note, a bunch of indy wrestlers using Hana Kimura's death to get on their soapbox on Twitter and whine about how criticising pro wrestlers is online bullying and if you haven't been in the ring your opinion doesn't count anyway, is really peak pro wrestling douchiness. 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

On that note, a bunch of indy wrestlers using Hana Kimura's death to get on their soapbox on Twitter and whine about how criticising pro wrestlers is online bullying and if you haven't been in the ring your opinion doesn't count anyway, is really peak pro wrestling douchiness. 

I saw that shit. It's a narrative that somehow is getting support, which is just baffling.

6 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I saw that shit. It's a narrative that somehow is getting support, which is just baffling.

Not to mention a lot of (most?) female wrestlers have to deal with creepy stalkers on a regular basis, it really makes me want to punch anyone crying about being bullied because someone said their match sucked. 

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Odd. On the last BTE, you have both the Bucks at the last taping showing the two colored bracelets they get, one for COVID testing, one for temperature. That's what they say. Those bracelets have been visible for weeks.

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Oh man.. Of course they would. Why not. It's both peak pro-wrestling douchiness but typical Twitter-generation douchiness too, really. 

13 minutes ago, El-P said:

Odd. On the last BTE, you have both the Bucks at the last taping showing the two colored bracelets they get, one for COVID testing, one for temperature. That's what they say. Those bracelets have been visible for weeks.

Look, it's possible that they have upgraded their policies since then. Tom didn't tell me when was that conference call with Cody so it's very possible that they decided to go forward with COVID testing every week, considering that their chief doc Michael Sampson always has a mask on on-screen.

3 hours ago, MoS said:

Man, if they think wrestling fans are bad I would like to introduce them to comic, video game, MMA, soccer, basketball and other sports fans plus shippers. Wrestling fans have their issues but they are tame compared to most other fandoms. 

I wonder how pro wrestling not being mainstream has helped wrestling fans not be as bad as those other fandoms. It seems to be a common denominator that once stereotypical "nerd" things become popular with the normies, all the folks who were down when it wasn't cool become insufferable.