Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/15 - 06/23 Liv Morgan.

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Man, if they think wrestling fans are bad I would like to introduce them to comic, video game, MMA, soccer, basketball and other sports fans plus shippers. Wrestling fans have their issues but they are tame compared to most other fandoms. 

True. That is why at this point, Pro Wrestling Only is the only place that I have interest in talking on the Internet.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read a news/rumor/gossip thingy about Vince McMahon calling Angel Garza a "young Eddie Guerrero." 

It made me chuckle because if there's one guy that probably appreciated young Eddie Guerrero, it was Vince McMahon - who hired him when he was 33 and had already established himself as an incredible performer in multiple promotions, including his rival WCW and ECW. The past 20 years have proven that Vince has a very poor track record of taking young anythings and making them into a legit star. I mean, his last success story that he built from the ground up was who? Cena? Reigns kinda?

Not downplaying Angel Garza's talent, but if anyone is going to be a breakout Latinx star, my money is actually going to be on Sammy Guevara just because he's in the best position to actually try a bunch of stuff, figure out what works, and get over without having the WWE Machine pigeonholing him or killing his creative spirit. 

Eddie was blessed with the eras that he came up in. 90's AAA, 90's NJPW Jr. Division, 90's ECW, 90's WCW, WWF Attitude Era, & WWE Ruthless Aggression Era, even great stuff in early 2000's Indies. Those eras had some of the greatest booking of all time, and he was pushed as a top star in every era of those promotions. He was allowed to be the bright shining star that he was, as he was not held back like soooo many on today's WWE Main Roster. It's ridiculous. His charisma, character work, hilarity, and in-ring work were all way too strong to ignore. The bookers of those eras, such as Paul Heyman, just had their heads on right where they could actually notice that.

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I totally see Garza being a "new Eddie". Dude oozes charisma, is very handsome, and can deliver a good promo in two languages. He's not as good as Eddie (which very few were), but he's still great.

I mean heck, Hector Garza in 2010 after his rudo turn was basically the closest we'd ever get to that sort of charisma. He probably had even more of it than Eddy during that run but didn't quite match up in other areas. 

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

So listening to the Observer show from last night, WWE didn't want people wearing masks in the "crowd" because they didn't like how it would look on TV

Oh for goodness sakes. There are already hockey boards everywhere! We all know something is out of the ordinary. And it's not like the trainee audience is making really convincing faces anyway.

Every sports league is making branded masks and giving the profits to covid charities, it's a PR slam dunk. But no, not Vince...

45 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Someone at WWE thinks COVID-19 is a work and I have a hunch that it's AJ.

Where is this from, Bubba?

But yeah, AJ seems like a special kind of stupid, so it wouldn't surprise me.

In all likelihood, it's probably a useless Jaxson Ryker type that no one would ever think of because no one cares about him. 

26 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:
Report: WWE Star Thinks Coronavirus Is A 'Big Work', Most Wrestlers Worried | WrestleTalk
While most wrestlers are worried, a report has emerged suggesting that one WWE star believes Coronavirus is nothing but a "big work"

Considering the wording, it's more likely that it's a wrestler than Vince himself.

This is the definition of "the wrestling bubble" - where everything is wrestling.

Anyone who uses phrases like "big work" to describe a real-life event really should recoil in extreme embarrassment. It shows such a profound lack of intellect, common sense, and maturity. A lot of wrestlers have really never had to grow up.

1 hour ago, PhilTLL said:

Oh for goodness sakes. There are already hockey boards everywhere! We all know something is out of the ordinary. And it's not like the trainee audience is making really convincing faces anyway.

Every sports league is making branded masks and giving the profits to covid charities, it's a PR slam dunk. But no, not Vince...

WWE is doing that, too. Bunch of masks on WWE Shop with the net proceeds going to AmeriCares. They're goofing up with the rest of the narrative, though.

I mean, Vince is the guy who long believed anyone sneezing was a sign of weakness, so it should be no shocker that they completely bungled their handling of a global pandemic. 

I'm sure he's in his office scoffing at all these people wanting to wear masks like "real men don't need masks, PAL!"