Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/15 - 06/23 Liv Morgan.

KawadaSmile

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching NXT now and I noticed Bayley's plate on the women's tag belts is her old "hugger" logo. The SD women's title has her new one. They probably just reused it from the last time she had the tag belts but it's funny to me that's something they never bothered to change. 

Are the big Indian dudes worth getting excited for. It's nice to not have my country represented by Jinder Mahal anymore, but I had never heard of these guys before they showed on NXT. Although I try not to get excited about anyone in WWE cuz it never ends well. 

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Are the big Indian dudes worth getting excited for. It's nice to not have my country represented by Jinder Mahal anymore, but I had never heard of these guys before they showed on NXT. Although I try not to get excited about anyone in WWE cuz it never ends well. 

They are managed by Bivens and are pretty fucking fast for their size, resulting in insane slams and clashes.

So, BIG MEN SLAPPING MEAT, which is good.

Also Rinku used to pitch in the minor leagues for my Pirates so I'm a big fan just for that alone. 

but yeah, they give off a real Samoan Swat Team vibe where they look like they could kill you if they felt the inclination which is a thing I didn't realize I missed in wrestling. 

I've seen them maybe twice (including once where they sadly squash my boys Ever-Rise) but we're far from the prototypical disasters like the Great Khali. Like @sek69 said, there's a SST feel to this team that I didn't expect at first and with Malcom Bivens as their manager, sky's the limit for them.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So Riddle beating AJ Styles in his debut.  Yeah that is going to be interesting given what has happened in the last 24 hours.  I am going to assume this was taped on Wednesday when the shit didn't hit the fan and destroyed the fan in a million pieces

Dream got a title match despite everything. Not expecting Riddle to suffer from this at all.

Also, I struggle to think of any feud more unappealing to me than Braun vs Bray.

Not that I think Charlotte has done any good for NXT's overall ratings because she clearly hasn't, but it was reported a couple weeks ago that her segment was the highest rated segment on this particular episode. I'd have to go back and look but I believe that was also the case in other episodes in May.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/mike-tyson-aew-segment-loses-viewers-670945/

Also, on the topic of Braun Strowman's appearance, its really amazing how in the 5 years since he debuted as part of the Wyatt Family, the company has really never bothered to update or make his look special at all. Like, say what you will about the various Undertaker designs or, on the opposite end of the spectrum, how simple Big Show's black singlet was, but they were at least iconic (even if Big Show's a reference to Andre). But what about Strowman's look is iconic? Its cargo pants and a tank top. Its almost as lazy as Kevin Owens' gear, but at least Owens' basketball shorts and sleeveless tee-shirt have their roots in him being an indy guy on a shoestring budget.