MoS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Addressing the cameras is a nice touch.  

Yeah, I completely agree. Really liked that. 

Sammy Guevera has so much personality. Him and Darby Allin are the reasons I am most grateful AEW exists. 

Abadon could be a big star if handled right. A female wrestler with a legit disturbing gimmick is practically unheard of* and anything that can get people to stop what they are doing and say "what the fuck is THAT?" is a great addition to any show.

Also signing Ricky Starks is a great, great move. He really came off as a star in the making on the NWA shows, and I'm stoked he landed with a company that won't waste his potential by having him spend his peak years in a warehouse doing rolling drills.

*yeah you had Su Yung and Rosemary in Impact but this character takes it to another level

Dug this week's show and I echo the love for the twist with Abadon. I'm still halfway interested in Brodie and The Dark Order since it feels like someone gathering the troops for another assault after losing a battle. Uno and Grayson winning the belts and FTR/The Bucks having to go through the other two DO teams first could be a fun 3 week program.

Omega kneeing Dustin in the face with that overly-dramatic leapfrog was pretty frightening but Dustin turning it into part of the match is why he's the best. Britt Baker sending a message that just said "This woman needs Jesus" had me rolling, along with Swole's Undertaker impression. AEW really understands that comedy has it's place in pro wrestling and it never overshadows the real angles; Orange Cassidy dropping all his shit and going after Jericho was a perfect example. We had some MJF comedy and Britt comedy so he just got a measure of revenge and had a good show closing angle.

Ricky Starks doesn't do too much for me in-ring but the guy has fantastic presence and is such a natural promo. He's going to be a great addition to the MJF/Jungle Boy/Darby/Sammy Young Guns group.

And my final prediction is that we get Heel Cody with his own "Horsemen" of him, FTR and one other with Arn as the modern day JJ. With a heel turn caused by Darby Allin finally getting one over on him and taking his title. Cody offers the usual handshake routine and then kicks the shit out of him. Book it, Tony.

Something is clearly brewing with the Arn stuff and since this isn't a company that has a history of disappointing the audience, I'm stoked to see where this is going.

I will say as the promotion that clearly sees itself as the spiritual successor to JCP, it's odd to me Arn has gone this long without turning on a Rhodes yet. Him doing so would be a very "a leopard never changes its spots" thing for him to do. 

Dark Order winning the Tag Team Titles would be trash & unfitting. FTR winning the Tag Team Titles (in a MOTYC, BTW), as a part of joining Cody's new Four Horsemen, leading to their feud with The Young Bucks, and the overall, Elite (Kenny, Hangman, Bucks) vs. Horsemen (Cody, Spears, FTR) feud makes more sense to me. This could also lead to the "Blood & Guts" WarGames match.

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Something is clearly brewing with the Arn stuff and since this isn't a company that has a history of disappointing the audience, I'm stoked to see where this is going.

I will say as the promotion that clearly sees itself as the spiritual successor to JCP, it's odd to me Arn has gone this long without turning on a Rhodes yet. Him doing so would be a very "a leopard never changes its spots" thing for him to do. 

Yes, but since “The view, nevah changes, baby.  Its to join forces with a crew, and not to be the main guy as manager. ;)

Probably not in the best mood to enjoy this episode, which had its ups and downs.

Strikes me how really, it's so obvious The Elite (Bucks, Omega, Page & Cody) are the best TV workers of them all. Enjoyed all their matches the most + the main event.

Ricky Starks is a cool signing. Lots of potential, good promo and charismatic, although nothing special in the ring to me thus far (I got the same impression from his NWA stuff).

I gotta, say, I still kinda like how the Dark Order is developping into a band of really good worker, Cabana maybe going with them is a good little angle. Plus why not add a woman. 

Speaking of which, that "debut" was straight up from LU. :lol: Hey, if this ends up with her going Dark Order, I guess it's ok. However, sorry to say but I have no idea why people are so enthousiastic about Abadon. 

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

*yeah you had Su Yung and Rosemary in Impact but this character takes it to another level

Totally disagree. What level ? She's a girl with 1996 Marilyn Manson-like make-up and emulating Su Yung. Su's presentation is so much more intimidating and Rosemary is such a better character. I honestly don't see what's so special here. Hey, she has the time to grow, but today she's to Su Yung what Abyss was to Mankind. Just like Big Swole doing a WWF Attitude Era-like angle, did not enjoy that part either (I really don't enjoy Big Swole at all anyway, really, don't see shit in her).

However, Britt Baker in the dumpster was legit funny.

Billy Gunn vs MJF was bad. Sorry, but I don't want a single match with Billy Gunn on my wrestling TV in 2020. Plus the guy looks and works exactly as he did 20 years ago, and yeah that is a backhanded compliment. The fact MJF did not squash him clean really sucked.

The Butcher wins the best look of the night contest. They really need a tag-team league at this point, their roster is ridiculous.

Nice build toward Fyter Fest, overall. Cody's TNT title really has been a winner thus far and I enjoy the hints of a heel turn. 

So yeah, pretty contrasted week to me, as for a rare occasions some stuff I really, really disliked.

I would love to see AEW do a Tag League tournament similar to the AJPW World's Strongest Tag League, but the problem with that is American Mainstream wrestling fans don't understand, appreciate, nor have the patience for a 1 month Round Robin tournament I feel. America is not conditioned to have patience at all, and it really would irritate me for such an epic tournament to take place, and then I come across some morons saying "wHEn iS tHiS ThINg gOInG tO eND?"

10 hours ago, SmoothS said:

I would love to see AEW do a Tag League tournament similar to the AJPW World's Strongest Tag League, but the problem with that is American Mainstream wrestling fans don't understand, appreciate, nor have the patience for a 1 month Round Robin tournament I feel. America is not conditioned to have patience at all, and it really would irritate me for such an epic tournament to take place, and then I come across some morons saying "wHEn iS tHiS ThINg gOInG tO eND?"

I think AEW fans, who likely have a pretty strong overlap with New Japan fans, would be down for a tournament. Not sure it would work great in the way they pace Dynamite, though.

Two points on the Horsemen ideas - Tully and Arn teaming up and Spears being the fourth guy could work great. And if they're placed against the Elite, the money match there is Cody vs. Hangman, which is the biggest intra-Elite match they haven't done, and I'm sure they can find a way to reference how Hangman was the only one who always stuck with Cody during the Bullet Club is fine angle. Cody offering Hangman a slot and him losing his mind when Hangman turns it down is $$$$$.