Pro Wrestling Only

#SpeakingOut: Industry-wide sexual misconduct (assault/harrassment/grooming/etc) accusations and their repercussions

KawadaSmile

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MoS said:

He is alleging that he was earning $20,000 per month prior to the allegations. In what universe is that even close to a realistic figure? The sheer gall. I really hope wrestling as a whole takes a stance against him.

You don't think 240K a year sounds reasonable for a top independent draw? 

• 2 weeks later...

Serial sexual predator Joseph Meehan - better known as Joey Ryan, but we should use his real name exclusively from now on IMO so this follows him around - is suing Impact Wrestling. This isn't as low as what he did to those women, obviously, but it's still pretty shitty to potentially bankrupt a small indie organization with a frivolous false lawsuit.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The only thing remotely resembling evidence of wrongdoing by Ospreay came from IWL, and now they're walking it back. This is why you don't allow Twitter lynch mobs to be the arbiters of justice.

I agree with you, but what I don't understand is how those twits at IWL could be confused about whether they were contacted by the venue or by Will. That would be pretty clear cut, no?

IIRC their original story was always that the venue had contacted them on behalf of Ospreay and they heavily implied that Ospreay was the one behind it all. Now they've backtracked on the second part of that and are saying that Ospreay had nothing to do with it, only the venue.

• 2 weeks later...

Serial sexual predator and litigious douchebag Joseph Meehan (Joey Ryan) has started a GoFundMe called "Justice for Joey."

I won't link to it, for obvious reasons, but this is a real doozy...

Justice for Joey Ryan

$245 raised of $100,000 goal 

The 9ine is organizing this fundraiser.

Created 2 days ago
Accidents & Emergencies

It happened almost overnight. A series of posts on Social Media, damning posts offering no evidence of any kind ended a man's 20 year career. Just like that, a handful of Tweets destroyed a man's way of living. No legal charges were filed. No arrests were made. No trial took place.

Can you imagine losing your entire career, your life's work because someone Tweeted nasty things about you? Can you imagine losing your contract with a major television organization without so much as an opportunity to tell them your side of the story?

Twitter would lead you to believe all should automatically "believe victims."

The real world would lead you to believe anyone can type anything into Twitter at any time, all in the interest of the imaginary concept of "social justice."

The real world has real justice. That real justice is served in the varying legal systems put in place by this wonderful country, The United States of America. 

We believe there are many like us. We believe there are many who support Joey Ryan, but have to do so from social media's shadows. A kind word, a voice of support or even a like of a social media post could result in becoming the next target of mobs of supposed "Social Justice Warriors" who would see to it such supporters and "tried and hanged" before a global audience all in the name of "social justice."

We are here to represent those who support Joey Ryan, but have to do so anonymously. 

We are here to support real justice being served in courts, not on the screens of smart phones and computers.

We are here to raise funds to help cover the vast legal fees associated with the necessary lawsuits filed by Joey Ryan to clear his name and receive compensation for what we believe to be wrongful termination.

The choice to support Joey Ryan is yours, publicly or anonymously. 

Thank you for your consideration.

There are no words.

He has raised only $245, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of that came from his own pocket.

Seems like not being a sexual predator to the point you make it your wrestling gimmick would be a good way to avoid "twitter social justice warriors" , but that's just me.

Also the Twitter mobs have a better track record of dealing with sexual predators than the justice system at this point. Which is fucked up on its own, but doesn't mean Joseph here is innocent.

Assholes always "find religion" later in life. i.e Shawn Michaels and many others. And then they aren't assholes anymore, see... Well, they can be anti-ask douchebags like Road Dogg and such still though...

Also, Twitter mobs don't "deal" with sexual predators at all. Twitter mobster are awful, cowardly people "dealing" with anybody and anyone without the slightest idea of what they are talking about. "Popular justice" is always terrible because it has nothing to do with justice. Victims coming out and speaking out are dealing with sexual aggressors. They are the ones making things move.

Why was my post deleted ? Did I say something that doesn't please the mods and admins of this board ?

Edit : I guess we're trying to cancel me. My opinion is that we should teach to male and female wrestlers not to flirt or to have sexe before their wedding or outside of wedding. If people in America and around the world only tried to have sex with their husband or wife, such scandal wouldn't occur.

6 minutes ago, Pterois said:

Edit : I guess we're trying to cancel me. My opinion is that we should teach to male and female wrestlers not to flirt or to have sexe before their wedding or outside of wedding. If people in America and around the world only tried to have sex with their husband or wife, such scandal wouldn't occur.

Ok : so, for the record, this trash has nothing to do on PWO. 

You're only against talking about politics in PWO when people disagree with your views. If everybody agrees with your agenda (I'm not going to explain in detail what your agenda is but I guess you have an idea of what I'm thinking), you're ok if it's not pwo and we talk about non wrestling related topics such as sexuality and politics. If you read opinions that you don't like, suddenly it becomes PWO. Either we all can tell what we believe or nobody can't.

No one's trying to cancel you bro,  teaching sex as only between husband and wife doesn't stop predator behavior, it only abuses  the woman further  because then they are slut shamed for having sex outside marriage.

Source: every society where that has been been attempted.

1 hour ago, Pterois said:

You're only against talking about politics in PWO when people disagree with your views. If everybody agrees with your agenda (I'm not going to explain in detail what your agenda is but I guess you have an idea of what I'm thinking), you're ok if it's not pwo and we talk about non wrestling related topics such as sexuality and politics. If you read opinions that you don't like, suddenly it becomes PWO. Either we all can tell what we believe or nobody can't.

This is trash and doesn't belong here.

As Jerome said, marriage does not prevent sexual abuse. In fact, marriage can often be a veneer to justify sexual harassment. 

And as the others said, this trash does not belong here. Take your bullshit moral posturing and get the fuck out of here.

3 hours ago, Pterois said:

Why was my post deleted ? Did I say something that doesn't please the mods and admins of this board ?

Did anyone have someone doing a chastity gimmick here on their 2020 bingo card? LOL