Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - June 24, 2020

MoS

If I had chosen to steal good bubba KawadaSmile's gimmick, I would have titled this "Pandemic fucks things up". Moxley and QT Marshall are off the show as a precautionary measure for contact with someone who tested positive. Not sure anyone even wants to watch much wrestling right now, but the newly booked FTR v. SCU match has the potential to be excellent. 

14 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

“When we decided to have the greatest tag team match ever, we did pretty much decided to do it and did it”

Gonna take the bait. Can someone tell me what match Kenny is referring to here? 

The Revolution tag match from February of this year. 

Luchasaurus vs. Wardlow was a lot of fun, I gave it ***1/2.

FTR vs. SCU was fantastic. I gave it ****. FTR is one of my favorite current tag teams along with reDRagon/Undisputed ERA, The Violent Giants (Suwama/Ishikawa), & AXIZ (Shiozaki/Nakajima).

The Britt Baker/Big Swole feud is hilarious and they have great chemistry. 

The Chris Jericho/Orange Cassidy confrontation was great. Everything Jericho says and does is gold. Orange Cassidy's nonchalant personality and reactions are also gold. Great brawl to close out the episode.

I pray that Renee Young recovers, and that Jon Moxley & QT Marshall are safe.

Both nights of Fyter Fest look like straight fire!

Just want to throw out some love for Janela/Kiss as a team. Sonny Kiss has had a great year on Dark so I’m glad he’s getting to shine on Dynamite. The pair have good chemistry and Janela is way more palatable as a fired-up, hot tag babyface. 

SCU and Butcher and Blade are the two best opponents for FTR to lead in with and I’d be up for them getting a long match with QT and Dustin when QT recovers. That’d be so great.

Fyter Fest looks like a pair of good shows but I do wonder if they have anything planned for Cage after this shot. Both Brodie and Archer felt and still feel directionless following their title shots so I wonder if they reignite the Darby Allin/Taz stuff.

59 minutes ago, Stiva said:

Just want to throw out some love for Janela/Kiss as a team. Sonny Kiss has had a great year on Dark so I’m glad he’s getting to shine on Dynamite. The pair have good chemistry and Janela is way more palatable as a fired-up, hot tag babyface. 

SCU and Butcher and Blade are the two best opponents for FTR to lead in with and I’d be up for them getting a long match with QT and Dustin when QT recovers. That’d be so great.

Fyter Fest looks like a pair of good shows but I do wonder if they have anything planned for Cage after this shot. Both Brodie and Archer felt and still feel directionless following their title shots so I wonder if they reignite the Darby Allin/Taz stuff.

Sonny Kiss' performance in that match was tremendous. He made the most out of a chance to perform on television. This is the best thing that Joey Janela can do with himself as he cannot perform in the style of match that he is best at: Hardcore Wrestling. He is in the same boat that Jimmy Havoc was in. Neither one are special as traditional singles wrestlers at all, so the next best thing for guys like them is Tag Team wrestling.