Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/29 - 07/05 Florida is pretty much where the Doom guy goes to in his games

KawadaSmile

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do only some matches require that contracts be signed? If they all do, why are only some public? And why do they announce matches before the contracts are officially signed? And why does each match need a contract if they are already under contract? How come they don't have to sign contracts for weekly matches on TV?

Shutting it down seems like the most likely scenario. The brand is a money pit and they've accomplished their goal of killing the UK scene, so it had long outlived its usefulness even without all the recent allegations. Also, it matches Vince's modus operandi, as the XFL's employees were notified that the league was suspending operations via conference call. That does leave the question of what to do with WALTER since he's made it clear that he has no desire to relocate to the US.

36 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

That does leave the question of what to do with WALTER since he's made it clear that he has no desire to relocate to the US.

"I would go on the main roster at some point but I wouldn’t move to America. Moving to America is not for me. American lifestyle is not for me. No, I couldn’t imagine that. When it comes to that, I stay where I am.

But, I am able to get on an airplane! [laughs]."

https://talksport.com/sport/wrestling/597210/walter-exclusive-nxt-uk-wwe-raw-smackdown-live/

Obviously, he can't fly around now, but he can easily join NXT U.S. or WWE after all of this is over if they don't mind him living abroad. 

16 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

WALTER, Kay Lee Ray, Pete Dunne and Toni Storm are the talent they'll want to bring over to NXT proper. And Tyler Bate if the accusations against prove false. Nearly everyone else will get their pink slips.

I can see Ilja Dragunov, and the two Imperium guys who aren't Alexander Wolfe remaining employed as well.

10 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

WALTER, Kay Lee Ray, Pete Dunne and Toni Storm are the talent they'll want to bring over to NXT proper. And Tyler Bate if the accusations against prove false. Nearly everyone else will get their pink slips.

Pete Dunne has already relocated to the States and is part of the NXT roster now, from what I understand.  I'm not sure what the full story is with Tyler Bate.  The worst I heard about him is that he made a pass at a married woman. Call me immoral but I'm not sure that makes him worthy of banishment, but I guess we'll see.  WALTER is an interesting case.  I got the impression from a couple of interviews I saw with him that he was pretty happy to remain the big fish in the small NXT UK pond, making the odd flight Stateside for an occasional appearance.  If he can't do that, I don't know how interested they'd be in using him full time.  Not to mention that as soon as Vince and Bruce get their hands on him, they'll fuck him up and try to get him to breakdance while wearing a tuxedo, I'm sure.

11 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I'm not sure what the full story is with Tyler Bate.  The worst I heard about him is that he made a pass at a married woman. Call me immoral but I'm not sure that makes him worthy of banishment, but I guess we'll see.

Being an unfaithful scumbag isn't a fireable offense, but WWE better hope that's the extent of it. 

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Being an unfaithful scumbag isn't a fireable offense, 

Sorry but this is ridiculous. People do what they want and it's their private lives and nobody's business and nobody's to judge. This has nothing to do with anything.

45 minutes ago, El-P said:

Sorry but this is ridiculous. People do what they want and it's their private lives and nobody's business and nobody's to judge. This has nothing to do with anything.

43 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I don't think he even knew she was married, so him getting lumped into a pile of rapists and other offenders was out of pocket.

41 minutes ago, El-P said:

Completely ridiculous and this is the puritanism noise I was talking about. Fuck that shit, really.

My bad - I thought he was the married one. But no, he should not be lumped in with sewage like Joey Ryan, etc. Not at all.

With that said, being a cheating spouse and breaking apart a marriage and family just to get your rocks off is not something that should be so casually discarded as "Puritanism" when it's rightly criticized. It does real damage and lasting damage. However, Bate should not be fired for it or scapegoated in the same sentence with rapists and abusers. That is ridiculous.

Edit: Turns out there's a lot more with Bate than I realized (see posts below), so fuck him.

31 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Pete Dunne has already relocated to the States and is part of the NXT roster now, from what I understand. 

He had to vacate his part of the NXT tag team titles with Matt Riddle because he was stuck in the UK. He was pretty much 100% part of the US NXT roster before everything went down. 

Yeah, the reason I mentioned Bate's situation is because there are multiple accusations on him now. The first one seemed more like a guy hitting on a woman in a bar without it going further. Nothing there. But the rest seems really sketchy.

Totally forgot about Dragunov. I can see him being brought over for sure. Couldn't remember if Dunne had permanently relocated to Florida.

5 hours ago, Loss said:

Why do only some matches require that contracts be signed? If they all do, why are only some public? And why do they announce matches before the contracts are officially signed? And why does each match need a contract if they are already under contract? How come they don't have to sign contracts for weekly matches on TV?

57 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Bate was also accused of grooming an underage girl, including sending unsolicited dick pics, so let's not paint him as a victim just yet.

I'm sure that I read this weekend that Bate (and Trent Seven) were both cleared from the allegations about them.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

With that said, being a cheating spouse and breaking apart a marriage and family just to get your rocks off is not something that should be so casually discarded as "Puritanism" when it's rightly criticized.

It's nobody else's business but theirs. Private life is just that, private. Yes, it is puritanism to judge what other people do with their love and sex life.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

However, Bate should not be fired for it or scapegoated in the same sentence with rapists and abusers. That is ridiculous.

Edit: Turns out there's a lot more with Bate than I realized (see posts below), so fuck him.

We agree on both points there.