AEW Fyter Fest 2020 - Night one

MoS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Coffey said:

The biggest difference between NXT & AEW to me, from flipping back-and-forth tonight, is that in NXT, not very many people feel special or like stars. Like that opening women's four way is just a nothing match. Meanwhile, in AEW, so far each match has felt like the people in the match were stars. 

Io/Sasha on NXT I'm sure will be different but their card is not something that looks like they're too concerned with trying to "fight" against AEW on Wednesday. 

There is a part of me that just wants to say, "NXT sucks now". Other than Gargano, I'm just not feeling it anymore. I miss Pete Dunne as well.

My disillusionment with NXT has nothing to do with NXT and everything to do with how they butchered so many hot acts on the main roster. I will always have 2015 Sasha-Bayley though. 

This match definitely overdelivered. They sold the post-match quite well too. 

15 minutes ago, SmoothS said:

Samoa Joe would be awesome in the Tazz role as well. Very similar to each other.

Neither of them are even remotely believable to me in "tough guy" roles, but Joe is better at it than Taz for sure.

7 minutes ago, Log said:

Really? You don’t think Joe comes off as tough? I wouldn’t fuck with him. 

Yeah,  Joe is one of the few people in wrestling that has an aura of being able to fuck you up if he felt the need to.

5 minutes ago, Log said:

I’m with JR. Wrestlers need to stop doing the stupid, “Three!!?!?!” after every fucking kick out. You’ve never won a match with that move. Don’t act like you’re shocked it didn’t end the match. 

Or if you really think it should have ended the match, cover them again, as though you are participating in a wrestling match and not an acting class.

Fun two hours, even if I didn’t really think any match was particularly great. As said though, everyone on the show felt like a big deal and each champion was going up against a well-built, credible challenger which is all you can really ask for and nothing stood out as bad booking or a wasted segment. As for Taz, I actually like him in the role; he has good delivery and Cage needed a mouthpiece anyway. 

It seems like next week is a show where they have to get the booking decisions right. Do they give Cassidy the big win without the crowd? Do they pull the trigger on Cabana joining the Dark Order? Do they deliver on Nyla’s surprise? A few more variables that could pay off big if they get it right.