Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fyter Fest 2020 - Night one

MoS

I think Cage and Taz are great together.  I wasn't into Taz as a mouthpiece when they did it in TNA years ago, but I think he's great here.  I've been a Cage fan for a while and I like they way they've been introducing monsters as challengers for Moxley.  First Brodie Lee, now Cage....there's a bit of an old school territory feel to it

Nothing on the show blew me away  but everything was solid-very good.  Jericho is gold on commentary.  It does feel like time for a shake up though with Sammy out, Hager and Santana/Ortiz all losing on the show, and Jericho likely losing to Orange Cassidy next week.  It almost feels like other than Sammy this was planned to write Jericho out for a few months to tour with Fozzy.  I think they can definitely have the Inner Circle kind of go their separate ways for a while and bring them back together down the line to finally do Blood & Guts

I loved the Darby video.  That last trick was F'n insane!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also like Jericho on commentary but having four people out there, there were a lot of times where they were talking over each other. In that regard, Jericho reminded me of the one family member at Thanksgiving that won't let others get a word in by just getting louder.

I already think a 3-man team is kind of rough. Four is way too many. But I do like Jericho on color. 

Really enjoyed the show. Opening tag match was excellent, Penelope Ford really has improved by leaps and bounds and her match with Shida was as good as it could be at this stage.

Hager did a good thing by having his wife at his side, because he canno't look more bland by himself (WTF were those trunks ?). A good gimmick for them would be the annoying parents. You know, the kind who just can't shut the fuck up about their kids. hager has been at its best during those vignettes and I thought the "We love you" spot was quite funny, therefore this idea. Plus Catalina the Uncrown Miss USA is gold as a gimmick, kinda Debra McMichealish. Match was really good too and I like Cody going all Bret Hart on the finish.

Private Party vs Santana & Ortiz was much better than expected to me. I credit Santana & Ortiz, because PP still are spot workers basically. Improving though, but there was no reason to push them after they upset the Young Bucks months ago, just not ready. Glad they got new music.

Taz dropping "we're not running a sloppy business" had me pop hard. This is vintage Taz from 1997.

That Darby Allen spot was insane. The guy is gonna hurt himself outside of the ring though at some point doing this stuff...

Main event was very good too, Page looked like a star again, and it's obvious that's the whole point of this whole tag-team anyway. Omega is just great doing what he does but not overshadowing anyone. Understated best worker of the year, really.

As always, enjoying the old "Bash at the Beach" feel of the show with the set ups and Schiavone & Ross wearing the flowery hawaiian shirts.

Jericho on announcing was gold, but yeah 4 is too much.

They've done a really good job with the first night. Felt like a bigger show than the usual TV for sure, everything seemed special and important, and *different*.