Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Den Scorpio

World Wrestling Federation (2.0)

HOUSE SHOW: Friday 8/21 | New Haven, CT @ Coliseum (10,633)

Masa Saito (w/Mr. Fuji) defeated SD Jones with the gut-wrench powerslam.

The Fantastics defeated Barry Horowitz & Steve Lombardi with the Rocket Launcher.

I-C Champion Greg Valentine (w/Bobby Heenan) defeated Ivan Pustksi with a schoolboy & using the ropes for leverage. Putski fires up & Polish Hammers Valentine after the match.

Sgt. Slaughter & Scufflin’ Hillbillies fought The Iron Sheik & Red Scare (w/Fred Blassie) to a No Contest. Match never started, with all 6 men fighting in & out of the ring, into the crowd, and finally to the back. Chaos.

David Schultz defeated Ted Arcidi by count-out.

Pedro Morales defeated Haku with a small package.

Tito Santana defeated Bob Backlund by DQ. Backlund had the Chicken Wing locked in & Santana crawled to get his foot on the ropes. Backlund refused to break for the 5-count & the ref called for the bell. Backlund Chicken-Wings the ref & Santana flying-forearms Backlund, sending him packing to end the night.

TV: Superstars of Wrestling - Saturday 8/22

image.jpeg.177d3e23c0dba81768780cffa3ab9dce.jpeg

(White Plains, NY @ Westchester County Civic Center. Gorilla Monsoon & Fred Blassie on commentary.)

[OPEN] to the customary dramatic WWF logo-in-space opener, with colored galactic lasers galvanizing the logo to its dazzling golden hue, as the echoing voice bellows “The World Wrestling Federation. The revolutionary force in sports-entertainment”.

[OPEN] to the opening credit package set to audio of “Some Like It Hot” by Power Station.

[FILTER IN] to the packed 5,000-seat midsized arena. Gorilla Monsoon & ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie are on the podium across the way from the ring. Lively crowd!

Gorilla: Some like it hot, indeed! We’re jam-packed with folks who resemble that remark! WELCOME to another explosive edition of The Superstars of Wrestling. It’s the Gorilla alongside The Classy One, Freddie Blassie. And Blass, I hope you brought your hard hat!

Blassie: Diamond encrusted, at that!

Gorilla (scoffs): I can only imagine. Folks, are you ready for the in-ring WWF debut of the one & only BIG JOHN STUDD! Then you’ll ALSO be ready for the incomparable 6-Man trio of Sgt. Slaughter & the Scufflin’ Hillbillies - 3 of the Classy One’s favorites, I might add - THEY’LL be here this week in 6-Man tag team action! Speaking of ready, the former World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champ BOB BACKLUND sees 1-on-1 competition right here this week! Not to mention the newly arriving duo of those Samoan monsters - HEADHUNTERS, we’re told - after that gang-style attack on the Von Erich’s a couple weeks ago, Afa & Sika will be here in tag team action. And in The Penthouse this week, the gentleman to my right welcomes new arrival Mr. Fuji & his countryman from the Orient, the ever dangerous Masa Saito.

Blassie: Finally some CLASS in The Penthouse! I can’t wait!

Gorilla: Let’s get to some action at ringside!  

[FADE] to the ring, where Calvin Jones warms up in the ring as he’s intro’d. Suddenly, the place erupts as Pedro Morales happily makes his way out of the tunnel to a warm welcome. He hi-fives fans on the way to the ring, climbs inside, waves to the roaring crowd & takes off his plush coat to begin warming up.

Match #1: Pedros Morales vs. Calvin Jones

Pedro practically chain-wrestles the pants off of Jones, until Jones gets frustrated & shoves Pedro! Pedro smiles, then unleashes a barrage of furious roundhouses that level Jones over & over! He knocks him from pillar to post like a pinball, then bounces to the ropes & comes off at 50 mph with the spearing headbutt to the gut for the 1-2-3! Crowd celebrates the fiery finish & Pedro celebrates with them. He finally exits & heads up the aisle, enjoying the fanfare.

Winner: Pedro Morales by Pinfall

[CUT] to WWF Update with “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’” by Michael Jackson as the audio. Into the newsroom-like studio with Lord Alfred Hayes.

He leads in with the heinous attack on ‘Superstar’ Graham last week during his moment of honor & the shocking revelation of King Kong Bundy as the newest Heenan Family member. He rolls the footage of the assault.

Alfred then informs us that Graham sustained 4 bruised & 1 broken rib, and lacerations to his lower back. Expected to be sidelined a minimum of 6-8 weeks. He hypes what could possibly happen next.

Alfred then switches gears to the goings-on of ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Paul Orndorff since his arrival 2 weeks ago on All-Star Wrestling. He rolls footage of the in-ring debut, and then his appearance on Victory Corner as Alfred’s guest last week, where Jimmy Hart propositioned to be Orndorff’s manager & was left with the issue unresolved.

Alfred hypes that things are heating up like never before, and ends with adding that the arrival of George ‘The Animal’ Steele will only add fuel to the fire of an already scorching summer, etc.

The segment ends with a WWF logo graphic & instrumental of “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel as the audio.

Commercial

Back from commercial, Corey Boston & Jimmy Johnson warm up in the ring as they’re intro’d. Ominous tribal music kicks in as Afa & Sika slowly stalk out of the tunnel to the aisle, licking their own faces like the unpredictable savages they are. Crowd full of intimidation as they make their way to ringside. 

Sika hops the railing & sends the front row of fans heading for the hills! He walks halfway down the front row as the last few fans clear away in diminishing amusement & increasing fear for their safety. Sika then hops the railing & joins Afa on the apron, as they remove their floral wraparound garments. They get into the ring, pacing & stalking their opponents like they’re sizing up prey.

Match #2: Afa & Sika vs. Corey Boston & Jimmy Johnson 

Both Samoans pounce on their opponents like wild predators. Afa dumps Boston to the outside, and they dismantle poor Johnson with high-impact offense & savage punishment - taking turns with falling chops to the head & chest of prone Johnson, and torturous ripping at his face & mouth, etc. Ref can’t get control to make either man exit to the apron. Afa rolls outside & avalanches Boston against the ring post! 

Back inside, Afa & Sika stand Johnson up & they level him with a double crescent kick to the face. Sika crawls over him like an animal lavishing over his kill, as the ref mercifully counts the 1-2-3. 

After the match, Afa drops a headbutt on the corpse. Sika hops to the 2nd turnbuckle & flattens the corpse with a splash. Both Samoans enjoy their victory & make the belt-around-the-waist gesture, then lurch their way out of the ring. Ringside fans are ready to flee, just in case either man hops another railing on their way to the back.

Winners: Afa & Sika by Pinfall  

[SEEN IN PHILADELPHIA MARKET ONLY] to the market-specific ‘WWF Event Center’ with Mean Gene standing by with the WWF logo on the wall behind him.

Gene hypes Philadelphia & surrounding Delaware Valley that the countdown is over, because TONIGHT’S the big night that WWF action returns to the City of Brotherly Love at the Spectrum, with an 8 PM bell time. Very few tix remain!

He quickly runs down most of this 9-match card, including Bruno Sammartino defending the Title vs. ‘Dr. D’ David Schultz in this long-awaited main event, Sgt. Slaughter vs. Iron Sheik, Von Erich’s defending the Tag Titles vs. British Bulldogs in a 2/3 Falls Match, Greg Valentine defending the I-C Title vs. Tito Santana, Bob Backlund vs. Hillbilly Jim, the Fantastics vs. Red Scare, etc.

Kerry & Kevin Von Erich enter frame in street clothes with their Titles, as Gene is thrilled to welcome them in. Kevin says Philly is 1 of the great wrestling towns in the country & it’s high time they settle the score with the Bulldogs once & for all. 

Says they’ve had a lot of hard-fought battles with the Bulldogs all over this country, but tonight we’re in the City of Brotherly Love. And these 2 brothers (Von Erich’s) are fixin’ to beat Dynamite & Davey, 2 out of 3 falls - perfect town for it.

Kerry says he’s excited, even giddy, to run wild in Philadelphia tonight. Says this is what hot summer wrestling nights are all about. Says, as soon as they take care of the Bulldogs once & for all, they’ve got a date with some Samoans & “We ALWAYS show up to our dates on time with bells on. Bring it on, boys - we ain’t EVER been hard to find!”

Gene is fired up & closes out the segment, as the charismatic brothers remain with their arms around him as he ends with his hard sell of the big night tonight in Philly. 

WE see the in-space graphic with the event details with “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” by Wham! as the audio backdrop.

Commercial

Back from commercial, Todd Moxley warms up in the ring as he’s intro’d. Crowd erupts to its feet in monster heat as… here comes Bob Backlund emerging from the tunnel in his ring robe, stopping to stare disdainfully at the growingly hostile crowd. He then marches his way down the aisle to the ring & gets into the ring. He’s breathing in the thundering boos, almost tempted to lash out but smugly refrains.

Match #3: Bob Backlund vs. Todd Moxley

Backlund, instead of locking up, randomly begins lecturing Moxley professorially. Backlund gets more animated & wound up in his lecturing. He slaps Moxley! Moxley levels Backlund with a flurry of dropkicks! Place going crazy! Moxley’s full of vigor & believes this can happen! He goes for another dropkick, but Backlund sidesteps & mauls him with a bevy of suplexes & ground-n-pound.

Backlund hooks the Crossface Chicken Wing, wrangles him to the mat, grapevining his body & nearly ripping his arm from the socket! Ref calls for the bell. Backlund still won’t break the hold, until the ref starts a 5-count. He finally lets go & stands up, blankly looking into the hard cam like he’s in some kind of blank trance. Place rumbling in boos. 

When the ref tries to raise his arm in victory, Backlund suddenly snaps out of it & hooks the Crossface Chicken Wing on the ref! What the…! Ref is flailing in shock & agony! Backlund pulls him down to the abyss on the mat & fully grapevines the poor ref’s body! 

Tons of refs & officials race to ringside, and Backlund quickly breaks the hold to roll out of the ring as the officials are sliding in. Backlund grabs a mic from Finkel.

Backlund (points in the ring): LET IT BE A LESSON AS YOU LAY THERE, KERRITH! NO MORE FALSEHOODS! YOU WILL SHOW RESPECT TO YOUR LEADERS, IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO!

Backlund ditches the mic & marches straight up the aisle proudly, as if he’s headed for his next lecture! Did he just speak at Moxley as if he were Kerry Von Erich!? The officials in the ring are confused as they all check on the attacked ref & Moxley. 

Winner: Bob Backlund by Submission

[CUT] to a special 30-second hype ad for WWF merchandise to order by phone.

[CUT] back into the arena… where there is hysteria as Giant Haystacks is heading down the aisle with a maniacal look on his face! The officials in the ring have helped Moxley & the injured ref to their feet, just as they notice Haystacks arrive! They’re horrified!

Haystacks comes up the steps & climbs in over the top rope! Officials scatter & Moxley tries to escape, but Haystacks catches him! Haystacks slaps both mits around his neck, launches him skyward & PLANTS him to the mat from high above! 

Haystacks snatches him up & whips him to the corner, charges forward & smashes him with the back-Avalanche! Moxley crumbles down in the corner. Haystacks is has a look of vengeance in his eye! He must not be too happy after what Andre did last week on All Star!

Haystacks peels up Moxley whips him to the opposite corner, charges & back-Avalanches him a second time! Moxley is a dead man, as he pours down in the corner like liquid! Officials on the outside are yelling to knock it off! Haystacks stands in mid-ring & lets out a barbaric roar with fists to the heavens! Crowd is in shock!

Haystacks finally climbs over the top to the steps, as officials clear out of the way. He steps down to the floor & slowly heads up the aisle, evilly satisfied at his handiwork. The officials rush back in the ring to re-check on the broken, unconscious Moxley. 

Commercial

[SEEN IN PHILADELPHIA AREA ONLY -- During the commercial break, a 30-second ad bumper featuring a moving-through-space graphic with Mean Gene’s voice hyping the big house show tonight, August 22nd, at the Spectrum. Written graphics of the match-ups show as Gene hypes the card.]

Back from commercial, Freddie Blassie is standing on the plush Penthouse suite interview set with soft jazz playing in the background. Virgil, this time whose arms-cut-out shiny tuxedo-like getup is tinted green, stands stoically behind the sofa again with arms folded.

Blassie: Welcome to another edition of The Penthouse, ‘The Page 6 of Sports’, starring Yours Truly, ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie. (Crowd booing) I am excited to share my plush media abode this week with 2 men, WORTHY to step into it. Two men, already sending tidal waves around the WWF. Everywhere I turn, people are talking about this new, dangerous warrior from the Orient & this mastermind lining laying that path of destruction. Two men like these are men I am happy to hold court with. Welcome my guests at this time, MASA SAITO & HIS MANAGER… MISTER… FUJIIIIII!

[Generic, ominous music with an Asian flavor hits. In walks a smiling Fuji, followed by a very stoic Saito. Fuji does the customary head-bow to Virgil, who responds in kind. Saito stops to the do the same with Virgil as well. Fuji happily shakes hands with Blassie. Saito simply head-bows with Blassie from a distance. Song fades.]

Blassie: Mr. Fuji, I must say that I’m even MORE improved seeing all this up close than I was before! (motions to the sofa) Please, won’t you join me in a leisurely sitdown. Would Mr. Saito like to sit as well?

[Blassie & Fuji sit, while Saito remains standing adjacent to the sofa, opposite Virgil.]

Fuji (laughs): Masa Blassie, Saito prefers to remain… full attention. 

Blassie: Ah, well fair enough!

Fuji: S’ank you for kind words. S’ank you for seeing what all these people… afraid to see. (Chuckles) My Saito is, as American people say, wrecking machine. He stands, eyes, mind always moving even when body is at rest. Sharp mind, inner desire to destroy, make him unstoppable! That’s why, in the ring, you see him destroy 1, then 2, then 3! (Cackles) He come to destroy every favorite WWF wrestler. Every favorite hero. Mr. Fuji is here to make the way for Saito to crush all the way to the top. And he WILL BE… World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion! It will happen in blink... of eye.   

[Crowd booing. Fuji’s cackling & Blassie’s super impressed.]

Blassie: That sounds like you have a master plan, Mr. Fuji. Taking everyone out 1 by 1, until he’s at the very top as the kingpin of the whole thing! That’s a long & winding road, I have to say.

Fuji: Ohhh, Masa Blassie, on contrary. Saito Son wrecking-ball his way to the top in no time. Saito Son cause so much destruction & PAIN, I make demand for whatever we want. And Masa Tunney will have no choice. Saito Son will take great joy, great pleasure, hand-picking heroes of American people to destroy. And then WE decide it’s time to END WWF Champion. It can be Bruno Son! (Crowd roars huge!) Bruno Son, hear Fuji loud & clear! Saito know your every move! Saito can end your dream like instant! Santana Son Tito! (Crowd cheers big) Saito study you like book & he tear you apart. (Cackles, Blassie grinning). Even your enemy, Masa Blassie, Slaughter Son! (Crowd roars big!) No one safe from my machine!

Blassie: It sounds like a destruction sci-fi disaster movie in the best way. I MUST know, Mr. Fuji, a man of your great calculus & strategy might be interested in alliances. Do you have those planned as you embark on this journey of destruction?

Fuji (laughs): Masa Blassie, Fuji sees your brain always working too! (Blassie loves it) But you know, TRUE kohi never tell secret plans until execution. But trust me, anything these slow Americans imagine, Fuji already 10 steps ahead. (Laughs, crowd boos!)

Blassie: I LOVE IT! It’s such an enjoyable visit, this is! Tell us all what you’d like the people here, the millions at home, all the competitors to know about Masa Saito & Mr. Fuji that we have not yet seen!?

Fuji: Think of iceberg. Huge, BIG! Think of iceberg below surface. Sometimes, 10, 15, 20 times bigger. So far, you see upper tip only. And it already leave path of bodies so far. GREATEST pain & destruction to come is still below surface. Everyone should be ready. Everyone should stay tuned. Saito Son will make Hiroshima look like American firecracker. WWF is new drop site. Stay tuned. (Laughs big.)

[Crowd booing. Blassie is all smiles.]

Blassie (giddy): Now THESE are the kind of guests I am happy to invite! THANK YOU Mr. Fuji! (Fuji happily nods) THANK YOU Masa Saito! (Saito looks over & nods once) This has been a first-class edition of The Penthouse! Frankly, an edition too good for you pencil neck geeks watchin’, but ya got it ANYWAY! Tune in again for another edition of The Penthouse, starring ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie! The Page 6 of Sports! The pleasure’s been MINE this time!

[Ominous music plays again, as Blassie & Fuji warmly shake hands before standing. Virgil joins Blassie, as all 4 men raise each other’s arms high to the booing populous. Saito & Virgil bookend this group with stoic expressions, while Fuji & Blassie are gushing for all of it. The boos continue raining down.]

[CUT] to a still shot of the Big John Studd standing tall in the middle of that desert road from a previous promo vignette, with the caption now reading “Studd’s Big Arrival… NEXT!” & the audio of “Pick Up the Pieces” by Average White Band.

Commercial

Back from commercial, Jason Ramirez warms up in the ring. “How Soon Is Now” by The Smiths hits & the crowd’s already standing! The walking mountain, Big John Studd, calmly strides out of the tunnel in full-length red robe with ‘STUDD’ in rhinestones on the massive back of it. He calmly walks the aisle, as the crowd’s in awe! He gets to ringside, slowly up the steps & into the ring over the top rope. He stands in mid-ring, glaring at the much smaller Ramirez in the corner. Studd finally removes the robe.

Match #4: Big John Studd vs. Jason Ramirez

Studd tells Ramirez to hit him, calmly dares him, goads him. Ramirez, unsure at first finally unloads a forearm to the chest. Studd feels nothing & goads him to keep going. Ramirez finally empties his chamber of shots that don’t phase the big man in the slightest. Ramirez lunges in for yet another shot & Studd scoops him in mid-lunge & throws him a mile for a towering bodyslam from what seemed like from the top of a building! Studd immediately hits a running elbowdrop & leans on him for the quick 1-2-3! Just like that, it’s over! “You coulda counted to 20!”, says Gorilla on commentary.

“How Soon Is Now” hits again as Studd stands & allows the ref to raise his arm in victory… or as high as the ref’s arm can go. Studd smugly rests 1 foot on the chest of motionless Ramirez & crosses his arms leisurely. He mouths the words “Move Me” at the hard cam, before finally taking in the awe of the crowd. He finally climbs out of the ring & heads down the steps like nothing happened. What dominance.

Winner: Big John Studd by Pinfall

[CUT] a 60-second highlight recap of the forest expedition Lord Alfred accompanied Lou Albano on last week, where George ‘The Animal’ Steele was found. This time, caption at the bottom of the screen reads “George ‘The Animal’ Steele Returns Next Week!”

[FADE] Back into the arena… 

“Well Dressed Man” by ZZ Top hits & the place erupts! Tommy Rogers & Bobby Fulton walk out of the tunnel into the arena in plain clothes, and not smiling like they normally do. They hi-five the adoring fans on the way to ringside, but they’re all-business it seems. They slide into the ring & walk around, as the crowd is going crazy. Fulton gets the mic from Finkel from outside the ring. Both men are pacing & clearly something heavy’s on their mind, as their song fades.

Fulton: I know we’re not slotted to be out here, but there wudn’t NO WAY we were gonna let this thang slide. Me & Tommy like to always come out here, kiss all the girls & show love to all the fans ever’where. 

[Fans cheering big! Rogers nodding.] 

Fulton (cont’d): But there’s a time & place for ever’thang. And after seein’ our good friend, one of our inspirations, ‘Superstar’ Billy Graham, get taken out like some kinda animal, in his moment of honor & appreciation, got somethin’ stirrin’ in my belly & got my blood to boilin’! I ain’t slept right since it happened & I know Tommy feels the same way. (Rogers nods) Superstar, we’re all prayin’ for you to have a speedy recovery, brother. And if anybody can come back from somethin’ like this, it’s you. Best believe, in YOUR HONOR, we are gon’ make this right!

[Crowd roars huge! Fulton gives Rogers the mic & walks it off a bit.]

Rogers: There ain’t NOBODY who deserved what happened last week. And it seems to me, certain people think they can do somethin’ like this, then go party in the night with their high-class champagne & their low-class attitudes, with no repercussions at all. Well that AIN’T how it works when you bark up THIS tree. And it AIN’T how it works when you do it to a friend & a brother of ours. So, instead of US bein’ the ones up at night with those nightmares racin’ through our minds, we’re fixin’ to make sure YOU’RE the ones with the nightmares when it’s all said & done!

[Crowd roars big! Rogers gives the mic back to Fulton.]

Fulton: That’s why we ain’t waitin’ any longer to throw down the gauntlet! Let it be known, you see us right here & right now. We are OFFICIALLY declaring open season on the Heenan Family! 

[Crowd explodes! Rogers nodding.] 

Fulton (cont’d): Boys, the tuxedos are off, the bowties ain’t nowhere to be found. All you got here is 2 ticked-off southern boys, with enough fire to burn ALL OF YOU to the ground! (Crowd roaring) We don’t care what combination it is, Heenan - whether it’s your prized Bulldogs, whether you wanna mix in your Intercontinental Champ Valentine, or whether you wanna mix in your shiny new cement truck Bundy, we don’t care! We’ll take on any of them - hell, we’ll take on ALL of ‘em! It don’t matter none to us! (Crowd roaring big!) We’re out here right now, daring you cowards to show some guts & come on down here to get the butt-whuppins in front of all these people, that your MAMAS shoulda given ya 20 years ago! We’re waitin’, boys!

[Place coming unglued! Fulton drops the mic & both men are angrily pacing, readying themselves for a fight! But… no one from the Heenan clique has emerged from the tunnel!]

Rogers (pics up mic): Why is that JUST like the Heenan Family to turn tail & be somewhere else when somebody’s callin’ em out! Well that’s OK gentlemen, cuz we came with a Plan B. Since it don’t surprise nobody that you wouldn’t come to us, we’re more than ready to come to you! (Crowd roars) And if it means we gotta turn over every stone IN this buildin’ to run you down, that’s just what we gon’ do! And if you’re conveniently elsewhere, then I guess we’ll just have to flip cities upside down until there ain’t nothin’ left for you to hide under! Heenan Family, welcome to HUNTIN’ SEASON, BOYS! (tosses mic)

[Crowd going nuts & both men quickly get out of the ring, heading up the aisle on a mission as the crowd goes wild for them.]

Commercial

[SEEN IN PHILADELPHIA MARKET ONLY] - Back from commercial, it’s back to the market-specific ‘WWF Event Center’ with Mean Gene standing by with the WWF logo on the wall behind him.

Gene re-hypes the Greater Philadelphia area that TONIGHT’S the big night for WWF action returning to the Spectrum with an 8 PM bell time.

He quickly re-runs down most of this 9-match card, including Bruno defending the WWF Heavyweight Title vs. David Scultz  in the long-awaited main event, Sgt. Slaughter vs. Iron Sheik, Von Erich’s defending the Tag Titles vs. British Bulldogs in a 2/3 Falls Match, Greg Valentine defending the I-C Title vs. Tito Santana, Bob Backlund vs. Hillbilly Jim, the Fantastics vs. Red Scare, etc.

David Schultz comes into frame with a giant smirk on his face. Says tonight’s the night everybody’s been waiting for & he doesn’t know why. Says he can understand it being the night HE’S been waiting for, since he’s winning the WWF World Title from Bruno Sammartino tonight. But he can’t seem to figure out why everybody else is looking so forward to it.

Says Sammartino claims he wants so bad to get his hands on him, but that’s just to look tough for these fans. Says reality is, he knows he’s a beaten man & knows Schultz laid him out once, and can do it again anytime. 

Says the smartest thing Bruno can do is walk the aisle at the Spectrum tonight & just hand the belt over to him, to save himself the embarrassment of getting taken apart again in front of those people in Philadelphia who idolized him for years. 

Says ‘Dr. D’ makes history tonight & gets crowned NEW World Champion, puttin’ the wrestling world on its ear. Says Gene can pick out which hospital he wants to visit Bruno in, cuz parts of him are gonna be spread across multiple ones in the Philly area. Schultz then departs.

Gene ends the segment with his hard sell & WE see the in-space graphic with the event details. The Rocky theme song is the audio backdrop.

[CUT] back into the arena. Barry Horowitz, Steve Lombardi & Paul Atwell warm up in the ring as they’re intro’d. “Born in the USA” by Springsteen hits & the place EXPLODES to its feet!! Sgt. Slaughter, Hillbilly Jim & Cousin Luke enter out of the tunnel to the aisle! Hillbillies are happily waving at the fans & Slaughter is nodding at the fans as they coolly walk the aisle to ringside! They climb into the ring, taking in the wild ovation as they prep for battle.

Match #5: Sgt. Slaughter & Scufflin’ Hillbillies vs. Barry Horowitz & Steve Lombardi & Paul Atwell

Total tag team superiority on display here, with frequent tags, great 2-on-1 and 3-on-1 offense before the count of 5. Slaughter with backdrops & clotheslines, Hillbilly Jim with huge bodyslams & sidewalk slams, Luke with a legdrop, etc. End comes when Lombardi & Horowitz get in to save a pin attempt by Slaughter, which brings in the Hillbillies to clean house! Slaughter hops on the 2nd turnbuckle as Atwell staggers to his feet. Slaughter leaps & LEVELS him with a flying clothesline for the 1-2-3!

“Born in the USA” hits again & the trio celebrates in the ring with the adoring crowd. Slaughter sees someone in the crowd with a US flag & calls for it. An official at ringside gets it from the excited fan & hands it to Hillbilly Jim near the ropes. Slaughter stands in salute to the flag the Hillbillies hold the flag open on all to see, cheering on the “USA” chants from the crowd! The 3 men hug & happily salute the crowd, before finally exiting the ring & heading up the aisle to a hero’s sendoff!

Winners: Sgt. Slaughter & Scufflin' Hillbillies by Pinfall

Commercial

Back from commercial, Gorilla & Blassie are standing at the broadcast podium.

Gorilla: The fireworks never seem to STOP here on The Superstars of Wrestling! The intensity seems to spike on a weekly basis, across the board! And Blass, looks to me like you & your lot are right in the middle of it!

Blassie: Take it to the bank. REGARDLESS of what you just saw with those 3 meatheads in the ring, 1985 will forever be known as the Red Summer, Monsoon! You mark my words!

Gorilla: I have a feeling Slaughter & the Hillbillies might have a word or two to say about that! 

Blassie: Is that so!?

Gorilla: I’m sure they haven’t had time to hit the showers yet. If you like, I’m sure we can have them come have a word with you, personally!

Blassie: Don’t threaten me, Monsoon, you might not like where ya end up!

Gorilla (scoffs): Please… Folks, JOIN US, won’t you, for another explosive edition of The Superstars of Wrestling, right here next week! In 1-on-1 action, we’ll see the Superstars debut of one ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Paul Orndorff! Also in action, the former Tag Team Champions, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, the British Bulldogs! And from the sounds of things here this week, if the Bulldogs are gonna be here here, you can bet the Fantastics may not be too far behind, Blass.

Blassie: Maybe you’re right, but that ALSO means the rest of the Heenan Family may be even closer.

Gorilla: I’m afraid there’s no doubting that one. Also in action next week, the returning George ‘The Animal’ Steele, accompanied by his manager Cpt. Lou Albano! If that isn’t enough, the 8th Wonder of the World, Andre’s gonna gonna join us in 2-on-1 competition! I got a feeling Haystacks will be somewhere, tuned in for that one! And folks, JUST SIGNED, in a special main event next week, we’ll be seeing the guest of The Penthouse this week, Mr. Fuji’s Masa Saito, taking on none other than Polish Power himself, Ivan Putski!

Blassie: Mr. Fuji’s master plan is already unfolding before our eyes! Ivan Putski looks like Saito’s next victim!

Gorilla: HUH! We’ll certainly see about that! 

Blassie: We’ll ALSO be seeing my very special guest next week in The Penthouse, the newly-arrived Big... John... Studd!

Gorilla: Wow! Now THAT’S a bombshell for sure! Folks, we’ll have all that & SO much more, as usual! Thanks again for joining us this week! Until next time, this is The Gorilla along with The Classy One saying SO LONG EVERYBODY!

[FADE TO] still clips of this week’s highlights as “Some Like It Hot” plays at full volume.

[FADE TO BLACK]

TV: All-Star Wrestling - Saturday 8/22

image.jpeg.c33b0eb02466a6ad48b12f51c2618229.jpeg

(Hershey Park, PA @ Hershey Park Arena. Vince McMahon & Jack Reynolds on commentary.)

Masa Saito defeated Barry Tuesday with the Bonsai Throat Claw.

[Victory Circle w/Lord Alfred Hayes: Special guests Bobby Heenan, British Bulldogs, I-C Champ Greg Valentine & newest member King Kong Bundy. Heenan says this is the most supreme group in all of professional wrestling. Says Valentine will be the greatest I-C Champ ever, Bulldogs will regain the Tag Titles before you know it, and Bundy will be the most imposing World Champion in history. Each man echoes Heenan’s sentiments, etc.]

Ivan Putski & Ted Arcidi defeated Scott Thomas & Jerry Kling with the Polish Hammer on Kling.

King Kong Bundy (w/Bobby Heenan) defeated Jim Brunswick with the Avalanche & Splash. Demanded the 5-count.

[Gene Okerlund interviews Jimmy Hart in-ring: Hart says he has upped his offer to Paul Orndorff & knows he’ll be onboard soon. Says Orndorff will be the pillar he builds Jimmy Hart, Inc on. When Gene asks what that is, Hart laughs & tells him to stay tuned, etc.] 

I-C Champion Greg Valentine (w/Bobby Heenan) defeated Luke Sanchez with the Figure-Four Leglock.

Tito Santana defeated Nikolai Volkoff (w/Fred Blassie) by DQ. Excited crowd from start to finish, as Santana used his fire & athleticism, while Nikolai’s power is his biggest weapon. Seesaw fiery battle, with lots of near falls. 

Toward the end, Nikolai has a bear hug locked in & Santana fights unconsciousness to battle out. He digs down deep to unleash a barrage of dropkicks & roundhouses on the big Russian. Santana finally signals for the flying forearm, but Blassie whacks him in the back with the cane when he hits the ropes, causing the DQ. Nikolai capitalizes & stomps Santana down. 

Nikolai goes for the benchpress-backbreaker, but Santana slips out, hits the ropes & LEVELS Nikolai with the flying forearm! Santana rolls out & snatches the cane from a fleeing Blassie, and breaks the cane over his knee. Crowd goes nuts! Tito rolls in as Nikolai rolls out & stumbles to the aisle with Blassie. Both are raring their teeth in anger, as Tito stands tall with the pieces of Blassie’s cane to end the show.

HOUSE SHOW: Saturday 8/22 | Philadelphia, PA @ Spectrum (19,297; SELLOUT)

(Televised on the PRISM Network. Gorilla Monsoon & Lord Alfred Hayes on commentary.)

Masa Saito defeated SD Jones @ 4:55. Jones jumped off the 2nd turnbuckle & Saito caught him with the Bonsai Throat Claw for the 1-2-3.

Paul Orndorff defeated Pedro Morales @ 8:44 with a small package reversal.

Sika & Haku defeated Ivan Putski & Ted Arcidi @ 7:54 with the double crescent kick on Arcidi.

Sgt. Slaughter & Iron Sheik fought to a No Contest @ 5:21. Match never started as Sheik met Slaughter at the edge of the fan favorites aisle to ignite the brawl. Both men fought in & out of the ring. Sheik tried to use Slaughter’s helmet as a weapon in the ring, but it backfired & Slaughter used the helmet to house Sheik up the rulebreakers aisle to the back.

Tag Team Champions the Von Erich’s defeated the British Bulldogs (w/Bobby Heenan) 2 falls to 1 @ 18:20 in a high-energy 2/3 Falls Match. Kerry pins Dynamite with a roll-up to win Fall #1. Later, Kevin has Davey down with the Claw & Dynamite hits Kevin with the Swandive Headbutt from the top, allowing Davey to lay an arm across Kevin for the 1-2-3 for Fall #2. Later, 4-man chaos ensues & Kerry nails Davey with the Discus Punch. Heenan ambushes the ref to break up the pinfall for the DQ in Fall #3. Bulldogs stomp them down, but the Von Erich’s fight them off. 

[Intermission]

Bob Backlund defeated Hillbilly Jim by count-out @ 9:39, when Jim attempted a piledriver outside the ring & Backlund backdropped out of it, sliding back inside to beat the count. After the match, Jim big-boots Backlund, sending him packing.

Tito Santana defeated I-C Champion Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine (w/Bobby Heenan) by DQ @ 13:39. Santana hits Valentine with the flying forearm. Heenan climbs to the top & leaps to break up the pinfall, but Tito moves out of the way & Heenan lands on Valentine for the DQ. Santana knows he was this close to winning the gold.

[Ring Announcer Mel Phillips announces Saturday 9/26 @ 8 PM as next month’s return date. Show will have a double main event. Matches just signed include: King Kong Bundy vs. Ken Patera, Von Erich’s defend the Tag Team Titles vs. 2 Samoan Headhunters, Giant Haystacks vs. Andre the Giant as 1 main event, and Iron Sheik vs. Sgt. Slaughter in a Bootcamp Match as the second main event! More matches to be announced in the coming weeks on local feeds of The Superstars of Wrestling on FOX 29 & All Star Wrestling on WPHL-17.]

The Fantastics defeated Red Scare (w/Freddie Blassie) @ 10:18 when Tommy Rogers hit a sunset flip from the top rope on Boris for the 1-2-3.

David Schultz defeated WWF Heavyweight Bruno Sammartino by DQ @ 14:41. Nuclear main event heat for this knockdown-dragout battle right from the beginning. Toward the end, the ref gets KO’d. Schultz gets the Title belt & uses it as a heavy whip on Bruno. Moments later, Bruno uses the belt this time, wrapping it around Schultz’s neck & flinging him across the ring with it. Bruno clocks him in the face with it & covers for the pin, as the ref awakens & calls for the DQ instead. Schultz weakly celebrates with the belt, like he won it. Bruno, outraged by the DQ, pummels Schultz from pillar to post until he bails, leaving angry Bruno standing tall to close the monster night.  

What a week for the WWF! 

Morales kicks things off with a bang. Really like Pedro's run here.

The Samoans would of scared the heck out of me if I was a kid in the front row. 

LOL, Backlund is completely off his rocker! 

Poor Todd Moxley! Gets chicken winged by Backlund then suffers a brutal beat down from Haystacks. Haystacks looked like a monster! 

Fuji on the Penthouse was priceless. I really want to see Saito go after the title. His build has been solid. 

Big John Studd debuts! He sent a strong message with that dominating performance. The WWF has some serious giants here. 

Fantastics got guts! They're going Heenan hunting. This could lead to an awesome feud with the Bulldogs.

Slaughter and the Hillbillies end the show on a high note. Talk about 3 over guys.

On to All-Star,

I'm intrigued by this Jimmy Hart/Paul Orndorff story. 

Another solid main event as Tito and Nikolai tear the house down. 

To the big card in Philly, 

Orndorff gets instant credibility with that win over Morales.

Slaughter and Sheik give the fans a wild brawl and it looks like that will lead in to the boot camp match next month. YES! 

Von Erichs and Bulldogs give the fans a tag team classic. These matches have been MOTY candidates. 

Tito is so close to winning the IC title. Valentine escapes again. 

Andre vs. Haystacks and a boot camp match! That should sell out the Spectrum next month. 

Bruno vs. Schultz! The match the world has been waiting for! The fans in Philly are so lucky! I first thought Schultz won the title but then saw the DQ LOL. What a match! This can only mean we're going to get more. AWESOME! 

HOUSE SHOW: Sunday 8/23 | Landover, MD @ Capitol Center (12,467)

Pedro Morales defeated Al Snow with the spearing headbutt to the gut.

Tito Santana defeated Tama with the flying forearm.

The Fantastics defeated Barry Horowitz & Steve Lombardi with the Rocket Launcher on Lombardi.

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Haku with a clothesline from the second rope.

[Intermission]

King Kong Bundy (no Heenan) & Ken Patera fought to a double count-out.

Paul Orndorff defeated SD Jones with the piledriver.

Ivan Putski & Ted Arcidi defeated the British Bulldogs (no Heenan) by DQ, when Dynamite used a chair on Putski. 

Andre the Giant defeated Bob Backlund by count-out, when Andre big-booted Backlund outside the ring & beat the 10-count.

Great week in the WWF

As for Superstars...

It brought me back as it was in the County Center.  I live like 3 miles from there and it was the place I saw my one and only wrestling show as Andre beat Slaughter.  

Paul Orndorff seems to be the #1 free agent on the market... Jimmy Hart might be hot pursuit but I bet there are others.  Thought it went a little easy on Morales with the win by small package instead of the big piledriver.

"Lunatic" Bob Backlund is much more entertaining then was champion Backlund in real life.

Speaking of lunatics... How do you stop Haystacks.  Andre better be reafy

Fugi was great in the Penthouse.  Glad the Saito thing got sorted out.

And it seems the Forest Expedition was a success as the Animal will be back next week!

Seeing Tito vs Volkoff on Superstars would have been the best match on TV for the WWF in a decade in real life.

HOUSE SHOW: Friday 8/28 | Toronto, ON @ Maple Leaf Gardens (14,920)

SD Jones defeated a debuting Steve Blackman with the jumping headbutt.

Ivan Putski defeated Iron Sheik (no Blassie) by DQ, when Sheik brought a chair into the ring & charged at Putski, but Putski Polish-Hammered the chair into Sheik.

Ken Patera defeated Nikolai Volkoff (no Blassie) with a schoolboy counter out of Nikolai’s Press Backbreaker attempt.

Tag Team Champions the Von Erich’s defeated the British Bulldogs (w/Bobby Heenan) 2-1 in a 2/3 Falls Match. Kerry pinned Dynamite with a backslide in Fall 1. Kevin misses a springboard cross-body & Davey pins him with an inside cradle in Fall 2. Breakdown to 4-man chaos & all 4 Samoan Headhunters rush to the ring, pouncing on the Von Erich’s for the DQ. Samoans leave the Von Erich’s laying.

[Intermission]

Masa Saito (w/Mr. Fuji) defeated Al Snow with the Bonsai Throat Claw.

Pedro Morales defeated King Kong Bundy (w/Bobby Heenan) by DQ, when Bundy had the boot on Morales’ neck against the bottom rope & refused to break for the 5-count.

Paul Orndorff defeated Salvatore Bellomo with the piledriver.

WWF Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino & Tito Santana defeated Bob Backlund & I-C Champion Greg Valentine when Santana reversed Valentine’s Figure-Four attempt into a small package for the 1-2-3 to send the big crowd home happy.

TV: Superstars of Wrestling - Saturday 8/29

(Gorilla Monsoon & Fred Blassie on commentary.)

[OPEN] to the customary dramatic WWF logo-in-space opener, with colored galactic lasers galvanizing the logo to its dazzling golden hue, as the echoing voice bellows “The World Wrestling Federation. The revolutionary force in sports-entertainment”.

[OPEN] to the opening credit package set to audio of “Some Like It Hot” by Power Station.

[FILTER IN] to the packed midsized arena. Gorilla Monsoon & ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie are on the podium across the way from the ring. Lively crowd!

Gorilla: Strap yourselves in tight for another explosive edition of The Superstars of Wrestling! Hello folks, it’s The Gorilla alongside The Classy One, Freddie! And Blass, from the looks of things on tap, we are comin’ in for 1 heckuva landing this week!

Blassie: The headlines coming out of this next hour are gonna leave the wrestling world with a case of the shakes!

Gorilla: You’re not kiddin’! In action this week, the big main event of Mr. Fuji’s Masa Saito taking on ‘Polish Power’ himself, Ivan Putski! The one, the only, ‘8th Wonder of the World’ Andre the Giant will be in 2-on-1 competition. I won’t say it’s a handicap match, cuz frankly, 2 is not likely to be enough! Also squaring off this week, former Tag Team Champs the British Bulldogs, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith of the Heenan Cartel!

Blassie: Hey, that’s FAMILY, Monsoon!

Gorilla: Yes, that’s what I said! Folks, are ya ready for The Animal!? George ‘The Animal’ Steele is back & he’s gonna be seeing action in the ring, a bit later on! Good luck to Captain Lou, keeping a handle on that one!

Blassie: And in what will SURELY be the highlight of the hour, my guest in The Penthouse will be none other than the human marvel, Big John Studd! I’m gonna get the scoop on his plan of attack, here in the World Wrestling Federation! JUST like I broke the news on Fuji’s master plan for Saito! Studd’s gonna spill all the juice in The Penthouse! YOU WATCH!

Gorilla: HUH! We’ll be watching, that one is for certain! Folks, speakin’ of headlines, let’s get to ringside! I think there’s a headliner comin’ this way!

[FADE] to ringside, where Terence Jay warms up as he’s intro’d. “Hell’s Bells” by AC/DC kicks in & the place EXPLODES HUGE as Mr. Wonderful smugly emerges from the tunnel to the aisle in a red & white robe! ‘Wonderful’ written in dazzling stones across the robe’s back, he keeps his smug grin as he saunters the aisle to ringside. Up the steps & into the ring, as the ovation gets bigger & bigger! He smugly shoos Jay away, so he can disrobe in mid-ring. He stalls & drags out the disrobing, to both tease & annoy everyone involved.

Match #1: ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Paul Orndorff vs. Terence Jay

Orndorff toys with Jay at first, out-mat-wrestling him with ease & then leisurely putting him down to the crowd. Jay gets more & more frustrated by Orndorff’s athletic superiority, and his attitude. 

Suddenly, the crowd erupts in major boos as… here’s Bobby Heenan slowly coming out to the aisle midway! Hands in his pockets, he seems to be casually checking Orndorff out!

In the ring, Orndorff hits a perfect standing suplex, poses to the mixed-reacting crowd, then goes for an elbowdrop… and misses! Jay with a flurry of armdrags & hiptosses! Jay LEVELS him with a perfect dropkick & covers for the 1-Orndorff kicks out at 1!  

Orndorff SLAYS Terence Jay like a man possessed; vicious clotheslines, stomps, knife-edge drops across the sternum, chokes, etc. Jay never knew what hit him! Heenan loves the destructive streak! Orndorff hoists Jay up & drops him for a delayed belly-to-back suplex that snaps Jay in half. Orndorff wipes his hands clean in a gesture & poses on 1 knee for the crowd! Orndorff pulls him up between his legs & PLANTS him with a spine-tingling piledriver! Jay’s legs are trembling involuntarily, as Orndorff leisurely lays across him for the 1-2-3.

“Hell’s Bells” hits again & Orndorff stands up in smug satisfaction, demanding which arm the ref is allowed to raise in victory. He notices Heenan in the aisle, but doesn’t react, as he’s too in-love with himself at the moment. 

Heenan’s all smiles as he about-faces & heads back into the tunnel. Orndorff then poses for each side of the building, sometimes dropping to a knee to the loud, still mixed-reacting crowd. He finally exits the ring & heads for the aisle.

Winner: ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Paul Orndorff via Pinfall

[CUT] to WWF Update with “PYT" by Michael Jackson as the audio. Into the newsroom-like studio with Lord Alfred Hayes.

He leads in with the impassioned “Open Season” declaration of war made on the Heenan Family last week by the Fantastics, in an emotional response to the vicious attack on friend ‘Superstar’ Billy Graham at the hands of new Heenan acquisition, the 450-pound King Kong Bundy & the British Bulldogs. 

He takes us to footage recounting the attack 2 weeks ago & then to the Fantastics’ laying down the gauntlet last week. 

He then hypes where trouble could break out at any time Heenan Family members are appearing in arenas around the country, or right here on The Superstars of Wrestling, etc.

The segment ends with a WWF logo graphic & instrumental of “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince as the audio.

Commercial

Back from commercial, Mean Gene stands by in the locker room area alongside ‘Polish Power’ Ivan Putski & his friend/partner Ted Arcidi. Putski’s beaming with confidence, as Gene asks how he’s preparing for the big match-up against this killing machine from the Orient. 

Putski says killing machines come & go, even if they have sadistic masterminds like what this Mr. Fuji seems to be. Says Saito’s been going through guys like a hot knife through butter so far & he’s dangerous, but he hasn’t faced anyone like him (Putski) yet. 

Says it’s one thing to lay waste to an up-n-comer, but it’s a whole different ball of wax to slice through a Polish Hammer. Says he’s gonna take out some of his recent frustrations, like what happened to his longtime friend The Superstar, out on Saito this week. 

Says Fuji’s master plan won’t matter because he’s (Putski) got something much better in mind for Saito this week. “Stay tuned, everybody! We’re gonna have us a grand ole time!” is how he ends it with posing & Arcidi applauding with a smile. Gene excitedly throws it back to ringside.

[CUT] back into the arena. Armando Estrella & Jeff Streckfus warm up in the ring as they’re intro’d. “Rule Britannia” hits & the place EXPLODES to its feet in monster heat! Bobby Heenan happily leads the Bulldogs out of the tunnel to the aisle, as they walk the aisle with the smuggest of smiles! They get to ringside, climb into the ring & mount opposite 2nd turnbuckles, posing to the thunderously booing crowd, as Heenan happily points them out!

British Bulldogs vs. Armando Estrella & Jeff Streckfus

The Bulldogs are at their razor-sharp best, with frequent tags & their speed/power arsenal on full display; press slams by Davey, snap-Germans by Dynamite, delayed standing suplex by Davey, powerdrive elbowdrops from Dynamite, etc. The end comes when Davey tags in Dynamite, then PLANTS Streckfus with a monster powerslam in mid-ring. Dynamite, the new legal man, climbs to the top & nails a picturesque swandive headbutt for the 1-2-3!

“Rule Britannia” hits again & Heenan rejoins them in the ring to bask in their own excellence. The Bulldogs are all smiles in their taunting of the crowd. They finally exit the ring & head for the aisle, getting a super-villain sendoff from the crowd.

Winners: The British Bulldogs by Pinfall 

[CUT] to a special 30-second hype ad for WWF merchandise to order by phone.

Commercial

[SEEN IN NEW YORK CITY MARKET ONLY] -- Back from commercial, it’s the market-specific ‘WWF Event Center’ with Mean Gene standing by with the WWF logo on the wall behind him.

Gene hypes NYC about the fact that we are down to just 2 WEEKS AWAY from WWF action returning to the Big Apple at the World’s Most Famous Arena, the mecca of sports & entertainment, the great Madison Square Garden, Saturday night September 12th with an 8 PM bell time. Get the few remaining tickets fast at the box office or Ticketmaster outlets all over in the NY metro & northern New Jersey areas!

He quickly runs down most of this 9-match card, including Andre the Giant vs. Giant Haystacks in the big main event, Sgt. Slaughter & Scufflin’ Hillbillies vs. Iron Sheik & Red Scare in a 6-Man Grudge Match, Bob Backlund vs. Ivan Putski, I-C Champ Greg Valentine defending vs. heated rival Ken Patera, newly-signed match of the British Bulldogs vs. the Fantastics, and a $50K 20-Man Battle Royal, etc.

Ken Patera happily comes into frame & informs Gene that we’re just 2 weeks away from the universe setting itself right again. Says he finally gets his hands on that blasted Valentine, who’s been skating around here as I-C Champ, telling the world he’s gonna be the greatest ever - when everyone knows he’s lucky to even be Champion. 

Says even if his leg were hanging off, he’s got enough to beat Valentine for the Title, on disdain alone. But since his knee is almost back to full health, Valentine is fixin’ to have the worst night of his life in the Big Apple & the Heenan Family ain’t gonna be so celebratory once he’s (Patera) given Valentine the beating & the defeat he’s had coming for way too long. 

“New York, FINALLY we’re comin’ back to the scene of the crime to make things right once & for all!” is how he ends it, as Gene excitedly ends the segment with his hard sell of the event details.

WE see the in-space graphic with the event details with “Big Apple Dreamin’" by Alice Cooper as the audio backdrop.

[CUT] back into the arena, as Pete Townsend & Ben Crass warm up in the ring. Crowd comes to its feet in unison & blows the roof off as Andre happily trots out of the tunnel! He shakes adoring hands as he wades through the fanfare on the way to the ring. He climbs onto the apron & over the top rope into the ring. He waves to the raucous crowd on all sides.

Match #3: Andre the Giant vs. Pete Townsend & Ben Crass

Townsend & Crass gang up on Andre with wild punches & forearms to the sternum, etc. Andre is unphased by it & smiles through it! He grabs them by their heads & bashes them together! He hurls both men all over the place like crash dummies. He whips both of them into the same corner & leans his back against them, squashing them! He tosses Crass over the top with ease, whips Townsend to the ropes & big-boots his head off! He drops the sitdown splash onto Townsend for the 1-2-3! Place erupts!

Andre gets up, having made easy work of 2 men, still all smiles to the adoring crowd! He remains waving at the crowd & gesturing another fictitious giant, and gesturing knocking that fictitious giant down. Crowd loves it! He finally climbs out of the ring, down the steps & up the aisle to a hero’s sendoff!

Winner: Andre the Giant by Pinfall

[CUT] to a swamp in a nondescript jungle. The ripples of the top of a crocodile can be seen floating along, just below the surface of the swamp. Nearby lions lay around, enjoying the waterside shade. Afa, using a long wooden staff as he walks through the jungle, arrives at the edge, near the water. He looks upward…

Suddenly, Tama soars from the top of a tree & Sika leaps off the top of another… both men swandive into the swamp. The ripples of the floating croc suddenly buck & disappear below the surface. Afa laughs savagely. 

Suddenly, Sika & Tama emerge from the water, each holding that now-wrapped-up croc by either end. Tama & Sika, both their faces covered in black tribal war paint, let out animal-like roars at their successful conquest. They then toss the bound predator back into the water & approach land, where Afa proudly awaits.

Elsewhere in the jungle, Haku stands readily at the center of a circle of some fit, native warriors. An elder sits nearby, beating a drum. Haku lets out a tribal yell & 1 warrior runs into the circle for battle. Haku lays him to waste. Another jumps in to get him some & Haku smites him. The drumbeats quicken every time a new warrior enters the circle for battle. A third tries his hand & gets decapitated by a crescent kick to the face. 

Afa arrives with Tama & Sika, and stamps his long staff into the ground, which prompts a cease to the drums & all the remaining able-bodied native fighters to stand at attention. Haku joins his cohorts as Afa steps forward, speaking in tribal dialect. The fighting natives hang on every word. WE manage to make out “Von Erich’s” in his monologue & the natives are getting riled up by his address. 

Afa exclaims “FALA TU!” & raises his staff to the heavens. The natives yell “FALA TU!” in kind. The natives begin a full battle cry in their dialect with fists pumping in the air as Afa, Sika, Tama, and Haku are all energized by it. 

The natives break into their synchronized tribal dance, as the 4 main Samoans in front of them turn to face the camera in ready, warrior-like poses. The epitome of foreboding. Screen fades to black.

Commercial

Back from commercial, Fred Blassie is standing on the plush Penthouse suite interview set with soft jazz playing in the background. Security detail Virgil, whose shiny, arms cut-out tuxedo-like getup is tinted black this week, stands stoically behind the sofa as per usual.

Blassie: Welcome once again to The Penthouse, the “Page 6 of Sports”, starring Yours Truly, ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie. (Crowd booing.) My guest this week is, as they say, larger than life. Not just figuratively speaking, but physically. He stands at 6-feet, 10 inches! 365 pounds! The strength to move mountains! And so formidable, mountains CANNOT move HIM! And to the chagrin of promoters worldwide, he now has officially joined the ranks… of the World Wrestling Federation! His debut last week was of nightmares, cutting down another human being, a highly-trained professional athlete - completely taken apart in under a minute! That individual, to my understanding, has now RETIRED from professional wrestling after that complete dismantling! THAT’S what you call breaking a man in every way! If that’s any indication of things yet to come, I can only imagine what that means for the rest of the WWF! Please welcome into the Penthouse, THE ONE… THE ONLY!... BIG… JOHN… STUDD!!

“How Soon Is Now” by The Smiths hits & the crowd is roaring mixed. Studd slowly arrives onto the set in a shirt, jeans & cowboy boots. Truly massive specimen! He calmly shakes Virgil’s hand, who gestures happily to come further in to meet Blassie. Studd shakes Blassie’s hand & the song fades.

Blassie: Mr. Studd! TRULY a pleasure! (gestures to the sofa) Please, won’t you join me? (Studd accepts & they have a seat) I make every amenity available to you. Just say the word & it’s yours!

Studd: Mr. Blassie, it’s truly appreciated. Great to join a man like yourself in an environment like this. A man with such class, grace & culture.

Blassie: Coming from you, it’s a compliment that’ll stay with me for quite some time. I have to say, I have been the most anxious for your arrival. I’ve traveled the world. Seen the best. Seen the biggest. Seen the baddest. Been among the very greatest & wrestled the very greatest. And through it all, I can’t remember a time I looked more forward to seeing a spectacle like what I saw last week. Tell me, how has your arrival to the World Wrestling Federation been for you so far?

Studd: Fred, I have to say it’s already a career highlight. Not what I did to that nameless, faceless opponent last week, but arriving to the WWF. This is the place where a man comes to change the wrestling world. THIS is where a man comes to leave a mark that can never be erased. This is where the action TRULY is. So it was inevitable that, sooner or later, Big John Studd would grace the World Wrestling Federation. This is the place where I turn the sports world on its ear… for good.

Blassie: If your debut was any indication, I can only imagine what comes next. The WWF is packed full of top competitors. World-renowned combatants known to the edges of the earth! Who do you have your sights on? What’s your strategy!?

Studd (cackles): Freddie, you know as well as I do, a true chessman never reveals his ENTIRE strategy. But I WILL say, there are so-called giants walking these halls, doing battle in these rings. When I am done, someday, somewhere, there will be but ONE Giant left standing in the WWF! 

[Crowd boos big-time! Blassie loves what he hears & Virgil’s nodding, still with his stoic expression as he looks straight ahead.]

Studd (cont’d): There are some great athletes, some beloved blue chip talents. Some that all these kids, and sadly some of the adults, go home dreaming of someday being. When I am done, THOSE stars they worship will be so broken-down, so beaten into oblivion, that those stars dream of being ME! How’s that for irony!? But they won’t be me - because they CAN’T be me. They don’t have the genetics, don’t have the power, don’t have the intel. I will methodically bring this place to its knees, Freddie. And the so-called champions running around here will be offering their belts to me as tokens of goodwill. Singles AND teams!

[Crowd buzzing at the audacity of this! Blassie is smiling from ear to ear.]

Blassie: All of this is quite the TEASE of a plan of attack, but there’s so much I wanna know about the how’s, the where’s, the when’s! I can only imagine what those at the top of this roster must’ve been thinking, the moment the news hit that Big John Studd was coming to the WWF.

Studd: Freddie, I’ll tell ya what they were all thinking. They began trembling in their boots. And now that I’ve arrived, they’re downright quaking. (Blassie’s laughing in agreement) Because they know no one is safe. If they’ve been jostling for positioning, fighting to survive in this sport before, just imagine what fighting to survive looks like for them, NOW! Big John Studd is here & that means many of your so-called top superstars’ days are officially numbered.

Blassie: I can sense you’ve sized up all the competition. Can anyone match your might, your athleticism for a man of your immense stature? Is there someone, right off the bat, that you have circled as an early target? Someone you wanna throw down the ole gauntlet & make that headline, here & now?

Studd (laughs): Freddie, you’re talking to a man who can move tour buses. A man who can drag multiple cars down a city block, that are trying to speed in reverse! A man who cannot be bodyslammed, even by the strongest, the roughest, or the toughest! I am the mountain that moves at will. And, I am also a mountain that cannot BE moved. That’s a losing equation for everyone else, Freddie. And to answer your question - YES! I know just who the first target is. And at just the right moment, so will you & the rest of the world. I can’t promise that HE will know, however. Because THAT individual won’t know what hit him. And he’ll be on the shelf for good, just like that greasebag last week.  

[Crowd booing. Studd & Blassie laughing. Virgil nodding & rubbing his hands together.]

Studd (cont’d): And Freddie, one day pretty soon, I’ll happily be inviting YOU to my vast estate in the Hollywood Hills, to celebrate my being the WWF Heavyweight Champion, the WWF Intercontinental Champion, AND the WWF... Tag Team Champions.

[Crowd booing. Blassie is tickled pink.]

Blassie: LADIES & GENTLEMEN! YOUR FUTURE CHAMPION! BIG! JOHN! STUDD! (Crowd booing!)

[Blassie makes a bone-breaking gesture. “How Soon is Now” hits & the place continues booing, as Studd & Blassie stand up, gladhanding. Blassie happily shows him off to the crowd & Studd folds his arms in his mountain man pose.]

Blassie (cont’d): This has been another first-class edition of The Penthouse! The Page 6 of Sports! The pleasure’s been ALL YOURS, YA MEATHEADS!

[Blassie gladhands with Studd more & the 3 of them happily walk off the set to a chorus of boos.]

[CUT] to a still photo of George Steele in the jungle, taken from the recent vignette. The caption reads “Are you ready!? The Animal returns!”

Commercial

[SEEN IN PITTSBURGH AREA ONLY -- During the commercial break, a 30-second ad bumper featuring a moving-through-space graphic with Mean Gene’s voice hyping the countdown to ONE WEEK AWAY from the WWF’s huge return to Pittsburgh, next Friday night September 4th, at the Civic Arena. Written graphics of the match-ups show as Gene hypes the card.]

Back from commercial, a young Al Snow warms up in the ring as he’s intro’d. He reacts to the boos. Suddenly, the place goes wild as Cpt. Lou Albano proudly marches out to the aisle, hi-fiving loving fans! He turns around, surprised no one’s following him, and makes a “come on out” gesture. Suddenly, George fast-walks out of the tunnel, head-cocked to the side, as Albano happily leads the way! Place going nuts! 

Once at ringside, George fast-walks around ringside, head still cocked to the side, as adoring fans get to touch him on the way by! Albano watches in amusement & tries to wrangle George in. George rolls in & crawls to the ref, sniffing up his leg. Ref doesn’t know what to do. George gets up, pulls his shirt off & anxiously paces from 1 corner to another, yelling “YEAH” as he waves to young adoring fans.

Match #4: George Steele vs. Al Snow

Snow forearms George from behind & George turns around, confused & annoyed. He throws his arms over his head in a weird war stance, almost like a contorted ballet dancer, his hands opening & closing like hungry sharks, and he chases Snow out of the ring! Crowd loves it! 

Snow gets into an argument with a nearby fan, George reaches thru the ropes & yanks Snow back into the ring by the hair, whipping him chest-first to the corner at 50 mph! He mauls Snow, planting his face into the mat repeatedly & biting his shoulder - which jolts Snow’s body like he’s being electrocuted! George plants him with a straight-down powerslam. Albano loves it!

George gets up, wags his green tongue, and savages the top turnbuckle with his hands & mouth, ripping the covering away & emptying the cotton padding/stuffing. The stuffing falls everywhere, as he picks up a handful. What a mess! Snow staggers up, dazed, as George sneaks up from behind like he’s concealing a gun. He shoves the stuffing into Snow’s face, smothering him with it! He then hooks the reverse armbar & hoists him high above in the hold for the submission! Snow flops to the canvas, a broken mess!

Albano rejoins George in the ring, as George runs around in a happy circle, proud of himself. He then rests his head on Cpt. Lou’s chest, as Lou rubs his head in affirmation. Lou raises his arm in victory to the delighted crowd, and George suddenly, shyly rolls out of the ring, fast-walking to the aisle as Lou joins. They head up the aisle to a big sendoff.

Winner: George ‘The Animal’ Steele by Submission

[CUT] to the arena hallway, where Mean Gene stands by with a beaming Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan. Gene asks how high is the Heenan Family riding lately. Heenan tells him to look around - he has the reigning I-C Champion, the best tag team in the world, and the most physically imposing monster in professional wrestling. “With a resume like that, you tell ME how high things are riding in the Heenan Family - the family of champions!”, he says. Tells Gene to hurry it up because he & the Bulldogs are about to take the limo to the airport.

Gene asks what are we to make of Heenan out there earlier, as Mr. Wonderful was in the ring. Heenan tells him to mind his business. Says Paul Orndorff is all the craze in the WWF since his arrival & if Heenan wants to get a closer look, he will. Says, if there’s anything to report, Gene will find out soon enough - like 2 weeks ago when they unveiled the Bundy acquisition to the world. Heenan cackles.

Suddenly a frantic event staffer runs up & alerts Heenan to something. Heenan suddenly becomes alarmed & darts down the hallway with the staffer. Gene, stunned & curious, tells the cameraman to follow this! WE charge down the hall in pursuit. Heenan & the staffer speed around the corner, as WE stay in pursuit.

When WE arrive around that corner, WE see Heenan in a nearby dressing room, yelling in horror & confusion. WE come inside, seeing the locker room is in tatters - chairs bent on the floor, trash cans mutilated, tables broken, and… Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith in street clothes, lying in broken heaps across the floor! Both of them look like they’ve been thrown into meat grinders; busted up, clothes torn, semi-conscious, coughing, writhing in pain! A far cry from the dominance in the ring, earlier in the hour!

Heenan is hysterical, taking turns kneeling over each man. Neither can muster the words to tell him what happened - they’re too pulverized to speak! Heenan’s yelling at the cameraman, or someone, to run for help. “HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN!! WHO COULD’VE DONE THIS!! SOMEBODY CALL 9-1-1!! GO, NOW!!” 

Other officials run in, shocked by the destruction of the room. Many rush to the fallen Bulldogs, while others clear some of the debris. Bulldogs look finished!

Heenan stands, almost pulling his own hair out in frustration. What, and WHO, could have happened here!?

Commercial

[SEEN IN NEW YORK CITY MARKET ONLY] -- Back from commercial, it’s the market-specific ‘WWF Event Center’ again with Mean Gene standing by with the WWF logo on the wall behind him.

Gene re-hypes NYC about the fact that we are down to just 2 WEEKS AWAY from WWF action returning to the Big Apple at Madison Square Garden, Saturday night September 12th with an 8 PM bell time. Says tickets are running out fast in what’s sure to be another major sellout! Says to get the few remaining tickets fast!

He quickly runs down most of this 9-match card again, including Andre the Giant vs. Giant Haystacks in the monster main event, Sgt. Slaughter & Scufflin’ Hillbillies vs. Iron Sheik & Red Scare in a 6-Man Grudge Match, Bob Backlund vs. Ivan Putski, I-C Champ Greg Valentine defending vs. heated rival Ken Patera, newly-signed match of the British Bulldogs vs. the Fantastics, and a $50K 20-Man Battle Royal, etc.

Bob Backlund marches into frame, wearing a 3-piece suit. He very calmly tells Gene that NYC may be the summit of sports & entertainment, but is also the epicenter of sin & depravity in the world society. 

Says 3 weeks ago, he was “encumbered” from reclaiming his WWF Heavyweight Championship in NYC, but in 2 weeks, he will “liberate” his frustrations on an empty man with not a moral fiber in his body, Ivan Putski. 

Says Putski is a favorite of the plebeians because he panders to their lauds & cheers, but is actually a man with no soul & no moral compass. Says he will correct Putski’s failing brain, make an example of him to the plebeians who are astray, and maybe he’ll also spontaneously hold court to emphatically teach another of the plebeian craven idols; the man who needs great moral recompense - that KERRITH VON ERICH. 

Says 2 weeks from now will be the reckoning for the morally bankrupt & “YOUR leader will be judge & executioner!”, etc.

Gene ends the segment with his hard sell, as Backlund continues preaching off-mic in the background. 

WE see the in-space graphic with the event details. “New York State of Mind” by Billy Joel is the audio backdrop.

[CUT] back into the arena…

Mr. Fuji leads the imposing Masa Saito out of the tunnel to the aisle, to a big chorus of boos! They arrive to ringside, up the steps & into the ring. A mix of boos & awe from the crowd, as Saito has a certain aura of danger around him! Upbeat Polish folk music hits & the place erupts crazily, as Putski parades out of the tunnel to the aisle, happy to hi-five the fans as he makes his way toward the ring with Arcidi behind him for moral support. They get to ringside, hop into the ring & wave to the raucous crowd! Saito watches with his eyes, completely unmoved.

Match #5: Ivan Putski (w/Ted Arcidi) vs. Masa Saito (w/Mr. Fuji)

Highly dramatic showdown of the tanks! Saito breaks out the violence early with roundhouse uppercuts, double knife-edge chops, headbutts, etc. Putski defiantly battles through it & returns the favor with a barrage of roundhouse rights, elbows to the cranium & forearms to the sternum… but NOTHING seems to quite drop Saito! Putski charges & finally clotheslines him over the top to the floor! 

Saito pops to his feet & slithers back in like nothing happened! Putski is shocked when he turns around! Saito unloads on Putski with high-impact offense; sidewalk slam, swinging neckbreaker, shoulder-blocks to the ribs in the corner, reverse bear hug, etc. Putski guts it out & mounts a comeback, fighting out of the bearhug with huge roundhouses to break the hold. He bounces to the ropes, but Fuji hooks the angle with the cane - ref didn’t see it, but Arcidi did from across the ring! Arcidi chases Fuji around ringside & halfway up the aisle! Arcidi returns to the ringside, with his back to the aisle.

In the ring, Putski hits the ropes & LEVELS Saito with a flying tackle for the 1-2-Saito kicks out with authority! Putski’s stunned! 

At ringside, Fuji sneaks back down the aisle & the crowd’s anxious! He sneaks up behind Arcidi at the edge of the aisle & cracks him in the back with the cane! Arcidi doubles over in pain, then fills with rage & turns around to rare his teeth at a horrified Fuji! Fuji rares back again & Arcidi snatches the cane from him!

In the ring, Putski signals for the Polish Hammer to the roaring crowd! Saito gets up to his feet, only a bit wobbly. What a machine! Putski whips Saito to the ropes & swings for the Polish Hammer finisher... but Saito ducks & slaps on the Bonsai Throat Claw! Putski’s in shock & agony, as he falls back against the bottom rope! Saito won’t let go! Ref is threatening to DQ!

Arcidi rolls into the ring with the cane, angry that Saito won’t break the hold against the bottom rope. He rares up with both hands & SNAPS the cane in half over Saito’s back! Ref calls for the DQ! Saito is only slightly dazed! Arcidi clocks him in the jaw with a cane half & Saito tumbles backward thru the ropes to the floor! 

Saito immediately tries to climb back in, but Fuji rushes over to try to restrain him! Fuji persuades him to retreat, as Arcidi’s ready for more! Fuji jaws at Arcidi as they leave & Saito is silent, now almost unphased by the battle. Arcidi kneels next to Putski, who’s still shaken up badly against the bottom rope. 

Saito & Fuji slowly head up the aisle to a chorus of boos. Fuji’s all smiles now. Arcidi’s still kneeling next to Putski, who’s trying to shake off the effects of that claw.

Winner: Masa Saito by DQ

Commercial

[SEEN IN PITTSBURGH AREA ONLY -- During the commercial break, a 30-second ad bumper featuring a moving-through-space graphic with Mean Gene’s voice hyping ONE WEEK AWAY from the WWF’s return to Pittsburgh next Friday night September 4th, at the Civic Arena. Written graphics of the match-ups show as Gene hypes the card.]

Back from commercial, Gorilla & Blassie are standing at the broadcast platform.

Gorilla: The dust isn’t about to settle any time soon here, folks! What a spine-chilling hour THIS has been, Blass!

Blassie (shaking head): Can we get an update on the Bulldogs!? We need to know what happened!

Gorilla: We certainly are on pins & needles to find out as much as we can, as soon as we can! I suspect we’ll know more next week! Sure seems like SOMEBODY had a vested interest in making that happen! 

Blassie: Didn’t seem random to me!

Gorilla: Absolutely NOT! Can’t say that my heart is bleeding for ‘The Brain’, however. (Blassie cuts a look at him) But SPEAKING of next week, folks, what a lineup’s lineup we’ve got on tap! Hot off the presses, HUGE main event in store, folks! One-half of the WWF Tag Team Champions, Kevin Von Erich will be squaring off… get this… with SIKA of the Samoan Headhunters! WOW!

Blassie: That’s gonna be a sight to behold!

Gorilla: You’re not kiddin’! Also next week, in singles competition, we’ll see ‘Dr. D’ David Schultz! Not to mention the Intercontinental Champion, Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine! The mexican sensation Tito Santana will also see action, as well as YOUR man, Blass… The Iron Sheik! 

Blassie (nodding proudly): The #1 man in EVERY land, Monsoon!

Gorilla: Is that rig--

Blassie: You BET it is! And next week, my guest in The Penthouse will be none other than the soon-to-be FORMER 8th Wonder of the World, Andre the Giant!

Gorilla: Bombshell City, folks! Although, I wouldn’t let a name like that get back to Andre, unless retirement is in your immediate plans. But heck, I’ll let you take your chances!

Blassie: Not a worry in the world, Monsoon! No need to fret - I’ve got the Sheik, I’ve got The Red Scare, and I’ve got VIRGIL! 

Gorilla: HUH! (patronizes) That, you do! That you do, Blass… Also folks, in a special SITDOWN interview, YOURS TRULY will sit across from none other than the 450-pound King Kong Bundy! (Blassie mouths “WOW”) And you can best believe I’ve got quite a BIT to unpack with Mr. Bundy, that’s for sure. 

Blassie: After what just happened to the Bulldogs, you better watch your mouth with Bundy, or else we’ll be peeling you off the wall, Monsoon! You’ll be a pancake right next to Graham, somewhere!

Gorilla: I’ll keep it in mind. Folks, JOIN us, won’t you, for another explosive edition of The Superstars of Wrestling right here next week! Until then, for the Classy One, this is The Gorilla saying SO LONG, EVERYBODY!

[FADE TO] still clips of this week’s highlights as “Some Like It Hot” plays at full volume.

[FADE TO BLACK]

TV: All-Star Wrestling - Saturday 8/29

(Vince McMahon & Jack Reynolds on commentary.)

Bob Backlund defeated SD Jones with the Crossface Chicken Wing. After the match, Backlund snatches the mic & lectures the injured Jones, addressing him as ‘Kerrith’. Backlund gets so animated, he snaps & rehooks the Chicken Wing on Jones, until officials have to rush to the ring to break this up.

[Victory Circle w/Lord Alfred Hayes: Guest is Ken Patera. Says he’s seeing a lot of craziness going on in the WWF lately from top to bottom. Says he can’t let it distract him. Greg Valentine is his sole focus & beating him is what makes him tick. Says, whether it matters or not, his knee is almost 100%. Says, if he can fight Valentine tooth & nail with a bum knee, just imagine what’s coming for Valentine now. Says he’ll have his I-C Title back, and the satisfaction of seeing the Heenan Family have to drag him away, a beaten, bloody mess, etc.] 

Pedro Morales defeated Billy Patton with the spearing headbutt to the gut.

Salvatore Bellomo defeated Paul Tarkington with a sunset flip.

Sika & Tama (w/Afa) defeated Tyrone Johnson & Angelo Reese with a top rope splash by Tama on Reese.

[Iron Sheik vs. Pedro Morales is announced as next week’s main event. The Fantastics are announced as Lord Alfred’s guests on Victory Circle.]

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Steve Blackman with the Cobra Clutch. After the match, he gets on the mic & vows to teach The Iron Sheik that his time has come to either love America or LEAVE America. Says he’ll break the Sheik into a million pieces, once & for all. He then leads the capacity crowd in standing & reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, then waving the US flag for the emotional crowd in celebration, as "Born in the USA" plays with tons of mini US flags waving in the crowd to end the show.

HOUSE SHOW: Saturday 8/29 | Long Island, NY @ Nassau Coliseum (16,971)

Salvatore Bellomo defeated a debuting Barry O with a crucifix.

Masa Saito (w/Mr. Fuji) defeated SD Jones with the Bonsai Throat Claw.

David Schultz defeated Ted Arcidi with a jackknife pin in the corner with both feet on the ropes for leverage.

Andre the Giant defeated I-C Champ Greg Valentine (w/Bobby Heenan) by count-out, when Andre big-boots Valentine over the top & Valentine has seen enough, retreating to the back.

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Nikolai Volkoff (no Blassie) with a schoolboy. Iron Sheik & Boris Zhukov run down afterward and lay waste to Slaughter.

[Intermission]

Big John Studd defeated Dusty Wolfe with a bodyslam & elbowdrop.

Afa & Sika defeated Tito Santana & Pedro Morales with the double crescent kick on Morales.

Ivan Putski defeated Steve Lombardi with the Polish Hammer.

WWF Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino defeated The Iron Sheik (no Blassie) by DQ, when Bruno hits the belly-to-belly on Sheik & David Schultz runs down to save the pinfall. A 2-on-1 beatdown ensues, but Sgt. Slaughter runs down  & helps Bruno fight off their foes. Bruno & Slaughter stand tall to end the night.

Thanks to your descriptive writing, I can totally visualize every little thing. The wrestler's demeanor, the atmosphere of the arena, the fan's reactions. You have really captured the WWF feel of the 80s. 

I'm really getting into the Orndorff story. He's being built up as a huge deal especially with the managers scouting him out. Loved his match and how he took it up a notch after his opponent gave him a bit of a scare. 

Like the update segments, great way to keep things fresh in our minds.

Bulldogs look flawless. 

Huge card coming up at the Garden with a gigantic main event.

Speaking of gigantic, Andre looks more than ready for Haystacks. It was always special seeing Andre wrestle on TV. 

After watching that segment, the Samoans and Islanders look even more threatening. Wow, I hope the Von Erich's are ready.

Blassie was having a good time this week as Big John Studd appears in the Penthouse. Studd is ready to take the WWF by storm and puts all the champs on notice. I wonder who his first target is going to be? I cracked up when Blassie called the fans meatheads LOL. 

Wild and crazy debut for the Animal! He'll be a lot of fun to watch. With all the giant heels running around, it's good to see a wild babyface beast that can contend with them. 

OH MAN! The Bulldogs get a big time beating! Did the Fantastics get to them??? I'm sure we're going to find out soon enough. 

Putski and Saito give us an exciting TV main event. Lot's of action as Fuji and Arcidi even get involved. This match didn't hurt Putski but also made Saito look like a beast. Love the ending with Arcidi using the cane but only mildly fazing Saito. 

To All-Star,

LOL, Backlund is so great! I liked how he got himself all worked up LOL. 

Patera seems ready for Valentine but he better be careful because the Hammer is going to be focusing on that knee. 

Slaughter ends the show on a high note. 

On to Nassau,

I noticed Salvatore Bellomo picking up some wins. Always thought the ring announcers had a fun time announcing that name LOL. 

No matter what, Valentine always manages to escape with his title. 

Slaughter gets the win over Volkoff but pays dearly with a beatdown by Sheik and Boris. I can't wait for that Bootcamp match! 

That big win over Tito and Pedro, really solidifies the Samoans as serious threats. 

Great heat in the main event. Bruno vs. The Sheik would of been a big draw at this time. Schultz and Slaughter get involved to further the feuds. 

HOUSE SHOW: Sunday 8/30 | Salisbury, MD @ Civic Center (5,201)

SD Jones defeated Steve Blackman with the jumping headbutt.

Tito Santana & Pedro Morales defeated I-C Champion Greg Valentine (no Heenan) & David Schultz, when Ken Patera came down to distract Valentine into a Santana flying forearm for the 1-2-3.  

Masa Saito defeated Dan Severn with the gut-wrench powerslam.

King Kong Bundy defeated Ken Patera by count-out, when Greg Valentine attacked Patera at ringside & they fought to the back.

Fantastics defeated Steve Lombardi & Barry Horowitz with a Rocket Launcher on Lombardi.

Paul Orndorff defeated Dusty Wolfe with a piledriver.

Scufflin’ Hillbillies fought Red Scare (no Blassie) to a 15-minute time limit draw.

Ivan Putski defeated Iron Sheik (no Blassie) by DQ. Ref gets KO’d. Sheik beat Putski down with a chair as the ref wakes up. Sheik charges Putski with the chair, but Putski ducks & Polish-Hammers Sheik instead. Sheik eventually rolls out & staggers to the back as Putski stands tall to end the night.

Awesome week of WWF

Free agent Orndorff is a fun watch as the managers all take their turns scouting.

Andre vs Haystacks...can't wait for this big match somewhere down the road.

The Samoans segment was perfect typical WWF

Big John looks like a monster here.  The heels might be taking over which would be a fun change from real life WWF.

And the chaos increases... here comes the Animal.

Backlund is must see TV every week

Looking forward to the MSG event

HOUSE SHOW: Tuesday 9/1 | Los Angeles, CA @ Sports Arena (13,281)

Pedro Morales defeated Barry O with the spearing headbutt to the gut.

The Fantastics defeated Barry Horowitz & Steve Lombardi with the Rocket Launcher on Horowitz. 

Paul Orndorff defeated Dusty Wolfe with a piledriver. Jimmy Hart & Bobby Heenan came separately to ringside to scout during Orndorff’s match. Each shook his hand after the match.

Tito Santana fought David Schultz to a 15-minute time limit draw.

Andre the Giant defeated Boris Zhukov (no Blassie) with the big boot & sitdown splash. Giant Haystacks comes down afterwards & circles ringside. Andre taunts him to come fight, but Haystacks finally leaves.

[Intermission]

Big John Studd defeated SD Jones with a bodyslam & elbowdrop.

Ken Patera defeated I-C Champion Greg Valentine (w/Bobby Heenan) by DQ. Heenan tries to interfere, but Patera gets him in the Full Nelson. Valentine gets the I-C belt & clocks Patera to save Heenan. Patera recovers & chases them to the back.

Nikolai Volkoff (no Blassie) defeated Ivan Putski by count-out. Volkoff reverses an Irish whip to the railing at ringside & beats the 10-count.

WWF Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino defeated Bob Backlund by DQ. Ref gets KO’d & Backlund gets Bruno down in the Chicken Wing. David Schultz runs down & piles on. Tito Santana storms the ring & makes the save. Bruno & Santana fight them off, standing tall to close out the night.

HOUSE SHOW: Wednesday 9/2 | San Diego, CA @ Sports Arena (10,385)

Paul Orndorff defeated Pedro Morales by count-out. Orndorff hit the piledriver & Morales rolled around violently on the mat until he spilled out to the floor for the 10-count.

The Scufflin' Hillbillies & Red Scare (no Blassie) fought to a 15-minute time limit draw.

Masa Saito (w/Mr. Fuji) defeated SD Jones with the gut-wrench powerslam.

Tag Team Champions the Von Erich's defeated Greg Valentine (w/Bobby Heenan) & King Kong Bundy by DQ. Before the match, Heenan stated the Bulldogs are out due to a cowardly mystery locker room attack recently, announced Valentine & Bundy as substitutes. All 4 Samoan Headhunters interfered toward the end of the match & laid out the Von Erich's. 

[Intermission]

Giant Haystacks defeated Salvatore Bellomo with the back-Avalanche.

Tito Santana defeated Barry Horowitz with the flying forearm in 20 seconds.

Big John Studd defeated Dusty Wolfe with a bodyslam & elbowdrop.

WWF Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino & Sgt. Slaughter fought Bob Backlund & Iron Sheik (no Blassie) to a double count-out. 4-man breakdown led to both teams brawling around ringside until the ref counted to 10. Afterwards, Bruno & Slaughter challenged them to come get some more in the ring, but the rulebreakers thought better of it & left.

HOUSE SHOW: Friday 9/4 | Pittsburgh, PA @ Civic Arena (18,169; Sellout)

Salvatore Bellomo defeated Steve Lombardi with a sunset flip.

David Schultz defeated Cousin Luke with a rollup & handful of overalls.

Paul Orndorff defeated SD Jones with the piledriver.

Tag Team Champions the Von Erich’s defeated Red Scare by DQ. 4-man breakdown toward the end. Nikolai used Blassie’s cane on Kevin to break the Claw on Zhukov. Von Erich’s fight then them off.

[Intermission]

King Kong Bundy defeated Hillbilly Jim by count-out. Brawl outside led to Bundy splashing Jim on the floor & beating the 10-count.

I-C Champion Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine defeated Ivan Putski with a small package reversal.

Ted Arcidi defeated Al Snow with a powerslam.

WWF Heavyweight Champion defeated Bob Backlund. Insane main event heat for this. Ref gets KO’d toward the end. Backlund gets the Title belt & beats Bruno down with it. David Schultz runs down & helps make it a 2-on-1 beatdown. Kerry Von Erich storms the ring & cleans house. Schultz heads for the hills & Kerry leaves casually. Bruno hits the belly-to-belly on Backlund as the ref awakens for the 1-2-3. Pandemonium to end the night.

TV: Superstars of Wrestling - Saturday 9/5

(Gorilla Monsoon & Fred Blassie on commentary.)

[FILTER IN] to the packed midsized arena. Gorilla Monsoon & ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie are on the podium across the way from the ring. Crowd going crazy!

Gorilla: The breeze of autumn blows in, but it remains scorching-hot here in the World Wrestling Federation. It’s The Gorilla alongside The Classy One, ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie for another BARN-BURNER edition of The Superstars of Wrestling! Blass, this one’s gonna be hot to trot!

Blassie: The eyes of the wrestling world are on us, more than ever. I’ll just say that I’m flattered to be the reason why.

Gorilla: Will you be SERIOUS!?

Blassie: What, what I say?

Gorilla: Folks, you won’t wanna miss the big main event collision of one-half of the reigning Tag Team Champions, the incomparable Kevin Von Erich squaring off with a member of their new nemeses, Sika of the ever-dangerous Samoan Headhunters collective! Not to mention Tito Santana, YOUR man The Iron Sheik, and the Intercontinental Champ Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine ALL in action this week!

Blassie: And The Penthouse, with a raised ceiling, will host the man who will soon be EXTINGUISHED as the true giant of the World Wrestling Federation, Andre the Giant! Classy Freddie with the headlines once again!

Gorilla: Plus folks, you’ll wanna see the sitdown interview that Yours Truly conducted with 450-pound monster & latest Heenan family acquisition, King Kong Bundy! And you won’t believe what got said about the man he viciously ambushed recently, I’m talking about the Superstar, Billy Graham. All that & so much more, folks! Speaking of headlines, let’s get to ringside! I think someone, who’s no stranger to headlines HIMSELF, is on his way!

[FADE] to the ring, where Jarvis Anderson warms up as he’s introduced. Suddenly, the place EXPLODES to its feet in MONSTER BOOS as… here comes ‘Dr. D’ out of the tunnel in a calm, defiant swagger, chewing gum as he smugly walks the aisle to ringside. He hops up into the ring & gets inside. He takes in the thundering heat on all sides of the building, then looks cockily at Anderson & cracks a smile. He comes to mid-ring & takes the mic from Finkel. He waves Anderson to come meet him at mid-ring.

Schultz: I know it dudn’t matter, but I didn’t catch your name. Look, it STILL don’t matter. Look here. Now, I done given some golden opportunities around here. And every time, somebody is too stupid to look a gift horse in the mouth. But YOU - YOU only look slightly stupid, so I’m gonna trust you to do right... by YOU. So here’s the deal. Rather than me waste my time beatin’ you within an inch of your life & you takin’ an unnecessary month-long stay at a hospital, why don’t you turn around & walk right back outta here---

[Crowd erupts in cheers as… here comes Rocky King jogging down the aisle, fired up! Haven’t seen him in a couple months since those vicious assaults by Schultz on All-Star Wrestling!! He gets to ringside & hops onto the apron, as Schultz notices in slight shock! King catapults himself over the top into the ring, as Schultz backs up a step or 2!! King grabs the mic.]

King (to Anderson): Looka here, Jarvis. I know this is a great chance for you to get it on with a top guy, but I’mma need you to sit this one out… (looks at Schultz) cuz IIIII’MMM gon’ be the one to fight him!!

[Crowd explodes!!! Schultz chuckles & gestures to calm down, not taking this seriously yet!]

King (cont’d, angrily bold): What’s wrong, DOCTA D!? Didn’t think you was ever gon’ have to look at my face again!? Thought I was gon’ head on back to the house, with my head between my legs, and call it a career!? Well right here, right now, I’m gon’ give YOU the golden opportunity! 

[That got Schultz’s attention! Crowd erupting!!]

King (cont’d): I got my gear on, I’m ready to go! I’m here to give the man who tried to put me on the shelf for good, the beatin’ of his LIFE! And if I can’t do it, then hell, you just gon’ have to bash my head in again! But either way, yo gon’ KNOW you just don’t walk away from what you did to ME! HERE’S YO CHANCE - DO IT AGAIN!

[Crowd going nuts!! Schultz is laughing & still gesturing for calm! King is eagerly trying to talk Anderson into leaving.]

Schultz: Boy, to say I forgot you is to say I knew you in the FIRST place! (Crowd buzzing, King smiles) But I do recollect what I done to you. If you wanna sign yourself up for the same hell you just went through, then who am I to interfere wit a man’s pleasure!? (Crowd roars eagerly! King nodding) It don’t make no nevermind to me, son! You wanna cancel your own career, then I’d be honored!!

Crowd building! King eagerly checks with Anderson again, and Anderson agrees to hit the bricks! Place goes nuts! King’s fired-up as Anderson steps out to the floor, when Schultz AMBUSHES King from behind & stomps a mudhole in him!!

Match #1: ‘Dr. D’ David Schultz vs. Rocky King

Schultz is stomping for all he’s worth!! Crowd still on its feet, rabidly urging King on! Schultz yanks him up like a rag doll, whips him to the ropes, King comes off the ropes & ducks a back-elbow by Schultz, then dropkicks Schultz out of his boots! And again! And again! Schultz rolls to the outside, not knowing what hit him! Place going nuts! King’s jumping around, all full of piss & vinegar!

Schultz shakes the cobwebs free in disbelief on the floor & fires up in a rage, as he eagerly slides back in & sidesteps another dropkick by King! Schultz then MAULS King with stomps & vicious ground-n-pound, taking it fully seriously now! Yanks King up & short-clotheslines him out of his boots! King’s clutching his injured neck!!

Schultz yanks him up again & whips him to the far corner with authority. As King sags against the turnbuckles, Schultz yells in his groggy face & slaps him like a child! And again! And---

Place BLOWS THE ROOF OFF THE BUILDING AS…… HERE COMES BRUNO SAMMARTINO, IN SLACKS & ROLLED-UP SHIRT SLEEVES, RUNNING THE AISLE & EAGERLY SLIDING INTO THE RING BEHIND SCHULTZ!!! GROGGY KING’S POINTING BEHIND SCHULTZ… SCHULTZ IS CONFUSED AT FIRST, THEN TURNS AROUND... 

BRUNO SPEARS HIM LIKE A RAG DOLL, UNLOADING THUNDEROUS LEFTS & RIGHTS THAT PINBALL SCHULTZ HEAD UP & DOWN OFF THE CANVAS!! BRUNO IS A MAN POSSESSED!! PLACE IS LITERALLY SHAKING!!! KING’S RUNNING IN PLACE IN THE CORNER, ENJOYING THIS!! SEEMS LIKE THIS WAS A SETUP ON SCHULTZ!! SCHULTZ DESPERATELY FLIPS BRUNO OFF OF HIM!! 

They both pop up to their feet & Bruno immediately GERMANS Schultz out of his boots from behind!!! The impact bounces Schultz to his feet near the ropes… which bounce him forward, RIGHT INTO THE BELLY-TO-BELLY BY BRUNO!!! THE IMPACT JOLTS SCHULTZ’S BODY LIKE AN ELECTRICAL CURRENT GOING THRU HIM!! SCHULTZ INSTINCTIVELY ROLLS OUT OF THE RING, AS BRUNO DIVES TO POUNCE ON HIM TO GET HIM SOME MORE… BUT SCHULTZ MAKES IT OUT TO THE FLOOR!!

Schultz staggers to the aisle on wobbly legs, holding his back, looking up at the ring like he’s seen a ghost!!! Bruno’s on his knees in the ring, gesturing that he was “this close” to ending Schultz & gesturing for Schultz to come on back!!! 

Schultz gets to the aisle, beside himself now, jawing at Bruno & also at King!! Bruno stands up & King parades out of the corner behind him, practically jumping onto Bruno’s back, like a son!! Bruno pats him on the head & keeps the focus on Schultz in the aisle!! King’s joining the cheers of the rabid crowd!! Schultz, recovering now, acts like he wants to make a move for the ring & Bruno’s begging to bring him some more!!!

A slew of arena security staff emerge onto the scene. Schultz is jawing up a storm, vowing to end Bruno!! Bruno’s holding the ropes open for him, jawing like crazy as well!!! Schultz finally, slowly backs up the aisle, still jawing, as Bruno mounts the 2nd turnbuckle, pointing & still daring him to come back!! He finally gets down from the perch & atta-boys King as “Imagine” by John Lennon kicks in. The rabid crowd begins celebrating!! They’ve been standing the entire time!! 

Bruno, still with that killer look in his eye, stands in mid-ring, hands on his hips, taking in the immense ovation from this capacity crowd on all sides of the building!!! He jaws at the crowd, interacting with them as only he can, as King cheers along!! A few of the event staff get into the ring to make sure both are fine. 

Bruno gives a final wave to the rabidly adoring crowd & exits the ring with King, who clutches his previously-injured neck. They’re flanked by the security staff as they head up the aisle, as Bruno’s getting a monster sendoff!!!

Winner: ‘Dr. D’ David Schultz by DQ

[CUT] to WWF Update with “Two Hearts" by Phil Collins as the audio. Into the newsroom-like studio with Lord Alfred Hayes.

He leads in with the mysterious attack of the British Bulldogs last week in their locker room. He sends us to footage from last week, where Heenan is alerted by the production staffer & runs the hallway, discovering both Bulldogs beaten to a pulp in their disheveled locker room.

He reports that the Heenan Family is circling the wagons & have hired a private investigator. Word is, Heenan is prepared to press charges based on pending findings.

He hypes the idea that the assailants could either be found, or what if they present themselves soon than later?

The segment ends with a WWF logo graphic & instrumental of “We Built This City” by Starship as the audio.

Commercial

Back from commercial, Mean Gene stands by in the locker room area flanked by Tag Team Champs the Von Erich’s. Gene, happy to be in their presence, asks Kevin about his big showdown with 1 of the 4 monsters that attacked them in recent weeks, Sika of the Samoan Headhunters collective.

Kevin says he & Kerry can take a hint real easily, and in this sport, hints aren’t even necessary. Says, if these 4 savages are lookin’ for a shot at the the Tag Titles, all they need to do is speak up. 

Says, but then again, maybe this IS their way of speakin’ up. Says that’s just fine, because they just lit a fire that’s bigger than even THOSE Samoan monsters can put out. Says Sika is about to learn what a 1-man wolfpacking is like, in just a little while.

Kerry chimes in & says the only thing worse than having 4 Samoan Headhunters on your tail is having 2 Von Erich’s. Says “You want some proof? Just show up, we’ll handle the rest.”

Excited Jean kicks us back to ringside.

[CUT] back into the arena, as Elmer Tate warms up in the ring as he’s intro’d. Suddenly, the place boos up a storm as a happy Freddie Blassie leads The Iron Sheik, in his headdress & outer garb, out of the tunnel into the arena! They work their way down the aisle to ringside, up the steps & into the ring, as the boos rain down like a monsoon! Sheik argues with the crowd & gestures as if he’s gonna backhand every single fan in the building! He snatches the mic from Finkel & bellows some derogatory lecture in Farsi dialect, which deepens the massive boos!

Match #2: The Iron Sheik vs. Elmer Tate

Tate is game, super fired-up by Sheik’s rant moments earlier! He catches Sheik in a few armdrags & a hiptoss - which ignites the crowd & annoys Blassie! Sheik charges again, but blocks the hiptoss this time & counters it into a gut-wrench suplex on Tate. 

Sheik is in total control now, with vicious stomps, double-arm suplexes, back-breaker, etc. “USA” chants rain down & Sheik’s bothered big-time by it, muffing his own ears from the noise. 

He then stands over face-down Tate & yanks him upward into the Camel Clutch, practically snapping him in half! Ref doesn’t even bother to ask Tate if he wants to quit & just calls for the bell. Sheik keeps it cinched in well after the bell, until he’s had enough. 

Blassie rejoins him in the ring & hands Sheik the Iranian flag to wave proudly, inciting even bigger boos from the crowd! Sheik defiantly jaws at them & yells toward the hard cam, mouthing something angrily about Slaughter & spitting. He then finally exits the ring with Blassie & they head up the aisle as the boos continue down-pouring. 

Winner: The Iron Sheik by Submission

[CUT] to a special 30-second hype ad for WWF WrestleMania coming soon to VHS & Beta, courtesy of Coliseum Home Video.

Commercial

[SEEN IN NEW YORK CITY MARKET ONLY] -- Back from commercial, it’s the market-specific ‘WWF Event Center’ with Mean Gene standing by with the WWF logo on the wall behind him.

Gene hypes NYC about the fact that we are down to just 1 WEEK AWAY from WWF action returning to the Big Apple at the mecca of sports & entertainment, Madison Square Garden, NEXT Saturday night September 12th, 8 PM bell time. Says there’s only a few tix remaining, so snatch them up while you still can at Ticketmaster outlets everywhere or at the MSG box office.

He quickly runs down most of this 9-match card, including Andre the Giant vs. Giant Haystacks in the big main event, Sgt. Slaughter & Scufflin’ Hillbillies vs. Iron Sheik & Red Scare in a 6-Man Grudge Match, Bob Backlund vs. Ivan Putski, I-C Champ Greg Valentine defending vs. heated rival Ken Patera, newly-signed match of the British Bulldogs vs. the Fantastics, and a $50K 20-Man Battle Royal, etc.

Pedro Morales comes into frame & Gene happily welcomes him in. He says he’s always excited to come back to NYC & he’s looking forward to making $50K in the big Battle Royal. Says he’s finding his footing since he’s been back in the WWF & he’s getting on a roll again, in matches night after night. 

Says nobody is gonna outfight him, especially at Madison Square Garden. Says winning that $50K will put him right back in line where he belongs - for a big Title shot. He ends, speaking proudly in Spanish. 

Gene excitedly ends the segment with his hard sell of the event details.

WE see the in-space graphic with the event details with “Get It On’" by Power Station as the audio backdrop.

[CUT] back into the arena as Jorge Montego warms up, as he’s intro’d. “Breaking Out” by Santana hits & the crowd EXPLODES to its feet! Here comes Tito Santana happily jogging out of the tunnel, pumping his fists to the roaring crowd & hi-fiving adoring fans as he heads to the ring! Tito’s got theme music now, on good friend music star Santana’s new album “Beyond Appearances”! He gets to the ringside, hops up into the ring, pumping his fists to the rocking crowd on all sides! He then pulls off his t-shirt & readies himself for action! 

Match #3: Tito Santana vs. Jorge Montego

Tito is on his A+ game, completely wrestling Montego practically out of the building! A mat wrestling lesson, followed by Tito’s high-energy offense of dropkicks, armdrags, hiptosses, monkey-flip, etc! He sets Montego up with a towering backdrop! He whips him across to the corner & hits the opposite ropes… the momentum of the whip to the corner pinballs Montego forward, right into the flying forearm by Tito!! Montego is a corpse as Tito leisurely hooks the leg for the 1-2-3!!

“Breaking Out” hits again & Tito is fired-up as he celebrates with the partying crowd! He pumps up the crowd on all sides, before finally exiting the ring & heading for the aisle to a huge, adoring sendoff!!

Winner: Tito Santana by Pinfall

[CUT] to a vast studio with a table in the center. A small projector screen sits on the table with the WWF logo illuminating. On either side of the table sit Gorilla Monsoon & King Kong Bundy in street clothes. Gorilla sets US up & intro’s Bundy, who’s as smug (and large) as can be. 

Gorilla thanks him for doing this, then asks him what did he think was missing from his career in the WWF so far, that he believed joining the likes of the Heenan Family would provide him. Bundy said his career decisions are based on want - not need. 

Says he was literally smashing the competition under his weight already, but opportunity presented itself. Opportunity to be a part of an elite group that makes it impossible for the higher-ups, the championship committees, the President Jack Tunney’s of the world to ignore & hold back. 

Says ‘The Brain’ is the best manager in this sport, literally driving careers straight to the top, staying on top of the bigwigs, making big deals left & right to make sure his guys are ALL on paths to gold. There was a massive opening, an opportunity, within the Family & he (Bundy) took full advantage.

Gorilla asks which path to gold does he think Heenan put him on. Bundy bristles “If I need to answer that for you, Monsoon, then you’re the wrong guy to be sitting here asking me ANYTHING”. Says ‘The Hammer’ has the I-C gold locked up for the next 20 years, Bulldogs are the best tag team on Earth, and that leaves the path to the top of the tallest mountain to him. Says he’ll crush his way to the summit, no matter how many of Gorilla’s friends he has to put on the shelf.

Gorilla plays for Bundy the footage on the projector screen, of the attack & injuring of Billy Graham from a couple weeks back. After the footage, Bundy’s laughing. Gorilla, holding back his indignation, asks Bundy how that callous act was a part of his path to gold. Bundy chuckles, noticing how bothered Gorilla is. Says that simply was FUN. Says it was an easy way to remove a big chess piece off the table. Says this explains why Gorilla was never World Champ, because he didn’t have the brains or the direction. 

Says, in a battle of the super-heavyweights, he would’ve flattened Monsoon like a grape if he was around back then. Gorilla bristles “Oh really” & Bundy calmly, directly “Yes really”’s him. Says his heart doesn’t bleed at all for Graham. Says Graham got what he had coming, letting some sniveling kids, some sappy losers in life who need to rub elbows with sports stars, throw him off his game & soften his focus. Says he’s laid up in a hospital, unable to breath, getting put back together right now, BECAUSE he lacks the focus Bundy has. 

Says Gorilla should go tell his friend to just hang ‘em up - the Superstar is broken now. “Time comes for everybody except King Kong Bundy, and the moment you go soft, natural selection gets ya.” Gorilla says Bundy might get to tell Graham that, personally. Bundy laughs, saying Graham can’t even breathe anymore to get the words out, so Monsoon should tell him. 

Gorilla, annoyed, asks him how it feels to be 1 of the most despicable human beings ever in the sport. Bundy laughs louder, saying he’s making more money in a week than Monsoon ever made in a year, can snap careers in half in mere seconds, is the inevitable WWF World Champ - “Do you think it matters to me, ‘Mr. Washed-Up Wrestler-Turned-TV-Announcer’, what you find despicable!? I’m 468 pounds of ‘Shut Up, Old Man’ & I got a nice, tall, glass for anybody who wants to sass me for suckering their friends right outta the sport!”

Gorilla says he may be in store for some unpleasant surprises soon, because “Pride goeth before the fall”. Says to look around at his band mates, the Bulldogs, who’ve been almost put out, themselves, and it’s not like Valentine doesn’t have some reckonings of his own coming. A hint of doubt etches across Bundy’s face. 

Bundy defiantly states he’s the only reckoning in the WWF & that Monsoon’s mouth can put him on a path to the hospital bed next to Graham. Gorilla says this is basically the 3rd time he’s threatened him in 1 interview & maybe he needs to check his insecurity. Bundy says he & Monsoon have different definitions of ‘threatening’, because Bundy would be the only one sitting here talking if they defined it the same.

Gorilla asks what should we be preparing to see next. Bundy says things will unfold in ways the world will least expect - just like nobody saw his unveiling as the newest Heenan Family member coming. Says it’ll be fun for him & the Family, and a nightmare for everybody else. Says “Ask Billy Graham… brother”, then cackles big. Gorilla thanks him for his time & ends the interview with Bundy laughing, exclaiming “Come on Monsoon, you LOVED IT!”

[FADE] to a graphic of the rooftop of a plush high-rise. Caption reads “Up Next… A GIANT trip to the Penthouse!” as “Sussudio” by Phil Collins is the audio backdrop.

Commercial

[SEEN IN CLEVELAND AREA ONLY -- During the commercial break, a 30-second ad bumper featuring a moving-through-space graphic with Mean Gene’s voice hyping the big house show tonight, September 5th, at the Convention Center. Written graphics of the match-ups show as Gene hypes the card.]

Back from commercial, Fred Blassie is standing on the plush Penthouse suite interview set with soft jazz playing in the background. Security detail Virgil, whose shiny, arms cut-out tuxedo-like getup is tinted gold this week, stands stoically behind the sofa as per usual.

Blassie: Welcome once again to The Penthouse, the “Page 6 of Sports”, starring Yours Truly, ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie. (Crowd booing!) My guest this week is a man, who spent years enjoying the fortune & fame of being known as pro wrestling’s giant! (Crowd roaring!) He’s had the corner of the universe all to himself… UNTIL NOW! (Crowd turns mixed) And I’m gonna get the scoop on JUST what he feels now, as wrestling’s AUXILIARY giant! (Crowd booing!) Please welcome my guest at this time, the 8th Wonder of the World! Andre! The Giant!!

[Crowd EXPLODES HUGE! Andre, in button down shirt & black jeans, happily comes onto the set to a MASSIVE ovation from the crowd!!! He waves at the crowd, then steps toward Blassie… but Virgil steps into his path. Andre’s pleasant expression doesn’t change, as if Virgil is no threat to him! Virgil gets a load of Andre’s girth & slowly steps aside! Andre chuckles & glares at him as he steps past him toward Blassie!]

Blassie (slightly intimidated by Andre’s height & size): Tha--... Um… Thanks for being here. Welcome to The Penthouse!

[Andre continues grinning down at him, but does not reply.]

Blassie (cont’d): Now that you’re here… is there anything we can offer you? Won’t you join relax on the sofa?

[Andre continues grinning - still no reply. Crowd loving the non-response!]

Blassie (cont’d, annoyed): Nothin’!?... OK fine, that’s how we’ll do it! Since you’re not into the pleasantries, why don’t we get down to making some headlines here! How does it feel, knowing that there is ANOTHER giant! In my view, an ALPHA giant! Another genetic freak walking the face of the earth with a mean streak the size of Texas. A man who, unlike any other, can actually stand eye-to-eye with you & LAY YOU OUT, MANO-A-MANO! (Crowd booing!) How is it, knowing you’re officially professional wrestling’s FALLBACK PLAN GIANT!?

[Crowd booing up a storm! Andre still never stops grinning & doesn’t respond!]

Blassie (cont’d): Are you having problems HEARING me, sir!? I SAID HOW DOE---

Andre (grabs Blassie’s arm with the mic): You’re done speaking now. 

[Crowd exploding!! Blassie’s in pain, arm still in Andre’s clutches!! Virgil’s unsure of what to do!]

Andre (cont’d): Everybody knows pro wrestling, all around the world, has ONE giant. (Crowd exploding!) Haystacks is a giant body. But Andre is the giant, outside AND inside. (Crowd going nuts! Blassie still in pain, at his mercy) I see big men come, they step up to me, I knock ‘em down, they go. Haystacks is big man outside, but inside, he’s 3 feet tall. I put him down once. Soon, I’ll put him down for good. You won’t remember him 1 year from now. He’ll be short memory for---

Crowd exploding huge in anxiety as… HERE COMES HAYSTACKS ONTO THE SET BEHIND ANDRE!!! VIRGIL BACKS FURTHER AWAY!! HAYSTACKS, TEETH GNASHED & EYES BULGING, WINDS UP & THROTTLES ANDRE’S TRAPEZIUS FROM BEHIND WITH 2 MASSIVE FOREARM SHOTS!! ANDRE IS ROCKED, AS HE LOSES GRIP OF BLASSIE!!! 

Dazed, wobbly Andre turns around to see what hit him & Haystacks immediately THROTTLES HIM A SECOND TIME IN THE TRAPEZIUS WITH ANOTHER DOUBLE SHOT FROM THE HEAVENS!!! ANDRE STAGGERS BACKWARD!! HAYSTACKS HEADBUTTS HIM & ANDRE TUMBLES BACKWARD ONTO THE COUCH!!!... AND THE COUCH TIPS OVER BACKWARD WITH ANDRE!!!

HAYSTACKS, FULL OF INTENSITY, TURNS TO THE CROWD & RAISES HIS FISTS HIGH, LETTING OUT AN ANIMAL-LIKE ROAR!! BLASSIE & VIRGIL WATCH ON IN SHOCK FROM SAFE DISTANCES!!! HAYSTACKS, BAD HOMBRE THAT HE IS, TURNS & INTENSELY WALKS SLOWLY OFF THE SET LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED!!! 

Suddenly… the sofa jolts as Andre staggers back up!!!!! Place comes unglued!!!!!!! Full of rage, he SWATS the entire flipped-over sofa out of his way like it’s a small item & the projectile sofa damages nearby amenities!!! Blassie & Virgil each duck for cover!!! Andre then storms off the set, clearly looking to get him some of Haystacks!!!!!!! Arena is shaking from the ovation!!!! 

Blassie & Virgil look on with eyes as wide as can be!!!! The size & destruction capacity of these 2 behemoths is a wonder to behold!!!! Blassie is speechless & slowly walks offset with a startled Virgil!! 

[CUT] to a still photo of Greg Valentine holding the I-C Title belt, with a caption reading “Up Next, a golden HAMMER!”

Commercial

Back from commercial, Jim Taylor warms up in the ring as he’s intro’d. Crowd boos up a storm as Greg Valentine, this time in a dazzling blue robe, smugly saunters his way out to the aisle. No Bobby Heenan! Valentine arrives at ringside, up the steps & into the ring. He opens the robe, pulls off the I-C belt & holds it high to taunt the crowd on all sides. He then preps for action.

Match #4: Intercontinental Champion Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine vs. Jim Taylor

Valentine systematically dismantles Taylor, teaching the wrestling lesson of a lifetime in only a few short minutes. Midway through, Valentine dumps him to the outside & begins taunting the booing crowd.

Glimmer of hope for Taylor, as he climbs back to the apron. He gets a few shoulders to the gut through the ropes & sunset-flips Valentine into a leg-flailing 1-2-Valentine kicks out! Valentine angrily pops up & mauls Taylor. 

Atomic knee-breaker, chop block, and several elbowdrops down across Taylor’s legs later, here comes the Figure Four! Valentine slaps it on & Taylor’s toast! He violently submits right away, in intense pain! Valentine gets up & calmly, smugly celebrates his win with his belt raised to the booing arena! Taylor’s on the mat, still in excruciating pain!

Belt over his shoulder now, Valentine confidently exits the ring & heads for the aisle.

Winner: Greg ‘The Hammer’ Valentine by Submission

[CUT] to a vignette featuring Ken Patera, previously injured leg still taped, in a gym doing all kinds of heavy squats & other major strongman workouts for the upper & lower body.

INTERCUT to shots of Patera sitting in a studio, narrating. He says every day is a constant grind to be, not just at his best, but to be THE best.

WE also see him sparring in a wrestling ring, in the same workout facility, with a slew of young workers, testing his flexibility, ease of motion, sharpness in offense. Narrating Patera says there’s nothing like live action, but having bodies flying at him preps him for life in WWF rings night after night.

The sparring partners take turns running & charging at him; tons of hiptosses & armdrags, backdrops, standing suplexes, etc. by Patera. His knee is not only holding up great, but the crispness of his motion & explosiveness is top-notch.

WE also see him grunting & snarling as he’s working on the leg press machine with tons of weight levied, and a trainer is coaching him on, positively. 

Narrating Patera says the knee injury from a couple months ago was some of the worst pain he’s ever endured & ate into his strength, speed, launch - everything that makes him who he is, in the ring. But now he’s fought & scratched his way to getting it back, better than ever.

In other sparring sessions, he’s double-German-suplexing sparring partners. 

Narrating Patera says he’s sharper now than in his Olympic days & says Greg Valentine barked up the wrong tree. Says being in this den every day is a reflection of his grit & heart. 

Narrating trainer says he’s never worked with a more hard-working guy & it’s an inspiration for the guys in the gym to work with an Olympian & a great man. 

Narrating Patera says he knows beating Valentine for that I-C Title requires out-hearting him, and he’s (Patera) all heart. Says he’s back to full health, which means the clock is ticking for The Hammer - whether that keeps him up at night or not.

[FADE OUT]

Commercial

[SEEN IN NEW YORK CITY MARKET ONLY] -- Back from commercial, it’s the market-specific ‘WWF Event Center’ again with Mean Gene standing by with the WWF logo on the wall behind him.

Gene re-hypes NYC about the fact that we are down to just 1 week away from WWF action returning to the Big Apple at Madison Square Garden, Saturday night September 12th with an 8 PM bell time. Says tickets are running out fast in what’s sure to be another major sellout! Says to get the few remaining tickets fast!

He quickly runs down most of this 9-match card again, including Andre the Giant vs. Giant Haystacks in the monster main event, Sgt. Slaughter & Scufflin’ Hillbillies vs. Iron Sheik & Red Scare in a 6-Man Grudge Match, Bob Backlund vs. Ivan Putski, I-C Champ Greg Valentine defending vs. heated rival Ken Patera, newly-signed match of the British Bulldogs vs. the Fantastics, and a $50K 20-Man Battle Royal, etc.

Sgt. Slaughter, Hillbilly Jim & Cousin Luke come into frame, which excites Gene. Slaughter says the Garden, great as it is, won’t contain a fight like this. Says it may spill out onto 7th Avenue. Says he & the Hillbillies are ready to send 3 un-American punks back to where they came from, in a rocket launcher they’ll be bringing to the Garden. “Tell ‘em about it, Jim!”, says Slaughter.

Hillbilly Jim says Red Scare & Sheik have been ridin’ high on the hog long enough & there ain’t no better place than NYC, one of the most American cities there is, to send them back to someplace they love. Cousin Luke says he’s bringin’ a vat of Papa Jeb’s throwaway moonshine - that’ll be what fires up Sarge’s rocket launcher.

Slaughter closes, saying not to be surprised if MSG ends up 2 blocks over from where it currently sits. “This war is gonna rock New York City to the foundations, boys! ATTEN HUT!”

Gene happily ends the segment with his hard sell, as Slaughter & Hillbillies remain, psyching themselves up. 

WE see the in-space graphic with the event details. “My Kind of Town” by Frank Sinatra is the audio backdrop.

[CUT] back into the arena…… Afa & Sika slowly make their way out of the tunnel, wild-eyed as can be. Place is already on its feet & major heat bellows throughout the building in anticipation! The 2 huge savages wander to ringside & calmly climb into the ring this time, but seem like ticking time-bombs nonetheless. They both wander around the ring, eyes bulging as if they’re hungry for prey. Finkel is super intimidated.

“Still of the Night” by Whitensake hits & THE PLACE COMES UNGLUED!!! The Von Erich’s confidently come out to the aisle, smiling but focused, as they wade through the sea of adoring arms reaching into the aisle as they make their way to the ring!! 

They hop onto the apron & the place is going nuts!! They charismatically work the crowd from the apron, then hop into the ring, pacing as they eye up their savage predators!! Von Erich’s are jawing & pointing at Afa & Sika aggressively! Afa & Sika are half-smiling as they lick their chops!

Match #5: Kevin Von Erich (w/Kerry Von Erich) vs. Sika (w/Afa)

Kevin & Sika are trading angry blows in mid-ring right off the mat like 2 madmen! Kevin’s ducking & dodging, rope-a-doing Sika & DROPPING him with a raging dropkick! And again! And an inverted armdrag on the big man! Afa hops onto the apron & Kevin dropkicks him off for good measure! Place coming unglued! Kerry hops on the apron & hi-fives a fired-up Kevin!

Moments later, Sika manages to ground Kevin when Kevin goes for a flying head-scissors & Sika PLANTS him to the mat from the apex! Sika dominates with savage aggression; fall-away slam, falling headbutts, tombstone slam, jumping splash, etc. 

Sika dumps him to the outside & Afa pounces on Kevin! Kerry storms around the ring & opens fire on Afa, knocking him clear of his fallen brother! Place going nuts! Kerry’s not having it! 

Moments later in the ring, Kevin fights up out of a nerve hold to the traps by Sika & breaks free, unleashing on the Samoan killer with everything he’s got! Dropkicks, roundhouse kicks, running cross-bodies, etc! Sika staggers back up, more wobbly each time but recovering quickly! Kevin makes the gesture for the Claw! Sika looks out on his feet! Place coming apart at the seams!

….... Here come Haku & Tama, the remaining 2 members of the Samoan Headhunters collective, sprinting down the aisle!! Tama blindsides Kerry at ringside, as Haku slides into the ring to ambush Kevin!! Kevin’s roundhousing Sika & Haku!!!!! But Sika & Haku finally overpower him!!!

Kerry’s fighting back against Tama at ringside, but Afa levels him from behind! Afa & Tama hoist Kerry up & drop him throat-first on the railing!! Afa & Tama slide into the ring, and begin stomping Kevin into oblivion!! 4-on-1 wolf-packing this time!! Crowd’s irate!!

Kerry recovers at ringside, all ticked off, grabs a chair & slides in!!! He CLOCKS Afa in the skull with it & floors him!!! Haku turns around & Kerry LEVELS him with a thunderous chairshot to the skull as well!!! Sika charges him & Kerry LEVELS him with a chairshot of his own!! Same for Tama!!! Kerry Von Erich has floored all 4 Samoan killers with that chair!!! Kerry helps Kevin up & they rule the ring with their Title belts!!! Place coming unglued!!! 

Suddenly, the 4 Samoans quickly recover & pop back up to their feet, like nothing happened!! The Von Erich’s instinctively roll out to the floor to avoid another gangland beat-down!!! The Samoans are all smiling & licking their chops again, beating their own supernaturally hard craniums!!! The Von Erich’s watch from the aisle, in a bit of surprise, realizing & coming to grips with what they’re truly up against!!! 

The 4 Headhunters begin their tribal synchronized war dance in the ring as an overture to the Champions! Kerry & Kevin seem ready for whatever comes next, but it seems to be a massively tall order!! Crowd went from on-fire a few moments ago to utterly stunned now!!

Winner: Kevin Von Erich by DQ

Commercial

[SEEN IN CLEVELAND AREA ONLY -- During the commercial break, another 30-second ad bumper featuring a moving-through-space graphic with Mean Gene’s voice hyping tonight’s WWF’s return to Cleveland at the Convention Center. Written graphics of the match-ups show as Gene hypes the card.]

Back from commercial, Gorilla & Blassie stand at the broadcast podium…… 

Gorilla: Capacity crowd still on edge here, after all they’ve seen this week right out of the chute, folks! I’m not so sure they’re any less on edge than the gentlemen to my right. How ya holdin’ up, Blass!?

Blassie: Don’t you worry about ME. How YOU holdin’ up, after King Kong Bundy almost turned you into 100-pound meat patty!?

Gorilla: HUH! I’ll be just FINE, thank you very much! Folks, hot off the heels of all the hoopla this week, next week is shaping up to be a DOOZY! In action, RIGHT HERE ON THE SUPERSTARS OF WRESTLING, the WWF Heavyweight Champion himself, the ‘Living Legend’ Bruno Sammartino in a very special appearance in 1-on-1 competition!

Blassie: I swear he just can't get enough of himself, can he!? Schultz is gonna have somethin' to say about all this! What a showoff, that Sammartino, Monsoon! 

Gorilla: It’s called giving the people what they want! Also next week, the ever-unpredictable George ‘The Animal’ Steele will see in-ring action & we know Captain Lou will be on hand for that one! The aforementioned King Kong Bundy, all 468 pounds of him, will step into the squared circle! The human mountain, Big John Studd will see action! Tommy Rogers & Bobby Fulton of The Fantastics will be here with us in tag team competition! And it wouldn't surprise me to see them on the prowl for Heenan Family members!

Blassie: Those 2 youngsters better make sure they don't bite off more than they can chew!

Gorilla: And in a MASSIVE main event, the former Intercontinental Champion, the Olympian Ken Patera will collide 1-on-1... with former WWF Heavyweight Champion, the lightning rod Bob Backlund, right here next week!!

Blassie: That’s a main event in any arena in the WORLD, Monsoon!

Gorilla: It is, indeed!

Blassie: And my guest next week in The Penthouse, which I guarantee will be in better shape than you’ve EVER seen it before, will be none other… than ‘MR. WONDERFUL’ PAUL... ORNDORFF!

Gorilla: Explosive announcement right there!! Perhaps the hottest free agent in all the WWF! Also folks, we expect to have medical updates on the British Bulldogs, Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid, and the full-on investigation being launched by ‘The Brain’! Not to mention an update on the condition of ‘The Superstar’ as well! All that & a TON more on another action-packed edition of The Superstars of Wrestling. Until then, this is The Gorilla for the 'The Classy One', saying SO LONG EVERYBODY!

[FADE TO BLACK]

TV: All-Star Wrestling - Saturday 9/5

(Vince McMahon & Jack Reynolds on commentary.)

King Kong Bundy (w/Bobby Heenan) defeated Dimitri Rasmussen with the Avalanche & Splash. Demanded & got the 5-count.

Ivan Putski & Ted Arcidi defeated John Bailey & Terence Hopson with an Arcidi powerslam on Hopson.

[Victory Circle w/Lord Alfred Hayes: Guests the Fantastics. Both men are passionately still fired-up about Superstar’s injuries & the Heenan Family thinking they can run roughshod around here, etc. Both deny they were behind the recent locker room attack on the Bulldogs, but they certainly are inspired by it. Say the show is still young - maybe they’ll rendez-vous with the Heenan Family yet, etc.] 

Big John Studd defeated Henry Riggs with a bodyslam & elbowdrop.

Masa Saito & Mr. Fuji defeated Grant Long & Tyler Horns with a Saito gut-wrench powerslam on Long.

[Scufflin’ Hillbillies vs. Greg Valentine & King Kong Bundy is announced as next week’s main event. ‘Dr. D’ David Schultz is announced as Lord Alfred’s guest on Victory Circle.]

The Iron Sheik (w/Freddie Blassie) defeated Pedro Morales by count-out. A hard-hitting, all-action match from the get-go! Sheik was at his most vicious & defiant, while Morales was at his most fiery & inspired in this knockdown/dragout affair. 

Sheik keeps control midway through & signals for the Camel Clutch! But Morales slips out of it, before Sheik can cinch it in! Pedro unloads with those vicious Pedro roundhouses that pinball Sheik all over the ring with each shot! Backdrops, head-first runs to the turnbuckles, and knee-lifts later, Pedro charges for the spearing headbutt to the gut, but Sheik sidesteps & Pedro spills to the outside! 

Sheik rolls out & houses him all over ringside, but Pedro battles back & it’s now a Pier 6 between these 2! Pedro scoops him up & tries to spear him shoulder-first to the post, but Sheik squirms loose & shoves him shoulder-first to the post instead, narrowly beating the 10-count back in the ring!

Nikolai Volkoff & Boris Zhukov run down, beating down the already-hurt Morales at ringside. Sheik watches in delight. They roll Morales back in & Sheik pleasure in slapping on the Camel Clutch as Red Scare get into the ring, enjoying watching this. Sheik finally lets & stands over broken Morales. Blassie joins them in the ring, hands Sheik the Iranian flag & Sheik drapes it over face-down Morales. 

Sheik, Red Scare & Blassie celebrate in the ring to a chorus of thunderous boos to end the show.

HOUSE SHOW: Saturday 9/5 | Cleveland, OH @ Convention Center (14,222)

SD Jones defeated Barry Horowitz with the jumping headbutt.

Barry O defeated George ‘The Animal’ Steele (w/Cpt. Lou Albano) by DQ, when Steele wouldn’t stop chewing O’s arm. After the DQ, Steele chased off the ref & gave O the Armbar to the Heavens.

Scufflin’ Hillbillies & Red Scare (w/Fred Blassie) fought to a double count-out.

Andre the Giant defeated King Kong Bundy (w/Bobby Heenan) by count-out, after a Big Boot knocked Bundy thru the ropes to the floor. Bundy & Heenan decided they’d seen enough, and headed for the hills as the ref counted to 10.

[Intermission]

Paul Orndorff defeated Dusty Wolfe with a piledriver.

David Schultz defeated Ivan Putski with a drop to his knees counter to Putski’s attempted sunset flip & arms on the ropes for leverage.

Tito Santana & Ken Patera defeated Bob Backlund & Greg Valentine (w/Bobby Heenan). 4-man breakdown near the end. Patera ducked an I-C belt shot from Valentine & full-nelson-German's him for the leg-flailing 1-2-3.

Sgt. Slaughter & Iron Sheik (no Blassie) fought to a No Contest. WILD. Match never officially began as they brawled all over ringside upon Slaughter’s entrance. Crazy brawl in & out of the ring. Ref gets KO’d in the crossfire. Sheik tried using Slaughter’s helmet as a weapon, but Slaughter blocked & cracked Sheik with it instead. They end up brawling to the back.

Oh man wild start to this week's show! Great segment and nice continuity as Rocky King pulls one over on Schultz. Bruno was on fire! I can just imagine the crowd's reaction. This is money! 

Sheik was always great at getting heat LOL. 

Cool seeing Tito with a new theme song. Santana's song is a nice touch that adds a little something to Tito's character. 

Enjoyed Gorilla's one on one with Bundy. Bundy is sure proud of himself. I would love to see a Bundy/Bruno title bout, that is if Graham doesn't get to Bundy first.

Penthouse always delivers. Andre is having some fun until things get real when Haystacks shows up and sends him over the couch. Their upcoming match at MSG will be an explosion. 

Valentine has a firm grip on the IC title but after watching Patera's training video, Valentine's reign might be in jeopardy. 

Hot TV main event! Von Erich's clean house but it's short lived as the Samoans get up and are ready to fight. Von Erich's are tough but taking on these 4 Samoans is a tough task even for them. 

Wow! Patera vs. Backlund next week! I'll be tuning in. 

To All-Star,

Fantastics deny they were apart of the Bulldogs attack. HMMMMM, very interesting.

Blast from the past as Fuji puts back on the tights to team with Saito. 

Once again, All-Star gives us an exciting main event as Sheik gets the c.o. win over Morales. Poor Morales takes a beating by Sheik and Red Scare. 

Solid house show in Cleveland. 

The Steele finish was the Animal at his finest.

I would of loved to have seen that bump Bundy took from Andre.

Schultz gets a nice win over Putski to keep his stock high. 

Patera gets the fall on Valentine to keep heat on their feud. Patera might have Valentine's number but then again, never count the Hammer out.  

I'm loving the Slaughter/Sheik feud. All roads will lead to the boot camp match! 

HOUSE SHOW: Sunday 9/6 | Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena (17,576)

George Steele (w/Lou Albano) defeated Barry Horowitz with the Sky Armbar. Huge hometown pop for Steele.

Paul Orndorff defeated Dusty Wolfe with a piledriver. Blassie observed & shook Orndorff’s hand afterwards.

Masa Saito (w/Mr. Fuji) defeated Ted Arcidi by count-out.

The Fantastics defeated Haku & Tama by DQ, when Afa & Sika ran down. 4-on-2 beatdown. The Von Erich’s stormed to the ring & helped the Fantastics clean house. Pandemonium.

[Intermission]

Big John Studd defeated SD Jones with an elbowdrop.

Hillbilly Jim defeated Nikolai Volkoff (w/Fred Blassie) with a Big Boot, after a miscue with Blassie & Nikolai.

Sgt. Slaughter defeated King Kong Bundy (w/Bobby Heenan) by DQ, when Bobby Heenan got on the apron & Slaughter catapulted him in. Slaughter whipped him to the corner, then whipped Bundy to the same corner, Avalanching Heenan. A high knee sent Bundy tumbling thru the ropes to the floor. Bundy carried Heenan away like a child, as Slaughter stood tall in the ring.

George Steele won a 20-Man $20K Battle Royal. Steele backdropped Bob Backlund over the top at the end, to send the raucous crowd home happy.

As I told you in a PM. I was very glad to see you keep some of my storylines up and running when you took over!

You've given Bruno a much longer and more interesting reign than I would have. Really enjoying the Schultz feud. His vulgar ass makes a good foil for the straight laced Mr. Sammartino.

Blassie's Penthouse is fantastic stuff. Love a good talk show segment, and you've definitely made one!

Glad you've kept the Andre/Haystacks feud going. My plan all along was for this one to last a while after Andre squashed the first two "giants" that went after him.

Love what you are doing with John Studd. I have a big soft spot for Studd, and you are doing a great job building him up. I hope you don't feed him to Andre for a long time!

You have the tag division on fire! The hard edge you've given The Fantastics is awesome. The Bulldogs embracing the heel side of things more. The Von Erichs dominating, and you've made the Samoans a huge threat. Good Stuff Dude!!

Looking forward to seeing who Orndorff will side with in the end. I get the feeling it may be a bit of a surprise.