Twin States Wrestling Episode #12

Saturday October 3, 1985

From the WTVY Ch. 4 Studio in Dothan, Alabama

airing LIVE at Noon on WTVY Channel 4 and on tape

on stations throughout Alabama and Mississippi at various times

Host/Play by Play: Charlie Platt

Co-Host/Color Commentator: Ronnie P. Gossett

Interviewer/Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

(Show opens with a montage of classic Southeastern Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance", we then go to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and with me as always is Ronnie P. Gossett and Ronnie, what an event Rocket City Rampage was last Sunday in Huntsville."

RPG: "It certainly was…..and I'm happy to say that the Mongolian Stomper retained his championship and our beloved NWA World Champion Tully Blanchard still reigns as well."

Platt: "Well, Mr. Blanchard certainly got pushed to the limit by one, Brad Armstrong and I think we'll be seeing him challenge for that title again somewhere down the line."

RPG: "I'm sure we will but speaking of Brad Armstrong, the man he should thank for that title shot will be in action today and of course I'm speaking of the Ugandan Headhunter, Kamala!"

Platt: "I think that's a warped way to look at it, but you're right the actions of Kamala on this program last week led to 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong being unable to compete which led to Brad Armstrong getting the title shot. I guess the real question is, did Tully pay Ron Wright for knocking Bob Armstrong out of the match?"

RPG: "I don't think that's anyone's business but theirs Charlie Platt.  I'll tell you what I'm excited about….my good friends the Dream Team and Johnny V made good on their promise and Jimmy Valiant is outta here!"

Platt: "From what I understand, Jimmy Valiant did suffer a serious neck injury and we won't be seeing him around anytime soon which is unfortunate for both Jimmy and the fans."

RPG: (rolling his eyes) "Yeah….a real pity…let's have a brief moment of silence for 'Homeless' Jimmy Valiant (literally one second later) Ok, I'm over it. Who's in the first match today, Platt?"

Platt: "Show some respect, Gossett….my goodness.  Before we get to our first match today I want to say congratulations to our new NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Champion Scott Armstrong who defeated Bota the Witch Doctor inside a steel cage in Huntsville."

RPG: "Which just goes to show that anybody can win a title if you just keep giving them title shots over and over, but the man who is about to enter the ring right now is a former NWA World Jr Heavyweight Champion, Nelson Royal and tonight at the Houston County Farm Center, he's going to make sure that Armstrong's title reign is less than a week long."

===================

MATCH #1:

Nelson Royal defeated Shane Douglas by submission with a 'Boston Crab'

(Post match- Ronnie Gossett stands up and invites Nelson Royal over to the desk)

RPG: "Mr. Royal, it's good to see you here in Twin States and I'm confident you're going to be our new U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Champion tonight!"

Royal: "Thank you Mr. Gossett and you're correct….I'm going to take that Armstrong kid apart tonight and while I'm intent on winning the U.S. Jr title, my eyes are on the big prize….MY World Jr. Heavyweight Championship.  Scott Armstrong, I hope you've enjoyed your six days with that title because tonight it comes home with me."

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

MATCH #2:

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) defeated George South/Sammy Hall when Barnes pinned South after a neckbreaker

(An angry Barnes/Dundee join Rick Stewart in the interview area)

Stewart: "Last week you successfully defended your titles against the Assassins but were attacked by Fuller and Golden after the match…." (Barnes cuts in before he could finish)

Barnes: "Who in the bloody hell do those two yanks think they are?? They attack us?? If it's a fight they want then they bloody got one, mate!"

Dundee: "Johnny Valiant, you listen to me and listen good! If you were smart you would have came to us and offered to be our manager, but you backed the wrong guys and now you're going to pay!"

Stewart: "Guys, I hate to interrupt but if you'll look at the monitor we've got some pre-recorded comments from the Dream Team you might want to hear."

(VTR: "Luscious" Johnny V/"New Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller/"Handsome" Jimmy Golden are in the locker room after Rocket City Rampage)

Fuller: "Well…well, as Jimmy Valiant is in an ambulance barreling towards the local hospital, we've now officially sent a message to those two Australian midgets and just like we've been saying all along, those belts belong around our waists and no matter what we're coming for them!"

Golden: "I almost feel bad beating up two little fellas who aren't even tall enough to ride the rides at the county fair and they sure as hell aren't big enough to mess with the Dream Team, baby!"

Johnny V: "We ended my brother's career tonight and as soon as we can get those two little runts in the ring, the Dream Team will be your champions….as they should be!"

(End VTR)

(As we come back from the VTR, Les Thatcher has come out)

Thatcher: "Guys, I'm sure you have plenty to say about that but I just wanted to announce first…based on everything that's gone on lately, I felt like we needed a special referee to keep order in this match and to make sure Johnny V doesn't get away with interfering, and I'm happy to announce that none other than Jerry Brisco will be the special referee!"

Barnes: "That's bloody fine with us mate, as long as he stays out of our way cause we're going to beat these two Tennessee hicks half to death!"

Dundee: "You know that's all anybody can say around here…..is midgets this and midgets that….well tell me Les Thatcher, how does it feel to have two 'Australian Midgets' kick the crap out of every team you've got and be your tag team champions?  I feel exactly like George does, I don't care who the referee is as long as he stays out of our way….and Johnny V, I HOPE you do interfere because I'll knock that stupid looking nose off your face….Fuller and Golden you two belong to the Violent Gentlemen!"

=================

MATCH #3:

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Nightmare" Danny Davis defeated Ronnie Jenkins/Bad Boy Burns/Memphis Monroe when Cooley pinned Burns following a running bulldog!

(Post match: Charlie Platt invites the three of them over to the interview area)

Platt: "What a night it was last Sunday in Huntsville….Wendell, you and Brad here defeated Steve Strong and Angel of Death and of course we know Brad ended up going on to challenge the NWA World Champion Tully Blanchard in place of his father and come within an eyelash of becoming the champion."

Wendell: "That's right Charlie, ol' Brad here made us all real damn proud….and you know what I betcha the next title shot he gets knowing what he knows now and without having a grueling tag match prior to it, this man could very well be our new NWA World Champion and I for one, would love to see it."

Brad: "Thanks Wendell, I certainly hope to get another shot at Tully Blanchard sooner rather than later but tonight……tonight we get a chance at some revenge especially on behalf of our friend Danny Davis here as we're all going to join up with Plowboy Frazier and Cousin Jr and face off against Ron Wright's crew in a ten man tag team elimination match!'

Danny: "Buzz Sawyer…..Brett Sawyer…..you two tried to kill my partner Kenny Wayne by hanging him last week…..and if you thought that was it….that just because Kenny is in the hospital that the Nightmares would just tuck our tails and run then believe me you've got a lot to learn about the Nightmares……I plan on getting a piece of both you tonight and when Ken gets back….we'll finish this once and for all!"

================

Commercial Break

================

MATCH #4:

Handicap Match

Kamala w/Friday & Ron Wright defeated Ned Navarro/Eddie Wilson after stacking them on top of one another and then giving them a splash off the top rope and pinning them both!

(Ronnie P. Gossett comes over to ringside to speak with Ron Wright along w/Friday and Kamala)

RPG: "It's good to see you guys, Ron.  This Kamala may be the most impressive wrestler you've come up with yet."

Wright: "Well Ronnie, I'd be a liar if I called this man a wrestler…..he's a savage headhunter…..Ernie Ladd tried to turn him into something he's not….and this man Friday took Kamala back to the jungles of Uganda and got him back in touch with who he really is….and last week Bob Armstrong found out who Kamala is and more importantly…WHAT Kamala is….he's a beast!"

RPG: "Well I can only imagine that Tully Blanchard is a man of his word and came through with his promise….but that's nobodies business….but the fact of the matter is I'm sure it will be a while before 'Bullet Bob' is back here shooting his mouth off at you and Kamala."

Wright: "If he's smart, he'll never return! However, last week there was one man who seemed like he wanted a piece of the big man…"

RPG: "You have to be referring to the so called 'Candy Man' Ray Candy!"

Wright: "Oh 'Candy Man' is a fitting name cause he looks like that's all he does is sit around and eat candy all day…..as if being big and fat means he could stand up to the mighty Kamala…..well tonight here in Dothan, the 'Candy Man' is going to learn a lesson about getting in the face of Kamala and sticking his nose in Ron Wright's business!"

=================

(VTR: 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong is in the gym struggling to work out with his ribs heavily bandaged, he's approached by Rick Stewart)

Stewart: "Bullet, I apologize for interrupting your workout but I know the fans would like to hear from you after that heinous attack by Ron Wright's newest acquisition, Kamala last week."

Bullet: "That's quite alright Rick, I've always got time to speak to the great fans out there because without them, none of this matters. First off I wanna say how proud I am of my son Brad, who darn near beat Tully Blanchard for that World title and will without a doubt at some point in the future be the champion of the entire world, that's a promise!"

Stewart: "No question about it, I don't think Tully expected to get taken to the limit by young Brad the way he did……but how are you feeling after that attack, how are the ribs?"

Bullet: "Look, I could lie to you and tell you their fine but you saw me when you walked in….it's a struggle to lift anything….I don't know if you've ever injured your ribs but it's miserable, it's hurts to move, cough, laugh, sleep is nearly impossible but you know what that's fine….because I manage to occupy my mind on those sleepless nights thinking of all the ways I'm going to beat the hell out of Kamala, Ron Wright, and even that Friday guy…..they've all got it coming when I return."

Stewart: "Any time table for your return?"

Bullet: (laughs) "Well Rick, in my mind that's the only advantage I have…..they won't know WHEN I'm coming…they won't know WHERE I'm coming……but they'll damn sure know when I get there!"

(END VTR)

===================

(Blackjack Mulligan comes out to the desk and is met by Charlie Platt)

Platt: "Welcome back to the show Blackjack, you certainly made an impact last week and if it weren't for Don Carson jumping in the ring and getting the Stomper disqualified on purpose, you'd be standing here the Twin States Champion"

BJM: "First off, I wanna say I hope Bob Armstrong heals quickly and I look forward to seeing him soon. As for Don Carson, you're right…..he got the Stomper disqualified on purpose to save his title….well tonight, it's a different story because tonight the title is on the line and it's no DQ!  Tonight, I take the gold home with me."

------------------------------

MATCH #5:

Blackjack Mulligan pinned Mr. Pogo with the iron claw!

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

Brett/Buzz Sawyer w/Ron Wright defeated The Oates Brothers (Jerry/Ted) when Buzz pinned Ted after a flying splash off the top rope.  After the match, Buzz shoved the referee down and pulled his belt off….he placed it around Jerry Oates neck and tossed him over the top rope hanging him….but within a few seconds, "Nightmare" Danny Davis, Wendell Cooley, and Brad Armstrong hit the ring causing the Sawyers and Wright to scatter….Buzz goes to the desk and grabs a mic from Gossett, and screams "Davis, last week I got your partner….tonight I'm going to hang YOU!!"

Platt: "Oh my goodness, we've got to get out of here…..for Ronnie Gossett, I’m Charlie Platt and we'll see you tonight at the Houston County Farm Center!"

© 1985 NWA Twin States Wrestling

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twin States Wrestling

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, AL.

Saturday October 3, 1985

Bell Time 8pm

Bill Ash pinned Larry Hamilton with his feet on the ropes

Lord Humongous defeated Mr. Pogo by submission with the cobra clutch

NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong wrestled Nelson Royal to a 20 minute time limit draw

Big Bubba w/Don Carson pinned Gypsy Joe after a 'big splash'

After the match Bubba gave Joe a splash off the 2nd rope….Carson insisted that he give him two more resulting in Joe being carried out on a stretcher

Ten Man Tag Team Elimination Match

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Brad Armstrong

"Nightmare" Danny Davis

Plowboy Frazier

Cousin Junior

Vs.

Buzz Sawyer

Brett Sawyer

"Sadistic" Steve Strong

Angel of Death

Bota the Witch Doctor

• Brad Armstrong eliminated Angel of Death
  • Buzz Sawyer eliminated Cousin Junior
  • Plowboy Frazier eliminated Bota the Witch Doctor
  • Wendell Cooley eliminated Steve Strong
  • Brett Sawyer eliminated Plowboy Frazier after Buzz hit him with a chair behind the ref's back
  • Buzz Sawyer eliminated Danny Davis
  • Wendell Cooley eliminated Brett Sawyer
  • Buzz Sawyer eliminated Wendell Cooley
  • Brad Armstrong eliminated Buzz Sawyer to be the sole winner

Special Challenge Match

Kamala w/Friday & Ron Wright pinned "Candy Man" Ray Candy after a splash from the top rope, after the match as Kamala and company are leaving as Candy struggles to get back to his feet….he's ambushed by BIG BUBBA who tackles him to the mat and gives him two big splashes of his own until a couple of Candy's friends hit the ring to make the save…..they then struggle to help the big man up and get him back to the dressing room as he clutches his ribs

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Twin States Tag Team Championship

Special Referee: Jerry Brisco

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) defeated The Dream Team (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) w/Luscious Johnny V by DQ when Jimmy Garvin hit the ring from the crowd and attacked special referee Jerry Brisco calling for the automatic DQ…..a wild brawl continued for a few minutes until security and other wrestlers had to come in and to break things up

MAIN EVENT

NWA Twin States Heavyweight Championship

No Disqualification

The Mongolian Stomper w/Don Carson pinned Blackjack Mulligan after Don Carson hit Mulligan in the back of the head with his loaded glove while Mulligan had Stomper in the claw hold

Fantastic moment of silence to start the show. I love the way RPG sets the tone!

Nelson Royal makes a great challenger for Scott Armstrong. They'll give the fans some exciting action for that Junior Title.

I am all in on the Violent Gentleman. You've made them one of my favorite teams in the game, and I've never seen Barnes in real life. Very much looking forward to this feud with Fuller/Golden. Should be quite the back and forth blood bath if I had to guess.

That elimination ten man tag is going to be nuts. The continuation of Sawyers/Nightmares is just going to get more violent, and I have to think that Brad has nowhere to go but up from here, and I look forward to that ride.

Kamala wrecking shit is right where Kamala belongs. Love It! It does sound like he has a date with the Bullet sometime in the future though. That'll be one hell of a fight!

Stomper/Mulligan... No DQ! Oh Hell Yeah!

Buzz Sawyer tries to make some oatmeal, but the babyfaces save the day. Yeah, that 10 man is going to be crazy!!

To the Farm Center!!

Ash cheats to get a nice win in the opener! I almost picked him up. Glad to see him getting a win!

Armstrong/Royal go to a draw. Perfect opening for this feud!

Oh! Looks like Gypsy Joe is all done after two splashes from the Fredphoon!!

Wow! Last week Brad takes the World Champion to the limit, and this week he is the Sole Survivor of the big ten man! I think Mr. Armstrong has big things coming in his future!

Oh No! The Candyman eats a Kamala top rop splash, and two Big Bubba splashes!! He is going to be hurting bad after this one. But I feel like Bubba may have a Chocolate Drop in his future.

JIMMY GARVIN!!! If there was one guy I never expected to see show up and help Fuller/Golden/Johnny V, he would be pretty high on that list! Is he here for Brisco? Is this a new Stud Stable? Was it to screw the Gentleman? I can't wait to see where this goes!!

Mulligan has Stomper dead to rights again, and this time Carson uses the stipulation to get involved and steal the win. I smell a cage match!

As always, Twin States is the place to go for good old fashioned Southern Wrestling!

Great follow up from Rocket Rampage.

LOL, RPG and his second of silence for Jimmy Valiant was such a classic heel move. 

Nelson Royal plays the part of the old vet heel well. 

The Violent Gentlemen might be short but brother they can fight. Johnny V better watch himself or he might get a beating.

Cooley and Brad can easily become the top babyface team here. If they're helping Davis then that means they're going to go at it with the Sawyers. That could be a top dollar feud. 

The Ugandan Headhunter is back in beast mode! Bullet is still recuperating but no doubt he'll be back. Kamala brawling with Bullet will tear the houses down. 

Mulligan is fired up for his rematch with Stomper.

Oh man the Oates take a beating from the Sawyers and it would of been a lot worse if the faces didn't stop it. Great set up for the upcoming 10 man tag.

To the Farm Center,  

Ash comes to town and starts off with a solid win over Hamilton. 

Nelson Royal doesn't take the strap tonight as Scott holds him to a draw. I hope these guys go at it a few more times. I think this program has some legs. 

Big Bubba has a huge night as he sends Gypsy out on a stretcher then later attacks the Candyman. Looks like Bubba wants to be the only big man standing in Twin States. 

Exciting 10 man tag! Brad is getting a big time push and has some serious momentum going. I have a feeling the Sawyers are going to be coming after him and Cooley. 

WOW! Jimmy Jam has arrived! I was wondering where he was LOL. I think losing Precious is going to make him a bit crazy and a crazy Jimmy can be very unpredictable as we saw tonight. Jimmy is such a good fit for Twin States. I cant wait to see what he does here. 

Fans don't go home happy as Stomper puts Mulligan down with a little help from Carson. I'm sure Mulligan wont forget this. No, I would say Mulligan is going to be PISSED! Carson and Stomper better be ready for a real fight. 

As always, great job Gene. Your storylines just flow so well. 

Enjoyed the TV show!  

Nice build up of Brad Arnstrong after his defeat against Tully!

Interesting to see a heel vs heel feud on the South but I am really enjoying Fuller and Golden against The Australians.

Wonder what Thanksgiving will be like at the Valiant's house!

I have a bad feeling that Kamala might just eat the Candy Man.

Brad A and Cooley is a perfect tag team

Looking forward to the Bullet's return

This week at the Houston  County Farm Center...

Awesome debut for Jimmy Garvin!

What a night for the heels.... as Stomper puts down Mulligan... I could just hear the Alabama fans in the parking lot sitting on their tailgates mad as hell.

Twin States Wrestling Episode #13

Saturday October 10, 1985

(Show opens with a montage of classic Southeastern Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance", we then go to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, it's going to be a short show today due to the S.E.C. football game coming up shortly on this station but we're going to squeeze in some great action in the meantime, Ronnie."

RPG: "We certainly are and I'm so excited that my old friend 'Gorgeous' Jimmy Garvin is going to be here today along with Johnny Valiant and the Dream Team of Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden!"

Platt: "That's true….he certainly made a splash coming out of the crowd and attacking Jerry Brisco as he was the special referee in the tag team title match last Saturday."

(Les Thatcher comes out to the desk)

Thatcher: "Guys, I know we usually run down the card for the Houston County Farm Center at the end of the show but since the show is going to be short today, let's run down tonight's card….right now."

---------------------------

Twin States Wrestling

Dothan, AL.

Bell Time 8pm

MAIN EVENT

Don Carson in a cage suspended above the ring

The Mongolian Stomper w/Don Carson

vs.

Blackjack Mulligan

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN GRUDGE MATCH

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes)/Jerry Brisco

vs.

The Dream Team (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden)/Jimmy Garvin w/Johnny V.

Special Challenge Match

Plowboy Frazier w/Cousin Junior

vs.

Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter w/Friday & Ron Wright

Brad Armstrong/Wendell Cooley w/"Nightmare" Danny Davis

vs.

Brett/Buzz Sawyer w/Ron Wright

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship- Return Match

30 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong

vs.

Nelson Royal

Big Bubba w/Don Carson

vs.

Roy Lee Welch

Larry Hamilton

vs.

"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright

Bill Ash

vs.

Pat Rose

--------------------------

RPG: "I got a phone call from Don Carson who is furious about you trying to stick him in a cage and hang him above the ring tonight and he's refused to be here today because of it."

Thatcher: "I'm not TRYING to stick him in a cage, he WILL be in that cage tonight or else the Stomper will be stripped of the title! The show is only thirty minutes today so we better get to some action!"

==================

MATCH #1:

NWA U.S. Jr. Champion Scott Armstrong pinned Eddie Wilson following a super kick

Post Match: Armstrong tells Charlie Platt that Nelson Royal is a great, great wrestler and former World Jr Heavyweight Champion but tonight, no matter how long the time limit is….he's going home the champion!

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #2:

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Luscious Johnny V. defeated Ronnie Jenkins with the brain buster

(Garvin/Valiant joined by Fuller and Golden are called over to the interview area by Ronnie P. Gossett, Garvin hugs Gossett as he approaches)

Garvin: "Ronnie P you look great! Have you lost weight?"

RPG: "Well, I don't like to brag but I have been in the gym a lot lately." (The studio crowd laughs)

Garvin: "What are you geeks laughing at? You can't even spell gym!  Ronnie, it's good to be see you as always and what did you think of the beating I put on that goofy indian last week?"

RPG: "It was great! Lord knows he had it coming!"

Garvin: "He sure did because if it wasn't for him my two best friends right here, the Dream Team would be the Twin States tag team champions….but that's ok because tonight we're going to put a beating on Brisco and his knee high Australian buddies….isn't that Luscious Johnny?"

LJV: "That's the great thing about it Jimmy, they aren't even his buddies…..I doubt they'll even be able to get along enough to make it to the ring together…….much less stand a chance against you guys!"

Fuller: "That's right….I mean what more could you want….you got 'Handsome' Jimmy, 'Gorgeous' Jimmy, 'Luscious' Johnny, and the new 'Tennesse Stud'…it doesn't get any better than that baby, we're going to beat these boys so bad tonight….they aren't going to wanna wrestle us for this belts again, they'll probably just hand them to us at the end of the night!"

Garvin: "You got that right, Stud…..and for any of you lovely ladies out there in tv land….as you can see, ol' Gorgeous Jimmy is single and ready to mingle….so how about some of those beautiful Florida women come across the state line and come see me!

(Platt from over at the desk)

Platt: "Yeah Jimmy, where is Precious?"

Garvin: "Who told you to say that?? We're not talking about her….I foisted her off on Austin Idol, I don't need her anyway, those two deserve each other…..let's go guys this interview is over!"

RPG: "Good going Platt….you idiot….I was having the best interview that's ever been done on this show and as usual…you have screw it up!"

Platt: "My apologies, but we've got one more break and then it's time for our main event."

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #3:

MAIN EVENT

"Nightmare" Danny Davis beat Brett Sawyer w/Ron Wright by DQ  when Buzz Sawyer hit the ring and attacked Davis…..until Brad Armstrong and Wendell Cooley made the save!

© 1985 NWA Twin States Wrestling

Twin States Wrestling

Dothan, AL.

Bell Time 8pm

Bill Ash pinned Pat Rose after a swinging neckbreaker

Larry Hamilton pinned "Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright with a quick small package, after the match the Angel of Death the ring to attack Hamilton who managed to slip out before he anything happened. Hamilton grabbed the microphone and said since Angel and Strong like to tag so much, next week he'll bring a partner and they can have a tag team match, Wright agreed

Big Bubba w/Don Carson pinned Roy Lee Welch after a splash

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship- Return Match

30 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong wrestled Nelson Royal to 30 minute time limit draw

After the match, Royal took the mic and said, "Enough of this…next week I want another shot, 60 minute time limit!"  Armstrong agreed

Brad Armstrong/Wendell Cooley w/"Nightmare" Danny Davis

vs.

A fast paced hard hitting tag team match, at one point Ron Wright tried to get up on the ring apron to interfere but 'Nightmare' Danny Davis cut him off and the referee went over and told them both to leave ringside, while that was happening, Cooley landed a running bulldog on Brett Sawyer and covered him for the pin, Brad ran over to try and get the referee to turn around and count…allowing Buzz Sawyer to come off the top rope with this chain to the back of the head of Cooley, he rolled Brett on top…as the referree finally turned around and counted the 1-2-3!!  Brett/Buzz Sawyer steal the win!!

Special Challenge Match

Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter w/Friday & Ron Wright pinned Plowboy Frazier w/Cousin Junior after a splash off the top rope!  After the match, Cousin Junior came in to check on Frazier but was attacked by Kamala and then followed up with a top rope splash on Junior as well.  As Kamala started to climb the ropes to give him a 2nd top rope splash….'Bad to the Bone' by George Thorogood blasted through the arena as 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong came down the aisle armed with a baseball bat, Kamala climbed down and was led away by Friday and Ron Wright as Armstrong slid into the ring and checked on his fallen friends as he still seemed to favor his ribs as he struggled to get up to his feet after sliding in the ring.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN GRUDGE MATCH

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes)/Jerry Brisco defeated The Dream Team (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden)/Jimmy Garvin w/Johnny V when Brisco pinned Garvin with a school boy roll up as Garvin was distracted by Jimmy Valiant coming to ringside in a neckbrace and sneaking up behind his brother Johnny V and locking him in a sleeper!

MAIN EVENT

Don Carson in a cage suspended above the ring

vs.

Blackjack Mulligan

Tons of shenanigans before this match started as Don Carson tried every way in the world to avoid going in the mini cage to be suspended above the ring, he brought Big Bubba out with him and the Stomper to try and help prevent this from happening but to everyone's surprise, the 'Candyman' Ray Candy appeared at ringside and started exchanging punches with Big Bubba, with Bubba now brawling down the aisle with Candy, Mulligan came around and locked a clawhold on Carson backing him right into the cage which allowed it to be closed and raised up above the ring…..however this allowed Stomper to attack Mulligan from behind and gain the upperhand…..the match was a hard hitting brutal affair and after about 20 minutes of action, Stomper shoved Mulligan into the referee knocking them both down…..Stomper looks up towards the cage and motions to Carson, Carson then drops his infamous loaded black glove down into the ring to the waiting Stomper……Stomper slides the glove on and waits as Mulligan is pulling himself up with the ring ropes as Mulligan gets to his feet he turns around and gets blasted with the loaded glove by the Stomper who tosses the glove to the outside of the ring and then covers Mulligan….the ref is still down so Stomper goes over to try and revive him……unbeknownst to Stomper, Ron Fuller comes down to ringside and grabs the loaded glove and quickly slips it on…..he slids into the ring and taps Stomper on the shoulder who turns around and the Tennessee Stud knocks the Stomper out cold, he pulls off the glove and drops it on the Stomper's chest….then turns and leaves.  Mulligan crawls over and puts his arm across Stomper as the referee finally makes it over to count 1---2---3!  Mullligan wins!! We have a new Twin States Champion!!  As Blackjack gets up, the referee then sees the glove laying on the Stomper's chest…..he grabs it and then looks at Stomper and then Mulligan, while the referee is comtemplating this…the cage has been let down and Carson runs over yelling that Mulligan hit Stomper with the glove…..the referee then goes over and tells the ring announcer he's reversing the decision…..your winner and still champion by DQ is the Mongolian Stomper!   The fans are outraged!! They start booing and throwing things in the ring as Stomper and Carson quickly exit with the championship belt…..to try and prevent a riot from happening, Blackjack grabs the referee and puts him in the clawhold to the delight of the crowd!

WOW!  Dothan was wild this week.  

I could really see the fans going after the ref if Mulligan didn't lock the claw in!

Jimmy V. is back and Johnny better watch his back.  I wonder what Jimmy Garvin will have to say next week on TV.  His interview was great.

Kamala is back to the beast he should be.  Bullet better be careful!

Fantastic Garvin interview! Ronnie losing weight, and "single and ready to mingle" both got a chuckle out of me!

Hamilton better have a good partner to be throwing tag team challenges at A.O.D. and Strong.

I like the angle of having Armstrong and Royal go to a draw at 15, then at 30. Something tells me next week is going to go a little differently

I am loving the Sawyers here in Twin States. The chaos that follows everything they do is wonderful. Now they have two teams pissed off at them, and I expect Buzz couldn't be happier!

Jeebus… Kamala just squashed both the hillbilly's straight on back to Mudlick. Looks like the Bullet is coming back for some revenge though. Judging by those ribs, it might be a bit early.

Oh Man! Now Boogie Woogie is coming for revenge! Johnny V and his boys have a whole mess of people that want to kick their asses! This will be fun to watch!

More shenanigans in the main event, as Blackjack gets screwed out of the belt yet again! Carson and Stomper were smart to run for the hills, and like Kevin said, Mulligan probably saved that refs life by putting him in the Claw!

Good stuff as always Gene. Always looking forward to seeing where the action is going next.

I have to agree with the others, the Jimmy Jam interview was classic! I cracked up when Precious was mentioned and totally ruined Jimmy's mood LOL. 

Another great night of action at the Farm Center, 

Bill Ash has some momentum going. He could be a nice challenger for the Jr. Title.

Cant wait  to find out who Hamilton brings in to fight AOD and Strong. 

I really like this Armstrong/Royal program and seeing that they went 20 minutes, I cant imagine what they will do given a 60 min limit. 

You're right, the Sawyers stole that win. I know Brad and Cooley will be back for more.

Kamala was on a rampage tonight until the BULLET hits the ring with a baseball bat! Even though his ribs are still banged up, Bullet is ready to fight. 

Boogie Woogie Man makes a surprise appearance and gets a little payback as Jimmy Jam gets rolled up for 3. Cant wait to hear what Jimmy has to say about that LOL. 

Another wild and chaotic main event! RON FULLER returns and knocks out Stomper with the glove. Oh man I thought Mulligan had won the title. The reverse decision will be worth it, if we get to see a Mulligan/Fuller alliance. Carson better have an army ready. 

Can't wait for the follow up. 

Twin States Wrestling Episode #14

Saturday October 17, 1985

(Show opens with a montage of classic Southeastern Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi.", we then go to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and joining me as always is the one and only Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "Yes….it's me, it's me, good ol' Ronnie P…..the reason everyone tunes in week in and week out. You're welcome."

Platt: "Well, right to it this week I see.  Fans, despite the fact that Ronnie Gossett is here, we still have a great show in store for you today as we have the television return of the "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller coming up today, we'll also see Jerry Brisco in action in our opening bout plus a huge main event coming up."

RPG: "I'm going to let that little insult pass Charlie Platt because I'm truly excited about this main event today as the team of 'Sadistic' Steve Strong and the Angel of Death along with my good friend Ron Wright will take on the team of Brad Armstrong and 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley."

Platt: "That's going to be a great match….but before we start the show we have some news to discuss with Mr. Les Thatcher so let's bring him out right now."

RPG: "Just when things seemed so promising."

Thatcher: "For the record, Gossett….I'm not happy to see you either.  The first thing I need to announce is a major change where we won't be wrestling here in Dothan every Saturday night anymore. Starting tonight, we'll be in Montgomery and we'll be rotating cities each Saturday, next week we'll be in Huntsville with a big two out of three falls Twin States Tag Team title match with The Violent Gentlemen defending against the Dream Team, on Halloween night we'll be in Birmingham..which I'll talk more about in a moment, but we'll return to the Houston County Farm Center on November 7th.  I'm proud to announce we're going to have a huge show in Birmingham called 'HELLoween' on Saturday October 31st at the Boutwell Auditorium and the first match signed for that will be a 'Ugandan Death Match' as Kamala with Friday and Ron Wright will take on 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong who will be cleared to wrestle by his Doctors as of October 30…and what a first match to have coming back from an injury."

RPG: "Ok, Thatcher…..since you won't tell me anything off the air, I'm going to call you out here on television….does the sudden change in scheduling have anything to do with the rumors that we're being bought out??"

Thatcher: "Gossett, this really isn't the place for this but since you brought it up here……all I can say is, we're not being bought out, but we're going to be taking on a partner and with that partnership will come some changes and yes, the schedule change is the first of those changes….this new partnership will take effect on November 1st, and I'll have more details about this next week as well as more matches to announce for HELLoween!"

===================

MATCH #1:

Jerry Brisco defeated Sammy Hall by submission with a figure four leglock

(Rick Stewart approaches Brisco afterwards)

Stewart: "Jerry, we've got some pre-recorded comments from Jimmy Garvin and his buddies, I'd like to show you this video and get your response."

(VTR- Jimmy Garvin, Johnny Valiant, Robert Fuller, and Jimmy Golden are standing in front of a Twin States Wrestling banner)

Garvin: "Ya know, you think when you break somebody's neck you don't have to worry about them showing up to interfere in your match but Johnny, apparently this stupid brother of your's doesn't know when to quit."

Valiant: "My brother Jimmy has always been the disgrace of our family….he lives on the street and hasn't got the sense God gave a rat….he's a blooming idiot but that's just fine, we'll take care of him once and for all, you just focus on Brisco and I'll handle my brother!"

Fuller: "Speaking of stupid brothers who don't know when to quit, my brother Ron decided to show back up last week and mess with the Mongolian Stomper and ultimately cost Flapjack Mulligan the title, so hopefully those two will beat each other to death because if I have to get my hands on him there will be no doubt that I'm the one and only Tennessee Stud and the best wrestler in our family."

Garvin: "That's right, baby….and Charlie Platt, I'll be back in that studio next week and I better not hear you mention a word about….you know who!  If so, I'm going to put a worse beating on you that the one I'm going to put on Jerry Brisco this week….Brisco, I'm putting you out to pasture, Chief….you career ends in Montgomery…and remember…it's NOT MY FAULT!"

(END VTR)

Brisco: (Laughs) "You know Rick, I'm not really sure how much longer I'll be stepping between those ropes but you can bet your bottom dollar it will take a lot more than some sissy like Jimmy Garvin to end my career that I can guarantee.

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #2:

TNT/Bota the Witch Doctor defeated Eddie Wilson/Warren Demontague when Bota pinned Wilson after the headbutt from the 2nd turnbuckle

===================

(Charlie Platt welcomes "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller out to the interview area)

Platt: "Ron, welcome back and first of all how's that shoulder?"

Fuller: "Well, the shoulder is far from one hundred percent, I'll be perfectly honest but I just couldn't sit at home any longer, I was ready to come back and get my rematch for the Twin States Championship."

(Ronnie Gossett chimes in from the desk)

RPG: "Are you sure you didn't come back because your brother Robert let everybody in on the secret that HE'S the REAL Tennessee Stud…and more importantly you didn't want Blackjack Mulligan to win the title?"

Fuller: "Now you listen here, Fatso and you listen good.  I don't know what the hell has gotten into my goofy brother and my cousin and believe me….I'll deal with them in due time…..but I would much rather compete against somebody like Blackjack Mulligan than that Mongolian Stomper but my only intentions for coming out there during their match last Satuday night was to keep the Stomper from stealing the victory over Mulligan."

(Blackjack Mulligan strolls out to the interview area as the crowd cheers)

BJM: "That might have been your intentions but it sure as hell didn't work out that way, did it?"

(Before Fuller can respond, Ronnie Gossett interjects again)

RPG: "It certainly didn't…..and here's another little fun fact you may not know, Mulligan.  I was given a letter this morning when I arrived at the studio informing me that SOMEBODY has anonymously placed a $10,000 bounty payable to anyone that can injure you and put you out of Twin States Wrestling….and might I remind everyone that last year in Southeastern, a bounty was placed on Bob Armstrong and we eventually found out it was that man standing across from you….Ron Fuller that put up the bounty and then when it came time to pay he wouldn't pay the guy. So, it's already been established that how this gutless Ron Fuller tries to handle is problems, by putting bounties on people." (Mulligan starts rubbing his chin)

Fuller: "Now just hold up a minute there, fatty!  Yes, I did put up a bounty on Bob Armstrong last year and that's a fact I'm not proud of but a fact none the less.  I haven't put any bounty on anybody now, and if I did it darn sure wouldn't be on Blackjack Mulligan,"

Mulligan: "Ok Fuller, if not you….then who did put the bounty on me?"

Fuller: "How do we even know there's really a bounty on you? You can't listen to that fat slob Ronnie Gossett!"

(Don Carson comes out to the desk with Gossett across the way from the interview area, he's joined by Mongolian Stomper and Big Bubba)

Carson: "Oh it's true Mulligan, it's most certainly true, I got the very same letter and I plan on collecting that money!"

Fuller: "Carson, how the hell do we know YOU didn't put the bounty on him?"

Carson: "If I put the bounty on him, I wouldn't have just spent money to sign my newest wrestler who is going to collect that ten grand tonight in Montgomery…and it's this man…LORD HUMONGOUS!"

(Humongous makes his way out to the desk and stands beside Don Carson)

Mulligan: "At this point, I don't know who to believe….or who to trust….but you can BOTH trust and believe this, whoever walks out of there tonight with that belt….I'm coming for ya…I'm going to be the Twin States Champion and nobody is going to stop me…now if you'll excuse me…I've got a match."

-------------------------

MATCH #3:

Blackjack Mulligan defeated The Intern by DQ when Lord Humongous hit the ring and attacked him accompanied by Don Carson until Ron Fuller ran in and made the save

===============

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===============

(Ron Wright and the Sawyers approach Ronnie Gossett at ringside before they get in the ring for their match)

Wright: "Did I hear somebody say there's ten thousand dollar bounty Blackjack Mulligan?"

RPG: "You sure did."

Wright: "Hmm interesting." (Buzz snatches the mic away)

Buzz: "I'm not concerned with Blackjack Mulligan or the money right now…..right now I'm livid because we beat Brad Armstrong and Wendell Cooley last week….fair and square….we've got to face them again tonight and this time Ron Wright has to be handcuffed to one of those Nightmares!  Well listen, we already retired the mustache Nightmare, whatever his name is….and tonight we may just do the same to the leftover Nightmare….but more importantly than that….Armstrong and Cooley, you're going to wish you would have let last week's beating be good enough….tonight…it's going to be much worse than last week, I promise you that!!"

Wright: "Before we go, Ronnie….so ol' Larry Hamilton says he's going to have his partner with him today here in the studio…..well, you two take a look at what happens to Armstrong and Cooley here today and that's just a sample of what we have in store for you tonight!"

======================

MATCH #4:

Brett/Buzz Sawyer w/Ron Wright defeated Bad Boy Burns/Ronnie Jenkins when Buzz pinned Jenkins with a splash off the top rope

======================

Charlie runs down the card for tonight in Montgomery:

Twin States Wrestling

Civic Center

Montgomery, AL.

Bell Time 8pm

MAIN EVENT

Twin States Heavyweight Championship

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Return Tag Team Match

Ron Wright will be handcuffed to "Nightmare" Danny Davis at ringside

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Brett/Buzz Sawyer

$10,000 Bounty Match

Blackjack Mulligan

vs.

Lord Humongous w/Don Carson

Grudge Match

Jerry Brisco w/Jimmy Valiant

vs.

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Johnny Valiant

Tag Team Challenge Match

Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin

vs.

Steve Strong/Angel of Death w/Ron Wright

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship

60 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong

vs.

Nelson Royal

TNT/Bota the Witch Doctor

vs.

Shane Douglas/Frankie Lancaster

Rematch

Pat Rose

vs.

Bill Ash

(Card Subject to Change)

=====================

MATCH #5:

Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin defeated Roy Munson/Randy Watson when Austin pinned Watson with a fist drop from the 2nd turnbuckle

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Sadistic" Steve Strong/Angel of Death w/Ron Wright when The Sawyers hit the ring and attacked Armstrong/Cooley….however Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin quickly ran in and evened the odds as the show was going off the air

© 1985 Twin States Wrestling

Twin States Wrestling

Civic Center

Montgomery, AL.

Bell Time 8pm

Rematch

Pat Rose pinned Bill Ash with a backslide

TNT/Bota the Witch Doctor w/Don Carson defeated Shane Douglas/Frankie Lancaster when Bota pinned Lancaster after a diving headbutt off the 2nd rope……After the match, Don Carson grabs the mic and says that he's taken on Bota and TNT into his stable and that Bota as the former U.S. Jr Champion should be the one wrestling Scott Armstrong for the title and not Nelson Royal who has more title shots recently than Bota and just because he's a Witch Doctor, doesn't mean he should be treated unfairly by the promoter!

U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship

60 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong and Nelson Royal wrestled to a 'No Contest' in 42 minutes an 21 seconds when Bota the Witch Doctor and TNT led by Don Carson hit the ring and attacked both men who were both quite wore down after such a long match and were left laying by Carson's new acquisitions

Tag Team Challenge Match

Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin defeated Steve Strong/Angel of Death w/Ron Wright when Austin pinned AOD with a sunset flip…..Wright was livid and stormed off while Strong was questioning AOD

Grudge Match

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Johnny Valiant pinned Jerry Brisco w/Jimmy Valiant with a school boy roll up and a handful of tights when Brisco was distracted by the fact Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden came down to ringside and was threatening to attack the still injured Jimmy Valiant

$10,000 Bounty Match

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Lord Humongous w/Don Carson by DQ when Big Bubba/Bota/TNT all hit the ring and attack Mulligan, they beat on Mulligan 4 on 1 in hopes of injuring Mulligan and collecting the bounty but before too much damage could be done Ron Fuller and Ray Candy hit the ring to make the save but the 4 on 3 started to get the better of them and soon the Mongolian Stomper came in to make it 5 on 3, suddenly here comes Ron's brother Robert Fuller, along with his cousin Jimmy Golden, and Jimmy Garvin running down the aisle….but stop short when they get to the ring and start pointing and laughing at Ron getting beat on in the ring…..Jerry Brisco comes running down and rushes all three of them, he gets some good punches in before the numbers overcome him and the trio beats him down and leaves him laying on the floor as the same thing has happened in the ring to Ron Fuller/Blackjack/Ray Candy.  As Ron Fuller rolls out of the ring to the floor…..Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Jimmy Garvin turn their attention to him and attack him as well ramming his previously injured shoulder into the ringpost twice, finally prompting Brad Armstrong/Wendell Cooley/Danny Davis who were busy preparing for their match to finally get wind of what's happening and charge down to ringside with steel chairs followed by Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin who like they just came out of the showers wearing shorts and flip flops with chairs as well causing all the heels to finally retreat. Cooley tries to help up Ron Fuller who is clutching his shoulder which was the injury that's kept him out for the past several weeks, Ray Candy is holding his ribs as he exits the ring and Blackjack Mulligan's head is busted wide open.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Return Tag Team Match

Ron Wright will be handcuffed to "Nightmare" Danny Davis at ringside

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Brett/Buzz Sawyer when the referee was distracted by Ron Wright trying to get uncuffed from Danny Davis, which allowed 'Nightmare' Ken Wayne to run in and hit Buzz Sawyer with his own chain allowing Cooley to cover him as the referee turned back around counted 1-2-3!

MAIN EVENT

vs.

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

Les Thatcher came down and said the match will have to be a forfeit as Ron Fuller's shoulder has been reinjured and there's no way he can compete…..but as he was saying that, the spotlight turned to the aisle and out came Ron Fuller with his shoulder heavily bandaged…..Fuller told Thatcher, "Ring that damn bell, Stomper ain't getting off that easy!" 

The bell rang and Fuller entered the ring and caught Stomper with some kicks to the stomach and he briefly had the Stomper rocked until the Stomper finally just headbutted the shoulder of Fuller numerous times until he crumbled to the mat…..Stomper then proceeded to start stomping on the shoulder of Fuller over and over until Les Thatcher came running back down to ringside and demanded the match be stopped.  Your winner due to stoppage and still the Twin States Champion, The Mongolian Stomper

Gossett starting the show off strong by being wonderful!

Thatcher announcing several big matches for the next few weeks! and a new partnership? Hmmm......

Loved the Garvin/Valiant/Dream Team promo. Flapjack Mulligan got a legit chuckle out of me.

Great segment with Ron Fuller and Mulligan. Love Gossett stirring the spot (from far away of course) and bringing up the old bounty. Carson showing up with the Humongous! is just the icing on the cake. Be interesting to find out who is after Blackjack.

Buzz Sawyer not caring enough to know the Nightmares by name, just by facial hair, is pretty much perfect Buzz Sawyer.

Norvell is a great partner for Hamilton!

Big Schmozz in the main event leads us into Montgomery!!

Boo on Savio Vega and Rasta the.... Papa Sha.....Bota interfering before Armstrong and Royal could go the full hour! I will be rooting for Armstrong and Royal in next week's tag match!

Big win for Norvell/Hamilton right off the bat as they get one over on A.O.D. and Strong!!

Jimmy Garvin takes advantage of the distraction and pins Brisco! I figure Brisco will be looking for a rematch, but if I know Jimmy, he won't be looking to give it to him!

Holy Shit! The bounty match turns into a clusterfuck as damn near the entire locker room clears out and brawls! That ten grand is going to make things real interesting here in Twin States!

Uh-Oh! The mustache Nightmare is back! Buzz isn't going to be happy about this!! I smell another Sawyers/Nightmares blood bath coming!! That makes me happy!

The Stomper is a bad dude, but his title reign is going a little too easy. One of these weeks he is going to have to wrestle someone at full strength!!

Good stuff as always dude! Looking forward to seeing more!

A Ugandan Death match between Kamala and Bullet is the perfect match for an event named HELLoween. 

Big things going down in Twin States with a partnership coming. Very interesting. 

LOL, Garvin drops the classic "It's not my fault" line. Love it! 

I like the crazy TNT/Bota pairing. 

In a place like Twin States, Mulligan better have eyes in the back of his head with that bounty placed on him. 

Glad Norvell found a good home and partner with Hamilton. 

Things are getting heated between the Sawyers and Cooley/Armstrong. 

To Montgomery,   

Rose gets a nice payback win over Ash.

I really liked the Armstrong/Nelson program and thought it would get resolved with a 60 min time limit but no, TNT and Bota spoil everything and give both men a beating. I'm sure Nelson and Armstrong will put aside their differences for some revenge. 

Hamilton and Norvell are off to a great start with a win over AOD and Strong. Looks like trouble in the Wright Army.

Jimmy Jam wins this round over Brisco. Things will be different once Boogie Woogie man is healthy. 

All hell breaks loose in the bounty match as basically everyone in the locker room gets involved! Heels come out on top...tonight. 

LOL, the Nightmares are getting the better of Wright. I'm sure the Sawyers aren't done. 

Poor Ron Fuller, he just can't catch a break in title matches. After that beat down by Stomper, who knows how long he'll be out.  Carson will be doing some bragging next week on TV. 

HELLoween is going to be nuts! 

Awesome TV show right from the get go! Platt, RPG and Thatcher are great together.

Garvin and Brisco is a great feud here and I get wait to see the end game here.

Love the way you set up the bounty on Mulligan as it could be anyone.

We got Fullers upset with each other.  We got Valiants upset at each other.  This is like a bad family soap opera that we just can't stop watching.

And if that is not enough, we get the news of a new partnership and a huge card on Hell-o-ween.  The Bullet in a Ugandan Death match is priceless.

I thought the entire card in Montgomery was golden!  I mean where else can Blackjack Mulligan vs Lord Humongous and a $10,000 bounty not even be could enough for the Semi-Main event!

And that Main Event.... WOW... What chaos!  I thought the police were coming 

Twin States Wrestling Episode #15

Saturday October 23, 1985

(Show opens with a montage of classic Southeastern Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi.", we then go to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and I'm joined as always by the one and only, Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "What a night it was in Montgomery last Saturday night, Platt.  My good buddy, 'Gorgeous' Jimmy Garvin pinned Jerry Brisco, the Mongolian Stomper defeated the 'Tennessee Dud' Ron Fuller, it was a great night!"

Platt: "Well, you may be the only who feels that way after the fiasco that took place at the end of the bounty match that saw Ron Fuller get injured which led to him being defeated by the Stomper."

RPG: "Fuller was going to lose either way…..now one thing I did find disgusting was the fact that Ken Wayne interfered and caused the Sawyers to lose to Wendell Cooley and Brad Armstrong."

RPG: "For pete's sake, can we ever open a show without you coming out here to interject something?"

Thatcher: "Not today Gossett…..just not today.  Charlie, I'm out here a little early to make an announcement.  I promised you last week that I was going to give some insight into who the new business partner is going to be here in Twin States and after everything that went on last Saturday night, I met with this person and told him I felt like things were getting out of control and that I needed some advice.  So, with that being said….I'm just going to come right out and tell you who the new partner is going to be and then I'm going to tell you what his advice was…..so the announcement is that Jerry Jarrett is becoming a 50/50 partner in Twin States Wrestling."

RPG: "Jerry Jarrett??? You've got to be kidding me!"

Thatcher: "Funny you should say that because his first piece of advice was to fire you!"

RPG: "Fire me?  What have I ever done except draw massive ratings and provide expert color analysis on the matches here?"

Thatcher: "We're just going to leave that alone for the time being, I've got bigger fish to fry…well, that's probably not the best phrase to use…anyhow.   We signed the paperwork and Jerry handed me a check this week and as of November 1st, he becomes a fifty percent business partner in Twin States and we as a promotion officially become a part of the USWA…..which will bring about a few changes but we'll address that next week, let's get to tonight.  Due to all the craziness that took place last Saturday, he suggested I do the following in the interest of calming things down and preventing all this interference.  Tonight, Johnny Valiant and Jimmy Garvin are barred from the building in Huntsville so we can get a clear winner in the Twin States Tag Team title match…however also barred from the building will be Blackjack Mulligan to prevent anyone from trying to collect the bounty while he's hurt.  Also barred tonight are Ron Fuller, Mongolian Stomper, Jimmy Valiant, Jerry Brisco, Kamala, Bob Armstrong, and anyone who isn't specifically booked in a match tonight!"

RPG: "I'm not booked in a match tonight, so am I barred from the building?"

Thatcher: "Yes, you are! (Gossett slaps the desk in anger)  Now, last week I announced that we'll see 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong against Kamala in a 'Ugandan Death Match' next week at HELLoween in Birmingham….there will be a lot more great matches on the card but they won't be announced until right here next week but I promise you will want to go ahead and get your tickets now because it's going to be an insane night of action at the Boutwell Auditorium!"

Platt: "Wow, that's all a lot to process so let's go to the ring for some action."

=======================

MATCH #1:

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Johnny V & Jimmy Garvin defeated Randy Watson/Buster Scruggs when Golden pinned Scruggs after a spike piledriver

(Post Match: Ronnie Gossett joins Fuller/Golden/Valiant/Garvin in the interview area)

RPG: "Did you hear what Thatcher just announced?? Jerry Jarrett is going to be part owner and now you two are barred from the building tonight??"

JV: "You know, I used to just assume that Thatcher was an idiot but going into business with Jerry Jarrett just proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt….and where does he get off barring me and 'Gorgeous' Jimmy from the building tonight?? This is outragous!! The biggest night in my tag team's career and their manager and best friend in the world can't be there? This is a travesty wrapped in an outrage!"

Garvin: "Ronnie, you know what this is…..Thatcher is mad because I pinned Jerry Brisco last week fair and square right in the middle of that ring!" (Platt interupts from the desk)

Platt: "Come on Jimmy, you know you only managed to roll up Brisco because he was distracted by Johnny attacking Jimmy Valiant and you also used a handful of tights!"

Garvin: "Charlie Platt…you are this close (holds up his thumb and index finger) to getting punched right in your stupid face…..do you realize that?  Is that what you want is to get punched in your dumb face…because interupting 'Gorgeous' Jimmy is how you get punched in your dumb, stupid face!"

Platt: "That's not what I want….but if you did punch me in the face you would get banned from television and that would just be precious…"

Garvin: "Are you kidding me?? Did you really just say that name?? Did you really just mention Precious again?? That's it I'm gonna…" (Fuller/Golden have to grab Garvin)

Fuller: "Now hold on there a minute, Jimbo….you don't wanna do anything you'll regret….you're the reason these people tune in every week. Charlie Platt is obviously a friend of that Austin Idol and besides punching his ugly face could only improve his looks."

Golden: "Exactly, Charlie Platt ain't worth your time baby, and speaking of not worth your time…neither is ol' what's her name….you could go to the local truck stop and find a better woman than her…." (Garvin shoves Golden)

Garvin: "What the hell did you just say!?!" (Golden cocks his fist back as Fuller jumps between them)

Fuller: "Come on guys take it easy now….let's get focused on what's important….the most important thing is winning those belts tonight from Chip and Dale, those little Australian midgets….the next most important thing is we laid a beating on my stupid brother last week and made sure he didn't win the Twin States belt!" (Garvin storms off as Valiant chases behind him)

Golden: "That's fine, he'll calm down back there."

Fuller: "Like I said, Ronnie….the most important thing is we're going to win those belts tonight and in the meantime, ol' Garvin is going to get over being lovesick about Austin Idol takin' his old lady and focus on the matters at hand."

RPG: "That's right, he's my good friend but those women are nothing but trouble."

Platt: "Let's go to break."

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

(Charlie Platt runs down tonight's card in Huntsville)

Twin States Wrestling

Von Braun Center

Huntsville, AL.

Saturday October 24, 1985

Bell Time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

Two out of Three Falls

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes)

vs.

The Dream Team (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden)

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE MATCH

"Candy Man" Ray Candy

vs.

Big Bubba w/Don Carson

Four Corners #1 Contenders Match

Winners get at Tag Title Shot at HELLoween

The Assassins

vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Brad Armstrong

vs.

The Sawyers (Brett/Buzz) w/Ron Wright

vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

Scott Armstrong

vs.

TNT w/Don Carson

Norvell Austin

vs.
"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright

Nelson Royal

vs.

Bota the Witch Doctor w/Don Carson

Larry Hamilton

vs.

Angel of Death w/Ron Wright

Chris/Mark Youngblood

vs.

Bill Ash/Carl Fergie

========================

MATCH #2:

Nelson Royal defeated Frank Reynolds by submission with a 'Boston Crab

Post match Royal tells Rick Stewart that tonight he's seeking revenge on Bota the Witch Doctor for sticking his nose in this title match last Saturday and once he takes care of him, it's back to the business of getting that Jr championship belt away from Scott Armstrong!

=========================

MATCH #3:

Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin defeated The Interns when Austin pinned Intern #2 after a swinging neckbreaker

Austin/Hamilton go over to the desk….Norvell tells Charlie Platt that since "Ron Wright's boys couldn't handle us in a tag match, they think they can divide and conquer….well we're going to kick their butts in singles matches just like we did in the tag last week!"

==========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

Big Bubba w/Don Carson defeated "Big" Tom Dugan after a "big splash"

Post match: Gossett goes to ringside and interviews Don Carson, Carson says that tonight Big Bubba will finish what he started with the 'Candy Man'! Carson goes on to say that when Mulligan shows his face again the Stomper will be looking to collect that bounty money!

MATCH #5:

The Assassins (#1/#2) defeated George South/Sammy Hall when Assassin #1 pinned Hall after a powerslam

The Assassins storm the desk and say they are tired of being overlooked and that tonight they will beat three other teams to earn another shot at the titles and there will be no stopping them this time!

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT
"Candy Man" Ray Candy pinned Mr. Pogo after the "Chocolate Drop"

As Candy started dancing and celebrating his victory, Big Bubba tried to blindside him but Candy side stepped him and then followed it up with an avalanche in the corner…..Bubba did face bump and rolled out of the ring clutching his ribs….as Candy resumed his dance to the delight of the studio audience!

© 1985 Twin States Wrestling

Twin States Wrestling

Von Braun Center

Huntsville, AL.

Saturday October 24, 1985

Bell Time: 8pm

Chris/Mark Youngblood defeated Bill Ash/Carl Fergie when Mark pinned Fergie after a tomahawk chop off the top rope

Angel of Death w/Ron Wright pinned Larry Hamilton after a distraction from Wright

Nelson Royal defeated Bota the Witch Doctor w/Don Carson by DQ when Bota threw a fireball at Royal burning his face prompting Scott Armstrong to run down to the ring to make the save

Norvell Austin pinned "Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright when Strong tried to give Austin the 'inverted piledriver' but Austin slipped over his shoulder and pinned him with a school boy roll up

Scott Armstrong pinned TNT w/Don Carson with a backslide…..as soon as the bell rang, Bota the Witch Doctor hit the ring and tried to throw a fireball at Armstrong who managed to duck out of the way causing referee Mac McMurray to get hit with the fireball instead!

Four Corners #1 Contenders Match

Winners get at Tag Title Shot at HELLoween

The Assassins

vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Brad Armstrong

vs.

The Sawyers (Brett/Buzz) w/Ron Wright

vs.

As the Nightmares were coming down the aisle for the match, they were attacked from behind by Brett/Buzz Sawyer……they brawled for several minutes in the aisle and towards the back of the arena…it took security and local law enforcement to restore order.  Les Thatcher came to ringside and declared that since every time the Sawyers and Nightmares get around each other "all hell breaks loose", he's removing them from tonight's match and signing a STEEL CAGE MATCH for next Saturday's HELLoween event in Birmingham!

So now it becomes.......

#1 Contender's Match for the Twin States Tag Titles

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Brad Armstrong defeated the Assassins (#1/#2) when Cooley pinned #1 after a running bulldog

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Grudge Match

"Candy Man" Ray Candy defeated Big Bubba w/Don Carson by count out

MAIN EVENT

Two out of Three Falls

vs.

The Dream Team (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden)

1st Fall: Barnes pinned Golden with a small package

2nd Fall: Fuller pinned Barnes after kicking him in the head with his "loaded boot"

3rd Fall: Dundee pinned Fuller with his "Bombs Away" sit down splash off the top rope

The Violent Gentlemen retain the Twin States tag team championships

Another week, and RPG has me laughing from the get go....

"For pete's sake, can we ever open a show without you coming out here to interject something?"

Wonderful!

Heyyy!! Welcome to the USWA!

Thatcher and Jarrett laying down the law as pretty much everyone but the fans are barred from the building in Huntsville!

Awesome segment with Garvin/Valiant/Fuller/Golden/Platt/RPG. This whole group could explode at any moment, and with Platt "unintentionally" egging them on, they keep getting closer. I hope Precious is going to show up here at some point to send things over the edge!

Nice win for Royal, and the image of Nelson vs Bota is hilarious to me as the most plain wrestler ever takes on a Witch Doctor. Sorry, had to share.

Digging the pairing of Austin and Hamilton. Though I think they need a team name!

Big win for The Candy Man in the main event! Evan an attempted sneak attack by the dastardly Big Steelphoon couldn't stop the dancing!

On to Huntsville!!

Even with half the roster barred from the building, shit is getting crazy early as A.O.D. picks up a win from outside interference, and Bota burns Nelson Royal with a fireball!!

Good Lord, then two matches later, a referee gets fireballed!! I have a feeling that Bota will be getting fined or suspended!!  We aren't even at intermission yet!

OH YEAH! Sawyers vs Nightmares in the cage! Things are gonna get bloody in Birmingham!!

Cooley and Armstrong become #1 contenders, and that should lead to an exciting match or feud with whoever ends up with the tag belts. Love this team.

Candy Man picks up another win! Another title shot just might be in his future!!

Somehow the main event ends up being the least insane thing to happen since the opener, and The Gentleman retain! VG vs Brad/Cooley should be awesome!

Really enjoyed the opening this week to the TV show.  So well written.  Thatcher and Jarrett together is going to be fun to watch.

Please don't fire RPG... he is an awesome read!

Wow... I almost feel bad for Jimmy Garvin... It seems like he is really missing his poor Precious.

Even with so many people barred from the building, Huntsville is going to be an awesome show.

Jerry Jarrett and the USWA welcomes Twin States! Looking forward to the partnership. 

LOL, Jarrett's influence comes quick as half the roster is banned from Huntsville's card.  

I'm sensing that Jimmy Jam really misses Precious especially after that comment by Golden. 

Great way to end the show with the Candy Man getting the better of Big Bubba. 

Youngblood's have arrived! 

Royal's plans for the Jr. Title might be on hold after getting the fireball. 

Norvell is rolling in Twin States. 

The fireballs are going crazy tonight. Man, that poor Ref. 

Sawyers and Nightmares in a cage...OH YEA! 

Cooley and Armstrong put down the Assassins to earn a title shot. These guys have been red hot and could end up with the belts! 

Candy Man once again gets the better of Bubba and I'm sure Bubba and Carson will be back for more. 

Solid tag title main event that gives the fans their money's worth with 3 falls. Violent Gentlemen retain. I'm liking this title reign. 

Hey, finally getting my show posted on time for once!! I've got a lot going on today but I'll get back on tomorrow after work to read shows and leave feedback. Thanks!

========================================

Twin States Wrestling Episode #16

Saturday October 31, 1985

(Show opens with a montage of classic Southeastern Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi.", we then go to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett who are celebrating Halloween as Charlie Platt is dressed as a vampire and Gossett is dressed as a werewolf, the camera quickly pans over to the ring to reveal ring announcer Rick Stewart dressed as Frankenstein)

Platt: "Happy Halloween, wrestling fans and welcome to Twin States Wrestling….I'm your host Charlie Platt but today you can call me, Count Plattula!"

RPG: "Oh lord….I've heard it all now, Count Plattula??"

Platt: "That's right and this is my co-host Chewbacca."

RPG: "Platt, you goof….I'm not Chewbacca, I'm obviously a werewolf."

Platt: "My apologies……..to Chewbaccas and werewolves everywhere."

RPG: "Is today the day I'm going to have slap you down Charlie Platt?  I'm in just the kind of mood to do that!"

Platt: "Alright, take it easy now Ronnie…..we have a great Halloween episode of Twin States Wrestling today here on television and we have a whale of a card coming up in Birmingham tonight for HELLoween!"

RPG: "That's true, I understand that since the Twin States title will not be defended tonight in Birmingham, the Mongolian Stomper will defend it here today on television against Dirty Rhodes."

Platt: "That's right a very rare Twin States championship match today here in on television, we'll also hear from Les Thatcher about tonight's card and more details on Twin States become a part of the USWA and we'll hear from Jerry Jarrett via video tape as well."

RPG: "Before we get started, I just want to complain about the fact that Bota the Witch Doctor has been suspended."

Platt: "Of course Bota has been suspended, he not only threw a fireball and burn his opponent Nelson Royal, he also burned referee Mac MacMurray…so yes, he's been both fined and suspended for those actions and rightfully so."

RPG: "Well, the man who is benefitting from those actions is Bill Ash as he will challenge Scott Armstrong for the Jr heavyweight championship tonight in Birmingham and in fact I think he's about to be in action right now."

Platt: "He is indeed so let's go to the ring and see Mr. Ash in action and then we'll get some comments on tonight's match for the newly christened USWA Southern Jr. heavyweight championship."

=====================

MATCH #1:

Bill Ash defeated Roy Munson by submission with an Indian Deathlock

After the match, Ash tells Rick Stewart that he's added a new hold, the Indian Deathlock which as you could see is very effective and that tonight Scott Armstrong will fall victim to it and he will become the new champion and travel across the USWA defending the title.

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

(As we return from commercial the Jermaine Jackson hit song 'Dynamite' is playing in the studio as the team of Larry Hamilton and Norvell Austin come out wearing matching red tights and black boots with matching black shiny jackets with 2 red sticks of dynamite exploding on the back!)

MATCH #2:

The Dynamite Duo (Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin) defeated George South/The Intern when Austin pinned the Intern after a double suplex

Post match- The newly christened Dynamite Duo approach Charlie Platt and compliment his costume and say that tonight they are going to put down Ron Wright's team of Angel of Death and Steve Strong once and for all and then their goal is the Twin States tag team titles and eventually they would love to get a shot at the USWA Tag Team titles currently held by the Karachi Vice.

=====================

MATCH #3:

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated Sammy Hall with a sleeper hold in just under a minute

Rick Stewart approaches Armstrong after the match and asks if he's healed up for tonight's Ugandan Death Match against Kamala. Armstrong says even if his health was 100%, no one could truly be prepared for this sort of match against a beast like Kamala because for one, he has no idea what a Ugandan Death match is and for two, Kamala is one of the most brutal montsters he's ever stepped in the ring with…."but Kamala, ready or not here I come big man, you best be ready to kill me to stop me!"

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

(VTR: Jerry Jarrett is standing in front of a USWA banner)

Jarrett: "Hello Twin States fans, I'm Jerry Jarrett and I just wanted to take a moment to welcome all of you and the staff of Twin States Wrestling to the USWA!  Now that Twin States is part of the USWA, you will no longer recognize the NWA World Championship, but rather the USWA World Heavyweight Championship currently held by Jerry 'the King' Lawler. Your title formerly known as the NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship currently held by Scott Armstrong will now be known as the USWA Southern Jr. Heavyweight Championship and will defended throughout the USWA. I hope to attend some shows in Alabama and Mississippi very soon and get to know all you great fans in the area.  I hope everyone makes their way out to the Boutwell Auditorium tonight for the huge HELLoween card and I'll be back next week with more news concerning Twin States joining the USWA, me becoming a part owner of the company, as well as Twin States involvement in the big WrestleStorm 2 event coming up in December."

(END VTR)

--------------------------------

(When we return to the desk, Les Thatcher has now joined Platt and Gossett)

Platt: "Les, we just heard from Jerry Jarrett with a couple of announcements regarding Twin States joining the USWA, specifically the fact that the NWA World Championship currently held by Tully Blanchard will no longer be recognized by Twin States and that the USWA title will be which is currently held by Jery 'the King' Lawler."

Thatcher: "That’s correct which I'm sure is good news for Tully Blanchard who nearly lost that title to Brad Armstrong recently, we're currently working on scheduling some USWA World title defenses here in the Twin States area but right now I'd like to talk about tonight's HELLoween event.  Of course it's already been announced that the Bullet will be facing Kamala in a Ugandan Death Match and last Saturday night I announced that the Nightmares will face off against Brett and Buzz Sawyer in a steel cage match!"

Platt: : "That's true and the fans are super excited about that addition for sure."

Thatcher: "Well I had also signed an eight man tag team match with Blackjack Mulligan, Ron Fuller, Jerry Brisco, and Jimmy Valiant taking on Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden,  Jimmy Garvin, and Johnny Valiant but as of this morning Ron Fuller's Doctor has not cleared him to compete due to injuries suffered by the attack from the Dream Team and his match that followed with the Mongolian Stomper so with that in mind, I've been forced to change tonight's match into a six man tag team match with Mulligan, Brisco, and Valiant against Fuller, Golden, and Garvin. As a result of winning the number one contender's match Brad Armstrong and Wendell Cooley will challenge the Violent Gentlemen for the Twin States tag team championship.  Also, due to Big Bubba getting himself counted out last week, tonight's match is going to be a lumberjack match, when presented with this Ron Wright demanded it also be a 'loser leaves town match' which Ray Candy quickly accepted.  It's going to be a huge night tonight but I'll get us back to the ring for some more action."

Platt: "I'll run down the entire card following this tag team match."

MATCH #4:

Angel of Death/"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright defeated Chris/Mark Youngblood when Strong made Chris submit with a full nelson

=====================

(Charlie Platt runs down tonight's huge card in Birmingham)

Twin States Wrestling

Presents

HELLoween

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL.

Bell Time: 7pm

Roy Lee Welch

vs.

TNT w/Don Carson

USWA Southern Junior Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong

vs.

Bill Ash

The Dynamite Duo (Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin)

vs.

Angel of Death/"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright

Lumberjack Loser Leaves Town Match

"Candy Man" Ray Candy

vs.

Big Bubba w/Don Carson

Six Man Tag Team Match

Blackjack Mulligan/Jerry Brisco/Jimmy Valiant

vs.

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Jimmy Garvin w/Johnny Valiant

Twin States Tag Team Championship

vs.

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

UGANDAN DEATH MATCH- No DQ/No Pinfalls - Whoever can't answer the 10 count

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

"Ugandan Headhunter"

Kamala w/Friday & Ron Wright

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

vs.

MATCH #5:

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Bobby/Rocky Ewing when Armstrong pinned Rocky Ewing with a 'Russian Legsweep

Post match: Cooley tells Rick Stewart that he and Brad are looking forward to competing for the tag team titles especially since in recent weeks Barnes and Dundee seem to have showing a little more sportsmanship and fair play in their matches.  Armstrong says he's excited to be teaming with Wendell and they look forward to strapping the Twin States tag titles around their waists tonight, but he's also disappointed that he won't get his rematch with Tully Blanchard for the NWA World title but he would welcome the opporunity to challenge Jerry Lawler for the USWA World title!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

The Mongolian Stomper w/Don Carson defeated Dirty Rhodes by submission with a camel clutch

© 1985 Twin States Wrestling in association with Jarrett Promotions

Twin States Wrestling

Presents

HELLoween

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, AL.

Bell Time: 7pm

TNT w/Don Carson pinned Roy Lee Welch after a thrust kick

USWA Southern Junior Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong pinned Bill Ash after a superkick

The Dynamite Duo (Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin) wrestled Angel of Death/"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright to a 'no contest' when all four men started brawling in the ring and the referee could not regain control

Lumberjack Loser Leaves Town Match

Big Bubba w/Don Carson pinned "Candy Man" Ray Candy when the referee became distracted by a brawl amongst the "lumberjacks" at ringside allowing Carson to slip Bubba his loaded black glove that he used to knock Candy out.  Ray Candy must immediately leave Twin States Wrestling

Six Man Tag Team Match

Blackjack Mulligan/Jerry Brisco/Jimmy Valiant defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Jimmy Garvin w/Johnny Valiant when Brisco pinned Golden with a school boy roll up after he was punched by Jimmy Garvin who stormed out being chased by Johnny V.

Twin States Tag Team Championship

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) wrestled Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley to a 20 minute time limit draw in a pretty clean scientific match……….After the match, Barnes and Dundee

offered a handshake to Armstrong and Cooley who reluctantly took them up on it. They all shook hands in a great show of sportsmanship….but when Armstrong and Cooley turned to leave the ring Barnes and Dundee ambushed them from behind with the title belts and then proceeded to put the boots to them and left them laying in the middle of the ring as the fans boo'd them out of the arena

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

UGANDAN DEATH MATCH- No DQ/No Pinfalls - Whoever can't answer the 10 count

Kamala w/Friday & Ron Wright defeated "Bullet" Bob Armstrong after a brutal brawl, Armstrong was unable to get up before the 10 count after three big splashes from Kamala…..Armstrong refused to be stretchered out and managed to leave under his own power with help from Brad/Scott and Wendell Cooley

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Brett/Buzz Sawyer w/Ron Wright in a bloody match that saw Buzz atempt a dive off the top of the cage onto to Ken Wayne but Davis pulled Wayne out of the way causing Sawyer to crash and burn, Davis then went to the top rope and came off with a legdrop onto Buzz and covered for the 1-2-3!! The crowd roared with approval as the Nightmares celebrated at ringside while Ron Wright went into the cage to check on the Sawyers

I can only assume that Count Plattula isn't nearly as bad as the time Eric Bischoff dressed up as a vampire!

Bota's suspension comes as no shock, but I bet Don Carson will have something to say about it!!

Ash and the Indian Deathlock get the shot at Scott Armstrong with Bota being out. You have to think Nelson Royal will be waiting in the wings for the winner.

The Dynamite Duo! I like it!! If they can finish off Strong and A.O.D. once and for all, they will make a nice new team in the mix for the belts.

The Ugandan Death match is going to be interesting for sure. The Bullet never backs down from a challenge, and will fight anyone. But Kamala is a beast, and when only he knows the rules.... That's Tough!

Hmmmm.... we might have to see about defending that USWA Southern Jr. Heavyweight Championship down in Texas sometime!

Ooof.... The Youngbloods eat a big loss, but Strong/A.O.D. is a big and nasty tag team. The Dynamite Duo are certainly in for a fight.

The HELLoween card is STACKED!!

Armstrong/Cooley is a great team, and I won't be the least bit shocked if they bring home the gold. Brad vs Lawler... sign me up!

Stomper with another title defense in the books! Who is gonna step up and take him out!!

On To HELLoween!!

Scott Armstrong retains, and like I said before. You have to think Royal is going to want his rematch.

and we get a No Contest in the Dynamite Duo vs Strong/A.O.D. match!! I guess this one isn't over yet!!

The Candy Man!! No.... Shit! Boo!!! Whoever got him better do a good job!!!

Oh Damn, Jimmy Garvin decked Golden and walked out! Johnny V better get his boys on the page.

Ha Ha Ha!!! I like the Violent Gentleman more and more all the time!

Wow! Kamala wins the Ugandan Death Match. I thought for sure Bob would get his revenge. Bullet manages to walk out, but the damage keeps adding up for Armstrong.

HUGE win for The Nightmares! If this is the end of the feud, you have to think they will be looking squarely at the Violent Gentleman and those belts.

Good Shit as always Gene!

Great opening with the Count and the werewolf.

I really enjoy reading your shows as the interviews are always priceless.  The TV show also does such a great job oh hyping up the week's big event and the whole thing just flows so well.

Poor Bill Ash... that Indian Death Lock didn't bring him the title as he thought!

Big Bubba sends the Candy Man packing... so interesting how your cards are so deep that we get a title match in the second match of the night and a Loser Leave Town Lumberjack match right after it.  The way you give meaning to each match is awesome but might not get you any big returns on your concession stands as nobody will ever want to leave their seats.  Awesome job throughout the card!

I was surprised that the Violent Gentlemen had a pretty scientific match which I comletlely bought.  I even was dumb enough to buy that the handshake offer was for real!  This one is going to get interesting.

Even the Bullet can't with stand 3 Giant Splashes!  Is Kamala unstoppable?  Can't wait to find out.

And the Nightmares reign supreme!  They are the perfect Twin State Tag Team.

Thanks for an enjoyable read!

LOL, hilarious opening with Platt and RPG bantering in Halloween costumes. 

Looks like Ash has a new weapon to try and win the Jr. title with. 

The Dynamite Duo is one charismatic team. 

The USWA is excited to send in the champs for some title defenses. We'll see if they make it out of Twin States with the titles intact 

Stomper has a strong grip on the title and let's everybody know that tonight. 

On to Helloween, 

Looks like Ash didn't get a chance to use his new hold as Armstrong puts him down with the superkick, I'll have to start building up some Jr. contenders.

We have a new feud building as the Dynamite Duo, Strong and AOD go at it in a wild brawl. 

The Candyman is having some good runs in this game and had a fun one in Twin States but Bubba put an end to that tonight. 

I guess Jimmy Jam didn't forget about that comment Golden made about Precious. I mentioned this in my NWA comments, I think it's time for Jimmy and Precious to reconcile. It's obvious they need each other. 

I knew it just couldn't last LOL, as the Violent Gentlemen pull an ambush on Cooley and Brad. I can't wait to see these teams go at it again with some good ol fashion heat. 

Oh man! Kamala does a number on Bullet with 3 splashes! Damn! Bullet's one tough dude by refusing the stretcher. Kamala is an absolute beast.

Awesome match to end the night! Nightmares give the fans a happy Halloween as they take the Sawyers down. The Nightmares were already up there but this win elevates them to an even higher level. 

As always, great stuff Gene! 

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to Continental Championship Wrestling