Twin States Wrestling Episode #25

Pre-Recorded

Airing on: Saturday January 9, 1986

airing on stations throughout Alabama and Mississippi

Host/Play by Play: Charlie Platt

Co-Host/Color Commentator: Ronnie P. Gossett

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

(Show opens with a montage of Twin States Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the USWA", we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt along my co-host the one and only Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "Platt, we've got a huge show tonight as we'll be showing highlights of the other six first round matches in the USWA World Championship Contenders tournament."

Platt: "That's true and in our main event, we'll see Brad Armstrong and 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley defend the Twin States Tag Team titles against the two men who literally stole the belts from them at Santa Slam the night after Christmas, Johnny and Tommy Rich."

(As Platt says this the tag team champions come out carrying the title belts, Cooley is limping badly and looks pretty worse for wear)

RPG: "Not sure what you're talking about Platt, looks like they have the belts right there."

Brad324.jpg

Armstrong: "Shut your mouth Gossett, you know good and well those two attacked us after the match and stole the belts, Les Thatcher just gave them back to us as he told them there was not going to be a title match tonight if they didn’t return the belts they stole."

Platt: "Are you guys sure you shouldn't postpone this match? Wendell, you still seem to be feeling the effects of being rammed crotch first into the ring post."

WendellCooley.jpg

Cooley: "Oh, I'm certainly feeling the effects, Mr. Platt.  I can barely walk and I've been urninating blood for two weeks….but we've waited long enough to get our hands on those two jerks and I don't care if Brad has to carry me to that ring tonight, we're getting our revenge."

Brad: "That's exactly right…..yeah, they took advantage of our good nature…and maybe we were a little naïve to accept their apology and open ourselves up to be attacked in Huntsville….but tonight, you better believe we know exactly what kinda guys they are….and we let our guards down once but you tonight we won't stop until we beat them to a bloody pulp in that middle of that ring!"

Cooley: "You got it, Brad! Fool us once….shame on us! But you're the fool if you think you can fool us twice! Tonight, we're going to end you two and send you back to Tennessee where you belong!"

Platt: "Let's go check out the third first round match in our World title contenders tournament."

==================

MATCH #1:

USWA World Title Contenders Tournament Round 1

Ronnie Garvin defeated Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by DQ when Khan was relentlessly working over the injured right knee of Garvin, the referee tried to step in and back him away and Khan gave the referee an overhand chop to the head…..and went back to work on the knee of Garvin until the fans started to go wild as suddenly Blackjack Mulligan appeared for the first time since Thanksgiving!! Mulligan was about to go in the ring when his son, Kendall Windham came running down to ringside and stopped him. Khan now distracted by Mulligan/Windham stopped his attack on Garvin. While Mulligan calls for a microphone.

BJMandKendall.jpg

BJM: "Humperdink…..I want you and Killer Khan to listen to what I have to say…..I saw what yall did to my good friend Jerry Brisco and I've promised him that's not going to stand.  I'm here tonight for one reason, boys…..I'm here to challenge Killer Khan to a bunkhouse match at the Gulf Coast Clash on Sunday night January 31st in Biloxi, Mississippi!"

(In the ring Humperdink has been handed a microphone)

Hump: "We came here to collect that bounty on you and we won't stop until we are paid every penny of it! So, yes Killer Khan accepts your challenge…anywhere….anytime!"

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

(As we return from the break, Downtown Bruno is standing in the ring)

DowntownBruno3.jpg

Bruno: "Last week, I introduced you to the first member of the 'Downtown Connection', the 'Dirty White Boy' Tony Anthony….now this week I introduce you to the monster that I'm about unleash on Twin States…and the man who is about to destroy this midget, Bill Dundee….he is HERCULES AYALA!!"

-------------------------------

MATCH #2:

Hercules Ayala w/Downtown Bruno vs. "Superstar" Bill Dundee

Ayala.jpg

Dundee used his quickness in the early stages of the match to get the better of the much larger Ayala…but after a distraction from Downtown Bruno, Ayala was able to get his hands on Dundee and control the remainder of the match and eventually get the win with a 'backbreaker' to advance in the tournament

===================

(VTR- Terry Funk is seen at his ranch getting out of a pick up truck wearing his USWA World title belt, he flashes a clearly phony smile as he looks up and see the camera)

TerryFunkblue.jpg

Funk: "Well howdy there folks, welcome to the Double Cross Ranch here in beautiful Amarillo, Texas.  I'm sure you've never seen such beautiful scenery with you being stuck there in Alabama and Mississippi, why I guess you folks haven't had the chance to see a real athlete and champion such as myself either. No, you poor people have to see egg suckin' dogs like Bob Armstrong, mask wearing goofs like Mr. Olympia, prancing sissies like Adrian Street, and sawed off wannabes like Bill Dundee. (spits on the ground) Now word around the campfire is Jerry Jarrett is letting them have a tournament down there where a bunch of these clowns are going to compete to see who gets to wrestle the Funker for the USWA World Championship…..can you imagine that? Why would a bunch of second rate, no talent losers want to compete to see who gets to LOSE against ME? I guess no one has told them that I'm the guy who beat up Jerry 'the Queen' Lawler so bad that he packed his bags and left the territory!  Well that's just fine, you have your little tournament….and whoever the unfortunate soul is that wins the thing will have to face me and I'll beat their brains in so bad that they'll wanna leave the USWA too! Now get the hell outta here, the champ has things to do!"

(END VTR)

=====================

Before the next match, Joe Pedicino interviews a young Jeff Jarrett who says he's been training to wrestle for the past several months and has also been training as a referee because his Dad, Jerry Jarrett wants him to break into the business as a referee and eventually wrestle, but not around Memphis where some wrestlers may try to take out their grudges for his Dad on him.  Jeff says he's getting ready to ref his first television match right now as part of the big tournament.

JeffJarrett.jpg

=====================

MATCH #3:

Terry Taylor vs. George Barnes

TerryTaylor.jpg

Before the match referee Jeff Jarrett shakes hands with Terry Taylor and attempts to shake hands with Barnes who just slaps his hand and away and says, "ring the bell ya twit." Barnes broke the rules throughout this match, Jeff being the new ref had trouble enforcing the rules but the newcomer to Twin States, Taylor managed to get his knees up when Barnes came off the top rope with a splash then quickly rolled Barnes up for what seemed like a sorta fast three count! Barnes was making a case in the ring that Jarrett counted too fast but Taylor and Jarrett both quickly exited the ring.

RPG: "What the heck was that Charlie Platt? Clearly that was the fastest count in wrestling history! Jerry Jarrett's stupid kid is a terrible referee! Not to mention, why would he let this entitled little snot nosed punk's first televised match he's ever refereed be a prestigious tournament match?? Why couldn't he ref a match that doesn't matter, like a Scott Armstrong match or something?? This is a travesty!"

(Joe Pedicino stopped Taylor for a comment as he came back by the interview area)

Pedicino: "I didn't get a chance to speak with you last week Terry but welcome to Twin States."

Taylor: "Thanks Joe, I'm excited to be here….I'm super excited to be in this tournament and I'm going to fight with everything I've got to get that USWA title shot against Terry Funk. Hey, and I'm also looking for a partner for that David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament!"

(Bob Armstrong comes walking out)

Bullet Bob: "Hey Terry, I just wanted to say congrats on the great win and welcome to Twin States! I also wanted to tell ya, if you're looking for a partner…I'm your guy!"

Taylor: "Wow? Seriously? I would love to be your partner!"

Bullet Bob: (shaking his hand) "Well my friend, consider it done. Not to take away from your time here Terry but I just wanted to mention that I'm so happy that the Armstrong Family is now whole here in Twin States as my boy Steve has returned from the Pacific Coast and he has a match in this tournament tonight and he's going to be teaming with his brother Scott in that tag team tournament so the gang's all here!"

Taylor: "Awesome, thanks Mr. Armstrong and I'm looking forward to winning that money with you out in Texas!"

Bullet Bob: "You got that right, brother! Just one more thing…..Bad News Allen, your butt is mine son….you understand me, sooner or later, you and I are going to have a match and when we do, I'm going to show you what 'Bad News' really is!"

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

(Buddy Landel comes out to the desk and interupts)

RPG: "Look Platt, what a pleasant surprise…our reigning Twin States Champion is here!"

Buddy: "It's great to see you, Ronnie….still dropping weight I see….you look skinnier everytime I see you, unlike Charlie Platt over here who is ballooning up a little more each week….might wanna switch to light beer there chubs."

buddy_landel.jpg

Platt: "We have a lot going on this week and you aren't scheduled to be out there."

Buddy: "Is that any way to speak to a champion? I think not, anyway…here's what I wanted to say Ronnie. I just wanted to point out that I think it's great that ever since I left the NWA, the so called Diamond Club has gone to hell in a hand basket. Tully Blanchard lost his title, Baby Doll was suspended….Dibiase and Williams barely have anything to do with them anymore…."

Platt: "What does that have to do with anything going on in Twin States Wrestling? Why are you out here talking about people who don't wrestle here, a lot of the fans watching this show aren't aware of who they are."

Buddy: "Ok, so I'll school them…..Tully Blanchard is a pathetic Buddy Landel wannabe, and if you've never seen Baby Doll, just picture Barry Windham in drag…" (Platt cuts him off)

Platt: "If you insist on being out here, why don't we at least talk about how you got pinned in that six man tag match last week and how you have to defend your Twin States championship against Mr. Olympia next week in a cage on this very program."

Buddy: "Charlie Platt, I would normally slap the hell out of an announcer for that level of disrespect but I know it's just the booze talking so I'm going to give you a pass, but you really need to go get some help, because people care about you…I mean..I don't, Ronnie doesn't…and none of the Platinum Club cares about you but I'm sure some of these sad sacks that watch this show do……so if not for yourself, go get cleaned up for them."

Platt: "For the last time, I DON'T DRINK!"

Buddy: "Take it easy Platt, nobody likes an angry drunk."

Platt: "I'm not drunk, I don't drink at all."

Buddy: "Sure you don't Platt…..you don't drink and I'm sure Norvell Austin doesn't steal stereos out of people's cars and Kendall Windham isn't bulimic. Anyway, I have nothing to say about last week and I all I have to say about next week is…..no matter who puts that Mr. Olympia mask on and enters that cage next week…I promise you I will walk out still the champion!"

====================

MATCH #4:

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Downtown Bruno vs. Steve Armstrong

SteveArmstrong2.jpg

As Steve Armstrong is coming down the aisle shaking hands with the fans, he's attacked from behind by Bad News Allen!  Bad News locks him into a cross armbar on the floor cranking hard on the arm and shoulder of young Steve Armstrong……Bad News breaks the hold and retreats as Bob Armstrong, Scott Armstrong, and Terry Taylor come running out for the save.  Armstrong's shoulder is clearly hurt and it's announced he will not be able to compete tonight and that the Dirty White Boy will get a 'bye' into the next round of tournament.

Les Thatcher comes out and announces that moving forward in this tournament, ANYONE who interferes before, during, or after a tournament match will be fined and suspended and if they are in the tournament they will be automatically eliminated!

===================

Promo airs for the USWA David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament coming Feb 12/13/14!

(We go to Joe Pedicino in the interview area being joined by Johnny & Tommy Rich)

Pedicino: "I see you guys have returned the Twin States tag team title belts to their rightful owners."

TommyRich.jpg

Tommy: "It's only temporary Pedicino, we'll be taking them back home with us tonight….but we'll get to that in a minute…now, tell me something Pedicino, I hear you're a stooge that has your ear to the door of all the important USWA meetings….tell me why this big tournament is a so called David Von Erich Memorial show, but there ain't no Von Erichs in the tournament?? I realize that Fritz's favorites are up in New York, but hell, they couldn't at least get the fake cousin from Memphis to be in it?"

Pedicino: "Come on Tommy…."

JohnnyRich.jpg

Johnny: "What about the one that's slow now? Can he even wrestle anymore?"

Tommy: "From what I saw he never could rassle….hell, get old man Fritz in there and let him try to squeeze our heads with that claw…..we'll send him to go be with David for good!"

Pedicino: "That's disgusting….can we please talk about tonight's match!"

Johnny: "Ok big guy….let's talk about it.  Let's talk about the fact Wendell Cooley can barely walk right now yet he demanded to wrestle us tonight because he's upset we stole their belts and rammed his wee wee into the ring post."

Tommy: (laughing) "That was hilarious….they thought we would really apologize to them like that….they deserved everything they got and tonight, we're going to get what we deserve when we win those belts right here on television in front of God and everybody!"

Pedicino: "Tommy, I certainly hope that's true….I honestly hope you guys get EVERYTHING you deserve tonight, right here on tv."

Tommy: "Well thank ya, Joe…..I can promise you we will….and when we're done tonight with that half crippled Cooley, they may have to make it the Skinny Von Erich/Wendell Cooley Memorial Tag Team Tournament….then maybe they'll move it out of stinkin' Texas cause you know all they have in Texas is steers and  "

Pedcino: "CUT! We're done here!!"

(The Richs walk away laughing)

===================

MATCH #5:

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda vs. Lord Jonathan Boyd

AdrianLinda.jpg

A hard hitting match, with Street working to lock Boyd into wrestling holds while Boyd is doing his best to turn things into brawl….things go back and forth with neither seeming to be able to get a clear advantage when Street catches Boyd out of nowhere with an 'Oklahoma Roll' and gets the pin fall!

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

(We cut to the "VIP Dressing Room" where Frank Morrell is finishing a phone call as Slick/'Mr. Money' Carl Fergie/Bad News Allen are sitting in recliners)

Morrell: "Alright Mr. Fergie, it's all set….Mr. Morrow will be here next week for the meeting you requested."

Fergie: "Excellent! Slick, you guys are going to love Gerry! He's a classy guy and he always brings the finest champagne with him."

Bad News: "Well make sure he brings a LOT! By the way, I'm going to need some more cash for taking out Steve Armstrong earlier."

Fergie: "Actually Allen, I didn't ask you to do that….I don't really have an issue with Steve Armstrong.."

(Bad News springs up out of the chair)

Bad News: "Look Dummy! You have a problem with Bob Armstrong, what better way to mess with his head and take him out off his game than to beat up his stupid son his first night in…Do you wanna have an issue with me??"

(Slick jumps in between)

Slick: "Woah woah….hold on now my brother…there's no need to get heated over this. I'm sure now that you've pointed out the benefits of what you did, Mr. Fergie will be glad to pay you for your services tonight."

Fergie: (hesitant) "How much are we talking?"

Bad News: "Not a lot….I'd say fifty grand should cover it."

Fergie: "Fifty grand?? Are you crazy??"

Bad News: "Slick, I'm about to show this fool what crazy is…"

Slick: "Now hold on Bad News….Listen Mr. Fergie, you're a damn millionaire….why are we squabling over a measely fifty grand?  Have you forgotten how Bad News saved your title at Santa Slam? That's chump change to a man like you."

Bad News: "Good point Slick, I'm gonna to need at least a hundred grand or I might just coming looking for that Gulf Coast title myself."

Fergie: "No no…take it easy Allen. I have an even better proposition for you. How about…if you win this tournament, I'll pay you one hundred and fifty grand to give me your USWA World Title match."

(Slick's eyes light up)

Bad News: "That's not bad….but I have a counter offer….see I know business lingo too.  Since we both know there's no way you could beat Terry Funk for that belt, how about you give me two hundred grand not IF I win but WHEN I win this tournament….and WHEN I beat Terry Funk….I'll GIVE you the USWA World Championship!"

Morrell: "That's a good deal boss!"

Fergie: "Shut up Frank! Mind your business! Ok, Allen…you've got yourself a deal."

Slick: "Of course I'll get my thirty percent."

Bad News: "Get it from him….my money…is MY money!" (Bad News turns and leaves)

Slick: "See ya later, Champ…..we've got a first round match to win!"

MATCH #6:

Bad News Allen w/Slick vs. "Iceman" King Parsons

IcemanParsons.jpg

Iceman makes a good showing for himself but Bad News manages to put him away by submission with his new cross armbar he debuted earlier in the night in the aisle against Steve Armstrong.

(Afterwards, Bad News grabs the house mic in the ring)

02.jpg

Bad News: "Bob Armstrong, you old coward…..come on out here and face me….you gutless old man. Look what I did to your boy! I'll do you, Scott, and Brad the same way!  Bring their old ugly mama down here and I'll break her arm too!"

(Bob Armstrong has heard enough and is headed down the aisle but is being held back by Scott Armstrong, Terry Taylor, and the Nightmares)

RPG: "That's brilliant Platt, Bad News knows after that announcement from Thatcher that if Armstrong manages to lay a finger on him in that ring right now he'll be fined, suspended, and out of the tournament."

Platt: "I know it was before the ruling but Bad News should be fined, suspended and out of the tournament after what he did to Steve Armstrong earlier tonight."

(the babyfaces manage to talk Bob down and get him back to the dressing room)

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #7:

MAIN EVENT

TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP- Rematch

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Johnny/Tommy Rich

In the closing moments of what was a wild main event, All four men were fighting in the ring. Brad tossed Tommy to the floor and continued the fight on the outside, referee Ed Brock followed them out to try and get them back to their corners……Cooley hooked Johnny for the running bulldog but Johnny gave him a vicious low blow and Cooley crumbled to the mat, Johnny quickly covered Cooley and hooked both legs, the referee spotted the cover and slid back in and counted 1-2-3!!  Johnny and Tommy are the new Twin States Tag Team Champions!!

As the show prepares to go off the air, both Johnny and Tommy Rich hold up their newly won championship belts with their left hands and make a "Claw" with their right hands while getting right in the camera and poorly singing "Yellow Rose of Texas"

RPG: "Charlie, have I told you how much I LOVE the Rich Cousins?"

Platt: "No, but I can tell you this…..they might not make it out of Texas alive if they keep this up….fans we'll see you next week for more….Twin States Wrestling!"

© 1986 Twin States Wrestling Inc/Jarrett Promotions

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooley and Armstrong want some serious revenge on the Rich's but I'm worried about Cooley's injury.

Garvin advances with a DQ win over Khan but the big story is the return of Mulligan! WOW! Mulligan vs. Khan in a Bunkhouse match! I'm sold. 

Downtown Bruno isn't wasting any time making his presence known. He has acquired HERCULES AYALA! Ayala starts with a bang by putting Dundee down. It's great seeing Ayala in monster mode. 

LOL nobody cuts a promo like the Funker. He doesn't seem to be worried about challengers these days but he might be in for a big surprise because whoever wins this tournament is going to give him a fight. 

A young Jeff Jarrett has arrived and will pay his dues in a ref's shirt. I like this.

Taylor beats Barnes to advance. Was it a fast count? I can tell this is going somewhere. 

Well Taylor couldn't of asked for a better tag partner than Bullet Bob. The teams are lining up for the DVE tournament. 

I said nobody cuts a promo like Funk but Landel is giving him a run. Landel absolutely went off tonight LOL. He calls Platt an angry drunk, Tully a Landel wannabe and says Norvell steals stereos. Oh man I couldn't stop laughing. I hope Landel is champ forever. 

Not a very happy homecoming for Steve Armstrong as Bad News takes him out of the tournament. Bullet Bob is going to want blood! 

Tonight's promos defiantly belonged to the heels. Rich's are getting so much heat! The Skinny Von Erich/Wendell Cooley Memorial tournament...Damn. 

Street advances over Boyd. I would love to see Street and Funk go at it. 

Good thing Mr. Money has a lot of money because Bad News is all business and wants to get paid. This storyline of Bad News saying he'll win the USWA title and sell it to Fergie is brilliant. Cant wait to watch all this unfold. 

Bad News is on track as he advances over Iceman. However, Bullet Bob may spoil all his plans. 

Huge TV moment as The Rich's win the Twin States tag titles!!!! A Rich title run is going to be awesome! They manage to get even more heat imitating the claw and singing Yellow Rose of Texas. I can't imagine the nuclear heat they're going to get in Texas. 

Another great week. I'm torn on who I want to win the tournament and face Funk. Bad News or Street. Landel, the Rich's, Bad News, the heels are running rampant in Twin States. Then you have fighting babyfaces like the Armstrongs and Mulligan. All hell is breaking loose in Twin States!   

and instead of Ronnie Gossett being funny, we open the show with Wendell Cooley pissing blood. -5 stars!

In all seriousness, Rich Cousins vs Brad/Wendell for the Tag Title is one hell of main event!

Great finish to Khan/Garvin. Nicely protects Khan, while getting him out of the tournament, and sets up a potential Garvin injury to play on. Mulligan showing up with Kendall to make the challenge for the Bunkhouse match, and Humperdink's reason for accepting was great too. That should be a war!

Yikes! Bruno found himself some muscle! Hercules Ayala has arrived and he puts away Bill Dundee! That's a HUGE debut (over a little man!)

A good Terry Funk interview always make a show better, and here we have Uncle Terry letting all the fine people of Alabama and Mississippi have a chance to see his lovely home, and then he told them about all their favorite wrestlers. What a champion!

Is he going to wear his fucking blinking cowboy hat when he refs? Uggh.

Taylor picks up the tainted win thanks to J-e- Double Ref.

"Why couldn't he ref a match that doesn't matter, like a Scott Armstrong match or something??"..... There is the RPG that I have been missing all show!!

Good Lord, first Slapnuts steals Taylor's heat, then Bob Armstrong comes and takes the rest so he can talk about his sons and his feuds! Get the red mohawk ready Terry, looks like your getting fucked in this reality too!

Here comes Budrow to get this show back on track!!

Holy Shit.... the Baby Doll comment literally made me laugh out loud while I was on the phone with a patient at work! Nicely Done!

God Damn, Buddy was on a roll this week. The booze talking, people care about you, angry drunk, Norvell Austin, and Kendall lines all had me laughing. You have absolutely mastered the "arrogant champion that is just a total prick and doesn't give a shit" shtick. Fucking wonderful.

Bad News takes out an Armstrong, and DWB gets a nice easy win!

"tell me something Pedicino, I hear you're a stooge that has your ear to the door of all the important USWA meetings….tell me why this big tournament is a so called David Von Erich Memorial show, but there ain't no Von Erichs in the tournament?? I realize that Fritz's favorites are up in New York, but hell, they couldn't at least get the fake cousin from Memphis to be in it?"

Jesus Christ Gene.... you are outdoing yourself this week! I had to mute the phone on this one! That smiling double finger guns picture of Tommy only makes it funnier.
Then Johnny takes the shot at Mike.... God Damn. I am going to have put together a clip job of Rich interviews to play in Texas before the tournament.

Street/Boyd attempts to follow the interview of the year, and Street picks up a quick win with a roll up. I think I'd very much enjoy a Street/Funk match.

I probably shouldn't be as excited as I am for the inevitable failing of the Fergie/Bad News/Slick relationship, but it is going to be glorious when it all falls apart! In the meantime, watching Bad News extort Fergie for his money is good stuff! Champagne Morrow showing up next week to meet with Fergie! This should be fun!

Bad News makes short work of the Iceman, and the tries to goad Bob Armstrong into costing himself the tournament. Bad News is going to be a force around here. I'm loving it.

The Rich Cousins win the belts!! My god if this footage makes it to Dallas, they are going to be murdered!!

Great Episode this week! I was legit laughing several times, the tournament is moving along nicely, and several feuds are simmering quite nicely. Gulf Coast Clash will likely be a war!!

Great read this week... Your heel interviews are always perfect but Cooley and the pissing blood line was great.

Funk at the Double Cross Ranch was priceless.  He may have a point wheb he said why would someone want to win a tourny just to lose to him.

Garvin vs Khan would be an awesome match but Blackjack vs Khan could be historic.  Can't wait.

Nice way to introduce the young Jarrett.  Wonder if his fast count was just because he is knew

The interview when Bob joined Taylor was very interesting.  Poor Taylor couldn't get a word in.  Wonder if he is going to get tired of hearing the Bullet focus on anything but his new tag team partner.

Wow... can the Rich's draw heat.  Loved when they asked about the slow one!

Buddy seems ro be holding a grudge against the Diamond Club!  Not their fault he got his head shaved.  Wow... Barry Windham in drag.... AWESOME

After taking the titles, Tommy and Johnny Rich might be as hated as anyone in wrestling right now.

Twin States Wrestling

Lavender Coliseum

Columbus, Mississippi

Friday January 15, 1986

Bell Time: 8pm

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned Lord Jonathan Boyd with a victory roll

Mr. Pro's Open WRESTLING Challenge

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski pinned Chicky Starr with a his feet on the ropes

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Todd Morton/Ricky Gibson when Spot pinned Morton after a powerslam

"Superstar" Bill Dundee defeated George Barnes by DQ when Barnes attacked referee Jeff Jarrett for what he claimed was a slow count on his pinfall attempt

Terry Taylor/"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated "Mr. Money" Carl Fergie/Bad News Allen w/Slick when Taylor pinned Fergie with a small package while Armstrong and Bad News brawled on the floor

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Kendall Windham after a savate kick

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Twin States Tag Team Championship

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Johnny/Tommy Rich by DQ when the Moondogs ran in and attacked the Nightmares……the Moondogs and the Nightmares brawled throughout the Coliseum while the Richs took their titles and left

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN GRUDGE MATCH

Mr. Olympia (#1/#2/#3) defeated The Platinum Club (Buddy Landel/Eric Embry/Johnny V -subbing for Steve Regal) when Mr Olympia pinned Johnny V after a DDT

What I found interesting here was that one of my favorite matches was the opener between Street and Boyd.  When your opener is that good, you know the card is stacked.

Also very interrsted in seeing who all the Olympia's are.  Landell just can't seem to get ahead of Stubbs.  

Great card from top to bottom.  You have such a knack of capturing that Souther Rasslin feel.

Fans in Mississippi get a fun show tonight.

Kev is right, when Street and Boyd kick off the event, you know it's going to be a great night of wrestling. 

You know I'm a big fan of Mr. Pro and these open challenges are really getting him over.

LOL, like that exciting team of Morton and Gibson. Could we be seeing a fun gimmick in the future? 

Dundee and Barnes are still going at it but Barnes may now have his sights set on young Jarrett. 

The newly formed team of Bullet and Taylor get a big win as Taylor pins Mr. Money. I'm sure Bad News wasn't happy with Fergie.

LOL, loved how the Rich's just left with their titles as the Moondogs and Nightmares brawl.

The 3 Olympias are certainly getting the better of the Platinum Club. Even more satisfying as Johnny V takes the pin. 

TwinStatesColorLogo.jpg

Twin States Wrestling Episode #26

Pre-Recorded

Airing on: Saturday January 16, 1986

From: the Mississippi Fairgrounds Coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi

(Show opens with a montage of Twin States Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the USWA", we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and of course I'm joined as always by the one and only Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "Fresh off last week's amazing title victory by Johnny and Tommy Rich, tonight I'm excited to see our champion Buddy Landel finally defeat Mr Olympia once and for all inside the steel cage."

Platt: "Speaking of the Rich Cousins, they got themselves in a lot of hot water with their comments here on television last week and they are currently suspended from appearing on television for two weeks and may potentially be fined for some of the things they said here last week."

RPG: "That's ridiculous Charlie Platt, there's a little thing called freedom of speech, but I guess according to Les Thatcher and Jerry Jarrett, that freedom doesn't apply to our new Twin States tag team champions."

Platt: "Well, moving on from that…..we do have an exciting show for you here tonight as Ronnie Gossett pointed out, we have that incredible main event inside a steel cage with Buddy Landel defending against Mr. Olympia, we also have the four second round matches in the USWA World Championship contenders tournament, as well as a tag team challenge match where Scott Armstrong will team up with Chicky Starr against the Fabulous Blondes, Eric Embry and Steve Regal along with their manager 'Luscious' Johnny V."

RPG: "I understand that we'll also be hearing from Joe Pedicino in the 'event center' telling us more matches being signed for the 'Gulf Coast Clash' coming up on Sunday January 31st in Biloxi, Mississippi and we'll also find out who the first four tag teams are that have secured their place in the big David Von Erich Memorial Cup Tag Team tournament coming up in February out in Texas and airing live on the USA Network."

Platt: "We certainly will….but with all this action we have on tap, let's get to the ring for our opening bout."

===================

MATCH #1:

USWA World Championship Contenders Tournament Round 2

"Bullet Bob Armstrong defeated "Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski when Kiniski caught Armstrong with a belly to back suplex, both men's shoulders were down as the referee started to count but Armstrong got his shoulder up on the two count while Kiniski's was still down, making "Bullet" Bob the winner!

===================

(We go to Joe Pedicino in the Twin States Event Center)

Pedicino: "Good evening wrestling fans and welcome to the first Twin States Event Center of 1986! I've got a lot of big news for you this week including the first four tag teams from Twin States that will compete in the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. I can confirm right now that despite being the new Twin States Tag Team Champions, it's still up in the air on whether or not Johnny and Tommy Rich will be allowed to enter the tournament after the derogatory and disrespectful remarks made about the Von Erich family here on television last week.  With that being said, here are the first four tag teams who ARE confirmed for the tournament.  Team number one is a team that has been on a roll as of late, The Dynamite Duo of Brickhouse Brown and Norvell Austin.  Team number two is the team of the Moondogs, Rex and Spot managed by Sir Oliver Humperdink. Team number three are the first ever Twin States tag team champions, The Nightmares, Danny Davis and Ken Wayne, and Team number four is the Fabulous Blondes of Eric Embry and Steve Regal managed by Luscious Johnny V.  Now our next big event will take place in Biloxi, Mississippi on Sunday January 31st and it will be called 'Gulf Coast Clash'.  Matches signed so far will be:"

USWA World Championship

Terry Funk

vs.

The Winner of the USWA Contenders Tournament

BUNKHOUSE MATCH

Blackjack Mulligan w/Kendall Windham

vs.

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

First Blood Match

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

USWA Southern Jr. Heavyweight Championship

30 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong

vs.

Chicky Starr

More matches to be announced soon

(End of Event Center)

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #2:

Hecules Ayala w/Downtown Bruno defeated Ronnie Garvin with a half Boston Crab after working on Garvin's injured knee for several minutes, he hooked Garvin in the half crab with Garvin refusing to submit until he blacked out forcing the referee to stop the match and award it to Ayala

===================

(VTR- We cut to the dining room of the "Mansion of Carl Fergie" as we see Fergie, Bad News Allen, and Slick sitting around the table)

Slick: "Mister Money, thanks again for having us over for lunch….but where's the dude you want us to meet?"

Fergie: "I sent a limo to pick him up from the airport, he should be here any moment. Allen, hope your hungry….My personal Chef has been in the kitchen preparing steak and lobster all morning."

Slick: "Um, Carl….he prefers to be called Bad News."

Fergie: "Of course, my apologies Mr Bad News."

Bad News: "As long as you keep paying me, you can call me whatever you want….but I'm getting tired of waiting…let's gets this meal started."

(Just then Frank Morrell enters and says, "Mr Fergie, your guest has arrived." With that 'Champagne' Gerry Morrow enters carrying a bottle of champagne)

Fergie: "Gerald my friend! How was your flight?"

Morrow: "Carl, it's always wonderful in de first class my friend. It's good to see you again and of course, I've brought de best champagne money can buy."

(He hands the bottle to Frank Morrell who pours a glass for Carl, then Gerry, then Slick, before he can pour any for Bad News, he grabs the bottle and chugs directly from it as Morrow looks on in horror)

Morrow: "Carl….what's de matter wit dis man? Has he no class?"

Bad News: "What the hell did you just say?"

Fergie: "Gerald, can I speak to you in the kitchen?"

(Fergie/Morrow go into the kitchen alone….where there's another camera on them)

Fergie: "Gerald, I'm so sorry about that….Listen, this guy is completely uncooth and beneath us….he's from the ghettos of Harlem, New York….but listen, he does ALL my dirty work….he's got the mean, if you've got the green…..get what I'm saying?"

Morrow: "Ohhh, so he's a paid thug? He works for you?"

Fergie: "No, he works for US! He's our insurance policy in Texas to make sure we walk out of there with that cup and the cash. He's also going to win this World title contenders tournament and when he beats Terry Funk for the title…he's going to sell it to ME!"

Morrow: "I like dat! Perhaps I need to pay him to come to USWA to help out with this George Wells situation."

Fergie: "Say the word….and I'll get him there…..but enough business for now….let's go enjoy some steak and lobster….and of course….some champagne…"

(END VTR)

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #3

Terry Taylor pinned "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Downtown Bruno following a "five arm"

(As Taylor is heading back to the dressing room, Ronnie Gossett waddles over to the aisle with a mic and stops him)

RPG: "Terry Taylor, I'd like to get a quick word with you…..I wanted to offer you a moment to speak without getting steamrolled by Bob Armstrong….and I'd also like to know if you would like to comment on the fact you advanced in the tournament last week solely because of an obvious fast count from that greenhorn Daddy's boy, Jeff Jarrett."

TT: "First of all, I wasn't steamrolled by my partner Bob Armstrong….so don't come out here trying to stir things up or claim there's smoke where there's absolutely no fire. Secondly, as for the so called 'fast count' by Jeff Jarrett, he may have gotten a little over zealous being it was his first time reffing a match and maybe his count wasn't consistent….but that's not on me….I just pinned the Dirty White Boy and there's no disputing that and if George Barnes wants another match with a different referee…I'll be more than happy to beat him again anytime they wanna sign the match…..now if you'll excuse…we're done here."

===================

Platt: "Well there you have it from Terry Taylor, he's putting any rumors to rest that there's any tensions between he and his partner 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong.  He also mentioned the incident last week with referee Jeff Jarrett…..his father Jerry Jarrett has some words about that situation….let's here from Mr. Jarrett right now."

(VTR- Jerry Jarrett is sitting at his desk in his office)

Jerry: "You know I sent my son down to Twin States Wrestling to be a referee while he trained to be a professional wrestler in hopes that he wouldn't encounter any issues related to being my son….but after an honest mistake with a count in his first match, he's already got George Barnes attacking him. It was my intention to fine and suspend George Barnes just like I would any wrestler that attacked any referee but Jeff has come to me and asked me, man to man to not fine or suspend George Barnes for his actions. He's also asked to stop being a referee and to begin his career as a pro wrestler….I don't feel he's ready for that just yet but I do agree that it's probably best if he stops being a referee.  He's requested a match with George Barnes, again I don't feel he's ready for that….however, a guy who would like nothing more than to see George Barnes get beaten by a rookie, 'Superstar' Bill Dundee has agreed to come off the road and spend the next few weeks training Jeff one on one to get him ready for this match….so I'll keep an eye on his progress and announce right here on television when I feel Jeff is ready to make his debut against George Barnes."

(END VTR)

RPG: "Well I'm glad to see that at least Jerry Jarrett can admit he's raised an idiot who can't count and has no business being a referee….but if wants to get the kid killed, a gun would be quicker and less painful than letting George Barnes get his hands on him in a wrestling match…this will be a legalized murder."

Platt: "We'll see about that….Jeff Jarrett is an athlete and he just may surprise you….especially with a great trainer like Bill Dundee."

RPG: "Oh sure, if Jarrett was going to be facing Lord Littlebrook or Sky Low Low, there's no one better to train somebody than Bill Dundee….but to face a grown man….and a dangerous man like George Barnes…he's leading a lamb to slaughter…..and I couldn't be happier!"

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #4

Bad News Allen w/Slick defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda by submission with the cross armbar after ramming Street's shoulder into the ringpost

===================

Promo airs for the USWA David Von Erich Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament

===================

MATCH #5:

Scott Armstrong/Chicky Starr fought The Fabulous Blondes (Eric Embry/Steve Regal) w/Johnny V to a double count out

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #6

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Twin States Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landell w/Luscious Johnny V vs. Mr. Olympia

A wild hard hitting main event as Olympia came in looking for revenge….it appears to be Stubbs in the match after all. After 16 minutes of back and forth action, Olympia seems to have things going his way when he goes to shoot Landel into the cage but Landel reverses it and rams Olympia directly into the referee knocking him into the cage leaving the referee down and out……after a few moments, Olympia hits Landel with a DDT and goes for the cover but the ref is stilll out…..another referee runs down to ringside and unlocks the cage so he can replace the other referee but once he unlocks the cage and goes to enter it, he's pushed out of the way by Eric Embry and Steve Regal who enter the cage instead and attack Olympia…..within a few moments, the other two "Mr. Olympias" enter the cage and it's a wild six way brawl.

Platt: "Fans, this has completely broken down now that Landel forced them to unlock the cage after taking out the referee."

RPG: "That was clearly an accident Platt, it was not intentional."

Platt: "I don't believe that…..either way we're out of time and there's no way the referee will regain control of this title match, tune in next week to find out what the ruling is and who ends up walking out the Twin States Champion!"

© 1986 Twin States Wrestling/Jarrett Promotions

-Columbus House Show-

Street/Boyd is one hell of an opener!

I am interested to see where you take the "Mr. Pro" gimmick.

Glad to see that someone took my idea of teaming the other Morton and Gibson!

This new referee sucks.

Bad News can't be happy about Fergie causing him to get the losers purse. This should be interesting.

Wild tag team match in the semi-main. Moondogs/Nightmares are going to end up a blood feud at this rate. I'm sure the Rich's loved that finish!

Los Tres Olympias with the big win in the main. Johnny V eating the pin is a nice way to keep the heat.

-Television-

Rich Cousins suspended from Television!! Boo!!!

Bob Armstrong picks up a nice win against Kiniski in the opener to advance in the tournament. Kiniski may be Mr. Pro, but Armstrong showed who the wrestling master is with that finish.

Gulf Coast Clash is already looking stacked, and the first four announced teams from Twin States for the DVEMTTT are looking tough. This is going to be a ton of fun.

Ayala advances in the tournament working over the knee of Garvin. Love the continuity on the injury.

Another fantastic segment with Morrow and Fergie! These two have become some of my favorite characters in the game. You add in Slick and Bad News, and this shit is gold!

Nice win for poor, blind, Armstrong lackey, Terry Taylor!

Oh good, Jeff Jarrett is going from being a piss poor referee to being a wrestler now. I sure hope he gets his blinking cowboy hat a few years early....

Bad News/Adrian Street is a match I didn't know I wanted to see until right now. I can see Bad New taking him lightly, then Street knocking the shit out of him, and then one hell of a fight breaking out.

Love the big clusterfuck ending of the cage match. Plays nicely into the multiple Olympia angle, and sets up a ton of potential ways to go next. Look forward to seeing whats next!

Good stuff my man! Always enjoy the action here in Twin States!

AWWWWW Man no Rich's tonight, bummer. Well, they did make some pretty harsh comments. 

Mr. Pro gets his first lost. No shame that it came at the hands of Bullet Bob. 

Teams are lining up for the DVE tournament. This is getting better and better. Gulf Coast Clash looks like another wild night in Twin States.

Ayala vs. Garvin! Talk about a hard hitting match. Ayala takes advantage of the previous injury and puts Garvin down to advance.

HAHAHA! What a week! Fergie shows up on USWA and Morrow makes the trip to visit Fergie and gets introduced to Bad News. Allen grabbing the bottle and chugging the champagne was hilarious! Watching all these guys work together in Texas is going to be so much fun. Hmmmmm, maybe Morrow should acquire Allen's services to take care of George Wells.

Taylor advances with a nice win over Dirty White Boy. LOL, RPG trying to stir things up was great. 

Young Jeff wants to get in the ring. Huge task ahead taking on Barnes. However, he does have Dundee training him. Very interesting. I like how your using the Jarrett's here. I thought about picking up Jeff at one point but had no idea how to work the father/son dynamic. You clearly got this down. 

Bad News vs. The Exotic One is quite the visual. Bad News advances. Allen, Bullet, Ayala and Taylor. Not a bad final four. Funk better be on high alert because these guys are going through a lot to get to him. 

There was no way this main event would end without chaos. Great way to keep this feud going. I hope we get all 6 of them in a tag cage match. 

I love all the storylines you have going on. Each segment means something. 

Great work Gene! 

Fun TV as always.

-Wonder if we might be seeing a Fritz sighting in the USWA... the tourny, the return to the Sportatorium and the Rich's being suspended for thier comments.

-Speaking if the DVE Memorial tourny, liking the first 4 teams in but wishing Tommy and Johnny are eventually allowed in.

-Gulf Coast Clash is going to be wild.  Mulligan and Khan would be awesome to see.

-Hercules with a pretty clean win over Ron Garvin.  Looks like you have big plans for him.  Can't wait.

-Ferige and Morrow better be careful with their words around Bad News!  That was a really well written segment.

-Great way to introduce JJ with the ref thing.  He was a really believable idea in a time when people still thought wrestling to be real.  It got his some sympathy from the fans and got him some natural enemies with the likes of Barnes.  

-Terry Taylor continues his ascension towards the top with a nice win over the Dirty White Boy.  Awesome job by RPG stirring up some trouble after the match.  

-I need to find that mainevent on youtube. It was awesome.  

TwinStatesColorLogo.jpg

Twin States Wrestling Episode #27
Pre-Recorded
Airing on: Saturday January 23, 1986

Before we go to the normal opening, we see footage of how last week's main event ended:

(VTR-
Olympia seems to have things going his way when he goes to shoot Landel into the cage but Landel reverses it and rams Olympia directly into the referee knocking him into the cage leaving the referee down and out……after a few moments, Olympia hits Landel with a DDT and goes for the cover but the ref is stilll out…..another referee runs down to ringside and unlocks the cage so he can replace the other referee but once he unlocks the cage and goes to enter it, he's pushed out of the way by Eric Embry and Steve Regal who enter the cage instead and attack Olympia…..within a few moments, the other two "Mr. Olympias" enter the cage and it's a wild six way brawl.

Platt: "Fans, this has completely broken down now that Landel forced them to unlock the cage after taking out the referee."

RPG: "That was clearly an accident Platt, it was not intentional."

Platt: "I don't believe that…..either way we're out of time and there's no way the referee will regain control of this title match, tune in next week to find out what the ruling is and who ends up walking out the Twin States Champion!"
-END VTR)

Platt: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I’m Charlie Platt along with Ronnie P. Gossett, and Ronnie we just saw the craziness at the end of last week's main event, thanks to the Platinum Club."

RPG: "It wasn't JUST the Platinum Club, the Olympias were involved as well."

Platt: "They came to the aid of Mr. Olympia, they certainly did not initiate this fiasco."
(Buddy Landel comes strolling out to the set with the Twin States title belt)

Landel: "The point is Charles, I'm still your Twin States Champion."

Platt: "Well that unfortunately is the case but I understand that Les Thatcher has a big announcement in the Twin States event center this week about a big match that's going to happen at Gulf Coast Clash involving you and your Platinum Club buddies."

Landel: "Oh I'm sure Les Thatcher and Jerry Jarrett have spent all week long plotting and scheming some kinda way to stick it to the 'Nature Boy', just like they thought they had last week….but as you can see, not even a steel cage can contain the Platinum Club…..besides, if it weren't for the footage I'm sure you'd have no recollection of what happened last week, I'm sure you were completely hammered by the time the main event went on."

Platt: "Are you really going to continue this ridiculous accusation every week that I'm an alcoholic, when I don't even drink?"

RPG: "Well Platt, are you going to continue to insinuate every week that our champion, Buddy Landel and the Platinum Club are cheaters."

Platt: "I don't have to insinuate anything, there's footage to prove it."

Landel: "Come on now you lush, it's 1986…you guys can do all sorts of trickery with that video to make it look like WE cheated….ya'll probably edited the tape to make it look like Embry and Regal ran in the cage first instead of the Olympias."

Platt: "That's what happened, everyone saw it as it aired last week."

Landel: "Platt, you know darn good and well this show isn't live….you guys can edit that stuff before it ever airs….like I'm sure they just edited it where it sounds like I said darn instead of damn a minutue ago."

Platt: (flustered) "But they just heard you say it right now, plus if we were going to edit something out, why wouldn't just edit everything you just said out of the show?"

Landel: "I don't know that you didn't? We're taping this right now….I'm sure none of this will air….you'll just show the doctored footage that makes it look like Embry and Regal entered the cage first, when in reality….the other two Olympias came in and attacked me first, then Embry and Regal came down after they were already in the cage and saved their beloved partner and noble champion, your's truly….and Charlie Platt, you know that's the God's honest truth, cross my heart and hope you die."

Platt: (throws his hands up) "Maybe I should start drinking…."

RPG: "Not yet Charlie, we're not even five minutes into this thing."

Platt: "I meant in general…good lord.  Anyway, Buddy if you'll excuse us we have a show to do here….fans, we have another great show in store for you today as we'll have the two semi-final matches in the USWA World Championship contenders tournament. Joe Pedicino will announce more matches for Gulf Coast Clash, as well as four more teams from Twin States that will enter the David Von Erich Memorial tag team tournament plus we'll see the debut of the Sheepherders and more. Let's go to the ring for our opening match and see Chicky Starr in action who will be challenging his friend Scott Armstrong in a rematch for the USWA Southern Junior heavyweight championship at the Gulf Coast Clash."
====================
MATCH #1:
Chicky Starr pinned Eddie Wilson with a crucifix

====================
(After the match, we go to Joe Pedicino with a young man in the interview area)

Joe: "Charlie, I'm sorry to interupt but I have a young man here who says he wants to apoligize on behalf of his family, Les Thatcher asked we allow him the time, he tells me this is Davey Rich, cousin of Johnny and Tommy Rich."

Davey: "Thank you Mr Pedicino, I want to thank you, Mr. Thatcher, and Mr. Jarrett for allowing me this time to speak on behalf of the entire Rich family."

Joe: "You're welcome Davey, tell us what's on your mind."

Davey: "Well, as you may or may not know I just recently broke into the wrestling business and had been looking forward to joining my cousins Johnny and Tommy in the USWA back around Thanksgiving and I just couldn't believe the way they had been acting…..I mean Johnny had gone sideways quite a while ago with this whole 'Memphis Mafia Man' nonsense and Tommy promised he was going there to "talk some sense into him"…..then Tommy showed up and was acting as bad or perhaps worse than Johnny and quite frankly it was embarassing our entire family.  Myself being young and brand new to the wrestling business, I didn't want to associate myself with them due to how they were behaving so I talked to Mr. Les Thatcher about coming here to Twin States after the first of the year rather than going to the USWA…then Johnny and Tommy attacked Brad Armstrong and Wendell Cooley and suddenly made their way here so I didn't really want to come here since they were now here dragging the family name through the mud with their reprehensible actions…..but Mr. Pedicino, a couple of weeks ago they took it too far, the things they said about not only the state of Texas but also the Von Erich family were just too much.  Members of our family and myself sat them down and had a talk with them and they've seen the error of their ways and they truly do feel terrible about what they've said and done since coming here.  I gave a tape to the production truck and if you wouldn't mind I'd like you to please show it to the people right now as they would really like to give a heartfelt apology to everyone they've offended in recent weeks."

Joe: "Um…ok…I haven't seen this tape so as a disclaimer let me just state whatever views are expressed in this video do not nessecerily reflect those of Twin States Wrestling."

(VTR: A camera has very tight shot on the faces of Johnny and Tommy Rich, it looks like one of those hostage videos and they are clearly reading these statements as they show no emotion whatsoever)

Johnny: "Good evening everyone….I would just like to state for the record…that myself and my cousin Tommy Rich are very very sorry for all the bad things we have said and done in recent weeks. I don't know what got into us but we should not have said the awful things we said about the state of Texas and the Von Erich family. The things we said in no way reflect the views and opinions of the Rich family or anyone else involved in professional wrestling. Please accept our sincere apologies."

Tommy: "That's right Johnny. Having attempted to read through the mountain of misspelled hate mail we got from Texas and then listening to the very confusing, angry answering machine message that we thought was from George 'the Animal' Steele but turned out to be Mike Von Erich, we were able to see the error of our ways.  So, I would just like to echo what Johnny just said and also extend my sincere apology to anyone in Texas who we may have offended and any of the Von Erich family who may have been effected by our cruel words.  We hope that everyone accepts our apology and allows the current Twin States Wrestling tag team champions to compete in this prestigious tournament.  We'd also like to thank our cousin Davey for helping us understand why we were wrong.  Thank you for listening and bless you all."
====================
COMMERCIAL BREAK
====================
Platt: "I'm not sure how I feel about that apology from the Richs….I mean…is their cousin Davey being genuine? because I certainly didn't think anything that the two of them said was."

RPG: "Charlie Platt, how could you question them? They come on this television show that they'v been callously banned from and pour their hearts out with sincere, heartfelt apologies and you have the nerve to mock and question their sincerity?"

Platt: "Did you hear the comment about Mike Von Erich?"

RPG: "Have you heard Mike Von Erich talk recently?"
(Before Platt can respond, George Barnes and Lord Jonathan Boyd rush the desk)

Barnes: "Who cares about the Richs!?! I wanna talk about that snot nosed punk, Jeff Jarrett! That entitled little mama's boy decides he wants to join the family business so they just throw him out there as a referee? Not just in any match, mate…but in MY World title tournament match! Then the little no good spoiled yank, gives a fast count and costs me my shot at the World title….and now that no good backstabber Bill Dundee is training him to wrestle because Jerry Jarrett thinks he's just going to let this kid wrestle because he wants to?? Bill Dundee, Jerry Jarrett, and especially you little Jeffery Jarrett….you better listen and listen good! You better learn everything you can boy from Dundee, from your daddy, Adrian Street….ANYBODY you can….because when you step across that ring from me…it will be your first and LAST match!" (Barnes storms off)

Boyd: "Ronnie Gossett, everyone knows I'm Lord Jonathan Boyd….LORD of the Sheepherders! I have brought in my boys from New Zealand since George Barnes is preoccupied with Jerk Jarrett…I've brought in my brothers Butch Miller and Luke Williams and they're going to be looking to enter that big Von Erich tag team tournament and bring home the money! Take a look at what's about to happen in this ring right now!"
-----------------------------------
MATCH #2:
The Sheepherders (Butch Miller/Luke Williams) w/Lord Jonathan Boyd defeated Slim Jefferson/Randy Watson when Miller pinned Jefferson after the "Battering Ram"

=====================
(Brad Armstrong is standing in the dressing room with Joe Pedicino)

Joe: "Brad, it's good to see you back, we haven't seen you or your partner Wendell Cooley since you guys lost the Twin States tag team titles right here on television a couple of weeks ago."

Brad: "Well Joe, we made a couple of mistakes. The first mistake was trusting Johnny and Tommy Rich when they extended their hands in friendship after the first match we had with them….the second mistake was letting our anger overcome our good sense and accept that match on television when Wendell was still obviously very injured….those mistakes cost us the tag team titles, but my Dad taught me there's no shame in making a mistake, the shame is to not learn from them.  We're going to be in this big tournament coming up out in Texas and right now, Wendell is off recovering so that we know he's 100% when he steps through those ropes in Dallas.  However Mr. Pedicino, we just hope and pray that we cross paths with the Richs in that tournament but trust and believe if we don't cross paths with them in Texas, we damn sure will here in Twin States!
=====================
MATCH #3:
The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Bubba Monroe/Ronnie Jenkins when Davis pinned Monroe after a legdrop off the top rope following a tombstone piledriver from Wayne

After the match, Danny Davis got on the mic and said that he and Ken Wayne are sick and tired of being attacked by the Moondogs and they are more than happy to face them in a first blood match at the Gulf Coast Clash, and that the Moondogs might just be surprised at what depths they'll stoop when they have to make somebody bleed!
======================
COMMERCIAL BREAK
======================
When we return from the commercial break, "Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski is in the ring with a microphone, he says that he is exactly what he claims to be….the greatest PRO WRESTLER in Twin States Wrestling. He says last week he was screwed out of the USWA World title tournament by the punching, kicking, and brawling of Bob Armstrong and that isn't wrestling……but once again he's issuing an open challenge to anyone who wants to WRESTLE him.  After a moment or two, newcomer Todd Morton comes down to ringside and accepts the challenge.
-------------------------------------
MATCH #4:
"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski pinned Todd Morton with a bridging German Suplex
=======================
(We then go to Joe Pedicino in the Twin States Event Center)

Joe: "Welcome back to the Twin States Wrestling Event Center, I'm Joe Pedicino and I've got some big news about some upcoming events here in Twin States and throughout the USWA. First I want to announce the next four teams representing Twin States in the David Von Erich Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament.  The number five team is the former Twin States tag team champions 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley and Brad Armstrong. The sixth team will be the tag team of 'Superstar' Bill Dundee and 'Exotic' Adrian Street along with Miss Linda. Team number seven will be 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong and Terry Taylor, and team number eight will be the Twin States Tag Team Champions Johnny and Tommy Rich. This leaves two spots left to represent Twin States in the tournament and we will fill those two spots next week with two qualifying matches.  The match to determine team number nine will be Bart and Brad, The Batten Twins facing The Sheepherders, Butch Miller and Luke Williams. The match to determine team number ten, the final team to enter….will be the team of Fire and Flame taking on The Armstrongs, Scott and Steve. That means if Scott and Steve are able to qualify, all of the wrestling Armstrong family will be competing in this tournament."
(We see a highlight reel of all the teams announced tonight in action)

Joe: "Last week we announced the following matches for the Gulf Coast Clash on Sunday January 31st in Biloxi, Mississippi: 

USWA World Championship
Terry Funk
vs.

BUNKHOUSE MATCH
vs.

First Blood Match
vs.

30 Minute Time Limit
Scott Armstrong
vs.
Chicky Starr

Joe: "Tonight, we can confirm that the match has been signed with George Barnes taking on Jeff Jarrett in his very first pro wrestling match.  Now after what happened last week, Les Thatcher has been in meetings all week with Jerry Jarrett trying to decide what to do about the issues between The Platinum Club and the three Mr Olympias…..let's hear from Mr. Thatcher, right now."

Thatcher: "Thank you Joe, We really didn't expect things to play out the way they did last week but I've sat down with Jerry Jarrett this week and I think we have come up with a scenario where things will get settled in the cage this time around. So here's where we're at.  The main event at Gulf Coast Clash will be a six man tag team Steel Cage match with The Platinum Club of Buddy Landel, Eric Embry, and Steve Regal with Johnny V taking on Mr Olympia 1, 2, and 3.  There's going to be some special stipulations in this one….first there will be TWO referees inside the cage to make sure we don't encounter what happened last time…but more on that in a moment.  Here's the special stipulations….If ANY of the Olympias get pinned, the one who gets pinned or submits will have to remove his mask before leaving the cage and they will have to leave Twin States. If Eric Embry or Steve Regal get pinned or submit, they will have their head shaved AND they will have to leave Twin States….however if Buddy Landel gets pinned or submits, he will lose the Twin States Championship and LEAVE Twin States! One more detail though…the one referee inside the cage will be referee Larry Brock….the other referee inside the cage will be special enforcer…..BRUISER BRODY!"
=======================
(Camera cuts away from the Event Center and over to the desk)

RPG: "Has Thatcher lost his ever loving mind??"
(The Platinum Club come out to the desk, all beside themselves)

Landel: "What in the hell is going on here?? You can't just make insane stipulations like that….the boys get their head shaved AND leave town? I lose my title AND leave town? But more importantly, when did Bruiser Brody become a referee or even work for this company??" 

Embry: "He ain't been to referee school! He is not qualified to referee a match! I object."

Platt: "Well Mr Embry, this isn't court….this is Twin States Wrestling and unfortunately for you guys what Les Thatcher and Jerry Jarrett says….goes….so whoever it is that gets pinned at Gulf Coast Clash…well, I can't say we'll miss you."

Landel: "Do you think this is funny, Platt?  Do you think is some kinda joke? They're screwing with people's lives here…..this isn't funny at all! Bruiser Brody is a lunatic that doesn't like me….this is a conspiracy to run the Platinum Club out of Twin States."

Platt: "That's a real shame."

Landel: "I wish I could say what I really want to say right now….but that's fine Charlie Platt, you and all these idiot redneck fans out here laugh it up…and just remember you thought you had me last week but the 'Nature Boy' always finds a way….and Gulf Coast Clash will be no different….and if Brody gets in my face, I'll slap a figure four leglock on him and send him back to wherever he came from!"
=======================
MATCH #5:
USWA World Championship Contenders Tournament

Semi-Finals
"Bullet" Bob Armstrong pinned Hercules Ayala w/Downtown Bruno when Ayala tried to charge Armstrong in the corner right as the bell rang and Armstrong managed to side step Ayala and catch him with a school boy roll up for the surprise quick win!
====================
COMMERCIAL BREAK
====================
MATCH #6:
MAIN EVENT
Semi-Finals

Terry Taylor
vs.
Bad News Allen w/Slick

A great back and forth match that went on for several minutes….with Taylor starting to get the upperhand….he managed hit to Bad News with the "five arm" and looked to have him beat when Bad News got a foot on the ropes….Slick laid his cane down on the ring apron and then jumped up on the opposite side of the ring and began to argue with the referee…..As Taylor went over to pick Allen up off the mat, Allen jabbed Taylor in the throat with the cane….Taylor went down and Bad News covered him as Slick got off the ring apron and the referee counted 1-2-3!!

Platt: "Well that's unfortunate for Terry Taylor but…that means we will now see Bad News Allen face 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong right here on televsion next week in the finals of the tournament with the winner facing Terry Funk for the USWA World Championship the following day at Gulf Coast Clash!"

RPG: "What a roller coaster ride of a show here today Platt…..from the tear jerking heartfelt apology from our beloved Twin States tag team champions to the absolute screwing of the Platinum Club by Jarrett and Thatcher….it's been a crazy show."

Platt: "Well next week promises to be great as we'll not only see Bob Armstrong vs. Bad News Allen, we'll also have two qualifying matches for the David Von Erich Memorial tag team tournament as The Sheepherders face the Batten Twins and the Armstrongs face Fire and Flame…..I was also just informed that Bruiser Brody will be here in person next week, and that Blackjack Mulligan will be here as well …so for Ronnie P. Gossett, I'm Charlie Platt, we'll see you next week for more….Twin States Wrestling!"

Tremendous opening as RPG and Landel may have actually convinced Platt that he is an alcoholic. Landel explaining video trickery is brilliant!

Chicky Starr picks up a nice win in the opener and will hope to keep that momentum going when he gets his rematch for the Southern Junior Title at Gulf Coast Clash.

Davey Rich makes his debut and he has a.... heartfelt apology from his cousins? This should be good..... and as I expected it was. If the Rich Cousins leave Texas alive, it is going to be a miracle.

I look forward to George Barnes giving J-e-Double-F a proper thrashing at the earliest possible moment. In the meantime, Lord Boyd managing The Sheepherders should spell a ton of trouble for the tag team division here in Twin States.

Moondogs/Nightmares in a first blood match? That should be a freaking war!

Mr. Pro lost because his opponent brawled and didn't wrestle! Awesome excuse!

Four more teams announced for the DVE, and some big ones. Street/Dundee and Taylor/Armstrong are certainly not natural teams, but big name pairings none the less.

Holy Shit! That cage match at Gulf Coast Clash is fucking huge! Someone is leaving town, the title is on the line, the masks are on the line, and someone's hair is on the line.. with Brody as the referee!! WOW! It truly doesn't get much bigger than that!

Platinum Club is pissed off! "He ain't been to referee school!" cracked me up.

Bob Armstrong outsmarts Ayala and gets the quick and easy win!!

Terry Taylor almost gets the best of Bad News, but with a little help from the Slickster and his cane, Bad News advances and we'll see Bullet and Bad News go one on one next week to determine who fights The Funker! Either way that goes, that should be something to see!

Great stuff as always man!!

I'm sire this would be the highest rated TV show every week in Mississippi and Alabama!

Landel sure did change from the cocky, arrogant Landel to the freightened, insecure Landel from the beginning of the show to the end of the show!

We know we can't trust Tommy and Johnny... the only question left to find out is if Davey is the same or if he is being duked by his own family.

Really glad Tommy and Johnny are in the tournament... expect some chaos!

Big win for The Bullet.  Ayala went over Ron Garvin last time and now the Bullet over Ayala.  Keeps Bob right where he belongs... on top here in Twin States.

Slick together with Allen is BAD NEWS!  Poor Terry Taylor is just the latest victum.

Was already looking forwatd to the Gulf Coast Clash but now this 6 man tag match makes it must see TV.  I have know idea who I want to lose.  Would love to see a shaved head but also want to see who the Olympians are.

Thanks for always entertaining us!

"Cross my heart and hope you die" HAHAHAHA Landel is the greatest! I really do think Landel is going to drive Platt to drinking. 

"We got an angry message we thought was George Steele but it turned out to be Mike Von Erich" LOL! The Rich's and Landel on the same show is priceless! The Rich's heartfelt apology was to much, I couldn't stop laughing. They're going to get so much heat when they come back. 

Young Jeff Jarrett is in for a fight against Barnes. Good thing Jarrett has Dundee training him. I'm really liking this story. 

Oh man, Boyd brings in the Sheepherders! Twin States is the perfect place for them. 

Brad is fired up. When Cooley gets back, that first match with the Rich's is going to be a must see. 

Moondogs are wild and vicious but we all know the Nightmares can fight fire with fire. 

Mr. Pro gets back on track with another open challenge victory. Love the scientific heel amongst all the rowdiness in Twin States. 

The DVE tournament is going to be stacked! Just look at those teams.

Can't wait for Gulf Coast Clash. The stipulations for the main event cage match are insane and to top it off BRUISER BRODY is going to be the enforcer!  This one's going to be NUTS! 

LOL! Landel threatening Brody had me cracking up. 

Bullet Bob advances to the finals with a quick pin on Ayala. No harm done to Ayala. 

Bad News gets the tainted win over Taylor. I'm more than ok with this because now we get Bullet and Bad News in the finals. Man, I would love to see either of these guys wrestle Funk. Next week can't come soon enough. 

Another outstanding week Gene!  

TwinStatesColorLogo.jpg

Twin States Wrestling Episode #28

Pre-Recorded

Airing on: Saturday January 30, 1986

Platt: "Welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt along with Ronnie P. Gossett and we have another great show for you here this week as we'll be filling the last two spots in the huge thirty two team David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament where the winners will get $100,000 and a trophy.  Also, tonight in the main event "Bullet" Bob Armstrong will face Bad News Allen in the finals of the USWA World Championship Contenders tournament where the winner will challenge Terry Funk tomorrow night in Biloxi, Mississippi at Gulf Coast Clash for the USWA World Heavyweight Championship!"

RPG: "I understand Joe Pedicino will be announcing the rest of the matches for Gulf Coast Clash here tonight, and I also hear there's some other big things happening here in the near future."

Platt: "It's was announced this week that Les Thatcher and Jerry Jarrett have signed a deal that will have this television program getting seen on many more television stations across the Southeast as well as bringing you live action not only to Alabama and Mississippi but we'll be coming to Georgia and Florida as well.  So, with that being said….now that we will be expanding beyond the Twin States of Alabama and Mississippi, we'll need a name that reflects that fact so tonight's episode will be the last episode of Twin States Wrestling and beginning next week here on television, we'll now be known as Continental Championship Wrestling as we'll be broadcasting from Rome, Georgia for the first time."

RPG: "Exciting news as even more fans will get the opportunity to hear the expert color analysis of your's truly, Ronnie P. Gossett."

Platt: "Well, so it's not all good news but we'll have to focus on the positives I guess."

RPG: "Speaking of bad news and no, not the guy whose going to destroy Bob Armstrong tonight….I mean other bad news as in, last week….you and that jerk Les Thatcher upset Buddy Landel and the Platinum Club so much that they have refused to appear on television this week as they are preparing for that six man tag team cage match tomorrow night."

Platt: "I happen to think they aren't here because they heard that Bruiser Brody is going to be here to talk about being the special enforcer referee tomorrow night….and the Platinum Club not being here is the best news I've heard all day….Speaking of positives, I’m positive that right now we're ready to go to the ring to see Chicky Starr in action.

==================

MATCH #1:

Chicky Starr pinned Eddie Wilson with a sunset flip off the top rope

==================

VTR: Blackjack Mulligan and Kendall Windham are at the ranch as Mulligan says he's been training harder than he ever has in his life to comeback for revenge on Killer Khan and Sir Oliver Humperdink and tomorrow night in Biloxi, revenge will be his! Windham chimes in that once they take care of Killer Khan, they are determined to find out who put this bounty on his Dad in the first place!

==================

MATCH #2:

Handicap Match

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdunk defeated Frank Reynolds/Roy Munson when Khan pinned Reynolds after a knee drop from the top rope

After the match, Humperdink takes the mic and says tomorrow night his man Killer Khan is going to finish what he started on Blackjack Mulligan back at Christmas and will end his career and collect that bounty…and he says they may just take out Kendall Windham for free!

==================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==================

MATCH #3:

DVE Memorial Tag Team Tournament Qualifier

The Sheepherders (Butch Miller/Luke Williams) w/Lord Jonathan Boyd defeated The Batten Twins (Bart/Brad) when Williams pinned Brad after Boyd hit him with the flagpole while the referee was distracted

===================

(Joe Pedicino joins us in the Twin States Event Center)

Pedicino: "Fans, we're less than 24 hours away from 'Gulf Coast Clash' coming up in Biloxi, Mississippi and so far we've announced the following matches…"

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN STEEL CAGE MATCH

If ANY of the Olympias lose, they must unmask and leave Twin States

If Embry or Regal lose, they must get their head shaved and leave Twin States
If Landel loses, he loses the Twin States title and leaves town

Two Referees: Larry Brock and Special Enforcer Bruiser Brody will both be in the cage

Mr. Olympia #1/#2/#3

vs.

The Platinum Club (Buddy Landel/Eric Embry/Steve Regal)

w/Luscious Johnny V.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

USWA World Championship

Terry Funk

vs.

BUNKHOUSE MATCH

vs.

First Blood Match

vs.

30 Minute Time Limit

Scott Armstrong

vs.

Chicky Starr

Grudge Match

Jeff Jarrett w/Bill Dundee

vs.

George Barnes w/Lord Jonathan Boyd

Pedinco: "We can now add to those great matches, a Gulf Coast Championship match..due to his pinfall win in a recent tag team match..the following match has been signed…"

Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship

"Mr. Money" Carl Fergie w/Frank Morrell & Slick

vs.

Terry Taylor

Pedicino: "There's also been a tag team challenge match signed as Lord Jonathan Boyd issued a challenge that has been answered."

Tag Team Challenge Match

The Dynamite Duo (Brickhouse Brown/Norvell Austin) w/Iceman Parsons

vs.

The Sheepherders (Butch Miller/Luke Williams) w/Lord Jonathan Boyd

===================

MATCH #4:

Terry Taylor pinned Randy Watson following the "Five Arm"

After the match: Joe Pedicino came to ringside and asked Taylor about his Gulf Coast Championship match that was just announced. Taylor says that he is going to defeat Carl Fergie and give the fans a Gulf Coast Champion they can be proud of and that he can't wait to see Bob Armstrong defeat Bad News Allen tonight and then take that World Championship from Terry Funk down in Biloxi!

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #5:

DVE Memorial Tag Team Tournament Qualifier

The Armstrongs (Scott/Steve) defeated Fire & Flame when Steve pinned Fire after a dropkick off the top rope

===================

(VTR: Terry Funk is standing in front of a USWA banner with the World title belt draped over his shoulder)

Funk: "Like I don't have enough to deal with right now…..My brother and myself are focused on winning this big tag team tournament coming up in February, where we can not only win a hundred grand but we can also prove to those damn Von Erichs once and for all that the Funks are the only wrestling family from Texas that matters…..then add to that…I've got that fat slob Dusty Rhodes coming after my title, and in middle of all this I've got to travel to that hell hole you call Mississippi and defend this title against either Bob Armstrong or some idiot that calls himself Bad News Allen?? Are you serious right now Jerry Jarrett? First of all, Bob Armstrong is a no good yellow egg suckin' dog and the last time I went down to that area I whipped him and every one of his mongoloid sons to the point they shut the promotion down for months! As for Mr. Bad News….I hear you fancy yourself some kinda tough guy from Harlem, New York. I hear you think you're a real tough guy because you know judo….well Mr. Allen, I may not know judo….and I may not be from New York City but I'll tell you what I do know…and that's crazy…I will hit you with everything in that arena that's not nailed down and I will beat you just like I did the Armstrongs…..just like my brother and I will do 31 other teams in that tournament….and just like I'm going to do to big fat Dusty Rhodes….and you know why? Because I'm Terry G*****N Funk and I'm the USWA World Champion and there's not anybody in the USWA, Texas All Star, Twin States, or any other place they set up a wrestling ring that can beat me….and if you don't believe me….just come try me!"
(END VTR)

===================

(Back in the ring, "Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski has the mic and says last week some young punk tried to answer his challenge but went down just like all the rest. Ricky Gibson comes down to the ring and says that "young punk" that Kiniski beat last week was his friend Todd Morton, so this week he's here to accept the challenge)

MATCH #6:

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski wrestled Ricky Gibson to a 10 minute time limit draw 

After the match, Kiniski is livid…he challenges Gibson to a rematch tomorrow night at Gulf Coast Clash! Gibson accepts.

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

(Joe Pedicino is joined in the interview area by Bruiser Brody)

Pedicino: "It's my pleasure to welcome the one and only Bruiser Brody to Twin States Wrestling, Brody…tomorrow night you'll be the special enforcer referee in a six man tag team Steel Cage Match that promises to be a very volatile situation."

Brody: "You know something Joe…..I'm not experienced at being a referee…but as far as being an enforcer, I can definitely keep order inside that steel cage…..and while I personally can't stand Buddy Landel, I'll call this thing straight down the middle and NOBODY is going to pull any bull tomorrow night…I promise you that!" (with that Brody storms off)

====================

MATCH #7:

MAIN EVENT

FINALS

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

Bad News Allen w/Slick

Bad News enters the ring first……Bullet Bob makes his way down to the ring and as soon as he steps through the ropes the brawl is on! They fight in and out of the ring for several minutes with neither man getting a clear advantage…..until a distraction from Slick allows Bad News to take control of the match…after working over Armstrong for a few minutes, Bad News locks Armstrong in the cross armbar but Armstrong manages to make it to the ropes to for the break….Armstrong starts to make a comeback, when Carl Fergie comes down to the ring and jumps on the apron and calls the referee over, Bad News cuts off Armstrong and grabs his arms behind him….Slick comes in with the cane, and goes to hit Armstrong who ducks causing Slick to nail Bad News by mistake……Armstrong knocks Slick out of the ring and covers Bad News as the referee breaks free from Fergie to count 1-2-3!!

Platt: "Armstrong gets the win and he'll be challenging Terry Funk for the USWA World title tomorrow night in Biloxi, Mississippi!"

RPG: "Bad News is starting to get up and he's not going to be happy with Fergie and Slick!"

Platt: "Join us tomorrow night in Biloxi for Gulf Coast Clash then join us next week for the return of Continental Championship Wrestling!"

As I already said to both Blehschmidt and Spaldoni, I love the way the three of you are working together and the DVE Memorial is going to be awesome.

Looking forward to the expansion of this territory.  More fans need to see this.  I read something recently that CCW was the best territory that nobody saw.  

Can't wait till Gulf Coast Clash... so many good matches   Blackjack and Khan is high up on my list.  Still wondering who placed the bounty.

The Sheepherders and the Armstrongs are nice additions to the DVE tourny

I hope Terry Taylor crushes Fergie but I know Fergie has too much money and a plan.  Hoping it sone how backfires.

Bad News won't get hit with too many canes before somebody gets hurt.

Bruiser Brody seems like the best ref to enforce some order but I never trust the special ref.

Historic day as Twin States morphs into Continental. With your roster, this totally makes sense. The best part is more people get to hear RPG.

Always loved it when wrestlers did promos outside of the arena. Mulligan training with his son at the ranch just adds intensity to his match with Khan. I'm still wondering who put the bounty on Mulligan. 

Humperdink has Khan ready as he destroys 2 men. 

So many great tag teams here. Sheepherders and Armstrongs qualify for the DVE tournament. Who will take home the money? 

Speaking of money, Terry Taylor gets his shot at Mr. Money. I'm thinking Fergie has a plan. 

Another spot on promo by the Funker! "Mongoloid sons" LOL line of the night! I love how Funk is able to do a promo on Jarrett, the Von Erichs, Dusty, Bullet and Bad News all at once. The man sells tickets everywhere he goes. 

Gibson holds Mr. Pro to a draw. Mr. Pro better be more focused tomorrow night. 

The 6 man cage match is going to be off the charts. Throw Brody in the mix and it's going to be insanity at its best. 

Oh man I would hate to be Slick. I think Bad News might actually do some serious damage to him. In the end, we're going to get Funk vs. Bullet for the title! This main event sells out anywhere. 

I can't wait for Gulf Coast Clash! Great job building to this event. 

Twin States continues to grow, and morphs into a new Continental! I like it! Gives the place a much bigger feel!

Chicky Starr pulling out the top rope sunset flip! Big win for the Chickster heading into his Junior Title match!

Blackjack and Khan should be quite the war. Like Kendall, I am very interested to find out who is behind the bounty.

The Sheepwhackers take out the Battens and they are in the DVE. This tournament is going to be something else!!

Gulf Coast Clash is a STACKED card! Looking forward to that one.

Terry Taylor picks up a victory, kisses Bob Armstrongs ass, and then has the audacity to think that he is going to get past Mr. Money! Keep dreaming Rooster!

The younger Armstrongs qualify for the DVE over Fire and Flame, and that's another exciting young team to be part of the proceedings.

Terry God Damn Funk indeed! Great Promo by The Funker!!

Mr. Pro appears to have his hands full with the Rocking and Rolling Express!

Even with all of the personalities involved, when Brody says he will keep order in that cage, I tend to believe him!!

Bob Armstrong wins the main event and goes on to challenge Funk, but I feel like the real story is going to be whether Bad News allows Fergie and Slick to continue living after that screw up!

Looking forward to Gulf Coast Clash!!!

Twin States Wrestling

'GULF COAST CLASH'

Gulf Coast Convention Center

Biloxi, Mississippi

Sunday January 31, 1986

Bell Time: 4pm

Joe Pedicino welcomes everyone to what he says will be the final show "under the Twin States banner" as this week the transition will be made to Continental Championship Wrestling. He announces that the Twin States Championship will remain and a new Continental Heavyweight Champion will be crowned in the coming weeks.

Rematch

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski pinned Ricky Gibson with a small package and a handful of tights

Grudge Match

George Barnes w/Lord Jonathan Boyd

vs.

Jeff Jarrett w/Bill Dundee

The match started out with Jarrett getting in a couple of quick armdrags on Barnes, and then hitting him with a dropkick that sent Barnes out to the floor…and got the crowd solidly behind young Jarrett.  Barnes slowly reenters the ring and as Jeff goes to lock up with him Barnes hits him with a stiff headbutt that legit busts his nose and it immediately starts to pour blood…..Jarrett is clearly rattled and Barnes takes him down to the mat and starts to stretch him for a few minutes.  Barnes suddenly just lets him go and gets up and starts to stomp him from head to toe similar to the 'Garvin Stomp'.  Jarrett crawls to the corner where Dundee tries to wipe away the blood with a towel and tells Jarrett to give it up and fight another day…..but Barnes grabs him by the leg and drags him back to the center of the ring. Barnes straddles him and starts punching him right over the eye busting it open as well…Jarrett is nearly out at this point, Barnes locks him in a 'Boston Crab' but Jarrett refuses to give up as the blood pours from his face…finally as Jarrett is not moving, Dundee throws in the towel to end this massacre!

USWA Southern Junior Heavyweight Championship

30 Minute Time Limit- Rematch

Scott Armstrong

vs.

Chicky Starr

After about 28 minutes of scientific wrestling and both men being cheered by the fans, Scott went for a superkick, Chicky ducked and Scott caught the referee with it by accident.  Scott bent down to try and revive the referee, Chicky came up from behind and kicked Armstrong in the nuts as hard as he could sending Scott crumbling to the mat….Chicky covered Armstrong and shook the referee who managed to roll over and barely count to three…..we have a new USWA Southern Junior Heavyweight Champion and the fans are booing Starr all the way back down the aisle as he holds the belt high over his head!

Tag Team Challenge Match

The Dynamite Duo (Brickhouse Brown/Norvell Austin) w/Iceman Parsons fought The Sheepherders (Butch Miller/Luke Williams) w/Lord Jonathan Boyd to a double countout in a wild brawl that involved all six men which continued up the aisle and back to the dressing room area

Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship

"Mr. Money" Carl Fergie w/Frank Morrell & Slick

vs.

Terry Taylor

Before the match begins, Les Thatcher comes out and announces that Bad News Allen has been escorted out of the building by police to make sure he does not interfere in the match OR the USWA World title match later tonight…though it was not sure which side he would be interfering against after last night's tv endning… Fergie was apprehensive as usual and Taylor controled the first part of the match until Morrell distracted the referee allowing Slick to trip Taylor as he was coming off the ropes.  Bob Armstrong came down to ringside and knocked Frank Morrell on his butt, then grabbed Slick by the collar and dragged him back down the aisle away from the ring…..Fergie's advantage from the trip didn't last long as he was distracted by Slick being dragged away….Taylor recovers and ends up landing the 'five arm' on Fergie….Taylor covers for the 1---2---WHAM! A bottle shatters over the head of Terry Taylor as GERRY MORROW just slid in the ring out of nowhere and busts a champagne bottle over the head of Taylor causing the ref to call for the DQ, Fergie loses but retains the Gulf Coast Championship thanks to his new tag team partner!  As Taylor is rolling around on the canvas holding his head, Morrow helps Fergie up off the mat and raises his hand as if he'd won, this brings 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong charging back down to the ring as Fergie/Morrow quickly powder out!

FIRST BLOOD MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink in a wild first blood match when Danny Davis managed to bust open Moondog Spot with his own bone that he brings to the ring….however after the match, the Moondogs attacked the Nightmares with chairs and left them laying….and bleeding

BUNKHOUSE MATCH

Blackjack Mulligan w/Kendall Windham pinned Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with the claw after a brutal and bloody match…..After the match, Mulligan locked Humperdink in the claw hold as well….until the Moondogs came back out and attacked Mulligan/Windham with chairs…Khan joined in as well and they ended up leaving both Mulligan and Kendall laid out

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

USWA World Championship

Terry Funk

vs.

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

The challenger Bob Armstrong makes his way out first to his signature ring music, "Bad to the Bone" as the fans in Biloxi go nuts…..moments later the USWA World Champion Terry Funk comes storming down the aisle swinging his branding iron and yelling at fans….he goes to the announcer's table and demands a microphone.

Funk: "Bob Armstrong…you no good son of a bitch! You claim you wanted this….you claim you want to get your hands on me….well, apparently you have a short memory because the last time I came down here to this pissbucket of a state…I beat up you! I beat up all of your sissy sons who can't wrestle and left with my head held high….so if you want more of the same, stay your ass in that ring and I'll give it to you. But if you've got any sense at all, you'll take this opportunity to do that stupid looking knock knee'd dance of your's right back down that aisle and back home to your whore of a wi…"

Before Funk could finish his sentence Armstrong jumped out of the ring and nailed him with a big right hand and tossed him into the ring as the referee called for the bell.  The match starts out as a wild brawl in and out of the ring….but finally calms down a bit after about 4 minutes and starts to resemble a World title match. The match stays pretty back and forth, after about 16 minutes, Funk hits Armstrong with a piledriver but Armstrong kicks out! Funk is livid as he was convinced the match was over…Funk goes for another piledriver but Armstrong reverses it with a backdrop….Armstrong hits Funk with a flurry of punches and shoots Funk off the ropes and catches him with a sleeper! Funk is in trouble here….he goes to one knee…he's fading fast….the ref checks the arm….it goes down once…..ref checks it again…it goes down again….the ref checks it for the third and final time when suddenly…..WHAM! Armstrong gets blasted from behind with the branding iron by……DORY FUNK JR! The referee calls for the bell, it's going to be a DQ on the champ. Dory repeatedly beats Armstrong across the shoulder with the branding iron until Brad, Scott, and Steve Armstrong hit the ring causing the Funks to quickly retreat!

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN STEEL CAGE MATCH

If ANY of the Olympias lose, they must unmask and leave Twin States

If Embry or Regal lose, they must get their head shaved and leave Twin States
If Landel loses, he loses the Twin States title and leaves town

Two Referees: Larry Brock and Special Enforcer Bruiser Brody will both be in the cage

Mr. Olympia #1/#2/#3

vs.

The Platinum Club (Buddy Landel/Eric Embry/Steve Regal)

w/Luscious Johnny V.

Thanks to special enforcer Bruiser Brody, the first 18 minutes of the match functioned as a somewhat normal six man tag team match…as Brody would get in the face of the heels whenever they tried to cheat…but finally at one point Olympia #1 had Landel in a headlock who fired him off into Brody causing their heads to collide and they both went down to the mat….at that point, everyone came in and broke into a huge brawl…..as Olympia #1/Brody tried to shake it off and get back to their feet….Olympia #3 went to the top rope and came off with a flying shoulder tackle on Landel and covered him for the pin when suddenly Olympia #2 dropped on elbow drop right on the back of Olympia #3's head and rolled Landel on top….Larry Brock counts 1-2-3!! The Platinum Club have won and they all including Olympia #2 swarm on Bruiser Brody and attack him, and then quickly exit the cage as Mr Olympia #1 and #3 start to recover. 

Outside the ring, Olympia #2 voluntarily removes his mask to reveal……MATT BORNE!  Landel takes the mic.

Landel: "I told you people that the 'Nature Boy' ALWAYS has a plan, now welcome the newest member of the Platinum Club, 'Maniac' Matt Borne! Now, we already know who the Olympia is that got pinned..but go ahead and take that mask off then get the hell outta this company…chump!"

(Back inside the cage, Mr. Olympia #3 unmasks to reveal….DJ Peterson who will now be leaving Twin States….another microphone has been brought into the cage)

Brody: "Buddy Landel, you bleach blond idiot! Savor this victory, boy! You just made a lifelong enemy out of Bruiser Brody and I won't stop until I take your title…and turn every strand of blond hair on your head….blood red!!"

Olympia: "Matt Borne, you sell out….you traitor…..you better look over your shoulder everywhere you go because I'll make you pay for this if it's the last thing I ever do!"

Wow... I was hooked on every word.

I liked how you kept the integrity of the card by giving us some true opening matches, some great midcard matches and some huge matches at the end of the card.  I tend to throw all my big guns into events like this which isn't true to histroy as we could never bring in enough fans to pay everyone.

The story of Jeff Jarrett continues to grow.... his stock rises here even though he went down in defeat but he proved he is one tough SOB by not submitting.

I had a feeling that Chicky would not be a fan favorite for very long.

Like how the Moondog got hit with his own bone.  A perfect ending for what would have been a truly wild match.

Love the ending to the Mulligan/Khan match as now I know we will see more of this feud.

I had thought Bob Armstrong was going down in defeat on this card but then, while reading it, I thought, just maybe.... but then here comes Dory...  Awesome writing here.

Landel with Matt Borne.... this is going to be fun!

You really gave me a treat here.  Not sure how you do it but it makes me feel like I was really there or that I wish I was there.  It makes me feel like I did when I was like 7 and thought this was all real.  Awesome event.

Gulf Coast Clash has arrived! 

Mr. Pro gets focused (and bends the rules) and defeats Ricky Gibson.

Welcome to Pro Wrestling Jeff Jarrett. Man, Barnes gave the kid quite a beating until Dundee stops it with the towel. I will give Jarrett credit, he hung in there. 

Chicky turns heel and takes the title with one painful lowblow. It might take Armstrong a while to recuperate from that shot.  Chicky was such a great heel in Puerto Rico and I cant wait to see the heat he draws here. 

Looks like a new feud is born between Parsons/Dynamite Duo and the Sheepherders and Boyd. 

Morrow comes to town and helps his new partner by blasting Taylor with a champagne bottle! With the money Fergie and Morrow have, buying more bottles isn't a problem LOL. I can't wait to see these guys in the tournament. 

Nightmares draw first blood but the Moondogs get payback quick. I hope we get another gimmick match. I'm enjoying this feud. 

Mulligan gets some big time revenge by pinning Khan and clamping the claw on Humperdink! All is well until the Moondogs hit the ring and leave Mulligan and son laying. Moondogs caused a lot of havoc tonight.

LOL, Funk is so awesome! Only he would start a match with a promo. Funk and Bullet are putting on a show when DORY hits the ring and blasts Bob with the branding iron! Oh yea looks like we're going to get another round of a Funk/Armstrong family feud! 

The cage match lived up to my chaotic expectations and then some. Huge twist as Matt Borne turns out to be a traitor Olympia. Poor DJ must go. I do like the attention he's been getting in this game and I hope it continues wherever he ends up. The Platinum Club better be on high alert because Brody and Olympia coming after them! 

This was truly a fitting way to close out the Twin States name. Great job Gene! 

Very interested to see what your plan is for "Mr. Pro" If he is going to feud with the Classic Rock Express, he is going to need a partner, but you just shit canned his brother!

Ha! Choke on That, Slapnuts! George Barnes Forever!!

Well, sportsmanship goes right out the window with the Twin States name as Chicky Starr smashes the Lil' Bullet of Scott Armstrong and takes away the Southern Junior Title. I know you have some plans for Chicky, and I am looking forward to seeing them play out.

Parsons with the Dynamite Duo is an awesome idea! We have Freebirds and Snowbirds already, maybe the Blackbirds can come around early in this game! A feud with Boyd and the Herders could be a long term war and a ton of fun.

I really thought Taylor was taking the title tonight! With Bad News out of the building, Morrel and Slick out of the picturem, and the dreaded FIVE Arm being hit, I thought it was over! But then Champagne hit the scene and everything was alright!! These two are going to be amazing in the tournament!!

Nightmares/Moondogs Round 1..... Nightmares get the official W, but Moondogs walk away. Let's call it a Draw!

Mulligan gets some measure of revenge against Khan and Humperdink, but the numbers game overwhelms them in the end. I figure Mulligan knows a few dudes, so next time that mistake probably won't happen again!

The Funker and The Bullet starts off with Terry kindly offering Armstrong a chance to save himself a beating and go home to his wife, but Armstrong being a hot head of course declines.....

They go on to have a pretty good brawl, and it actually looks like Bob Armstrong is going to have the single luckiest night of his life when Dory Funk Jr shows up from out of nowhere to make sure his brother is okay, and the stupid referee calls for a DQ. Then the rest of the little Armstrong punks come out to attack the Funks and they have to run for their lives.

Those Armstrongs..... terrible people.

Oh My, six man steel cage clusterfuck in the main event....

Good brawling to start, Brody keeping order and not getting involved. Uh oh.... Brody goes down. Olympia 3 looks to have it won...Olympia 2 attacks 3 and puts Landel on top of him!! It's over!

Okay...so Olympia 2 is Matt Borne, who just joined the Platinum Club, and they all beat up Brody. Big Mistake.

3 was DJ Peterson, who is now fired (I might have already known that!)

So now Brody is pissed, actual Olympia is pissed, and The Platinum Club have once again made everyone look like fools.

Tremendous! This is going to be a lot of fun to watch unfold!!

Great Stuff Gene!!

ccwlogo.gif

Continental Championship Wrestling Episode #1

Pre-Recorded

Airing on: Saturday February 6, 1986

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

(Show opens with a montage of Twin States Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from throughout the Continental United States sanctioned by the USWA", we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and as always I'm joined by the one and only Ronnie P. Gossett….and we welcome all the fans of Twin States Wrestling across Alabama and Mississippi, as well as our new fans joining us this week on our new tv affiliates across Florida and Georgia as well."

RPG: "How exciting for these folks to finally get to partake in the genius that is…ME, Ronnie P. Gossett."

Platt: "I'm sure they can hardly contain themselves. So, let's talk a bit about some of the action that took place in Biloxi this past Sunday at Gulf Coast Clash."

RPG: "It was amazing! First of all, Chicky Starr beat Scott Armstrong to become the new USWA United States Junior Heavyweight Champion! That was great….plus you had George Barnes nearly committing legal homicide in front of a live audience on that little snot nosed punk, Jeff Jarrett to the point that little sawed off runt Bill Dundee had to throw in the towel effectively saving his life, and I'm sure if he EVER gets out of the hospital, he won't ever go near a wrestling ring again! Seeing that was like Christmas all over again! Then my great friend, 'Mr. Money' successfully defended his Gulf Coast Championship against Terry Taylor….which was awesome, then Killer Khan and the Moondogs took out Blackjack and Stringbean, Terry Funk successfully defended the USWA World title against Bob Armstrong….then BEST of all…The Platinum Club were victorious in the steel cage, even with the deck stacked against them, the Twin States Champion Buddy Landel pinned one of those Mr Olympias exposing him as DJ Peterson and sending him outta here….while the other Mr Olympia realized that Jerry Stubbs is a total loser…and he revealed himself to be 'Maniac' Matt Borne and has alligned himself with winners now, the Platinum Club!"

Platt: "Well, that's a very slanted view of what took place in Biloxi, only focusing on the results that suited you and twisting the details of others…."

RPG: "Tell me how ANYTHING I just said is untrue?"

Platt: "Unfortunately, we don't have time to go into those details right now, but I can tell you that we'll talk more about the aftermath of Gulf Coast Clash throughout the program. I can also tell you that we'll have some interesting announcements in the coming weeks about some changes forthcoming as we have transition away from Twin States Wrestling, we'll have some announcements as it pertains to championships in a couple of weeks but I can tell you that we'll be crowing a Continental Heavyweight Champion, and some of top wrestlers from around the world are contacting the office about entering that tournament including some former World Champions. One example of this is the IWGP Heavyweight Champion from New Japan Pro Wrestling, Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami has traveled to the United States to compete here in Continental Championship Wrestling and he's in the ring right now so let's go down right now to see him in action."

20210130_012222.jpg

================

MATCH #1:

IWGP Heavyweight Champion Tatsumi "The Dragon" Fujinami pinned Rocky Ewing with the 'Dragon Suplex'

aNkVeDqxc0lY53oNfLTNOTLcR4PrVHkvB2x7hAdZ

================

(VTR- Joe Pedicino caught up with Bob Armstrong in the locker room following his match with Terry Funk at 'Gulf Coast Clash')

Pedicino: "Bob, could I please get a word with you about what just took place?"

bullet-bob.jpg

Armstrong: "You sure can….what just took place is Terry Funk just proved once again that he's all talk…that when push comes to shove you're a coward that can't back up his big mouth….but I'll get my hands on you again in due time….but for now my focus is on that low down brother of his Dory Funk Jr! Dory Funk, you want to come here and stick your nose in my business? You want my attention? Well brother, you've got it! Now, right now I’m going to focus my attention on winning this David Von Erich Memorial tag team tournament because my partner Terry Taylor deserves nothing less than my full attention and effort….but once this tournament is over…..Dory Funk Jr….you belong to me!"

(END VTR)

================

MATCH #2:

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Downtown Bruno & Hercules Ayala pinned Randy Watson after a piledriver

Post Match Promo:

DowntownBruno3.jpg

As Downtown Bruno starts to tell Pedicino how Dirty White Boy and Hercules Ayala should be in the big tag team tournament next weekend, Chicky Starr comes out and says something to Ayala in spanish and then hands him an envelope, Ayala pushes past Bruno and Anthony and leaves with Starr.  Bruno is dumbfounded, "Where the hell are you going? I paid to bring you here….get back here!"  Bruno and DWB leave following Ayala and Starr up the aisle abruptly ending the promo.

==================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==================

MATCH #3:

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Rusty Jones/Oliver Edwards when Street made Edwards submit with a 'Boston Crab'

Post match interview: Street talked about how they are going to win the tag team tournament in Dallas next weekend and says that he and Linda will go on a shopping spree with their half of the money. Dundee however was a little less jovial as he called out Barnes for trying to injure Jeff Jarrett at Gulf Coast Clash rather than just beat him….he challenges Barnes to a streetfight right here on television in two weeks after the tournement is over.

===================

(VTR: Bad News Allen is standing in front of a CCW backdrop)

3fcdb85c26e768acbd087f77339fd2a9.jpg

Bad News: "Every man's goal who steps inside a wrestling ring is to be World Champion….and if you get that opportunity and fail because another man beat you…..then you have to accept that. You might not like it…but you have to accept it.  Now….on the other hand…if you manage to earn yourself an opportunity at the World title but you lose that opportunity because you've made the mistake of surrounding yourself with idiots….that's a little harder to accept!  I'm not coming to Rome, Georgia this week because I don't know what I might do to Slick and Carl Fergie if I laid eyes on them right now….so I'm going to take a few more days to calm down and think about what I lost….thanks to you two, and I'm also going to think about what YOU'RE going to lose…..the next time I DO see you!"

(END VTR)

===================

(Joe Pedicino is joined in the ring by the Twin States Tag Team Champions Johnny and Tommy Rich along with their cousin Davey Rich)

FB_IMG_1611757912762.jpg

Pedicino: "Guys, this is the first time you've been live in the arena in a few weeks, please tread lightly."

Tommy: "Whatever do you mean? We're just here to talk about how honored we are to be a part of this big prestigious tag team tournament down in the great state of Texas next weekend."

Johnny: "Not to mention, the fact that we hold the Von Erich family in such high regard."

(Les Thatcher enters the ring and asks for the mic)

Davey: "Good evening Mr. Thatcher, it sure is great to see you again."

Thatcher: "Did you think we wouldn't find out?"

Tommy: "Find out about what?"

Thatcher: "Frank Dusek called us…..we know you guys somehow got a hold of the tape and dubbed over the highlight reel with some highly offensive material about Texas and the Von Erich family!"

(All three Richs bust out laughing with Johnny literally falling on the mat)

Tommy: "Hey, let's show it right now for everyone fortunate enough to not have to see Texas No Star Rasslin', I stole that line from my buddy Percy Pringle…"

Thatcher: "NO! They showed part of it before they realized what you did but that tape has been destroyed and it will never air again….ANYWHERE!"

Johnny: "What?? We deserved an Academy award for that performance! That's the most lucid version of the Von Erichs that's ever appeared on television! Mike is an inspiration to mongoloids everywhere!"

Thatcher: "Stop it…..just stop right now! If you speak another ill word about Texas or the Von Erichs on this program tonight, you'll be removed from the tournament….which you might just want to do because you've got a LOT of teams down there ready to destroy you guys before you ever make it to the ring!"

Tommy: "Hey, we ain't afraid of none of those teams down in Texas….and we sure ain't afraid of none of the teams here or in the USWA because we've already beat most of them anyway! You think we're scared of a tag team called the Glamour Boys?? Yeah, scared they might wanna kiss us! Are we supposed to shake in fear over that Indian team, we'll throw some litter on the ground and they'll be too busy crying to rassle! Who else they got?"

Johnny: "They got that new team the Candy Asses, or Fat and Skinny..whatever they're called……and then of course they got those masked goofs, the Lone Rangers."

Davey: "What about the so called tag champs? The New Jersey Heartthrob? Trust me, there's no 'heartthrobs' coming out of Jersey…and John Tatum wouldn't know Hollywood if you dropped him there out of an airplane!"

Tommy: "I don't know about you guys but I'm scared to death of ol' El Jeffrey and the Rotel!"

Johnny: "What about the two legends Bobby Duncum and Phil Hickerson? They were on the undercard when David fought Goliath….they're older than baseball."

Tommy: "You can't forget the Mild Bunch…..Fat Bart, Yosemite Bass, and Bill 'Scott's little brother' Irving….who barely made it into the tournament beating by 'Our Gang', Captain Caveman Brooks and Ratings Killer Mike Miller that couldn't draw money if you dipped them in glue and dragged them through Fort Knox!"

Davey: "Well guys, you have to admit that Dutch Mantell and Bobby Jaggers are a great tag team….I mean, their name sucks."

Tommy: "Exactly, what the hell is a jayhawk?"

Johnny: "Kansas sucks worse than Texas…..which bring us to those two dime store cowboys, Johnny Mantell and Scott Casey….they make John Travolta in Urban Cowboy look like John Wayne."

Tommy: "What about their valet, Sunshine? She's had more Texas rasslers in her than the Sportatorium…."

Thatcher: "Go to commercial…NOW!!"

RPG on commentary: "Well, technically they didn't badmouth Texas or the Von Erichs…."

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

(We go to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett as we return from break)

Platt: "Fans, we'd like to apologize for the behavior of the Richs and for anything they said that may have offended some viewers."

RPG: "Apologize?? That was the single greatest thing that's ever happened on this show NOT involving my best friend Buddy Landel."

Platt: "Yeah I would expect you to enjoy something like that."

RPG: "Well, you know they call her Sunshine because EVERYBODY gets…" (Platt interjects)

Platt: "Let's go to the ring for the official debut of Dory Funk Jr!"

==================

MATCH #4:

Dory Funk Jr defeated Buster Scruggs by submission with the spinning toehold

(As Funk is leaving the ring, he is approached by Slick and "Mr. Money" Carl Fergie)

Slick: "Greetings and salutations Mista Funk. My name is Slick, and this is my business associate Mr. Carl Fergie. Now I can't help but notice that you now seem to have a problem with Bob Armstrong….it just so happens that Mr Fergie and another associate of our's has a problem with Bob Armstrong too….and we were thinking that maybe if we all worked together…we could eliminate this problem for good….ya dig?"

Funk: "Mr Slick, the Funk family usually handles it's own affairs…why would I want to associate with you guys?"

Slick: "That's a great question….Mr Fergie here has a few hundred reasons you might want to consider it."

(Fergie hands Funk an envelope, Funk opens it and counts it's contents)

Funk: "Well gentlemen, you've made a compelling offer…..let's talk some more away from all these simpletons."

Slick: "Good call my brutha, let's split!"

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #5:

Mr. Olympia pinned "Big" Tom Dugan following a DDT

As the referee was raising Olympia's hand, Matt Borne hit the ring and attacked him from behind! As Olympia began to fight back….Landel, Embry, and Regal all hit the ring and turned it into a 4 on 1 attack until BRUISER BRODY hit the ring swinging a chain which sent the Platinum Club running back down the aisle!  Brody grabs the mic and tells the Platinum Club they've made his s*** list now and there's no corner of the globe they could run to or anywhere they can try to hide that he won't find them and kick their a**! (crowd goes wild)

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

(Once the entrances are done, Lord Jonathan Boyd takes the mic from the ring announcer and says after what happened at the Gulf Coast Clash, "Since these yanks think their so tough….let's make things interesting tonight since this is the first Continental tv show, let's say whoever gets pinned in this match has to leave the territory…do you blokes have the guts to take that challenge?"  The Dynamite Duo and Parsons all three quickly agree….the referee says it's official and calls for the bell)

-------------------------------------

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

LOSER OF THE FALL LEAVES TOWN

The Sheepherders (Butch Miller/Luke Williams)/Lord Jonathan Boyd defeated The Dynamite Duo (Brickhouse Brown/Norvell Austin)/Iceman Parsons when the match broke down into a six way brawl, as the referee was trying to get four of the guys out of the ring, George Barnes ran down with the flagpole with the New Zealand flag and broke it over Iceman Parsons allowing Boyd to get the pinfall….meaning Parsons now has to leave Continental Championship Wrestling…..meanwhile Bill Dundee comes running down and attacks George Barnes while the Dynamite Duo and the Sheepherders continue to brawl around ringside….

Platt: "Well this is a terrible outcome as Iceman Parsons is forced to leave Continental through no fault of his own…..fans, our time is up for this week's edition of Continental Championship Wrestling, please make sure you join us here next week as well as on the USA Network as we'll be presenting matches from the David Von Erich Memorial tag team tournament, live from Texas!"

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling/Jarrett Promotions

Great, entertaining show.

A loser-leave town match on TV would have been the highlight of my childhood except that I would have been upset that Iceman.

Dory joining forces with Slick, Ferige and BNA?.... Bullet may need some help.

Wildfire Tommy and Cousin Johnny are giving some priceless interviees... The VonErichs could have made the same tape obout them in real life from what I have read.

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to Continental Championship Wrestling