Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Man, little ole Twin States is getting all fancy on me with a name change, and now all of a sudden the IWGP Champion is here opening the show spiking jobbers with a Dragon Suplex. If that's the first name you are going to enter in the tournament for the Continental Heavyweight Title, it's going to be a doozy!

The Armstrong/Funk feud is back in full swing, and that's going to be a lot of fun. Dory is here to hold down the fort, and Terry can pop his head in as often as possible. I'm sure they'll be friendly affairs all around!

DWB picks up a win, but what just happened post match? I think heel turn Chicky Starr is getting ready to to make quite the splash around here!

Dundee and Street are definitely a formidable team of tough little bastards! This tournament is going to be awesome!

Oh Shit. Slick and Fergie better come up with a LOT of money if they don't want Bad News to murder them..... Great promo!

and then The Rich's get interviewed.... Damn....my tag team division just got eviscerated. The litter comment, Fat and Skinny, undercard of David and Goliath, and Ratings Killer Mike Miller all had me rolling. They they talked bad about Sunshine, and now even I want to beat up imaginary versions of Tommy Rich!!

Well, I suppose if you need protection from Bad News, and want to beat up Bob Armstrong, aligning yourself with The Funks is a good way to do it. Fergie and Slick are smart men!

Well, Olympia is severely outnumbered by the Platinum Club, but I suppose when you have Bruiser Brody watching your back that makes it a little better! I am very excited for this feud!!

Wild six man caps off the first episode of the new Continental, and we see Iceman go bye bye, Dundee and Barnes going at it, and the Herder/Duo feud get turned up a notch! That'll keep the new viewers watching!!

Awesome show Gene! This place already feels like it has taken a step up going from Twin States to Continental. Just uh, lay off my girl Sunshine.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPG opens up the first Continental show stating nothing but facts of what went down at Gulf Coast Clash.

The Continental title is going to be a huge deal judging by all the talent coming in to compete for it. 

Fujinami throws his name in and has an impressive debut. Will be interesting watching the Japanese superstar in Continental. 

Bullet Bob is coming after Dory but right now is focused on the tournament. 

YES! I was hoping Chicky and Ayala would cross paths and it happened. These guys will be trouble. Poor Bruno just lost a big henchman. 

Dundee and Street tune up for the tournament. WOW! Dundee and Barnes in a street fight on TV! Oh yea! 

Slick and Fergie are lucky to be alive and lucky Bad News decided to cool down and not appear live tonight. It's scary when a guy like Bad News takes time out to think about what he's going to do next.

And here we go. The most hated men in the game, the Rich's are back on TV. LOL they take shots at everybody and I mean everybody! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when they're in Texas. They're going to have every team gunning for them as well as the fans. It's going to be nuts! I really don't think they're going to make it out alive. I don't think the Rich's can ever be babyfaces again. 

Fergie knows how to invest and Dory Funk is a great investment. Bullet could be in serious trouble. Good thing his sons are around. I don't know why but the sight of Slick and Dory conversing just cracked me up. 

All hell breaks loose as Brody runs in to help Olympia from a Platinum Club beatdown. Even if I had 3 men by my side, I still wouldn't want to mess with Brody. 

AWWWW man bummer, thanks to that no good Barnes, the Iceman is gone. BOOOOOO! It looks like the Dynamite Duo/Sheepherders feud still rages on. At least they have Dundee to take care of Barnes. Now they just need somebody to counter Boyd. 

Great stuff Gene! Next stop, the tournament! 

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to Continental Championship Wrestling
  • 2 weeks later...

Continental Championship Wrestling- Mississippi Loop

Wednesday 2/17/86- Southaven, Mississippi

Thursday 2/18/86- Tupelo, Mississippi

Friday 2/19/86- Columbus, Mississippi

Saturday 2/20/86 - Starkville, Mississippi

"White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned Doug Gilbert with the "natural bridge"

Teijho Khan pinned Randy Watson following a diving headbutt off the top rope

Scott/Steve Armstrong defeated the Moondogs (Spot/Rex) by DQ when Rex hit Steve with the dog bone

Eight Man Tag Team Match

The Dynamite Duo (Brickhouse Brown/Norvel Austin)/"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda & Jeff Jarrett defeated The Sheepherders (Butch Miller/Luke Williams)/George Barnes/Lord Jonathan Boyd when Street pinned Barnes with a roll up after Barnes got distracted taunting Jarrett at ringside

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Bad News Allen/Dory Funk Jr defeated "Bullet" Bob Armstrong/Terry Taylor when Bad News submitted Taylor with the cross armbreaker

MAIN EVENT

Twin States Heavyweight Championship

Bruiser Brody defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/Luscious Johnny V by DQ when Valiant hit the ring to break up the pin after Brody gave Landel a piledriver

Continental Championship Wrestling- Alabama Loop

Wednesday 2/17/86- Prattville, Alabama

Thursday 2/18/86- Dothan, Alabama

Friday 2/19/86- Mobile, Alabama

Saturday 2/20/86- Tuscaloosa, Alabama

"Mr. Money" Carl Fergie w/Slick pinned Tyree Pride with his feet on the ropes

Ronnie Garvin pinned "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Downtown Bruno with a backslide

USWA United States Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Chicky Starr w/Hecules Ayala pinned Kendall Windham after interference with Ayala

Six Man Tag Team Match

Mr. Olympia/The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Platinum Club (Matt Borne/Eric Embry/Steve Regal) when Davis pinned Regal with a small package!  Afterwards, things got heated between Borne and Regal but Embry managed to calm things down

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Tag Team Championship

Johnny/Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich defeated Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley when Tommy pinned Armstrong after Davey hit him with a chair while the referee was distracted

MAIN EVENT

IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Tatsumi "the Dragon" Fujinami defeated Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink with the "Dragon Sleeper'

I really like when you do the state loops.  It makes me compare both and see which one I would rather go to.  I admit that I am biased and right now I am going wherever Tommy/Johnny Rich are but seeing Bad News get the submission win on Taylor and Brody piledriving the Nature Boy would have been awesome also.  Nice job!

These 2 loops show just how stacked your roster is. 

The Armstrong's/Moondog's match would of been a lot of fun to watch.

Young Jarrett better be careful messing with Barnes. 

Bad News and Dory is the type of team that would just slowly dismantle somebody before putting them away. 

Landel survives Brody...for now. 

What better way to kick off a show with none other than Mr. Money.

Good to see Ron Garvin back in action. I really think Garvin's stiff style fits in so well here. 

I'm going to keep an eye on the Chicky/Ayala combo. 

LOL, Embry's playing peacemaker again. Borne better watch his back. 

The Rich's keep their nuclear heat from the tournament going. Can't wait to see what's next for them. 

Fujinami quickly gets over with the Southern fans with a decisive win over Khan. 

Continental Championship Wrestling Episode #4

Pre-Recorded

Airing on: Saturday February 20, 1986

Host/Play by Play: Charlie Platt

Co-Host/Color Commentator: Ronnie P. Gossett

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

(Show opens with a montage of footage from the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament including the end of the main event where The Wild Bunch defeated The Richs with help from the Von Erichs, followed by a voiceover saying "Welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from throughout the Continental United States sanctioned by the USWA", we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling coming to you from beautiful Pensacola, Florida…..I'm your host Charlie Platt and with me as always is my co-host Ronnie P. Gossett, Ronnie…what a weekend it was in Dallas, last week."

RPG: "Well, it was a pretty great weekend until it took FOUR men to beat Johnny and Tommy Rich….it was the biggest travesty in the history of wrestling and I hope it never gets mentioned on this program again!"

Platt: "I'm not sure if that will be the case, however right now let's talk about what's happening on this week's show, we're going to see 'Maniac' Matt Borne in singles action for the first time here, we'll also see Terry Taylor in the ring as well as the television debut of 'White Lightning' Tim Horner."

RPG: "More importantly, George Barnes is going to murder Bill Dundee in a Southern Streetfight tonight!"

Platt: "We'll see about that, also in our main event tonight we'll see Blackjack Mulligan and Kendall Windham taking on the Moondogs with Sir Oliver Humperdink, but right now Les Thatcher is joining us with some exciting news."

(Les Thatcher enters)

Thatcher: "Thank you Charlie, I know we announced some things about the championships here in Continental recently, however due to some new opportunities that have to come to light this week stemming from last weekend's huge event, there's been some changes to those plans. First of all, we are retiring the Gulf Coast Championship effective immediately, Carl Fergie has been asked to surrender the belt by the end of this program.  Second, the tournament to crown a Continental Champion will now be a sixteen man tournament that will take place on Sunday February 28th in Carrollton, Georgia at the Fairgrounds. However, the winner of that tournament will not be the champion, the winner of that tournament will face 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel here on television on Saturday March 6th to crown the Continental Heavyweight Champion as we are also retiring the Twin States Championship effectively immediately as well.  As for the Junior Heavyweight Championship, it's now back to being the United States Junior Heavyweight Championship, currently held by Chicky Starr. The Twin States Tag Team Champions, Johnny and Tommy Rich are now the recognized Continental Tag Team Champions as the Twin States Tag Team titles have been retired as well.  We'll have a very exciting announcement as it pertains to this television show right here next week.  Also, next week our main event will be a tag team match as Mr. Olympia will team with Bruiser Brody to take on 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel and 'Maniac' Matt Borne! Also, stay tuned after the main event as we'll rundown all the first round tournament matches for Carrollton."

Platt: "Wow, that's a lot to take in but we'll be looking forward to the tournament and what a great main event next week! Let's go to the ring and see Matt Borne in action!"

20210130_012222.jpg

================

MATCH #1:

"Maniac" Matt Borne w/Luscious Johnny V pinned Nate Warner with a Saito Suplex

MattBorne.jpg

Post Match: Borne/Landel/Embry/Regal/Valiant join Joe Pedicino in the interview area

Pedicino: "Guys it looks like.." (Landel grabs the mic and cuts him off)

BuddyLandelsuit.jpg

Landel: "Shut your fat mouth, Joe Cappuccino! What the hell is going on around here?? So the Richs Twin States tag titles just suddenly morph into Continental tag team titles…..but this Twin States title (throws it on the ground) just goes away and now I have to wrestle the winner of some tournament of random people to prove what I've already proven…that I'm the best wrestler here!?!? This is ridiculous…this is ludicrous, daddy! They have Nick Bullwinkel out there in Texas talking about how he's coming here to use MY Continental title as a 'stepping stone' to Terry Funk and the USWA World Title? They've got some goof who is supposedly some kinda champion in Japan coming to be in this tournament? What's he called 'So-sue-me Foo'd-ja-mommy'? What kinda a name is that for a person? This is America, call him Tom Smith or something, don't expect me to learn Japanese so I can say the name of some Tokyo job boy! Last but not least, why on earth are me and Matt Borne having to wrestle Special Olympia and Loser Brody here next week??"

Pedicino: "Because Mr. Thatcher has booked you and 'Maniac' Matt Borne to face…" (Borne snatches the mic and grabs Pedicino by the lapels)

Borne: "Who are you calling 'Maniac'? Who said my name is 'Maniac' Matt Borne? I'm not a maniac!"

Pedicino: "Says the man who is grabbing me and threatening me!"

Borne: (lets go and straightens Joe's suit back up) "You're right Joseph….those types of actions would make one look like a 'maniac' and unlike Mr. Brody that we will be facing next week, neither myself or the 'Nature Boy' are maniacs…we're professional wrestlers, in fact we're the best professional wrestlers in this promotion and next week we'll prove it when we beat these two and then go on to face each other in this tournament."

Landel: "Now I'm sure if it comes down to you vs me, you'll do the right thing."

Borne: "Buddy, I promise you….only a 'maniac' would go against the leader of the Platinum Club….I will absolutely do the 'right thing'."

Landel: "What's with the finger quotes?"

Embry: "Come on guys, y'all have a tag match to prepare for next week, let's get out of here."

(They all leave as Landel looks suspicious towards Borne)

================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

================

MATCH #2:

Terry Taylor pinned 'Big' Bubba Monroe following the 'Five Arm'

Terry_Taylor.jpg

Post Match Promo:  Taylor says he's focusing all his energy on the upcoming Continental Heavyweight title tournament and that he will do whatever it takes to be the Continental Heavyweight Champion!

================

(Cut to the interview area where Downtown Bruno has a microphone)

DowntownBruno3.jpg

Bruno: "I know all you people saw Chicky Starr come out here two weeks ago, and just outright stole my monster Hercules Ayala, now I could have went home and cried the blues….but that's not my style you understand…so I just went out and got an even bigger…..and even badder monster…this MAN, the Mighty Goliath….not just a heavyweight….but a SUPER heavyweight….come on Goliath, let's go down to the ring and show these folks what you can do! Haha, I know you folks hate it that nobody can get over on Downtown Bruno but it's like Mama says, it beez that way sometimes!"

---------------------------

MATCH #3:

The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno pinned Randy Watson following a "big splash"

MightyGoliath.jpg

=================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=================

(We cut to the dressing room where 'Mr. Money' is having a meltdown with Slick)

Fergie: "It's all falling apart Slick….first me and Gerry spent all that money last weekend and still got screwed out of the tournament! Then they just go and retire my Gulf Coast Championship! Plus, we still got Bad News looking for us, who knows what he's going to do when he catches up to us!?!"

Slick: "Fergs….you got to calm down brutha! It's gonna be alright."

Fergie: "How's it going to be alright? It's just you and me now! Frank Morrell just up and quit because he's afraid Bad News is going to kill us….I've been having to drive myself! Hell, I had to get my own lunch today!"

(Chicky Starr and Hercules Ayala enter the room)

Starr: "Hola! So Ese' I hear you've got some troubles with Bad News Allen?"

Fergie: "That's just it….we don’t know for sure, but the last time we saw him, things didn't go well."

Starr: (nodding) "I see….well…you see this man right here (points at Ayala) Does he look he's scared of Bad News Allen? Does he look like he's scared of ANYBODY for that matter?"

Fergie: "No…not at all….this man is a monster."

Starr: "Damn right he is, amigo! So, I'm here with a business proposition. I've got an exclusive contract here, for myself and Hercules Ayala to offer you around the clock security and I promise you, Ese'….as long as Mr. Ayala is watching your back…you don't have to worry about nobody! All we need is for you to sign this contract and you won't have a worry in the world!" (hands Fergie a contract)

Fergie: (looks it over) "Mr. Starr, this contract is in spanish…"

Starr: "Of course it's in spanish, that's our first language."

Fergie: "Well, I don't speak spanish…so I have no idea what I'm signing."

Starr: "You can see right here is your name, there's my name, and most importantly there's Mr. Ayala's name."

Fergie: "Yeah I can read those…but I don't know what any of the rest of it says…"

Starr: "Ok, so you don't trust us? I just told you what it says, it says we will protect you…hell, we're even going to protect your buddy Slick here at no extra charge….but since you don't trust us….screw you guys, you can fend for yourselves…let's go Herc." (turns to leave)

Slick: "Hold on guys….we trust you…don't be hasty. We're all friends here. Go ahead, Fergs…sign it!"

Fergie: (hesitates for a moment ,then signs it) "Sure, we trust you….so if Bad News shows up….you guys will handle him?"

Starr: "Listen amigo, if Godzilla shows up….Hercules Ayala will handle it! No worries!" (shakes hands with Slick and Fergie)

=================

MATCH #4:

"White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned Eddie Wilson with the "Natural Bridge"

TimHorner.jpg

Post Match interview: Horners tells Pedicino that he has come to Continental for one reason, that's the United States Jr Heavyweight title and he will be working his way up the ladder until he earns a shot at Chicky Starr!

=================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=================

MATCH #5:

Southern Streetfight

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

vs.

George Barnes

Both guys are in jeans and cowboy boots and it's a wild brawl from the moment that Dundee steps between the ropes! They fight around ringside and eventually make their way back into the ring….As soon as it looks like Dundee is in control….suddenly Butch Miller, Luke Williams, and Lord Jonathan Boyd all hit the ring and go after Dundee….but within moments Brickhouse Brown, Norvell Austin, and Adrian Street all hit the ring to even the odds…..the referee can't call for a DQ due to the streetfight rules…after a few moments everyone brawls their way out to floor except Barnes and Dundee…..Dundee is down, and Barnes climbs up to the top rope and gets ready to jump off for his "Bombs Away" finisher….but before he can jump, Jeff Jarrett runs down and shoves Barnes off the top turnbuckle causing him to stradle the top rope before falling off into the ring….Dundee crawls over and puts an arm across Barnes…the referee counts 1-2-3!!

Winner:
"Superstar" Bill Dundee

=========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

==========================

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham defeated The Moondogs w/Sir Oliver Humperdink when Mulligan pinned Spot after a powerslam

Platt: "Big win for Blackjack Mulligan and Kendall Windham, right now let's take a look at the first round matches that will take place in the tournament next Sunday in Carrollton, Georgia."

Continental Championship Tournament

VFW Fairgrounds

Carrollton, GA.

Sunday February 28, 1986

Bell Time: 4pm

Round 1:

Dory Funk Jr. vs. Terry Taylor

Ronnie Garvin vs. Lord Jonathan Boyd

Blackjack Mulligan vs. Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Bruiser Brody vs. Hercules Ayala w/Chicky Starr

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda vs. Tatsumi "the Dragon" Fujinami

"Maniac" Matt Borne vs. Mr. Olympia

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong vs. Bad News Allen

(C) 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

Big changes happening in Continental! Gulf Coast Title is out the window, 16 man tournament happening then the winner meets Buddy Landel for the new Continental Heavyweight Championship, and the Rich Cousins are now the Continental Tag Team Champions! Plus more announcements to come!! My, oh my! This place is growing fast!!

Buddy is ON this week! Between Bullwinkel and "What kinda name is that for a person" I was loving it!! He does make a good point about the Rich's titles just being converted, and him having to compete.

Borne not liking his Maniac nickname is a cool little touch. Potential dissension in the Platinum Club already can't be good.

Nice win for Terry Taylor, and if he can get out of Bob Armstrong's shadow, he should make quite an impact in the tournament.

Good for Downtown Bruno, not crying over spilled milk. The Mighty Goliath should make him a fine charge.

Ohhh Boy.... I can't wait to find out what Fergie just signed. This should be good!

Horner should be a great challenger for Chicky Starr and Junior Heavyweight Title.

BOOOO!!! I'm cool with Dundee winning over Barnes, but not when it's thanks to ole blinky hat.

Mulligan and Kendall put down the 'Dogs in the main event!

God Damn! Those tournament brackets are STACKED!!! I can't pick a winner for sure, but I'll bet they come from the bottom half of the bracket.

Really liking where Continental is headed. Definitely on the way up to bigger and better things. Good Stuff as Always Brother!

A lot going on in Continental! Big news regarding the titles. Poor Fergie, he got robbed. Can't wait for the huge tournament. At least Landel automatically gets in the finals. Only fair. We'll see how he feels about it. 

LOL props to you for keeping Landel's comedy fresh. He cracks me up every week. "This is America, he should be called Tom Smith or something" LOL gold. Borne keeps up with Landel and gets in some funny moments. Hmmmm, will the Maniac do the "right thing" ? 

Taylor seems prime and ready for the tournament.

Downtown loses Ayala but rebounds with the Mighty Goliath. This will be trouble.

HAHAHAHAHA! The Fergie/Chicky segment was hilarious! The contract in Spanish was great. "Right here's your name, there's my name and most importantly there's Ayala's name" Works for me LOL. Fergie's going through a rough time. 

Speaking of Chicky, White Lighting is gunning for his title. 

After a chaotic brawl and help from young Jarrett, Dundee gets the big and satisfying win over Barnes. I would of loved watching this on TV back in the day. 

Mulligan and son end the show on a high note taking down the Moondogs. 

Look at those interesting first round match ups. Brody vs. Ayala will be a brawl! Good heat matches like Armstrong vs. Bad News and Mulligan vs. Khan. I can't imagine what the Bock/Rich match will be like. Good stuff! 

Continental is on fire! 

-The title shake up here is going to make for some fun upcoming shows.

-For once Lnadel may have an argument as the Rich's were given the new title but not him

-Fergie may have signed his own death certificate... we shall see

-Really like Mighty Goliath-- He seems to be a perfect fit for CCW

-Glad to see Tim Horner getting some attention.

-Young JJ shows he might get knocked off the horse but he is willing to get right back up.  Way to get some revenge on Barnes.

-Nice TV match with Mulligans-Moondogs at the end.

Can't wait for the tournament.

Continental Championship Wrestling Episode #5

Pre-Recorded

Airing on: Saturday February 27, 1986

(Show opens with a montage of Continental wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from throughout the Continental United States sanctioned by the USWA", THE CAMERA PANS THE ARENA TO SHOW A STEEL CAGE AROUND THE RING WITH HERCULES AYALA STANDING INSIDE, we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Ayala.jpg

Platt: "Welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, I’m Charlie Platt along with Ronnie P. Gossett, and Ronnie….do you know what's going on? Why is there a cage around the ring…and why is Hercules Ayala in the cage?"

RPG: "I don't….but I know someone who does…" (with that, Chicky Starr comes out)

ChickyStarr.jpg

Starr: "Hola, Senor' Gossett.  I wanna invite 'Mr. Money' to come out right now."

(After a few moments, Carl Fergie is lead out by Slick)

CarlFergieMrMoney.jpg

Fergie: "What's going on Chicky? I heard Bad News is here and I haven't been able to find you."

Starr: "Sorry bout that….I was busy meeting with Les Thatcher along with a translator who was going over the contract you signed last week." (Les Thatcher comes out)

Thatcher: "Carl, is that your signature?"

Fergie: "Yes it is."

Thatcher: "Do you have any idea what you've signed?"

Fergie: "Of course, Hercules Ayala and Chicky are going to be my bodyguards to protect me from that psycho, Bad News Allen."

Thatcher: "No Fergie, I'm afraid that's not what you signed."

Fergie: "What? Then what the hell did I sign??"

Thatcher: "You signed for a Steel Cage Match against Hercules Ayala."

Fergie: "WHAT??"

Thatcher: "Oh…it gets better.  A Steel Cage Match where if you lose, Chicky Starr wins you ENTIRE fortune AND you have to leave Continental!  However If you somehow win, you keep the money….but you STILL leave Continental."

Fergie: "That’s not what I agreed to!! Slick, you told me to sign the damn thing….FIX THIS!"

Slick: (Chicky hands Slick an envelope) "Sorry Cuz, I'm afraid you're on your own. Stick and move, you'll be fine." (Slick turns and leaves)

Fergie: "This can't be legal….I'm not doing it….NO ONE can make me do it!!"

(At that moment Bad News Allen comes out, Chicky hands Bad News an envelope and he then chases Fergie down to ringside, in an attempt to get away from Bad News, Fergie climbs the cage and into the waiting…Hercules Ayala)

==================

MATCH #1:

STEEL CAGE MATCH

If Ayala wins, Chicky Starr gets ALL of Fergie's money AND Fergie leaves CCW

If Fergie wins….he keeps ALL of his money, but still leaves CCW

Hercules Ayala w/Chicky Starr

vs.

"Mr. Money" Carl Fergie

This is EXACTLY what you think it would it to be…..a brutal beating of poor Carl Fergie that goes on for several minutes, Ayala rams his face repeatedly into the cage until Fergie is a bloody mess. Eventually, Ayala mercifully puts Fergie in an over the shoulder backbreaker allowing Fergie to submit and end this massacre.

Winner:

Hercules Ayala

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

MATCH #2:

Nick Bockwinkel defeated Ray Purchase by submission with a figure four

(Post match- Charlie Platt invites Nick Bockwinkel over to the desk on his way back to the dressing room)

Platt: "Nick, I know we spoke to you in Dallas, but congrats on your in ring debut here in Continental and tomorrow is the big day as you'll face off with Tommy Rich in the opening round of the tournament."

BockPromo.jpg

Bockwinkel: "I'm looking forward to competing with Mr. Rich, I know he's certainly not a well liked individual these days but all his opinions aside, he's a skilled wrestler and a former World Champion in his own right."

Platt: That is very true, there's some very strong competitors in this tournament including former NWA World Champion Dory Funk Jr, Blackjack Mulligan, Bruiser Brody, Mr. Olympia, Bob Armstrong, Bad News Allen, and the list goes on…is there anyone in particular you hope to cross paths with…or not cross paths with?"

Bockwinkel: "I'm game for any challenge, I'm focused on my goal of becoming the USWA World Champion, and the first step down that path is to win this tournament….the next step on that path is to defeat Buddy Landel to become the Continental Champion." (Gossett interjects)

Gossett: "Hold on pal, you better not make the mistake of looking past Tommy Rich in the first round…and if you somehow beat Tommy Rich…and you then somehow make it through this tournament….there's no chance in the world that you will beat the Nature Boy!"

Bockwinkel: "First of all, Mr. Platt….I don't appreciate this portly gentleman interrupting our conversation."

Gossett: "Who the hell are you calling portly?"

Bockwinkel: "Sir, if you have a mirror in your home, you have to know how rotund you are….now, I understand you can't just look down and see on account of the number of chins that you have blocking your view but surely at some point you've waddled your way in front of a mirror."

(Buddy Landel comes storming out)

BuddyLandelsuit.jpg

Landel: "Look here paw-paw, you don't come out here insulting my good friend, Ronnie P. Gossett."

Bockwinkel: "That's why I called him 'portly', I thought that's what the 'P' stood for."

Landel: "Well, the old man's got jokes huh? I'll tell you the real joke is that you think your old butt has a chance in hell of winning this tournament…..much less a chance of beating me if you somehow did….then if you somehow cheated or got lucky and beat me…there's no chance you'd survive a match with Terry Funk!"

Bockwinkel: "First of all Mr. Landel, I want to make it abundantly clear that I would never try to out joke a man such as yourself, obviously anyone who has the nerve to claim he's the 'Real Nature Boy' when Buddy Rogers and Ric Flair still exist has a much better sense of humor than an 'old man' like me.  As far as my chances in this tournament, I'd say they're better than average. My chances of beating Terry Funk, that remains to be seen. However, my chances of beating you….well, I have no doubt that I could get the better of a wannabe 'Nature Boy' who hangs out with a fat blowhard who wouldn't know a great wrestler if he came across this desk and slapped the twinkies out of his mouth!"

(with that security and Les Thatcher run out and get between Landel/Bockwinkel)

Platt: "This is getting out of hand, let's go to Jed Pedicino in the Event Center!"

=====================

(Joe Pedicino in the Continental Event Center runs down tomorrow's tournament)

JoeDesk.jpg

VFW Fairgrounds

Carrollton, GA.

Sunday February 28, 1986

Round 1:

Dory Funk Jr.

vs.

Terry Taylor

Ronnie Garvin

vs.

Lord Jonathan Boyd

Blackjack Mulligan

vs.

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

Bruiser Brody

vs.

Hercules Ayala w/Chicky Starr

Nick Bockwinkel

vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

vs.

Tatsumi "the Dragon" Fujinami

"Maniac" Matt Borne w/Luscious Johnny V.

vs.

Mr. Olympia

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

Bad News Allen

Bonus: Non-Tournament Tag Team Match

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Johnny/Davey Rich

Pedicino: "What a line up that is and before we wrap this up I have some huge news to announce, it was announced earlier in the week that Texas All-Star Wrestling will now be airing on the USA Network on Saturdays at noon as a part of a new sports block, well it's my privielage to announce that Continental Championship Wrestling will be airing on the USA Network at 1pm immediately following Texas All-Star starting next Saturday!"

=====================

MATCH #3:

Ronnie Garvin pinned Rusty Jones after the 'knock out punch'

RonnieGarvin3.jpg

In his post match promo, Ronnie Garvin says he's been working hard to rehab his injured knee and that tomorrow's tournament is a chance to make up for the time he's lost due to injury and to fast track himself to the top of Continental by becoming the champion!

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

(Cut to the interview area where Joe Pedicino is joined by The Richs)

FB_IMG_1611757912762.jpg

Pedicino: "Thanks for joining me guys, I know the fans have wanted to hear what you have to say about that the humiliating loss you suffered down in Texas."

Johnny: "Humiliating loss? What humiliating loss?"

Pedicino: "When after all the awful things you said about Texas and the Von Erichs, The Wild Bunch beat you."

Tommy: "Are you kidding me right now, boy?  Why should we feel humiliated about anything that happened in Texas? We went down there and beat everybody they put in front of us……and they knew damn good and well that Black Bart and Ron Bass, The Sissy Bunch couldn't beat us…so what did they do? They flew the stinkin' Von Erichs in from New York to help 'em!  So, fat boy you mean to tell me that Johnny and I should feel humilated that it took FIVE Texans to beat us?? Watch the damn tape, there's no disputing it! They cheated us and it took five of them to do it! We didn't get beat….we got screwed! We got bamboozled! We got the shaft and no, we aren't ashamed or humiliated…if anything we're vindicated and it just proves they know for a fact that TWO Texans can't beat TWO good ol' boys from Tennessee so they had to stack the deck and cheat…case closed….I don't want to hear another word about Texas, it can fall off into the Gulf of Mexico or hell as far we're concerned!"

Johnny: "Damn right! Let's talk about the fact that Tommy is going to be in that tournament tomorrow in Georgia and when it's all said and done, we'll not only be the Continental Tag Champs, but he'll be the Continental Heavyweight Champ too…..then Davey can win that Junior title and we'll have ALL the belts!"

Pedicino: "Yeah, we're getting to that….so Tommy, you've got to face one of the best technical wrestlers of all time, the former AWA World Champion Nick Bockwinkel in the first round."

Tommy: "So what? You think I care that he was AWA World Champion? Whose the AWA World Champion now? Nobody, cuz it don't exist no more! I was a former NWA World Champion….the NWA still exists so that gives me the edge! Not to mention that Bockwinkel is a bit 'long in the tooth' as they say."

Davey: "He has long teeth?"

Johnny: "It means he's old."

Tommy: "I'm gonna walk right through that tournament just like we did in that place we shall not speak of anymore….SOMEBODY SAY SUMTHIN' BOUT THA CONTINENTAL CHAMP!! now excuse us, Tubby….I'm going to go show these people what to expect tomorrow about Nick Bockwinkel."

-----------------------------------

MATCH #4:

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich w/Johnny & Davey Rich pinned Randy Watson with the 'Thesz Press'

RPG: "Great win for Tommy Rich, just like the one he's going to get over that old fart, Nick Bockwinkel tomorrow! Plus, everything he said about what happened in Dallas is true, you can't dispute any of it, Platt!"

Platt: "Well…somewhat."

RPG: "Which part wasn't true?"

Platt: "Let's go to the ring to Downtown Bruno and his new tag team."

======================

(Downtown Bruno is in the ring with Tony Anthony, newcomer Doug Gilbert, and the Mighty Goliath)

DowntownBruno3.jpg

Doug-Gilbert.jpg

DWB.jpg

Bruno: "Last week I introduced you to the biggest, baddest man in wrestling, the Mighty Goliath! Now, I want to introduce you to the team who would have won that Von Erich tournament if I had put them together sooner, The Dirty White Boys…Tony Anthony and from the world famous Gilbert wrestling family, Doug Gilbert! So, bring those goofy Armstrongs out here cause right now we're going to beat them like a drum, cuz it's like Mama says, it beez that way sometimes!"

------------------------------------

MATCH #5:

Scott/Steve Armstrong defeated The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Doug Gilbert) w/Downtown Bruno & Goliath when Steve pinned Doug Gilbert after a dropkick off the top rope

As the Armstrongs are having their hands raised, the Mighty Goliath and Tony Anthony blast them from behind! Goliath gives Scott Armstrong a big splash, he's about to give Steve one when Bob and Brad Armstrong along with Brickhouse Brown and Norvell Austin all hit the ring to make the save!

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

MATCH #6:

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami pinned Akio Sato with a 'Dragon Suplex'

02-%E8%97%A4%E6%B3%A2%E8%BE%B0%E7%88%BE_

=======================

PROMO from "Bullet" Bob Armstrong talking about tomorrow's tournament, he says he's looking to get some revenge on Bad News Allen in the first round and then he hopes to encounter Dory Funk Jr at some point in the tournament as well, and then he'll be more than happy to face 'big mouth' Buddy Landel  to become the Continental Heavyweight Champion!

--------------------------------------

MATCH #7:

MAIN EVENT

Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia

vs.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel/"Maniac" Matt Borne

w/"Luscious" Johnny V.

As Brody/Olympia are making their way down the aisle, they are jumped from behind by Eric Embry and Steve Regal….they begin to fight them off but Landel and Borne quickly join them and it's four on two at ringside…..The Nightmares run down to help, but The Moondogs and Killer Khan join the fray, followed by the Armstrongs….

Platt: "This is completely out of hand, let's take a commercial break and see if we can restore some order and try to get this match in the ring in the short amount of time we have remaining this week."

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

(we return from the break to the desk with Charlie Platt & Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Fans, we apologize but we were unable to restore order to the point that we can get this week's main event tag team match in the ring, Brody and Olympia were jumped by Embry and Regal and all hell broke loose from there."

(George Barnes comes storming in and grabs the mic from Gossett)

GeorgeBarnes.jpg

Barnes: "Charlie Platt, you listen to me and listen good….you tell Les Thatcher that I want that little snot nosed punk Jeff Jarrett in the ring….anytime, anywhere!  He cost me that match last week and if he thinks he's going to get away with that, he's bloody crazy! So either give me a match with him….or I'll get my hands on him wherever I can, whether it's in a hotel lobby, a Waffle House, or in a parking lot! That bloody no good Yank is going to regret ever stepping foot in a wrestling ring! Sign it Thatcher, make it happen!"

Platt: "There you hear it from George Barnes, we'll see what happens with that.  Let me remind you once again that starting next Saturday we will be airing at 1pm on the USA Network following Texas All-Star Wrestling and don't forget tomorrow in Carrollton, Georgia…the Continental Heavyweight Title tournament, also next week we'll have news about the upcoming Corvette Key on a Pole Battle Royal where the first man to climb the pole and retrieve the key, will win a brand new corvette!"

RPG: "A brand new Corvette? Heck, I may have to enter that! Also, I just want to say that I hope George Barnes gets his hands on that little weasel Jeff Jarrett after that stunt he pulled last week! Also, I confirmed during the last commercial break that Chicky Starr has granted me an exclusive interview next week where he says he will introduce me to his brand new 'Starr Corporation' which he says is now funded by 'a generous grant from the now Mr No-Money Carl Fergie'….and last but not least…I'm happy that the USA Network was so impressed with my performance at the David Von Erich Memorial show that they decided to give us a spot on the Network."

Platt: "I'm not sure that's what made the decision for them, but sure…whatever gets you through the day. So, please join us next week for another exciting program and hopefully we can bring you that tag team match in the future, but we do know for sure that next week we'll be seeing a 'Nightmare Cage Match between The Nightmares and The Moondogs, we'll also see the television debut of Jeff Jarrett in the ring, as well as that Continental Championship match between "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel and the winner of tomorrow's tournament…. so for Ronnie P. Gossett, I'm Charlie Platt, we'll see you next week for more Continental Championship Wrestling!"

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

LMAO.... Wow....

Carl Fergie just got fucked harder than a virgin on prom night!

I can't wait to see the fallout from this one! Who was in on it? Who is aligned with who? This is going to be a ton of fun!

Great segment with Bockwinkel and Landel!! Two of the top talkers in the game come face to face!! I thought that's what the "P" stood for popped me big time! Whether Bock makes it to the finals or not, I hope these two continue to interact!

Holy Shit! What a line up on the tournament!! Literally every match in the first round could be a main event!

and the USA Saturday Afternoon wrestling block is complete!!! Texas All Star and Continental go back to back on Saturday afternoons, immediately after the Cartoon Express!

Ronnie Garvin using the KO Punch and not the Garvin Stomp is going to draw a negative review from me on that segment of the show!

I see The Rich Cousins learned absolutely nothing from their time in Texas, and I Love It! He has long teeth!! Fantastic!

A new Dirty White Boys with Tony Anthony and Doug Gilbert? Yeah, that could work!

Well, that didn't work! But Goliath starts whipping Armstrongs until the cavalry arrives! If folks aren't careful, Bruno may put together a dangerous stable under their noses!!

Fujinami over Sato in some Japanese action! Good way to establish Fujinami with the crowd here.

and the main event breaks down into a total shit show!! Perfect way to end the last episode of TV before you head to cable!!

Things are shaping up for a HUGE debut on the USA Network next week! Continental is very quickly progressing from that regional feel into a big promotion feel. I can't wait to see what goes down in the tournament, and what goes down next week!!

Great Stuff Brother!!

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh man Fergie got jacked!!!!! Ayala, Chicky, Fergie, Bad News and Slick, no loose ends here. Brilliant way to write off Fergie and get Chicky going. We'll see if Fergie can ever rebound from this. He better give Morrow a call. This was one of the best opening segments I've ever read. 

The show's momentum continues to roll as Bock and Buddy go toe to toe with the wisecracks. Gotta say, Bock held his own LOL. This could be a very interesting story. 

Damn, I still can't get over the quality of those first round match ups. 

LOL, here we go. I've been dying to hear the Rich's DVE tournament comments. Loved it! They call it like it was and made themselves look like the real winners. That's exactly how you keep the heat baby. "He has long teeth" hilarious. 

LOL, Bruno introduces the Dirty White Boys which is followed by a loss to the Armstrong's. DWB's get their heat back with a post match beating. I agree with Bleh, Anthony and Gilbert along with Bruno can work. 

Fujinami continues to get over. I liked this IWGP title match mixed in with all the Continental chaos. 

Speaking of chaos, main event gives us a lot of it. We didn't get an official match but I think that multi man brawl was enough to satisfy the viewers. 

Young Jarrett better have eyes in the back of his head after that promo by Barnes. Barnes is really doing a good job with this feud. 

LOL, Corvette key on a pole battle royal! What a classic 80s gimmick.

The USA network execs should be patting themselves on the back. First Texas and now Continental. I'm looking at some sky rocketing ratings! Hey, with the Beauty Shop and Fiesta Garden, maybe Chicky should bring back the Sport Shop LOL. 

Great stuff Gene! Can't wait for the tournament. 

WOW... What a first segment,  Ferige is out of here and broke again.  Ayala and Starr along with Bad News with money to do what they want... this is going to be dangerous.

I thought the Landel/ Ronnie P promos were as good as it gets but you outdid yourself when you added Bock. 

What a card in Carlton, GA

Awesome promo by Wildfire but I have a bad feeling he is in some trouble when Bock gets in the ring.

More enemies for the Armstrongs... just what CCW is all about.  Downtown Bruno has himself some nasty boys in his group.

Wild last match of the night.  Southern territories love themselves a good ol brawl.

Corvette Key on a Pole Match... I might need to steel that one.

You got me hooked for next week already.

VFW Fairgrounds

Carrollton, GA.

Sunday February 28, 1986

Continental Championship Tournament RESULTS

Round 1:

Dory Funk Jr. pinned Terry Taylor with a small package and a handful of tights

Ronnie Garvin pinned Lord Jonathan Boyd with a sunset flip off the top rope

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Blackjack Mulligan by DQ when Mulligan hit Khan with a steel chair while fighting at ringside

Bruiser Brody pinned Hercules Ayala w/Chicky Starr after a jumping piledriver

Nick Bockwinkel pinned Tommy "Wildfire" Rich with a backslide in a surprisingly technical match between two former World Champions, afterwards Bockwinkel offered to shake Rich's hand…Rich reached out like he was about to shake his hand then gave him a middle finger instead.

Tatsumi "the Dragon" Fujinami defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda by submission with the Dragon Sleeper in an extremely hard fought match, afterwards the two did shake hands and got a standing ovation from the fans in Carrollton

"Maniac" Matt Borne w/Johnny V pinned Mr. Olympia after hitting him with a chain handed to him by Valiant

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong fought Bad News Allen to a double count out. This was a wild brawl from the opening bell leading to them eventually fighting their way out to the floor and eventually all the way up the aisle and out of sight

Round 2:

Dory Funk Jr. defeated Ronnie Garvin by submission- Funk spent the majority of the match working on the previously injured leg of Garvin before finally getting the victory with his spinning toehold

Bruiser Brody vs. Killer Khan was declared a 'No Contest'- after two different referees were knocked out during their brawl, a third referee came out and declared both men would be eliminated from the tournament and was then chased out of the building by an angry Brody!

Nick Bockwinkel pinned Tatsumi Fujinami by turning an abdominal stretch into a roll up for the victory

"Maniac" Matt Borne received a 'bye' into the semi-finals due to the double count of Armstrong/Bad News

SEMI-FINALS:

Dory Funk Jr received a 'bye' into the finals due to the 'No Contest' between Brody and Khan

Nick Bockwinkel defeated "Maniac" Matt Borne w/Johnny V by DQ when Valiant got caught handing Borne a chain again!  Afterwards Borne was livid and attacked Johnny V, leaving him laid out and bloody in the ring

NON TOURNAMENT MATCH

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Johnny/Davey Rich when Cooley pinned Davey after a running bulldog

FINALS:

Nick Bockwinkel pinned Dory Funk Jr. when he rolled up Funk as he was going for his spinning toehold!

Bockwinkel will face Buddy Landel on television this Saturday to crown the new Continental Champion.

Tournament is off to a great start with some exciting first round action. 

Taylor's been on a pretty good roll but he was in there with a ring general in Dory Funk. 

Garvin was a master of the sunset flip from the top rope. 

Obviously still a lot of bad blood between Mulligan and Khan. Mulligan wins the fight but Khan advances. 

Brody putting Ayala down with a jumping piledriver was impressive.

HAHAHA! Rich giving the finger to Bock after his loss was priceless. Even in defeat Tommy, still keeps his heat. 

Fujinami defeats Street in a classic. Looks like the fans were into this one. 

Borne and his brass knuckles pull of an upset on Olympia. 

Another hate filled match as Bullet and Bad News get themselves eliminated. 

Dory's a smart man as he takes advantage of Garvin's previous injury to advance.

WOW! That Brody/Khan match was nuts! Maybe we'll get more between these two monsters.

Bock gets a big win over Fujinami. I know these guys had their working boots on. 

This time the tactic backfires and Bock advances over Borne. The maniac in Borne comes out and Johnny V felt it. 

Bad night for the Rich's. 

Doesn't get much better than a Bock/Dory finals showdown. Bock wins it! Yes! Now we get Landel vs. Bock for the title! 

Solid tournament Gene. Nice to see Bock win it. 

That has to be the best night of wrestling that the VFW Fairgrounds every saw.

Dory over Taylor would have been a nice, technical match that you knew would end with some questionable tactics by Dory.

Even when Wildfire goes down, he goes down with a bang.  I had a feeling he was in trouble here.

khan-Mulligan and Broady-Ayala are two matches that are not for the faint of heart.  The poor ref being chased by Brody might have crapped his pants.

Garvin is a long shot here but only becasue he has not received a lot of attention... He could be a great CCW champ.

From the opening round, it just seems like BOcks night and he continued with a strong second round match.

Awesome tourny and I am really looking forward to Bock vs Landel.  With you, it is all about the promos for me as you are the best!  Your Bock and Landel along with Wildfire are so great that I want them all to keep winning so they stay at or near the top so I can keep reading them every week.  Bock vs Landel.... I am thrilled either way.

Tuesday March 2, 1986- Batesville, MS.

Wednesday March 3, 1986- Grenada, MS.

Thursday March 4, 1986- Oxford, MS.

Friday March 5, 1986- Ripley, MS.

Saturday March 6, 1986- Booneville, MS.

TNT pinned Sammy Hall with a spinwheel kick

Terry Taylor pinned Teijho Khan following 'Five Arm'

The Dynamite Duo (Brickhouse Brown/Norvell Austin) defeated The Sheepherders (Butch Miller/Luke Williams) w/Lord Jonathan Boyd by DQ when Boyd struck Brown with the flag pole

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley after a knee drop from the 2nd rope

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Brad/Scott/Steve Armstrong defeated The Dirty White Boys (Tony Anthony/Doug Gilbert)/The Mighty Goliath when Brad pinned Gilbert after a 'Russian Legsweep'

MAIN EVENT

Tatsumi 'the Dragon' Fujinami defeated Dory Funk Jr with 'Dragon Suplex' in a main event that went over 30 minutes

UNSANCTIONED LIGHTS OUT MATCH

Bad News Allen pinned "Bullet" Bob Armstrong after Slick ran down and sprayed something in the eyes of Armstrong, allowing Bad News to hit him witht the 'Ghetto Blaster'

Tuesday March 2, 1986- Troy, AL.

Wednesday March 3, 1986- Ozark, AL.

Thursday March 4, 1986- Pell City, AL.

Friday March 5, 1986- Scottsboro, AL.

Saturday March 6, 1986- Cullman, AL.

Ronnie Garvin pinned Akio Sato with a sunset flip off the top rope

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned George Barnes when Jeff Jarrett came to ringside and told the referee that Barnes had used a chain on Street, Barnes jumped out of the ring and chased Jarrett all around ringside, nearly getting counted out but he managed to slide in at the count of nine, but Street caught him with an Oklahoma roll and got the pin!

Special Challenge Match

Hercules Ayala w/Chicky Starr pinned "White Lightning" Tim Horner after a powerslam

Grudge Match

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) fought The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) to a double countout

U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship

'Senor Dinero' Chicky Starr w/Hercules Ayala pinned Tyree Pride with his feet on the ropes

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Tag Team Championship

Johnny/Tommy Rich w/Davey Rich defeated Blackjack Mulligan/Kendall Windham when Johnny pinned Kendall after Davey interfered

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Bruiser Brody/Mr. Olympia/Nick Bockwinkel defeated Matt Borne/Steve Regal/Eric Embry w/Buddy Landel when Brody pinned Regal after a jumping piledriver

Awesome week for ther CCW.... and this week's winner is .... Alabama.  I love both cards and I am very, very biased but I am really digging JJ bothering Barnes along with the new rich man in town... Senor Dinero.  Plus where Wildfire is involved with a victory with Mulligan on the other side.... I am ALL IN.

Another action packed Continental loop. 

Dynamite Duo and Sheepherders are heading for some kind of wild gimmick match.

Khan is still a bad man as he gets a good win over popular Wendell Cooley. 

Dirty White Boys might be thinking twice about messing with the Armstrong's.

Oh man, Fujinami is on a roll in Continental. That win over Dory is big time. 

I wouldn't want to be Slick when Bullet gets a hold of him. Of course he's got to get through Bad News to do that. 

Garvin is picking up some nice wins. 

Young Jarrett is playing with fire. Barnes must be furious right now. 

Nightmares and Moondogs continue to tear it up. 

Chicky Starr is going to be huge. I can feel it. 

Rich's take down the Mulligans. I'm sure this was a crowd pleaser lol. 

Awesome main event to send the fans home happy. Brody/Olympia and Bock, damn what a team! 

aAHOrh6.png

Continental Championship Wrestling Episode #6

Pre-Recorded

Airing on: Saturday March 6, 1986 on the USA Network at 1pm

(Show opens with a montage of Continental Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from throughout the Continental United States sanctioned by the USWA", we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt alongside Ronnie P. Gossett, and if you're a new viewer joining us for the first time here on the USA Network we'd like to welcome you and if you're a long time fan, thanks for tuning in here on our new network and time."

RPG: "That’s right, just sit back and enjoy the expert analysis of the greatest color commentator in pro wrestling today and please excuse the man I call, Charlie 'at least he's not Marc Lowrance' Platt."

Platt: "Marc Lowrance is a great announcer and is now a colleague of our's so please show him some respect."

RPG: "I'm not being disrespectful, I’m just saying Marc Lowrance has put more people to sleep in Texas than the death penalty."

Platt: "Good grief…moving on, we have a great show in store for you tonight as we'll be crowning our new Continental Heavyweight Champion tonight as the winner of last week's tournament Nick Bockwinkel will face the final Twin States Champion Buddy Landel."

RPG: "I can't wait to see 'the Nature Boy' beat that geezer Nick Bockwinkel and send him to the old folks home where he belongs!"

Platt: "Geezer? Are you referring to the man who defeated Tommy Rich, Tatsumi Fujinami, AND Dory Funk Jr all in the same day to win the tournament?"

RPG: "I wasn't there so I don't know any of that to be true…..I'm sure he cheated, if it even happened at all."

Platt: "We're also going to see the television debut match of the rookie Jeff Jarrett, Tim Horner will be in action, and not only all that…we're going to see The Nightmares take on the Moondogs with Sir Oliver Humperdink inside a steel cage!"

RPG: "Sir Oliver Humperdink told me that he's sick and tired of dealing with the Nightmares and if the Moondogs don't beat them in this cage match he's going to fire them!"

Platt: "I almost forgot to mention that you'll be talking to Chicky Starr about what took place last week with Carl Fergie."

RPG: "You don't want to miss that…..I promise you!"

==================

MATCH #1:

"White Lightning" Tim Horner pinned Ray Purchase with the 'natural bridge'

TimHorner.jpg

==================

(Joe Pedicino is in the back with the Platinum Club- Buddy Landel, Matt Borne, Eric Embry, and Steve Regal)

Pedicino: "I'm here with the Platinum Club and I can't help but notice that Johnny V is nowhere to be found."

Borne: "You won't be seeing him around here anymore because he cost me my shot at the Continental title and he has screwed up time and time again…and there's not going to be anymore screw ups in the Platinum Club!"

Embry: "I liked Johnny…did we really have to throw him out?"

Regal: "Yeah, he helped me and Embry out a lot…I think that…" (Borne interrupts)

Borne: (gets in Regal's face) "I don't care what you THINK Regal because you haven't exactly been doing so hot yourself lately….seems like every time we lose it's your shoulders on the mat!" (Landel gets between them)

Landel: "Let's calm down and focus on what's important here….ME winning that Continental title tonight against Bockwinkel….now, in the future Borne, I would like to be consulted before you haul off and attack folks and kick them out of the group, because now I don't have a manager tonight in this title match which would have been helpful."

Borne: "Well do you really want one that could screw up and cost you the match like he did me?"

Embry: "Good news champ! I went out this week and got myself a manager's license so I'll be your manager tonight…and everynight for that matter."

Borne: "Did you not hear what I JUST SAID about screw ups?"

Regal: "Embry is not a screw up!" (getting in Borne's face/Landel steps in again)

Landel: "Cool your jets kids…..Embry, you're in…but don't you dare do anything to cost me this match. Borne….Regal…get it together…you guys have a six man tonight. Don't embarrass us." (walks away)

Borne: (Sneers looking at Regal) "Just stay outta my way!"

==================

(Back at the announce desk)

Platt: "Wow…I've never seen Landel so serious."

RPG: "He means business and there's no way in hell Bockwinkel walks out with that belt tonight."

==================

MATCH #2:

Handicap Match

The Mighty Goliath w/Downtown Bruno pinned Eddie Wilson/Curley Jefferson when Goliath stacked Wilson on top of Jefferson and gave them both a big splash

MightyGoliath.jpg

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

(Joe Pedicino is in the locker room of Nick Bockwinkel)

Nick-Bockwinkel-1-571x450.jpg

Pedicino: "First of all Nick, congrats on winning that tournament..that was quite an impressive showing."

Bockwinkel: "It was a long day for sure, but I hope that silences everyone who is ill informed enough to think that I'm past my prime, I beat three of the best wrestlers in the world that day and tonight I'm walking out of here the Continental Champion!"

Pedicino: "I know last week you had some words with Buddy Landel, I just spoke with him earlier and he seems more serious and focused than we've ever seen him."

Bockwinkel: "Well, how big of him to finally take something serious rather than treat this like some second rate comedy show with his fat friend out there.  Perhaps he realizes now that he's on a national cable network and the stakes are high….this isn't a joke and I'm not here to have fun! I'm here to wrestle and win championships….and that's exactly what I intend to do here tonight. Mr. Landel can take it seriously or he can be the usual jackass that you've all come to know and despise but either way I'm leaving here your Continental Heavyweight Champion tonight and that Mr Pedicino is a fact whether Mr Landel likes it or not."

------------------------------

(back at the desk)

RPG: "Who is this 'fat' friend he's referring to?"

Platt: "Well I can only assume…."

RPG: "You know what they say happens when you assume……you can get punched in the face."

Platt: "Then I guess we may never know who Buddy Landel's fat friend is….Anyway, coming up next week our main event will be a 'Bunkhouse Match' between Blackjack Mulligan and Killer Khan! Then the following week, we will have a 10 man Gauntlet Match to crown the first ever Continental USA Network Television Champion, here's a shot of the brand new belt and we'll find out next week who those ten competitors will be."

usahvy88.gif

===================

MATCH #3:

Jeff Jarrett pinned Ronnie Jenkins after a dropkick from the 2nd rope

JeffJarrett.jpg

Post match attack from Barnes and Boyd, save from Street & Dundee

===================

(VTR: We go to what appears to be a fancy restaurant as Ronnie P. Gossett, Chicky Starr, and Hercules Ayala are sitting around a table)

RPG: "Chicky, this is a pretty swanky place….thanks for inviting me."

ChickyStarr3.jpg

Chicky: "Nothings too good for you, amigo. It's my pleasure, please…order anything your heart desires, it's on me."

(Camera obviously cuts to after they've ordered)

RPG: "How generous, thank you so much.  So…tell me…how long were you planning what you pulled on 'Mr. Money', it was genius….I wish I had thought of it first!"

Chicky: (laughs) "Well, first of all…it's just Carl now…no more Mr. Money….well, except for me….from now on you can call me 'Senor Dinero'.  As for how long did it take? Not long honestly…..I could see Slick and Bad News were working on doing something similar but weren't smart enough to pull it off so I approached them and offered to pay them to help me out."

RPG: "So, are you guys allies now?"

Chicky: "Not exactly…..you see with this money I have started up a new Starr Corporation.  Of course, you have myself and my right hand man and one man security detail, Hercules Ayala.  Now, next week I will be introducing you to two more members of the Starr Corporation. No, it's not going to be Slick and Bad News….they are not members….more like associates if you will. If I see they can help me, I will pay them for their services otherwise, they are of no use to me."

RPG: "Good call, I like it. That being said, what's on the Starr Corporation's agenda right now?"

Chicky: "Gold, amigo…we want all the gold! (holds up his U.S. Jr title belt) We've got this one already, when I introduce my two new members next week, you'll see they are after the tag team titles, we'll also be looking to take that new USA Network Television title….however, what we really wanted was that Continental title…and we'll get it soon enough….however that lunatic Bruiser Brody cost us that opportunity for now….so that puts Mr. Brody as number one on our hit list….and that's not somewhere ANYONE wants to be…(the waiter arrives with the food)...but enough business talk…the food is here."

RPG: (raises his glass) "To the Starr Corporation! Best of luck in all your endeavors."

Chicky: (Slipping a roll of hundred dollar bills in Gossett's jacket pocket) "A little something for your trouble Amigo, thank you for taking the time to speak with us."

(END VTR)

-------------------------------

Platt: "So now I see why you've been singing the praises of Chicky Starr ever since we got to the arena today, you're bought and paid for."

RPG: "No I'm not, you heard what he said, that was just a little something for my trouble…I should get a pocketful of money everytime I have to sit out here with you, that's real trouble. Having lunch with 'Senor Dinero' was an absolute delight."

Platt: "Oh come on….you would eat with Charles Manson if he was picking up the tab."

RPG: "How dare you!"

Platt: "Let's go to the ring, and see your former buddies the Platinum Club in action."

RPG: "They're still my buddies….I mean…I'm objective…I don't have any buddies in the ring."

===================

MATCH #4:

The Platinum Club (Matt Borne/Eric Embry/Steve Regal) defeated Randy Watson/Frank Reynolds/Roy Munson when Borne pinned Munson after a splash off the top rope….things went pretty smooth but there were a couple of intense moments/stiff tags between Borne and Regal during the match.

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #5

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

This one was a wild brawl and quite the bloodbath to be a part of the USA Network debut. After several minutes, Rex grabbed Ken Wayne and held him as Humperdink pitched the bone over the top of the cage to Spot who got a running start to blast Wayne who ducked causing Spot to lay out Rex with the bone instead…..As Spot tried to check on Rex, Wayne hit him from behind with a low blow as Davis climbed to the top of the cage and came off with a flying legdrop, Wayne covers for the 1-2-3….as Humperdink throws his hands in the air and walks out before the three count is even completed.

=================

Local promos for this week's spot shows

=================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=================

As we go to the ring for the main event, Buddy Landel is led down the aisle by his new manager Eric Embry who is wearing an ill fitting tuxedo with a large cumberbun, carrying a book that he holds up to the camera titled, 'the One Minute Manager'.  Embry smiles wide and points to his head signifying he's some sort of genius….Landel looks annoyed…..Bockwinkel makes his way down the aisle looking cool, calm, and collected.

---------------------------

MATCH #

MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Championship

Nick Bockwinkel - Tournament Winner

vs.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel - Final Twin States Champions

w/"The Exceptional Intellectual" Eric Embry

The bell rings and the two top contenders to the championship meet in the center of the ring and they seem to be having a few words back and forth until Bockwinkel snatches a headlock and the match is underway.  Bockwinkel gets the better of Landel in the first couple of exchanges leading Landel to roll out of the ring and to confer with Embry who frantically starts flipping through pages of his book before Buddy slaps it out of his hands and whispers something to him….Embry nods as Landel rolls back into the ring at the 8 count.  Embry jumps up on the apron….which distracts Bockwinkel for a moment…long enough for Landel to blindside him and take control. After staying in control for several minutes, Landel goes for his big corkscrew elbow drop but Bockwinkel gets out of the way and starts to make his comeback….Bockwinkel has Landel rocking for a few moments then he locks him into a sleeper….Landel appears to be in trouble….but he pushes backward as hard as he can knocking Bockwinkel into the referee and breaking the hold and now all three are down! Matt Borne comes running down to ringside but before he can intefere, Mr. Olympia catches him and they begin to brawl around ringside. With the referee still down, Embry enters the ring and is quickly joined by Steve Regal, Embry grabs Bockwinkel as he's getting up off the mat and holds him up….Regal reaches into his tights and pulls out some powder and pours it into his hand…he tosses it but Bockwinkel ducks and the powder goes into the eyes of Embry, Embry is rolling around on the mat holding his eyes….by now Landel is back to his feet, he grabs Bockwinkel from behind…..and Regal reaches into his trunks again and this time he comes out with a chain, he wraps the chain around his fist and climbs up to the 2nd turnbuckles and jumps off but Bockwinkel moves again…and Regal accidently blasts Landel with the chain!!  Bockwinkel dropkicks Regal out of the ring and covers Landel…as the referee manages to crawl over and count 1…2…3!!  The winner and new Continental Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel!

RPG: "What has that idiot Regal done??"

Platt: "I don't know about Regal, but I can tell you what Nick Bockwinkel has done….he's won the Continental Championship!"

RPG: "This is a disgrace! I hate Bockwinkel! I'm not watching this!" (Gossett tosses down his headphones and storms away from the desk)

Platt: "There you have it fans, Ronnie P. Gossett is so mad about what just transpired he has left the broadcast position and Nick Bockwinkel may just be my new favorite wrestler!  Tune in next week, as we'll see Blackjack Mulligan take on Killer Khan in a 'Bunkhouse Match', We'll meet the newest members of the Starr Corporation, and we'll hear from 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong who has a challenge for Bad News Allen! All that and much more next week so please join us here on the USA Network for more…Continental Championship Wrestling!"

© 1986 Continental Championship Wrestling

RPG cracked me up by questioning Bock's tournament wins because he wasn't there to see them. 

Tim Horner looks to be the top ranked contender for the Jr. title. 

We see a different side to Landel tonight as he's serious and focused in the middle of all that tension between the Platinum club. 

Nothing gets a monster over more than a squash handicap match. Goliath isn't playing around. 

Bock is one smooth dude. Calm and focused. Always loved that picture. A true class act. 

Gauntlet match for the new USA network TV title. Oh yea, I'm tuning in next week! Not only that but Mulligan and Khan in a bunkhouse match. YES! 

Young Jarrett wins his debut. It's a good thing he's got Street and Dundee watching his back. 

Senor Dinero! Love it! I'm expecting big things from the Starr Corporation. He's defiantly got the funding now. Looks like RPG was eating well. 

An uneasy win for the Platinum Club. I feel Borne is going to snap at any moment. 

Awesome cage match to blow off one hard hitting feud. It was a good run but it looks like Humperdink is officially done with the Moondogs. 

Embry gets to be the top comedian tonight. "The one minute manager" "The exceptional intellectual" LOL that's great stuff. 

Bock and Landel give the fans a great match as they battle for the Continental title. Chaos ensues and major screw ups follow. Everything backfires on the Platinum Club and Bock is the new Continental Champ! I can't wait to see how Landel reacts to all this. It's nice to see greats like Harley Race and Bockwinkel doing so well in this game. Even though they're getting up there, they could still go in 86. 

I'm sure the USA network is very pleased with the addition of Continental and Texas. 

RPG starting the show by burying Marc Lowrance! Love It!

"I wasn't there so I don't know any of that to be true…..I'm sure he cheated, if it even happened at all." LOL....That's awesome!!

Tim Horner picks up a nice win in the opener. He'll be looking for a shot at that Junior Title sooner than later.

Some dissension in the Platinum Club, but Borne seems like he might actually be doing them more good than harm by taking care of business! Buddy seems like he is taking things real serious tonight, which could spell trouble for Bock!

Mighty Goliath is a beast! This guy might finally give Bruno the break he's been looking for!!

Fantastic Bockwinkel promo! Deadly serious, and perfectly Nick. Top Notch Man. This match is going to set the tone for Continental.

Who is the Fat Friend!! LOL

Some big matches coming up in the next few weeks, and that's a nice looking belt!

Something, something Jeff Jarrett.....

Nice introduction for the Starr Corporation! Looking forward to finding out who their tag team is going to be. With Ayala as his bodyguard, and oodles of cash at his disposal, Chicky is about to be a real big deal around here!

Platinum Club gets a win against the enhancement talent. Good thing Regal didn't get pinned in this one! Borne would have probably killed him!!

The Nightmares finish off The Moondogs in a bloody cage match! Humperdink walks out on the Dogs! This feud looks to be all done, and The Nightmares show everyone why they are probably the top team in Continental.

Oh My.... What a Main Event!

Bockwinkel brings home the gold, but that might be the minor story here! Olympia and Borne continue to fight, and Regal just screwed the pooch HUGE! Powder in the eyes of Embry, and a chain filled punch to Buddy. Oh Boy... I can't wait to see the fall out from this!

Congrats to Mr. Bockwinkel on adding another title to his resume!!

Congrats to Mr. Jackson on another fine week of Continental!

Awesome TV show this week.  Love the relationship between the USWA promotions.  The Marc Lawrence comment was hilarious as is almost everything out of the mouth of RPG.

Interesting developments within the Platinum club.  I knew there was trouble but didn't think it was going to blowup so fast.... Bock with the belt but there will be hell to pay for Regal.

Really liking the progress of JJ

Looking forward to seeing who else is in the Starr Corp.

Was watching some CCW from 1985 on youtube.  Never knew much about the Nightmares but there were one fun team.... good job here by them to talk out the Moondogs.

Cool looking US belt.  

Horner seems to be moving up the ladder as does the Might Goliath.