Pro Wrestling Only

Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Great show Gene! So much happening! 

Barnes and Dundee, together again! This is priceless. Right off the bat they get into the thick of things. What a stipulation, the name, the manager and a spot in the tournament! This was great TV. I really like the Crews/Timbs pairing but Dundee and Barnes are going to be hard to beat. If Crews and Timbs ever need a place to go, call me LOL. 

The Wildcat is back home! He's immediately thrusted into the main event mix as he does Bullet Bob a solid. 

The Assassins will fit right in this stacked tag division. 

Another big return as Jimmy Golden rejoins his Fuller cousins! All is right in Twin States.

Bota is going to bring a lot of attention to the Jr. Title.  

No matter what, Jimmy Valiant knows how to stay popular. 

WOW!!!! LeDuc destroys Brisco! This is pretty big and sets LeDuc up as a very serious threat to Fuller's title. 

So much great stuff is going on here. Man I cant wait for the Farm Center card! 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twin States Wrestling

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, AL.

Saturday July 25, 1985

Bell Time 8pm

The Invaders (#1/#2) wrestled The Assassins (#1/#2) to a 15 minute time limit draw

NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship- Rematch

Bota the Witch Doctor pinned Roy Lee Welch after a powerslam

Jerry Brisco pinned Kim Duk with a small package

Winning Team will be the Violent Gentlemen and

Compete in tomorrow's tag title tournament,

The Losing Team must split up for good

SPECIAL REFEREE: Don Carson

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/George Barnes defeated Art Crews/Ken Timbs when Barnes pinned Crews after a spike piledriver…..Carson raised their hands and celebrated with them.  Timbs tried to join in on the celebration but was given a spike piledriver as well.    Bill Dundee and George Barnes will now be known as the 'Violent Gentlemen' and will be entered into tomorrow's Twin States Tag Team title tournament

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant defeated "Killer" Tim Brooks w/Don Carson with the sleeper hold

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo when Golden pinned Pogo after a piledriver

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

8 Man Tag Team Grudge Match

Brad/Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton/Wendell Cooley w/Bullet Bob Armstrong defeated Buzz Sawyer/Angel of Death/The Nightmares w/Ron Wright when Brad Armstrong pinned Buzz Sawyer as Bob prevented Ron Wright from interfering

MAIN EVENT

NWA Twin States Championship

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller defeated "Canadian Lumberjack" Joe LeDuc w/Don Carson by DQ when Don Carson tripped Fuller in front of the referee…..LeDuc was furious and confronted Carson but before anything could happen…..Bill Dundee, George Barnes, and Bota hit the ring and attacked Fuller…..they beat him down for a minute or so until Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden hit the ring soon followed by Jerry Brisco and Jimmy Valiant….LeDuc didn't want to back down but was dragged away from ringside by Carson, Barnes, Bota, and Dundee.

I really am liking the roster you have put together here!  With all the new editions, this really has a Southeastern feel.

Your commentary between Platt, RPG and the Aussies was awesome!  RPG is able to being heat like no other in the game. 

I think that was the best change of direction due to a roster change I have seen in the game.  They way you brought in Dundee and looked to steal a name, a manager and a spot in the tournament... brilliant!

Fullers call in Golden... business is about to pick up!

So glad I sent you Leduc.  He deserved so much more than I was doing for him.  Great win over Brisco!

I will get to the big show in Dothan soon!

As for the show in Dothan.... So Exciting!

Carson is doing a great job as that #1 heel manager as he is all over the card.

What was Timbs thinking... he should have ram for the hills after he saw the Aussies and Carson celebrating.  He got what he deserved!  As you can see, I am becoming a fan of the heels here in Twin States!  This includes Bota who continues his winning ways but in a more conventional way tonight!

Glad Jerry Brisco bounced back here.  His name is to big to have too many defeats in a row.

I wonder how long Leduc will stay with Carson?  

Twin States Wrestling

Twin States Tag Team Title Tournament

Gulf Coast Coliseum

Gulfport, MS.

Sunday July 26, 1985

Bell Time: 2pm

Round 1:

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Assassins (#1/#2) when Golden pinned Assassin #2 with a sunset flip

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) w/Don Carson defeated The Batten Twins (Bart/Brad) when Dundee pinned Brad Batten after the "Bombs Away" off the top rope

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Ron Wright defeated The Invaders (#1/#2) when Ron Wright handed Nightmare #2 a foreign object that he slipped into his masked and headbutted Invader #1 with leading to the pin fall

Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton defeated Kendo Nagasaki/Kim Duk when Armstrong pinned Duk when Mr. Pogo tried to interfere to help Nagasaki/Duk but accidently struck Kim Duk with his nunchuks allowing Armstrong to cover him for the pin fall

NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship

Bota the Witch Doctor w/Don Carson pinned Chris Youngblood after a diving headbutt off the 2nd rope

TWIN STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

SEMI-FINALS

The Violent Gentlemen (George Barnes/Bill Dundee) w/Don Carson fought Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden to a DOUBLE DQ when the match broke down into a four way melee and the referee could not regain control

NWA Gulf Coast Championship

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant defeated "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer by DQ in a reverse decision when "Bullet" Bob Armstrong came out and pointed out to the referee that Sawyer hit Valiant with a chain that was hidden under his arm…..the ref raised Sawyer's arm and the chain fell out on the mat causing the ref to reverse the decision and DQ Sawyer.

INTERMISSION

Meet the Twin States Champion Ron Fuller and get a picture in the ring during intermission

RonFullerCCWBelt.jpg

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
NWA Twin States Championship

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller defeated Mr. Pogo by submission with the 'Fuller Leglock'

Before the next match, Les Thatcher came out and announced that due to the other semi-final match ending in a double DQ, this next match is now the FINALS of the tournament and the winners will be crowned the first ever Twin States Tag Team Champions!

MAIN EVENT

Twin States Tag Team Championship

Semi-Finals/Finals

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Ron Wright defeated Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton when #2 pinned Hamilton after Ron Wright struck him on the floor with the "chisel" busting him wide open….in a stark contrast to their recent post match temper tantrums….The Nightmares strutted around the ring sporting the brand new championship belts as the fans filed out of the building….they insisted that "We are the Champions" by Queen be played over the Arena PA system while they celebrated in the ring

Nightmares.jpg

Alright! Here we go.

I love masked men tag teams so kicking off the show with an Invaders/Assassins match gets me hooked immediately. 

Bota retains the Jr. title in a rematch with Welch. Man, I hope Bota has a long reign. 

Brisco rebounds from that shocking LeDuc defeat with a nice win over Duk.

Well, my guys Crews and Timbs had a fun run but Dundee and Barnes prove why they should be called the Violent Gentlemen. As soon as he heard this result, Jerry Jarrett was on the phone LOL. 

Golden helps cousin Rob get his revenge. 

Wild 8 man tag as the faces get the big win over those evil heels. Wright sure can't do much with Bullet Bob watching. 

The show can't end without a wild melee. LeDuc isn't pleased with Carson and it's a good thing his men provided a distraction. 

On to the big tag team tournament! 

Fuller and Golden get the fans going as they open things up with a big win over the Assassins.

Violent Gentlemen advance over the popular Batten Twins.

Another fun battle of masked teams as the Nightmares use the classic foreign object in the mask to advance.

Armstrong and Hamilton are in synch now. 

Another successful title defense for Bota. I've got a couple Jr. Heavyweights on my roster if you ever want some challengers for a loop. 

Violent Gentlemen/Fuller and Golden are eliminated. I knew this would be a brawl. Hopefully these guys go at it again.

LOL, Bullet Bob is making life hard for Wright and his men. 

Nice Twin States title bout thrown in as Fuller retains against Pogo.

We're now at the finals! Wright's chisel gets the Nightmares the win and the titles! With their recent frustrations I didn't think the Nightmares would win it. Nice surprise! Love the celebration at the end. Nightmares are a great choice. 

You have such a variety of tag teams that this tournament provided a solid night of action. 

Things just keep getting better! 

Loved all the chaos of the card in Gulfport.... Just look at RD 1.... objects in the mask, partners hitting their own teammates by accident.  I could just see the fans getting more and more into this as the night went on.  

Was surprised to see Fuller and Golden face the Aussies in the Semi-Finals as I thought that might be the title bout but great job getting this feud going with the DDQ!

The Bullet is really getting under the skin of Buzz!  This is going to be awesome!

Way to make the money at intermission...Get a picture with Fuller!

Ron Wright and the chisel gets the Nightmares the titles... Great choice by you Gene as this promotion is all about how crazy can things get and Wright and the Nightmares will make every match interesting as who knows what is coming next!

Twin States Wrestling

July 27th- 31st 1985

Mississippi Loop:

Monday- Greenville, MS.

Tuesday- Water Valley, MS.

Wednesday- Oxford, MS.

Thursday- Corinth, MS.

Friday- Tupelo, MS.

Chris Youngblood pinned "Cool" Carl Fergie with flying crossbody

"Killer" Tim Brooks w/Don Carson pinned Pvt. Terry Daniels following an elbow smash to the head

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell came down to the ring (unadvertised) and said that he's "done looking for tag team partners, you can only count on yourself…so send me out an opponent!"

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell pinned Mr. X in 2:25

Afterwards, Mantell got on the mic and asked, "Is that the best Twin States Wrestling has to offer? What a joke."  Jerry Brisco came to ringside and said that his opponent Boomer Lynch had car trouble and can't make it tonight, "so how about we have a match?"  Dutch hesitated and started to make excuses…but after the crowd started to chant "chicken, chicken"  Dutch finally accepted.

Jerry Brisco pinned "Dirty" Dutch Mantell in 13:55 with a small package

A furious Mantell said that he "wasn't prepared to take on someone of Brisco's stature tonight, plus he had already had a match tonight, plus he had a cold, plus he had driven a long way, plus this ring has a lot of issues and doesn't feel like it meets the state athletic commission's requirements to be considered a legal regulation ring so technically tonight's result shall be stricken from the record books and if anyone here tonight speaks of this match ever again they will be sued for libel and slander!"  and with that Dutch stormed out of the arena after declaring "This town sucks and you can quote me on that!"

The Alaskan Hunters (#1/#2) defeated Frankie Lancaster/George South when Hunter #2 pinned South after a running powerslam

NWA U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Bota the Witch Doctor w/Don Carson pinned Gypsy Joe following a diving headbutt off the 2nd rope

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) w/Don Carson defeated The Invaders (#1/#2) when Dundee pinned Invader #1 with the 'Bombs Away' splash from the top rope

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Six Man Tag Team

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Jimmy Valiant defeated Kim Duk/Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo when Fuller pinned Pogo after kicking him with his "loaded boot"…….after the match, Barnes/Dundee/Brooks all hit the ring on Fuller/Golden/Valiant and a wild brawl ensued….that went up the aisle and out the back door of the building into the parking lot

MAIN EVENT

NWA Twin States Heavyweight Championship

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller defeated Joe LeDuc w/Don Carson by pin fall when Carson accidently hit LeDuc with his loaded glove…..after the match, LeDuc grabbed Carson by the collar and then pressed him over his head and dropped him to the canvas….LeDuc left the ring and no one from Carson's stable came out to assist him from the ring

========================================

Twin States Wrestling

July 27th- 31st 1985

Alabama Loop:

Monday- Huntsville, AL.

Tuesday- Florence, AL.

Wednesday- Hartselle, AL.

Thursday- Decatur, AL.

Friday- Gadsden, AL.

"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell pinned The Gladiator with a sunset flip

Fidel Sierra pinned Shane Douglas with a flying knee drop from the 2nd rope

The Assassins (#1/#2) defeated Dirty Rhodes/Bobby Duncum when Assassin #2 pinned Duncum following a headbutt after loading his mask

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Angel of Death w/Ron Wright after a running bulldog

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Twin States Tag Team Championship

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Ron Wright defeated Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton when a THIRD NIGHTMARE came out from under the ring…and replaced Nightmare #1 who then rolled under the ring, Hamilton went over to pin the Nightmare who quickly rolled him up for the pin

MAIN EVENT

NWA Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer w/Ron Wright defeated Brad Armstrong w/"Bullet" Bob Armstrong by stoppage after Sawyer hit Brad with Wright's "chisel" busting Brad wide open….Bob through in the towel due to Brad's excessive blood loss

Close call and I would have loved to be at either event but I think Dirty Dutch's antics gives the slight nod to the Mississippi loop.  I will say that having Carson in one location and Ron Wright in the other makes for great shows in either place.

Looking forward to the TV show as maybe we find out...

1.  Who the 3rd Nightmare is

2,  What's Leduc's future

3.  When the Bullet is healthy enough to take on Sawyer himself

LOL! Dutch Mantel arrives and should of been happy with that win over Mr. X. Brisco comes out and defeats him. Mantel's excuses were hilarious! 

I'm sure things got a little wild in that Bota/Gypsy match.

The real Violent Gentleman get a nice win over the Invaders.

Violent Gentlemen aren't done yet as they interfere and start a massive brawl with Fuller, Golden and Valiant! 

Ron finally gets the pin on LeDuc thanks to Carson. LOL! LeDuc slams Carson and nobody comes out to help him. I wouldn't want to get in LeDuc's way either. 

Johnny Mantell arrives and gets a nice opening win.

Even though they came up short, I like that Dirty Rhodes/Duncum pairing. The Assassins were just to much to handle tonight.

Cooley gets a huge win over AOD! 

A third Nightmare!?!? Now it's really going to be hard to take the straps off them. 

Somebody is going to have to get that chisel from Wright. I can't wait until Bullet Bob is cleared for action. 

• 3 weeks later...

Twin States Wrestling Episode #4

Saturday August 1, 1985

From the WTVY Ch. 4 Studio in Dothan, Alabama

airing LIVE at Noon on WTVY Channel 4 and on tape

on stations throughout Alabama and Mississippi at various times

Host/Play by Play: Charlie Platt

Co-Host/Color Commentator: Ronnie P. Gossett

Interviewer/Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

(Show opens with a montage of classic Southeastern Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance", we then go to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

HIGHLIGHTS/QUICK RECAP

Les Thatcher makes an announcement about Beach Brawl '85 on Sunday Aug 23rd in Biloxi, MS. It will feature title defenses from the NWA World Champion and the NWA World Tag Team Champions.

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) introduce General Skandor Akbar who says he has taken over Don Carson's stable which will serve as his brand new Devastation Incorporated and he introduces Giant Machine from the WWF as his newest charge!

=====================

MATCH #1:

The Invaders (#1/#2) defeated Bobby/Rocky Ewing when Invader #1 with a flying splash off the top rope

==================

MATCH #2:

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell pinned Ronnie Jenkins

In a post match promo, Mantell says that he wants a rematch TONIGHT with Jerry Brisco because he was not prepared last time to take on someone the caliber of Brisco but he's been training all week and now he's ready to take down Brisco for sure tonight here in Dothan!

==================

MATCH #3:

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Buck Spivey/Phil Wilson by pinfall after Golden gave Wilson a piledriver

Fuller/Golden says tonight they want a piece of the "so called Violent Gentlemen" in a Southern Street Fight!!

===================

After the commercial break, General Skandor Akbar returns to say the Violent Gentlemen have accepted the challenge of Fuller and Golden and that he has managed to get the Giant Machine a Twin States Championship match tonight against Ron Fuller!

===================

MATCH #4:

Twin States Tag Team Champions The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Ron Wright defeated Randy Watson/Roy Munson when Nightmare #2 pinned Munson after a legdrop off the top rope

Ron Wright says that tonight they will put the tag team titles on the line "one last time" against Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton….Charlie Platt interjects that it should be noted that tonight a Gulf Coast Championship match has been signed with Brad Armstrong challenging "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer with Bob Armstrong and Ron Wright handcuffed to the corners.  Wright pitches a fit about being handcuffed tonight but the Nightmares tell him to not worry, they have his back.

=====================

MATCH #5:

TV MAIN EVENT

Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton pinned The Alaskan Hunters (#1/#2) when Hamilton pinned Hunter #2 with a sunset flip

Charlie Platt announces as he closes the show that next week the TV show will be pre-empted due to baseball and there will not be a show next Saturday night due to the Houston County Fair being at the Fairgrounds!

Twin States Wrestling

Dothan, AL.

Saturday August 1, 1985

Bell Time 8pm

"Killer" Tim Brooks w/Gen. Skandor Akbar pinned Shane Douglas after a 'brain buster'

The Invaders (#1/#2) defeated The Alaskan Hunters (#1/#2) when Invader #1 pinned Hunter #2 with a cross body off the top rope

NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Champion

Bota the Witch Doctor w/Gen. Skandor Akbar pinned Pvt. Terry Daniels after a splash off the top rope

The Angel of Death w/Ron Wright pinned "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley after Wright tripped Cooley and held his foot down during the pin

Special Challenge Match

Jerry Brisco pinned "Dirty" Dutch Mantell with an Oklahoma Roll

Mantell pitched a fit and got on the mic, "Brisco, you got lucky boy! If we wrestled 50 more times you couldn't pin me a single time! Get your butt back in here, I want a rematch!"

The bell rings and Jerry Brisco pinned Dutch Mantell with a school boy in 9 seconds!!

Mantell grabs the mic again…."Dadgummit Brisco you know I wasn't ready that time…..get back in here and I will beat you like a red headed stepchild!"  Brisco shakes his head…..and slides back in the ring

Brisco sweeps Mantell's legs and locks him in a figure four leglock…..after a struggle, Mantell submits!

Brisco starts up the aisle….Mantell grabs the mic…again.  "Brisco, hold on….wait a minute. Listen tonight you were the better man and I'll admit that….please come back here and let me shake your hand before I head back to Mid Atlantic with my tail between my legs."  Brisco hesitates…then climbs back in the ring. Mantell extends his hand and shakes Brisco's…..before kicking him right in the crotch!!  Brisco is down writhing in pain on the mat, as Dutch grabs his bullwhip and lashes Brisco several times before several wrestlers hit the ring coming to Brisco's aid as Dutch powders out.

Southern Street Fight

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) w/General Skandor Akbar defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden when Barnes pinned Fuller after Akbar threw a fireball in his face!

Before the next match, Les Thatcher came down and said to make sure there's no interference, while Ron Wright will be handcuffed to one corner, Bob Armstrong will be handcuffed another corner, he will also handcuff The Nightmares to a corner, Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton will be handcuffed to a corner….also Angel of Death will be handcuffed to the same corner as Ron Wright, and Wendell Cooley will be handcuffed to the corner with Bob Armstrong…..that way there will be NO INTERFERENCE!

NWA Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship

With the 8 men handcuffed to the corners as described by Les Thatcher

Brad Armstrong defeated "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer by DQ when Steve Strong came out of the crowd and attacked Brad Armstrong……Strong/Sawyer put a severe beatdown on Brad as Bob/Scott/Hamilton/Cooley could only watch on while handcuffed until Thatcher ran down and uncuffed them but Strong/Sawyer had already left ringside

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Titles vs. No More title shots for Armstrong/Hamilton

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Ron Wright defeated Scott Armstrong/Larry Hamilton when Nightmare #2 pinned Hamilton as Nightmare #3 held down Hamilton's foot from outside the ring which was undetected by the referee

MAIN EVENT

"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller pinned The Giant Machine w/Gen. Skandor Akbar when the Machine missed an "Avalanche" splash in the corner allowing Fuller to quickly cover him for the 1-2-3 and leave ringside…after the match, Akbar berated the Giant Machine….before Machine could react Joe LeDuc, Killer Brooks, Bota the Witch Doctor, and The Violent Gentlemen hit the ring and beatdown the Giant…..with LeDuc pulling the mask off the Giant Machine revealing Plowboy Frazier

Twin States Wrestling

August 3rd-7th 1985

Mississippi Loop

Monday- Ripley, MS.

Tuesday- Iuka, MS.

Wednesday- Amory, MS.

Thursday- Grenada, MS.

Friday- Natchez, MS.

Bobby Duncum pinned Boomer H. Lynch following a big boot to the face

"Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant defeated "Cool" Carl Fergie with a sleeper hold

NWA United States Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Bota the Witch Doctor w/Gen. Skandor Akbar pinned Larry Hamilton after throwing his "voo doo dust" in the eyes of Hamilton while the referee was distracted by Akbar

The Assassins (#1/#2) defeated The Batten Twins (Bart/Brad) when Assassin #1 pinned Brad Batten with a powerslam

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Cousin Junior defeated "Killer" Tim Brooks w/Gen. Skandor Akbar when Brooks got distracted when Plowboy Frazier came to ringside and went after Akbar who managed to run away

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN GRUDGE MATCH

The Violent Gentlemen/Joe LeDuc w/General Skandor Akbar defeated Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Dirty Rhodes (subbing for the injured Robert Fuller) when LeDuc made Rhodes submit with an over the shoulder backbreaker

Twin States Wrestling

August 3rd-7th 1985

Alabama Loop

Monday- Scottsboro, AL

Tuesday-  Centre, AL.

Wednesday- Moulton, AL.

Thursday- Boaz, AL.

Friday- Tuscaloosa, AL.

Chris Youngblood pinned Fidel Sierra with a flying cross body

"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright defeated Frankie Lancaster with a bear hug

REMATCH

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell pinned Jerry Brisco with his feet on the ropes

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell defeated Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo w/Kim Duk when Cooley pinned Pogo after a running bulldog

Grudge Match

Brad Armstrong defeated Angel of Death w/Ron Wright by DQ when Steve Strong hit the ring and attacked Brad until Bob/Scott Armstrong hit the ring to make the save

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Ron Wright defeated The Invaders (#1/#2) when the now infamous "Nightmare #3 came from under the ring while Ron Wright distracted the referee and switched places with Nightmare #2 and rolled up an unsuspecting Invader #1 with a handful of tights and got the pin to retain the titles

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT UNSANCTIONED MATCH

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong w/Scott Armstrong defeated "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer w/Ron Wright with a sleeper hold in a brutal bloody match!

Great to see you back Gene!!!! 

So much good stuff going on as Twin States gets ready for Beach Brawl.

Akbar has arrived and Devastation Inc. is ready to cause some serious trouble! 

LOL, love this feud going on between Dirty Dutch and Brisco. 

Violent Gentlemen live up to their name as they win a wild one over Fuller and Golden. Fireball and all. 

WOW! 8 men handcuffed and somebody still manages to interfere LOL. Steve Strong makes quite the debut.

With 3 Nightmares running around, it's going to be hard taking those straps from them. 

Well Giant Machine didn't last long with Akbar and now Plowboy is going to want some payback.

Bota is enjoying a good title reign courtesy of his voodoo dust. Fun character. 

Like the Cooley/Mantell pairing. 

Steve Strong is heading for an explosive showdown with Brad Armstrong! 

When you see Bullet Bob and Mad Dog Sawyer going at it in a lights out match, you know it's going to get bloody! It does and Bullet gets the big win. 

Twin States Wrestling Episode #5

Saturday August 15, 1985

(Show opens with a montage of classic Southeastern Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the National Wrestling Alliance", we then go to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

HIGHLIGHTS/QUICK RECAP

In the first segment, The Nightmares came out along with Ron Wright and bragged about beating the Invaders recently and declaring themselves the "Greatest Masked Tag Team in the history of wrestling"!

This brought out the Assassins who didn't take kindly to this statement…..after some back and forth the Assassins challenged the Nightmares to a title match tonight…….the Nightmares say they haven't earned one….but they will give them a match tonight….and if the Assassins can beat them, they will get a title shot next week…..but if the Nightmares beat the Assassins they must immediately unmask! The Nightmares then laugh as Nightmare #1 says he can think of THREE reasons….the Assassins don't stand a chance!

------------------------

Match #1-

The Assassins (#1/#2) defeated Ned Navarro/Sammy Hall when Assassin #2 pinned Hall after a powerslam

===============

Brad Armstrong lays down a challenge to 'Sadistic' Steve Strong to take him tonight in a one on one match here in Dothan!

-------------------------

Match #2-

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) w/General Skandor Akbar defeated Ronnie Jenkins/Randy Watson when Dundee pinned Jenkins after a 'Bombs Away' off the top rope

Barnes says that Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden are seeking revenge for them burning Robert Fuller last week….Dundee chimes in "Thanks to Bota the Witch Doctor for teaching us how to throw the fire".  Barnes says if they want revenge so bad….then instead of fighting THEIR kind of match, the Southern Street Fight, this time we want OUR kind of match, an Australian Street Fight!

Ron Fuller and Jimmy Golden storm the set…..Fuller says he doesn't know what the hell an Australian Street Fight is and they don't care….whatever the stipulation….sign the match and they'll kick their butts all the way back DOWN UNDER!

==================

After the commercial break, "Bullet" Bob Armstrong comes out and says at long last he's been medically cleared and that after getting a win over Sawyer last week, Les Thatcher has granted him a Gulf Coast Championship match tonight here in and Dothan and to make sure that Ron Wright's "cronies" don't interfere it's going to be inside of a STEEL CAGE!!  (The studio crowd roars at this announcement)

===================

Match #3:

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell pins Roy Munson after a reverse suplex (gourd buster)

Ronnie Gossett approached Dutch after match and asked him his thoughts on being signed to take on Jerry Brisco tonight in a "Bullwhip on a pole" match.  Mantell responds, "If Brisco is ignorant enough to take on "Dirty" Dutch Mantell in a bullwhip on a pole match then he's dumber than most people give him credit for and that's a helluva statement Ronnie because most folks know that even for an Indian Brisco is a flaming idiot.  I'm gonna whip Brisco til he cries like I threw a dumpster full of trash on the side of the road! He doesn't stand a chance tonight!"

====================

Match #4:

Scott Armstrong pinned Warren DeMontague following a superkick!

Scott Armstrong says that since he and Larry Hamilton can't get anymore shots at the tag team titles even after getting screwed by this third Nightmare, he's getting a shot at the title that many people consider "his title" since he held the majority of last year and that's the US Jr title…..he's coming after Bota the Witch Doctor and he's going to take that title and then his sights are set on the NWA World Junior Heavyweight title.

=====================

Match #5:

MAIN EVENT

"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright defeated Pvt. Terry Daniels by submission with a full nelson

Twin States Wrestling

Dothan, AL.

Saturday August 15, 1985

Bell Time 8pm

Larry Hamilton pinned Fidel Sierra with a backslide

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell defeated Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki when Mantell pinned Pogo with a sunset flip

Scott Armstrong defeated Bota the Witch Doctor w/General Skandor Akbar by DQ when Akbar came in and broke up a pin after Armstrong gave Bota a super kick and looked to have the title won

Bullwhip on a Pole

Jerry Brisco defeated "Dirty" Dutch Mantell by forfeit when Mantell came out with his arm in a sling and took the mic claiming to be injured after "falling in the shower, I know you people in Dothan don't know what a shower is, and I don't have time to explain it to you but trust me, I'm injured and cannot compete in this match tonight which I would have surely one as I'm the master of the bullwhip on a pole match"….as Brisco turned to leave, Dutch pulled a tire iron out of his sling and knocked Brisco out from behind…..Mantell then climbed up and got his bullwhip off the pole and lashed Brisco several times before Larry Hamilton and Scott Armstrong ran down to make the save

Grudge Match

"Sadistic" Steve Strong w/Ron Wright defeated Brad Armstrong when the referee stopped the match due to massive blood loss from Armstrong after Wright hit him with the "chisel" behind the ref's back

If the Assassins win they get a title shot next week/If they lose they must unmask

The Assassins (#1/#2) defeated The Nightmares (#1/#2) w/Ron Wright when a THIRD ASSASSIN ran down and prevented the THIRD NIGHTMARE from interfering allowing Assassin #1 to get the pin on Nightmare #2!!

Special Challenge Match

Plowboy Frazier w/Cousin Junior pinned 'Killer' Tim Brooks w/General Skandor Akbar following a "big splash"

Before the next match, Bill Dundee takes the mic and reveals that the rules of an "Australian Street Fight" dictate that the Australian team gets a 3 on 2 advantage

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Australian Street Fight (Handicap Match)

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes)/"Lumberjack" Joe LeDuc w/Gen. Skandor Akbar defeated Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden when LeDuc pinned Fuller after he was given a spike piledriver by Barnes/Dundee…..after the match, Fuller had to be helped back to the dressing room

MAIN EVENT

NWA Gulf Coast Championship

STEEL CAGE MATCH

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong pinned "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer w/Ron Wright in a brutal, bloody match to win the championship!

Looks like Cooley and Mantell are gelling well as they rise the tag team ranks. 

Ok, I'm pumped up for a Scott Armstrong/Bota feud over the Jr. title.

Man, Dirty Dutch is such a great hand to have. He goes from comic heel to violent heel in a matter of seconds. I'm sure Brisco is going to be coming after him with a vengeance. 

Steve Strong has quickly established himself here. Somebody needs to get that chisel away from Wright. 

Oh man a third Assassin!!! You've got a great story going on here. 

Plowboy overcomes his first obstacle as he seeks revenge on Akbar. 

Violent Gentlemen have an ace up their sleeve in the Australian Rules match. LeDuc is a major factor and puts Fuller down to win the match. 

Awesome main event! Bullet Bob gives the fans a big feel good moment as he beats Sawyer for the Gulf Coast title! What a pay off! 

Props to you Gene for all your hard work in getting caught up. 

Twin States Wrestling Episode #6

Saturday August 22, 1985

HIGHLIGHTS/QUICK RECAP

Charlie Platt announces there will be a 12 team battle royal tonight with the winning team getting an NWA World Tag Team title shot tomorrow in Woodstock, Alabama at Beach Brawl '85.  He also announces that due to Joe LeDuc getting a the pin fall on Twin States Champion Ron Fuller last Saturday night here in Dothan, he will be challenging Ron Fuller for the Twin States Championship tonight and the winner of the match will not only be Twin States Champion but will also get an NWA World Championship against Magnum T.A.

Match #1:

Bota the Witch Doctor w/General Skandor Akbar pinned Shane Douglas after a diving headbutt

Tonight, Bota will defend his U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship in a four corners match against Larry Hamilton, Scott Armstrong, and making his Twin States debut, "Jumping" Joe Savoldi!

===================

Match #2:

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Cooley pinned Jack with a running bulldog

-------------------------------

After the commercial break- Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden come out to the desk, Fuller has the left side of his face bandaged…..Fuller says he's back whether the doctors ok it or not and that he and Jimmy Golden will win that battle royal and get the shot at the NWA World Tag Team titles!  But more importantly, they are going to get their hands on Barnes and Dundee in a tag team stretcher match and send them both to the hospital!

====================

Match #3:

The Assassins (#1/#2) defeated Bobby/Rocky Ewing when Assassin #2 pinned Rocky Ewing after a powerslam

Les Thatcher comes out and announces that not only will the Assassins and the Nightmares compete in the battle royal for the shot at the NWA World Tag Team titles…..but the Assassins will also get a shot at the Nightmares by way of their victory over the Nightmares last week….but Thatcher says let's put everyone's cards on the table…..it will be for the Twin States tag team titles but it will be 3 on 3! All three Assassins against all three Nightmares!

======================

Match #4:

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer/"Sadistic" Steve Strong/Angel of Death w/Ron Wright defeated George South/Hank Moody/Ronnie Jenkins when Sawyer pinned Moody after a splash off the top rope!  These three continue to brutalize their opponents after the match until Bob & Brad Armstrong and Jimmy Valiant hit the ring and cleared house causing Ron Wright and company to take a powder

Bullet Bob comes over to the desk and suggests "Since you boys think you're so tough….how about tonight the three of us….take on the three of you right down there at the Houston County Farm Center!"

=======================

Charlie Platt tells us that we have a very special main event via video featuring the NWA World Champion Magnum T.A. defending against one half of the NWA World Tag Team Champions Larry Zbyzsko w/Roger Kent courtesy of NWA World Championship Wrestling so without further ado let's take you to our broadcast colleague Gordon Solie!

Match #5:

MAIN EVENT

(From the 8/3/85 episode of NWA World Championship Wrestling)

NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH: 

Magnum T.A.(c) vs Larry Zbyszko

Give Zbyszko credit.  This match is nothing like Magnum’s normal matches where he connects with the Belly to Belly in under a minute and walks away with the title.  Larry is too smart for that and seems to be ready for everything T.A. throws at him.  It really got dicey when you through in the fact that Roger Kirby and Harley Race came to the ring with Larry Z. 

At one point, when T.A. was wrestling from the top, it looked like Kirby and Race were making a plan to use their numbers to an advantage but Race seemed to shake Kirby off. Kirby shook his head yes and walked around the ring and jumped up on the apron.  While this did distract the ref, nothing else seemed to happen.  Kirby starts to yell at Race like Harley forgot the plan.  Race points at Kirby as if to warn him not to cross the line again.

WHAM…. Belly to Belly by T.A. on Larry Z.

1….2…3.

As T.A. celebrates, Kirby tries sneaking up on the champ with the knunchuks.

Gordon Solie:  Wait a minute… Katie Bar the Door!  Here comes Wahoo McDaniel and Stan Hansen.  Hansen grabs the knunchuks from behind and starts to twirl them above his head.  Chief and T.A. are now face to face with Kirby who looks like he has seen a ghost.  Harley Race is heading to the locker room.  A big right but Wahoo and Kirby is down.  Kirby rolls under the bottom rope and he and Zbyszko head for the hills.  Sorry folks.  We are out of time.

Twin States Wrestling

Dothan, AL.

Saturday August 22, 1985

Bell Time 8pm

Frankie Lancaster pinned "Cool" Carl Fergie with a sunset flip off the top rope

"Killer" Tim Brooks w/Skandor Akbar defeated Pvt. Terry Daniels with a brainbuster

Tag Team Battle Royal-Winners get a shot

At the NWA World Tag Team Championships

1. The Invaders
  2. The Alaskan Hunters
  3. Wendell Cooley/Johnny Mantell
  4. The Batten Twins
  5. Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo
  6. Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden
  7. Plowboy Frazier/Cousin Junior
  8. Chris/Mark Youngblood
  9. Bobby Duncum/Dirty Rhodes
  10. The Violent Gentlemen
  11. The Nightmares
  12. The Assassins

**WINNERS**

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell last eliminating The Violent Gentlemen after Fuller/Golden who had already been eliminated came back out and distracted them causing them to get eliminated! Cooley/Mantell will challenge Race/Zbyszko tomorrow at Beach Brawl '85!

NWA U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship

Four Corners Match

Bota the Witch Doctor w/Skandor Akbar

Vs.

Scott Armstrong

Vs.

Larry Hamilton

Vs.

"Jumping" Joe Savoldi

Savoldi eliminated Hamilton by pinfall after a dropkick off the top rope

Bota eliminated Savoldi after a diving headbutt off the 2nd rope

Armstrong defeated Bota by DQ after a blatant low blow…..Bota retains the title

Submission Match

Jerry Brisco defeated "Dirty" Dutch Mantell by submission with the figure four leglock

Tag Team Stretcher Match

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) w/Akbar defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden when a HUGE man came out of the crowd and attacked Golden while Dundee/Barnes double teamed Fuller…causing both Fuller/Golden to be stretchered out

BigBubba.jpg

Six Man Tag Team Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong/Brad Armstrong/Jimmy Valiant defeated Buzz Sawyer/Steve Strong/Angel of Death w/Ron Wright when Brad pinned Angel of Death after a 'Russian Leg Sweep'----- Sawyer promised to once again injure Armstrong in their dog collar match

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

(3 on 3)

The Nightmares (#1/#2/#3) w/Ron Wright defeated The Assassins (#1/#2/#3) when Nightmare #3 pinned Assassin #3 after headbutting him with a loaded mask

MAIN EVENT

(Winner will challenge for the NWA World Title at Beach Brawl '85)

"Lumberjack" Joe LeDuc w/General Skandor Akbar defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller with the over the shoulder backbreaker to win the NWA Twin States Championship 

Twin States Wrestling

Presents

Beach Brawl '85

Holiday Beach
Woodstock, AL.

Sunday August 23, 1985

Bell Time: 4pm

"Jumping" Joe Savoldi pinned Fidel Sierra following a dropkick off the 2nd rope

The Invaders (#1/#2) defeated Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo when Invader #2 pinned Pogo with a flying crossbody off the top rope

Jerry Brisco defeated "Killer" Tim Brooks by submission with the figure four leglock

Bota the Witch Doctor w/General Skandor Akbar pinned Larry Hamilton after a diving headbutt off the 2nd rope…..After the match Scott Armstrong came out and challenged Bota to a 'No DQ' match for the title in Dothan next week! Bota tried to go after Armstrong, but Akbar held him back

"Dirty" Dutch Mantell pinned "Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant with a roll up and handful of tights! After the match, Mantell took the mic and said, "Jerry Brisco got lucky last night in Dothan and stole a victory over me but I want ONE MORE match with you Brisco….next week in Dothan!

Special Challenge Match

Plowboy Frazier/Cousin Junior defeated The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes) w/General Skandor Akbar when Frazier pinned Barnes after Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden came to ringside and attacked Akbar which distracted Barnes allowing Plowboy to crush him in the corner with an avalanche and get the pin

3 on 3- Loser of the fall gets unmasked

The Assassins (#1/#2/#3) defeated The Nightmares (#1/#2/#3) w/Ron Wright when Assassin #1 pinned Nightmare #2 following a powerslam, Nightmare #2 was forced to unmask to reveal….Ken Wayne, As Nightmare #3 took off from ringside back up the aisle, All three Assassins rushed Nightmare #1 and unmasked him as well to reveal Danny Davis!  Assassin #2 took the mic and said…..tonight we took your masks….next time we take your belts!

Non-Title DOG COLLAR MATCH

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer defeated "Bullet" Bob Armstrong in another brutal, bloody match earning a rematch for the Gulf Coast championship next week

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA World Tag Team Championship

Harley Race/Larry Zbyszko w/Roger Kirby defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/"Cowboy" Johnny Mantell when Race pinned Mantell with a cradle suplex……in a match that saw Cooley/Mantell give the champions all they could handle and it looked like a couple of times the Cowboys might take the titles but the champions experience proved to be too much for the challengers

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Magnum T.A. pinned "Lumberjack" Joe LeDuc w/General Skandor Akbar when it looked like LeDuc was about to win the championship with the over the shoulder backbreaker, T.A. managed to wiggle free and slide down LeDuc's back, when the big lumberjack turned around Magnum managed to hook him in a belly to belly suplex and get the quick pin fall to retain the title

The build to Beach Brawl was a wild one. 

That tag team battle royal shows how stack your tag division is. Cool seeing the Cowboys get the big win. 

Wow! LeDuc beats Fuller for the Twin States title and earns himself a NWA title shot! 

Beach Brawl opens with some good prelim bouts as Savoldi, Invaders and Brisco get the fans going. 

Bota has a firm grip on the Jr. Title. He might have the advantage over Armstrong in their upcoming NO DQ match. 

Dirty Dutch beats Valiant but can he do the same to Brisco next week? 

Plowboy continues to take Akbar's crew down piece by piece. It helps having allies like Fuller and Golden. 

The Assassins unmask the Nightmares! Could taking their titles be next??? 

It's going to be hard beating Sawyer in a dog collar match. Bullet Bob found this out. 

Even though the Cowboys came up short, I'm sure they earned the fans respect after that solid showing against the NWA tag champs. I bet they earned Harley's respect as well. 

Big time main event to close the show! Magnum does it again with the belly to belly! 

Twin States has some serious momentum going. 

Gene is back and hits the ground running with several outstanding shows. I've really enjoyed the Jerry Brisco vs Dutch Mantell feud. 

LeDuc winning the belt was a surprise but better to feed him to the world champ than one of your top guys, and it gives the TN Stud a nemesis going forward

Two enthusiastic thumbs up

WOW.... Twin States came back hotter then before.  Sorry, I got a little behind.

Really enjoying the Mantell/Brisco feud.  Thought Brisco pinning Dutch 3x in one night before getting bullwhipped was a great start to the chaos.  Enjoyed the bullwhip on a pole match as it turned into a tire iron in the sling match... so creative.

Plowboy as the Giant Machine was a surprise and I am enjoying his feud Akbar.  

Speaking if Akbar... he came in like a house a fire... literally.  

Was wondering what the rules of the Australian Street Fight were and then was shocked at how easily they tricked Fuller and Golden.  Leduc seems to be in the mix of everything here in Twin States as he almost won the title from T.A.

Sadistic Steve Strong is also causing a stir here.  From his entrance when we had 8 men handcuffed to his victory over Armstrong, he is the new wild card in TWIN STATES.

Okay... I need to know... who is NIghtmare #3?

Buzz/Bullet could be the new feud of the decade in Twin States as it could go on and on like Sawyer and Wildfire did in Georgia and it could sell tickets EVERY TIME!

Great job with Beach Brawl.

I need some of your inspiration to get myself caught up.

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to Continental Championship Wrestling