Airing on: Saturday December 5, 1985

Taped on: Wednesday December 2, 1985

at Ms. Fairgrounds Coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi

airing on stations throughout Alabama and Mississippi

Host/Play by Play: Charlie Platt

Co-Host/Color Commentator: Ronnie P. Gossett

Interviewer: Joe Pedicino

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

(Show opens with a montage of Twin States Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the USWA", we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

plattstand.jpg

Platt: "Welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling as we come to you from the Mississippi Fairgrounds Coliseum here in Jackson, Mississippi and what a show we have in store for you as the USWA World Heavyweight Champion Jerry 'the King' Lawler will be defending that prestigious championship right here on television against 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel."

Ronnie_Gossett.jpg

RPG: "You might as well say that Jerry Lawler is going to LOSE that championship here today to the greatest wrestler of this or any other generation, 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel!"

Platt: "How deep are you in his pockets to suck up to him the way you do?"

RPG: "It's not sucking up Charlie Platt, it's giving the man his due….unlike you who refuses to acknowledge his greatness……are you going to deny that he beat the great Jerry Brisco right here on this very television show last week??"

Platt: "No, I'm not….but I'm sure you're going to deny that he only won the match because Eric Embry distracted the referee allowing Johnny V to throw powder into the eyes of Brisco."

RPG: "Are you seriously going to make that ridiculous claim?? That's not what happened. What happened was Eric Embry got a little over zealous, as he's prone to do from time to time and he ran down too soon to celebrate because he knew his good friend Buddy Landel would beat that old fossil Jerry Brisco so Johnny Valiant being the good citizen that he is tried to run down and remind old man Brisco that the match was still going on seeing as how his mind isn't so sharp these days but when he did, a cloud of dandruff flew outta Brisco's hair and nearly blinded both of them….hand to God, that's what happened."

Platt: "Do you know how ridiculous you sound?  What is wrong with you?"

(Before Gossett can respond, "We're are the Champions" by Queen plays as the entire Platinum Club of Buddy Landel, Johnny V, Eric Embry, Chick Donovan, and Steve Regal make their way out to the desk, Steve Regal is wearing a t-shirt that reads, 'There's no VICTORY without JACK', while Donovan has on a t-shirt that reads 'GD3 4Ever')

Platt: "WE are the Champions? Does Queen not have a song called HE is the champion." (pointing at Embry)

Landel: "First of all, I'm sure Eric appreciates the acknowledgement…..but as the commercial says 'Sorry Charlie' because when this show ends tonight I'll be the USWA World Heavyweight Champion and as soon as there's a tag team with the guts to put their titles on the line against the Blondes they will be champions too…..as they should be."

Platt: "Mr. Landel, are you honestly going to come out here and act like what Gossett just said about last week is true?"

Landel: "Of course I am because it is true, this man speaks the gospel, if Ronnie P. Gossett tells you something you can know it's the God's honest truth.  Platt, I finally found out what your problem is this week…..a good friend of mine gave me the inside scoop on you and why you make all these bad calls and try to besmirch the good name of my great friend Ronald P. Gossett."

Platt: (rolls his eyes) "Well, let's hear it…what's the scoop?"

Landel: "That you're an alcoholic and that you're drunk through 95% of these shows you call."

Platt: "WHAT?!? An Alcoholic? I don't even drink!"

Landel: "I was told you are such an alcoholic, that when alcohol does it's taxes it claims you as a dependent." (Gossett is hunched over laughing as is Johnny V)

Platt: "They must have me confused with someone else."

RPG: "How dare you take a shot at Gordon Solie like that??"

Platt: "Gordon Solie? Who said anything about Gordon Solie? where did you get that from?"

Landel: "Real classy, Platt…..everyone knew what you meant by that. That was very low brow of you…what are you Lance Russell all of a sudden?"

Platt: "Is there a point to you all being out here besides you doing your weekly stand up routine?"

Valiant: "He's the point, you lush!  When this show goes off the air tonight, Buddy Landel will be the USWA World Champion, and next week you better show him more respect than you have tonight!"

Landel: "Seriously Platt, I say this not as just some wrestler….and certainly not as your friend because I'm not…..but I say this as the soon to be USWA World Champion…get some help, clean up your act because your drunken unprofessional behavior is not becoming of a show featuring the World champion. Good day, sir!"

Platt: "I am not a …." (Before he can finish)

Embry: "Sleep it off, Otis…..the champ said, good day!"

RPG: "Isn't the Platinum Club the best…..(laughing) Embry, called you Otis like the drunk on Andy Griffith, this is the best show ever!"

Platt: (disgusted) "Let's go to Joe Pedicino with an announcement about our huge upcoming Christmas event."

=======================

(VTR- Joe Pedicino is sitting at a desk that says "event center" on the front)

JoeDesk.jpg

Pedicino: "Welcome to the brand new Twin States event center, I'm Joe Pedicino and I'm excited to tell you that we're going to have a huge event coming up on December 26th called 'Santa Slam' that's right, once Santa Claus gets done delievering Christmas presents all over the world, he's headed to Huntsville, Alabama to the Von Braun Civic Center for a huge night of Twin States Wrestling action! We'll have more news about the matches for this big event on next week's show, but the tickets will go on sale this Monday morning and will make a great stocking stuffer for the wrestling fan in your family!"

=======================

MATCH #1:

The Dynamite Duo (Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin) defeated Bubba Monroe/Roy Munson when Austin pinned Munson with a sunset flip from the 2nd rope

Post match:

Larry Hamilton tells Joe Pedicino that it feels real good knowing they ran "those no good Sawyers" out of Twin States Wrestling and that beating them not once but twice should earn them a shot at the winners of the Twin States tag team title match at Wrestlestorm.  Before Norvell can chime in, Johnny V and the Fabulous Blondes come out and Johnny V says that THEY should get the next title shot…Norvell asks "Who have yall beat?" Steve Regal replies, "You if we get the chance!"  Norvell says, "Anytime you wanna a piece of the Dynamite Duo, step right up and get you some!"  Joe Pedicino interjects that now is not the time but he can certainly talk to Les Thatcher and make it happen soon!

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

Jonathan_Boyd.jpg

MATCH #2:

"Lord" Jonathan Boyd pinned Leonard Washington following a neckbreaker

JonathanBoyd2.jpg

After the match, Joe Pedicino approached Boyd and asked what brings him to Twin States? Boyd glares at him for a moment…and says, "None of your business you fat Yank, I'll tell you when I'm good and bloody ready!" and storms away!

=========================

BulletBobBlue.jpg

MATCH #3:

If Armstrong wins, he gets a shot at the Gulf Coast Championship at 'Santa Slam' on 12/26, if Mr. Moffat wins, Armstrong doesn't get a shot at the title for the next 90 days

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated Mr. Karl Moffat w/"Mr. Money" Carl Fergie & Frank Morrell with a sleeperhold! Afterwards Armstrong takes the mic and tells Fergie, "You're the next one to go 'night night' and at Santa Slam that belt comes back home with me….so keep shining it up Uncle Fester!" With that Armstrong strolls back down the aisle to the tune of 'Bad to the Bone'……Fergie is LIVID, he berates Morrell who just hangs his head, he then looks at Moffat who is still out from the sleeper and says, "Some bodyguard you are! Moffat, you are FIRED! F--I--R--E--D! FIRED!!  'Mr. Money doesn't deal with LOSERS!"

ButchKarlMoffatt.jpg

==========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As Sir Oliver Humperdink stops by the desk as he leads Killer Khan to the ring, "Another week and I still don't see Blackjack Mulligan anywhere to be found…where's our money, Charlie Platt?"  Platt responds, "Why are you asking me? I didn't put the bounty on Blackjack Mulligan." Humperdink says, "Well whoever did, needs to get us our money…soon!"

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYmNkbjEucG9kYmVhbi5jb20vaW1n

-----------------------------------------

MATCH #4:

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Frankie Lancaster after a knee drop from the top rope, after the match Khan went up and gave him a 2nd knee drop off the top rope which lead to Lancaster spitting up blood and having to be carried out on a stretcher

Khan3.jpg?fit=513,387

(We cut suddenly to a private dressing room where "Mr. Money" Carl Fergie is berating Frank Morrell)

CarlFergieMrMoney.jpg

Fergie: "Where did you find that idiot? You promised me he would beat Armstrong…you promised!"

(Morrell is looking at the floor, suddenly an African American man in a suit and hat walks in)

Fergie: "Hey fella, did you not see the sign on the door that said PRIVATE! What are you doing in here?"

Slickster.jpg

Unknown Man: "Oh my apologies Mr. Fergie, I didn't mean to interupt your hollerin'….but I just thought I might be of some service to you."

Fergie: "Oh I'm not firing Frank…..not YET at least…so I don't need another driver."

Unknown Man: "Naw Cuz, you got me all wrong…..see my name is Kenny Johnson….but tha people who know, call me Slick."

Fergie: "Listen man, I don't have a need to hire a pimp…so if you'll excuse yourself…"

Slick: "Just hold on for a minute and listen to what I have to say…..I see you need a bodyguard….and I know just the guy…..trust me, this guy I'm talkin' about is bad news…..and ain't nobody gonna mess with him….and if he's with you…that means ain't nobody gonna mess with you….ya dig?"

Fergie: "Sure Mr. Slick, I do in fact believe I dig." (Slick makes an uncomfortable face)

Slick: "Um…ok good, that's good.  So listen, I know all about this wrestling game….with your money, my smarts, and my man's brawn…..couldn't nobody stop us….and I promise nobody could take that Gulf Coast title from you. You down with that?"

Fergie: (thinks for a moment) "You know what Mr. Slick, I do believe I am down with that. (Raises his fist) Let's fight the power, my man!"

Slick: (smiles) "With your money….we can do more than fight the power….we might start a whole new Movement."

Fergie: "Right on" (slaps Slick five)

Slick: (looking confused) "Yeah….yeah, right on Mr. Money right on. Let's do this!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #5:

"Hands of Stone" Ronnie Garvin pinned Randy Watson after a 'knockout' punch

RonnieGarvin2.jpg

COMMERCIAL for USWA Wrestlestorm 2 available tonight on Closed Circuit Television

lawlerawa.jpg

MATCH #6

MAIN EVENT

USWA World Heavyweight Championship

Jerry 'the King' Lawler

vs.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/"Luscious" Johnny V.

Platt and Gossett do a good job of building up what a big deal it is for the World title to be defended here on television on commentary.  Landel does the 'Nature Boy Strut' across the ring as the bell rings and gets in Lawler's face who answers with a big right hand to the face knocking Landel right on his ass….this seems to change Landel's entire demeaner right off the bat and the match takes on a much more serious instense tone from that point on. A very solid main event from these two as they've met many times before but at one point it looks like Lawler is about to put Landel away as he gets on the 2nd rope and prepares for the patented "fist drop" but Johnny V jumps up on the apron which causes Lawler to get down off the ropes and head over to him along with the referee…..while this is happening, Landel reaches into his boot and pulls out a pair of knucks and slips them on his hand as Lawler knocks Valiant right off the apron…..Lawler then turns around into a big right hand from Landel with the knucks that lays him out…..Landel covers for the 1---2---3!! 

landelnwa.jpg

RPG: "I told you Charlie Platt!! We have a new USWA World Heavyweight Champion!!"

Platt: "I can't believe he's going to get away with this!"

The referee hands the title over to Landel and raises his hand!

Suddenly, Mr. Olympia runs down to ringside and yells at the referee to look at the front of Landel's trunks…..the referee looks down and sees the knucks sticking out of the top of Landel's trunks….he points to the knucks, which Landel quickly grabs and tosses over his shoulder….which land directly on Lawler……the referee turns to the timekeeper and tells him to ring the bell, the match has been restarted!! Landel is throwing a fit arguing with the referee…..meanwhile, Lawler has slipped the knucks on his hand now……Landel finally accepts the match has been restarted and turns around to pick Lawler up off the mat and as he does, Lawler blasts him in the head and rolls him up with an inside cradle..the ref drops down and counts 1-2-3!!  As Lawler gets up he slips the knucks back into Landel's trunks.  The ref declares 'the King' still the USWA World Champion!

LawlerChampion.jpg

Landel pulls the knucks out of his tights and shows the referee who shrugs and says, "those are your's, they were in your tights…..twice!"  Landel throws a tantrum as the show goes off the air.

RPG: "This is a travesty! Somebody get Jerry Jarrett on the phone right now….this will not stand!"

Platt: "Fans, this has truly been the greatest episode of Twin States Wrestling ever! Join us again next week for more announcements concerning 'Santa Slam' on December 26th in Huntsville and I've just been told in my headset that Joe Pedicino will be speaking to Blackjack Mulligan who will finally give us an update on his health after that heinous Thanksgiving attack by Killer Khan!"

© 1985 Twin States Wrestling/Jarrett Promotions

You Sir, are the king of the opening segment. From the dandruff explanation, to the t-shirts on the Fabulous Blondes, to the shots at Solie and Lance Russell, to RPG explaining the Otis reference, I was loving it from top to bottom. Fantastic shit.

Dynamite Duo/Fabulous Blondes is a feud I can get behind for sure! Two of my favorite teams in the game.

Lord Boyd with a nice win and an interview that will certainly endear him to the Twin States fans!

Man, Bob Armstrong is on a roll! He is dispatching everyone en route to taking his shot at Mr. Money. Be very interested to see what, or who Fergie throws at him between now and Santa Slam!

Yeesh. Whoever put the bounty of Mulligan had better pay Humperdink. Not sure I'd want Khan pointed in my direction!

Slick and Fergie! Love It! Also thoroughly enjoyed that terribly uncomfortable interview! Looking forward to who Slick has in mind to be a bodyguard for Fergie. Also looking forward to seeing if Slick and the bodyguard might just be conning Fergie out of his dough!

As I said after the house show, Ronnie Garvin is a great fit here. Excited to see him get more involved.

Great main event! Love the tease of Buddy winning the big one, only for Olympia to cost him. Then to have Lawler get Buddy the same way, great call! This should set the Landel/Olympia war right back into high gear, and that is always good stuff!

Great Show Dude! Twin States is rolling for sure!!

"There's no VICTORY without JACK" HAHAHAHAHA it's great that we're seeing these T-Shirts pop up in Twin States and Texas. 

The opening segment was hilarious. Poor Otis oh I mean Platt didn't have a chance LOL. 

I like the new event center. With everything happening in the USWA world, we need something like this. 

I'm all for a Dynamite Duo/Blondes contenders feud. It will be cool seeing 2 very charismatic teams going at it in the ring and we're going to get some fantastic  promos. 

Boyd has arrived and will tell people his intentions when he's good and ready! 

Bullet Bob gets a fired up win and Moffat gets fired. 

I'm liking the bounty story and cant wait to find out who is behind all this. Humperdink sure wants his money but I don't think they finished the job on Mulligan just yet. 

Khan is looking like a monster as he sends poor Lancaster out on the stretcher. Can't wait for the inevitable Khan/Mulligan match. 

OH WOW! Fergie and Slick together! Only in our world LOL. What a conversation. Another Movement?!?!? Things just got real. 

I'm interested in seeing what Ron Garvin does here. Twin States seems like the ideal place for a tough as nails guy like Garvin. 

Appreciate the WrestleStorm commercial. 

And speaking of WrestleStorm, Landel almost changed the entire landscape! That was a close one LOL. I can't wait to hear RPG's explanation on this next week. Looking forward to the USWA champ making another trip to Twin States. 

Such a fun read every week! 

That opening might have been your best yet!  Sleep it off Otis!  

It seems like Fergie better hire better help with all of his money.  Way to hype up the next big show.  USWA as a whole is firing on all cylinders.

You are slowly killing me with suspense.  What is going on with the bounty?  Who is Slick's big bodyguard?  Twin States needs to be like a book where I can just get to the next chapter instead of having to wait another week.  Great job.  I'm hooked.

Awesome main event.  I'm so glad I started this Landel/Olympia feud and then sent them both home for you to finish it.  You do such a better job of it.  AWESOME SHOW

I've got a super busy weekend, so I'm going to go ahead and post this now, then I'll jump back on Sunday night or Monday read shows and leave feedback. Thanks!

TwinStatesColorLogo.jpg

Twin States Wrestling Episode #22

Airing on: Saturday December 12, 1985

Taped on: Wednesday December 9, 1985

at the Civic Center in Montgomery, Alabama

(Show opens with a montage of Twin States Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the USWA", We then go to highlights of Brad Armstrong/Wendell Cooley defeating the Violent Gentlemen for the Twin States tag team titles at USWA Wrestlestorm 2 in Memphis,  we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

plattclose.jpg

Platt: "Welcome once again to Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and I'm joined as always by a man who doesn't look happy to be here, Ronnie P. Gossett."

Ronnie_Gossett.jpg

RPG: "After that travesty that took place last week, must you even ask why I'm not happy?"

Platt: "You mean the travesty that nearly took place when Buddy Landel nearly stole the USWA World title?"

RPG: "No, Buddy didn't nearly steal anything….he pinned that coward Jerry Lawler and won the World Championship and then that no good Mr. Olympia came out and stuck his nose where it didn't belong and cost Buddy Landel the championship he has sought after his entire career.  Olympia has been a thorn in his side forever but this time he's gone too far.  Buddy is so distraught he's refused to be here on television this week."

Platt: "Well, that's a shame."

RPG: "Well, being the kind of guy he is….he didn't want people to all shut off their television since he's not here, so he sent in this tape to be shown in his absence."

(VTR- Buddy Landel sits stone faced staring into the camera….a far cry from the normal 'Nature Boy' we're used to seeing each week)

BuddyLandel.jpg

Landel: (in a low somber tone) "Jerry Stubbs, I've been dealing with you for what seems like forever, last year we fought over the Continental title, earlier this year we battled in the NWA for that tyrant Bill Watts, you even caused me to have my beatiful hair shaved from my head that's just now getting back to normal……but last week when you stuck your nose in my business and cost me the USWA World Championship…you've gone too far!  Charlie Platt, consider yourself lucky I chose not to come to Montgomery this week or else I probably would have slapped that stupid mustache off your face.  I'm in no mood for your snide comments, I'm in no mood to make fun of those pathetic mouth breathers in Alabama, I'm not even in the mood to call Jerry Stubbs, Special Olympia!  I'm out for revenge Jerry Stubbs…..you are going to pay for costing me that championship…..not to mention…now if I want the championship, which I still do…..I'm going to have to beat my good friend Terry Funk to do so.  So, get ready Stubbs, I took this week off to collect myself but I promise you the next time you see me, it will be no laughing matter!"

(END VTR)

RPG: "I hope you see just how serious this situation is, but more importantly I hope that Mr. Olympia sees what a mistake he has made costing Buddy Landel the World Heavyweight Championship."

Platt: "Well, maybe we'll get to ask him about it as the Twin States Champion, Mr. Olympia will be in action later on in this program taking on "Cowboy" Don Bass.  Also, Ronnie….we saw at the top of the program that we have new Twin States Tag Team Champions as Brad Armstrong and Wendell Cooley defeated the Violent Gentlement at Wrestlestorm 2, and we also saw some problems between Bill Dundee and George Barnes as Barnes accidently hit Dundee costing them the match."

(Armstrong and Cooley come out with the tag titles and both with bandages on their heads)

Cooley+%25281%2529.jpg

Cooley: "Hello Charlie, we don't mean to interupt but what you didn't see in that footage that was shown is that we were attacked after the match by Johnny and Tommy Rich…..I don't know what the hell their beef with us could possibly be…..but Mr. Jarrett when you see this, we just want to let it be known that we want to come back to Memphis and get a piece of the Richs."

Brad324.jpg

Armstrong: "That's right! If they think we're going to take this lying down they are crazy. However, before we can worry about traveling back to the USWA to get our hands on Johnny and Tommy Rich…we have a rematch for the titles tonight against Dundee and Barnes."

RPG: "Look, I may not be you guy's biggest fan….but from what I hear Dundee and Barnes haven't spoken since the match in Memphis and that Barnes showed up today insisting on the rematch happening tonight and he told me that everything with Dundee has been handled but I find that hard to believe."

Cooley: "Friends or not, we beat them before and we'll darn sure do it again!"

Platt: "Good luck tonight guys, but right now let's go to the ring and see the debut of the "Iceman" King Parsons."

===================

MATCH #1:

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned Randy Watson following the "Butt Butt"

IcemanParsons.jpg

Post match: "Iceman" tells Joe Pedicino that he's excited to be here in Twin States and that he's looking for gold and might just be in the market for a tag team partner.

====================

(We got to the 'Event Center' with Joe Pedicino)

JoeDesk.jpg

Pedicino: "Welcome back to the event center, last week we found out that Twin States Wrestling will be celebrating Christmas in Huntsville on Saturday December 26th with 'Santa Slam'! So far the only two matches announced have been a tag team challenge match with the Dynamite Duo of Larry Hamilton and Norvell Austin taking on Johnny V's Fabulous Blondes, 'Golden Boy' Chic Donovan and 'Mr. Electricity' Steve Regal.  Tonight we'll see a 'Captain's Match' as Regal will take on Austin in a one on one match.  After defeating Butch Moffat last week, 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong will get his rematch for the Gulf Coast Championship against 'Mr. Money' Carl Fergie.  Now, let's hear from the man with a bounty on his head, who has been out of action since Thanksgiving, Blackjack Mulligan."

(VTR- Blackjack Mulligan is at home in a recliner with a neckbrace on sunglasses on)

BJM: "Howdy folks…..while I know for the past couple of weeks that fat troll Oliver Humperdink has been trying to collect that bounty saying he's put me out of wrestling…..now granted Killer Khan did a number on me, and my neck and throat are hurt and whatever that green crap is he spit in my eyes has made it hard to see and I can't stand bright light but the doctor says it's only temporary.  Believe me Killer Khan, when I get back…I plan on spitting some Red Man in your eyes to even the score….but I've still got a few hard weeks ahead of me before that can happen…..but I had a friend stop by today who says he wants a piece of Killer Khan at that Santa Slam y'all got coming up."

(the camera pans back to show Jerry Brisco sitting across from Mulligan)

Brisco: "Humperdink, you've always been a cancer on the wrestling business and a leech as well so you think you're going to get some easy money trying to take out my buddy Blackjack Mulligan….well you're going to find out there's a lot easier ways to make money than jumping on this man….and in Huntsville on December 26th, I plan on getting some revenge for Mulligan by locking one or both of you in that figure four leglock……and if there's anything left when I get done with you two…..ol'Blackjack going to finish you off when he comes back in '86!"

BJM: "This ain't over by a longshot Humperdink…..but keep askin' who put that bounty on me so I'll know whose butt to kick once I'm done with yours."

(END VTR)

Pedicino: "So, there you have another match has now been signed for 'Santa Slam', Jerry Brisco will take on Killer Khan with Sir Oliver Humperdink.  Tune in next week for more match announcements for the big event in Huntsville on December 26th!"

====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

====================

MATCH #2:

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Eddie Wilson/Frank Reynolds after a brutal beatdown that nearly saw them disqualified a couple of different times before Rex finally pinned Wilson after a powerslam

b509b9c297fea920fbcb56d106324b50.jpg

Post match promo: Humperdink says that if Mulligan is smart he won't come back to the ring or he'll get it worse than he got at Thanksgiving Thunder…..he also adds that if Jerry Brisco steps in the ring with Killer Khan at Santa Slam, Khan will end Brisco's career! He then goes on to say that the Moondogs are the most dangerous team in professional wrestling and they will prove to anyone that doubts them!

========================

We cut to the dressing room where Joe Pedicino asks Scott Armstrong about his return match for the USWA Southern Jr. Heavyweight title on television here next week.  Armstrong says he wasn't prepared for Embry the first time around and Embry used that to his advantage, but Scott says this time he knows what he's up against he's going to bring the gold back home to the Armstrong house for Christmas!

========================

MATCH #3

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny V & Chic Donovan pinned Norvell Austin w/Larry Hamilton with a school boy roll up and handful of tights

unnamed.jpg

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

(Joe Pedicino stops Mr. Olympia on his way to the ring and asks him about the promo from Buddy Landel earlier in the show)

MrOlympia3.jpg

Olympia: "Oh, poor Buddy….he's so upset he wasn't able to cheat his way to the World title that he had to stay home and pout about….typical Buddy Landel….well Landel, once you get done crying about it….you come step in the ring with Mr. Olympia, I've already shaved your head a few months ago in the NWA and all that's left for me to do is run completely out of the USWA once and for all!"

---------------------------------------

MATCH #4

Twin States Champion Mr. Olympia pinned "Cowboy" Don Bass with a backslide

As the referee was raising Olympia's hand, Buddy Landel hit the ring from outta nowhere and blindsided Olympia with the Twin States title belt, Olympia was down and Landel mounted him and just started raining down punches on him until you could see blood start to seep through the white mask he had on this week, Landel rolled out of the ring and grabbed the mic from ring announcer Rick Stewart.  "You think this is all fun and games, boy? That World title means EVERYTHING to me and you cost me that title! You took that from me…and now I'm going to take something from you! I'm taking that Twin States championship from you, Jerry Stubbs!  I'm challenging you right now for that show on December 26th….you and me for that title!"

Platt: "So this is what your doing now, lying for people so they can jump somebody when they least expect it?"

RPG: "Platt, I swear I honestly didn't know Buddy was here this week!"

Platt: "Sure…..I'm sure you're just as shocked as we all are."

========================

(Joe Pedicino shows us highlights of Terry Funk winning the USWA World Heavyweight Championship from Jerry 'the King' Lawler at Wrestlestorm 2 in Memphis.  Pedicino announces that there will be a tournament here on Twin States television starting on January 2nd to determine who will get a shot at Funk when he travels to Twin States to defend the championship)

========================

(Camera cuts to the dressing room of "Mr. Money" Carl Fergie where Frank Morrell is once again shining the Gulf Coast Championship belt)

Fergie: "Keep working on it Frank, if you can't get it looking any better I'm going to have to insist that Thatcher get a new championship belt worthy of my status."

(there's a knock at the door, Morrell walks over and answers it….in walks the Slickster)

slick.jpg

Slick: "My main man Carl Fergie, what it is, Cuz?"

Fergie: "Oh you know…..it is what it is….cousin." (Slick makes a face)

Slick: "Um, yeah sure…of course I do.  Anyway, I've arranged for my man to have a match here next…so I want you to come to ringside and check him out…..and then if you want him to work for you watching your back….the upfront cost is will be $50,000 cash for him….and another 50K for me as well."

Morrell: "Geez, that's a little steep."

Slick: "Ain't nobody talkin' to you Uncle Fester, mind your business."

Fergie: "Frank, butt out. That's chump change to me, Slick.  If this guy is half as bad as you say he is….that will be a bargain."

Slick: (rubs his chin) "Hmm, you may be right about that….but we can discuss that later.  Let's head down to the ring and you can see what the fuss is about."

=====================

MATCH #5:

Bad News Allen w/Slick pinned Frankie Lancaster after a double enziguri which Gossett lets us know on commentary that Slick has named the 'Ghetto Blaster'.  

BadNews.jpg

After the match, Fergie grabs a mic and comes into the ring, "That last guy was a joke, Frank! This is the guy I need watching by back."  He sticks out his hand for a handshake. Bad News grabs his hand and tells him "All I need is 100K to get started."  Fergie says, "Slick said it was 50K."  Bad News visibly squeezes his hand harder, "Slick was mistaken." Fergie responds, "100K is no problem, I'll have it for you next week."

========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

========================

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

Twin States Tag Team Championship - Return Match

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

The Violent Gentlemen (Bill Dundee/George Barnes)

GeorgeBarnes.jpg

Before the match, George Barnes comes out to the ring with Lord Jonathan Boyd and demands that Les Thatcher come down to ringside. Barnes tells Thatcher that like a true coward Bill Dundee has no showed and he wants Jonathan Boyd to take his place in this title match…..Thatcher says that Dundee didn't 'no show' because he spoke with him earlier in the day, Boyd chimes, '"He meant to say he left…not no showed, he left because he's a coward and an embarrassment to his country."  Thatcher kinda shrugs it off and asks Armstrong and Cooley if they are willing to defend against these two.  Armstrong and Cooley say, "Let's do it!"

MAIN EVENT

Twin States Tag Team Championship

vs.

George Barnes/Lord Jonathan Boyd

A fast paced match that is back and forth with neither team keeping an advantage until Boyd pulls down the top rope when Cooley went to hit the ropes causing him to go over the top rope and crash out to the floor……after which Barnes and Boyd maintain control of the match for several minutes….suddenly Platt asks Gossett "who is that coming down the aisle" The camera focuses on the aisle where it appears Bill Dundee is crawling his way towards the ring, he's shirt is all ripped up, his face is bleeding and he has a rope hanging from his wrist.

Platt: "Look at that Gossett, Dundee didn't leave the arena….it appears he was attacked and tied up by George Barnes and Jonathan Boyd."

RPG: "You're just jumping to conclusions now, Platt…..there's no evidence to support what you just said."

Platt: "Look at him, he's bloodied, he's obviously been beaten, and you can see from that rope tied to his arm he was tied up back there somewhere!"

RPG: "Sure, that all appears to be true…..but there's no reason to assume it was Barnes and Boyd who did that….it could have been anybody…..NOBODY likes Bill Dundee."

Barnes sees Dundee in the aisle and jumps off the ring apron to go attack him…..Boyd gets distracted for moment by this which allows Cooley to dive across the ring and make the tag to Armstrong who comes in "like a house of fire"…..Armstrong nails Boyd with a couple of dropkicks when all of sudden two guys run in from out of the crowd and attack Armstrong and Cooley!

RPG: "These fans hate Armstrong and Cooley so much that they're attacking them!"

Platt: "Those aren't fans! That's Johnny and Tommy Rich!! What are they doing here?? They don't even wrestle for Twin States!!"

JohnnyTommyRich.jpg

RPG: "Well, they stood out here earlier and said they wanted to go back to the USWA looking for the Richs but it looks like the Richs came looking for them!"

The referee calls for the bell…..Barnes and Boyd have been disqualified but they are focusing on beating on Dundee down on the floor, meanwhile Johnny and Tommy Rich are putting a beatdown on Armstrong and Cooley inside the ring, Tommy Rich pulls his belt off and starts whipping Brad Armstrong with it……Ronnie Garvin runs down and starts fighting off Barnes and Boyd……Iceman Parsons, Larry Hamilton, and Norvell Austin run in to make the save for Cooley and Armstrong as the show is going off the air!

Platt: "What a crazy turn of events here to end the show…..tune in next week as Scott Armstrong challenges Eric Embry for the Jr heavyweight championship, we'll also see the Nightmares in action, as well as the debuts of both Chicky Starr, and 'Big' Scott Hall! Plus, Joe Pedicino will have more match announcements for Santa Slam!"

That was an action packed hour.  

I had a feeling Landel was in the arena.  Loving this feud!

I like Iceman Parsons back on the good side. He has so much energy that the fans just adore him.

Armstrong/Cooley vs Wildfire and Johnny is PERFECT for Alabama.  Glad you three in the USWA came together.

It looks like the bounty on BJM won't be collected but he is in some bad shape.  Brisco might be next to follow after he faces Khan.  Still wondering who placed that bounty in the first place.

You got me on the Violent Gentlemen.  I really thought Dundee had just left... maybe back to Lawler but then we see Barnes and Boyd were the cause.  Dundee is going to need some help!

Wait, Buddy isn't going to be on Television? This show sucks Gene. Try Again.

All right, fine, I will read the rest.....

Oh! He sent in a tape!!! Apart from being intelligent, talented, and good looking... Budrow must also be psychic. I was ready to turn this shit off!

Special Olympia!!

Mr. Stubbs had better watch his ass. Pissed off Buddy ain't a Buddy to mess with.

Armstrong and Cooley calling out The Richs? That doesn't seem like the best idea. Also interested to see what is happening with The Violent Gentleman. I really like this team, I hope they can get over there troubles.

Iceman Parsons will be a great fit here, and it looks like The Movement may finally have come to an end. So seeing him as a babyface again will be a lot of fun.

LOL at Mulligan threatening to counter the mist with Red Man! Brisco vs Khan at Santa Slam should be a fun fight.

The Moondogs together with Humperdink! That's a frightening grouping. Another team that I think will fit in nicely here. Brad and Wendell are going to have a lot of potential challengers real soon.

Regal gets the cheap win over Norvell, and now the Duo have even more reason to wanna kick the Blondes asses! This should be a fun feud.

Olympia picks up a nice win over Don Bass and...HEY! Buddy is in the building!! Landel beats the shit out of Olympia and lays down the challenge for Santa Slam. This one is personal now, and I can't wait to see who walks away with the title!!

Loving the Slick/Carl Fergie interactions. Cousin and Uncle Fester were great!

Oh Damn, Bad News is good news for Carl Fergie! Well, as long as he has the money, which may be a little higher next week.

Holy Shit! What an awesome, chaotic main event! Violent Gentleman are dead, long live the new Violent Gentleman! Boyd and Barnes is a great team. Dundee better find a friend, or he is in a lot of trouble.

The Rich's showing up here is great news! That pictures works so well! These two may end up causing more chaos than the Sawyers did.

Twin States is turning into a war zone, and I dig it.

Can't wait to see whats next dude. Santa Slam is already looking amazing.

Landel not being on TV this week is a big time bummer but we do get a taped promo. 

New Twin States Tag champs Cooley and Armstrong vow payback on the Rich's but first must go another round with the (not on good terms) Violent Gentlemen. 

The Iceman has arrived! He always brings excitement.

Santa Slam is building up. Mulligan will be back but in the meantime, Jerry Brisco will fill in. I hope Jerry knows what he's dealing with. Love that Mulligan comment about spitting Redman in Khan's eyes. 

Humperdink brings in the Moondogs! Great addition to the stacked Twin States tag roster. 

Mr. Electricity gets the win over Norvell to add some heat to their upcoming tag match. 

Wait! Landel is here! Not only does he give Olympia a beatdown but he issues a challenge for the title. In wrestling there's always a couple guys that can't seem to get away from each other and these guys are a perfect example. I hope they feud all over this game forever LOL. 

Thanks for showing highlights of Wrestlestorm. Terry Funk is going to have his hands full as a traveling champion. Looking forward to the upcoming tournament to see who gets first crack. 

Fergie and Slick's interactions are becoming a highlight every week. Slick promises a bodyguard worth a lot of money. 

Slick was right! Bad News Allen is worth every penny! However, Fergie better watch how he talks to Allen and not get on his bad side.

What a final segment! Dundee a "No Show" Boyd takes his spot. A beaten up Dundee appears and gets another beating. Then the Rich's show up! WOW! That was chaos at its best. The Rich's vs. Cooley and Armstrong is going to be a hot feud heading into 86. 

Another outstanding week in Twin States. 

TwinStatesColorLogo.jpg

Twin States Wrestling Episode #23

Airing on: Saturday December 19, 1985

Taped on: Wednesday December 16, 1985

at Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Alabama

(Show opens with a montage of Twin States Wrestling footage with a voiceover saying "Welcome to Twin States Wrestling bringing you the best professional wrestling action from across Alabama and Mississippi sanctioned by the USWA", we then go to the set to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

CharliePlatt.jpg

Platt: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome to Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and with me as always, my co-host Mr. Ronnie P. Gossett."

Ronnie_Gossett.jpg

RPG: "You're lucky I'm here after the recent treatment of my good friend 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel, but it's my understanding that after what happened last week, Mr. Olympia has demanded a match with Buddy next week at Santa Slam in Huntsville and the Twin States title will be on the line."

Platt: "That's true, I think now is a good time to mention that next week we'll be pre-empted due to the Christmas holiday so there will be no Twin States television episode next week so get over to Huntsville's Von Braun Civic Center for Santa Slam next Saturday December 26th!'

RPG: "That's right, you'll see a great card and then you'll see a brand new Twin States Champion crowned in Buddy Landel!"

Platt: "Well, a couple of things you might not be aware of Ronnie…..the first being that Les Thatcher has banned both Buddy Landel and Mr. Olympia from television tonight to make sure we don't see a repeat of last week going into this title match….but perhaps even more important than that…..Johnny Valiant and the Platinum Club are barred from the building during the championship match!"

RPG: "WHAT??  That's ridiculous! Johnny V is Buddy's manager and advisor….you can't ban him from ringside!"

Platt: "I didn't ban him from ringside, Les Thatcher with the full support of the USWA's Jerry Jarrett barred him from ringside."

RPG: "Oh…well I should have known that no good Jerry Jarrett had something to do with sticking it to Buddy Landel…..what a joke."

Platt: "Don't go getting all worked up before we even get the show started today, Joe Pedicino will be joining us later in the show with the 'Event Center' giving us the full card for next week's 'Santa Slam' event, but right now….let's go to the ring and see the Nightmares in action as they get ready to challenge for the USWA tag team championships against the Karachi Vice on New Year's eve!"

======================

MATCH #1:

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated the masked team of Rough & Ready when Davis pinned Ready with a legdrop off the top rope

04.jpg

As the Nightmares were having their hands raised in victory, The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) hit the ring and attacked them from behind……The Moondogs put a brutal beating on the Nightmares and left them laid out in the ring, with Davis' head busted open from a hard shot with Rex's bone

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

(Before the match we see a quick backstage interview as Chicky Starr tells Joe Pedicino he's excited to be here in Twin States Wrestling and he's got his eye on that USWA Southern Jr Heavyweight title and he'll be watching tonight's main event very closely!)

ChickyStarr2.jpg

-----------------------------------

MATCH #2:

Chicky Starr pinned Ned Navarro with a victory roll

======================

(Backstage: Joe Pedicino is joined by the Twin States Tag Team Champions Brad Armstrong & "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley)

Pedicino: "Once again, congratulations on winning the titles at Wrestlestorm 2 in Memphis, but what on earth has caused Johnny and Tommy Rich to come after you guys the way they have, especially considering they don't even wrestle here."

Cooley+%25281%2529.jpg

Cooley: "You know Joe, that's the million dollar question that Brad and myself have been trying to get an answer to. Granted, I had my issues with Johnny Rich during my time in the USWA, so perhaps it's still bad blood leftover from that….I've never had a cross word with Tommy and neither has Brad….but whatever the reason is…..we've got a problem now…a BIG one, so we've been on the phone with Jerry Jarrett and let it be known we want them in the ring next week at Santa Slam and he told us that they said if we want them in the ring, they demand a title shot….well boys, ask and ye shall receive!"

Pedicino: "Guys, the match has been signed and while the Richs aren't here this week as far as we know, they did send in this tape with their comments."

(VTR: Lance Russell is standing in front of a USWA backdrop with what appears to be a very happy Johnny and Tommy Rich)

Russell: "Boy boy…..look at you two, you look like you're real proud of that stunt you pulled in Montgomery, Alabama last week attacking Brad Armstrong and Wendell Cooley during a title match."

JohnnyTommyRich.jpg

Johnny: "Stunt? What stunt? Those boys were shooting their mouth off at the beginning of that TV show saying how they wanted to get their hands on us…..well, we gave them the opportunity and once again Lance, they just couldn't handle us." (laughs as does Tommy)

Russell: "Well, it's hard to handle folks who attack you after you've had a gruelling match."

Tommy: "A gruelling match? How hard of a match can it be out there fighting Austrailian midgets? Johnny and Me could whip those guys in our sleep."

Russell: "Why did you guys attack Armstrong and Cooley? What's your reasoning?"

Johnny: "You must have a real short memory Lance Russell.  Do you not remember all the problems that I had with Wendell Cooley?  Do you not remember that it was ME that ran him OUT of the USWA?  Who does he think he is just showing back up here after I ran him out of the territory? He has no business showing his face around here!"

Tommy: "That's right! So first we showed him and his damn Armstrong buddy they aren't welcome here in the USWA, and then we decided to give them a dose of their own medicine by showing up uninvited in that poor excuse for a promotion, Twin States Rasslin!"

Russell: "Come on now, Tommy…..Twin States is a great promotion that is now part of the USWA and we aren't going to have you out here knocking those guys."

Tommy: "Now, now…take it easy Lance……we're going to make that promotion better because we're going back down there next weekend to Huntsville and we're going to beat those two and take their tag team titles….and we may just run them out of Twin States just like Johnny ran Cooley out of the USWA."

(END VTR)

Pedicino: "Strong words from the Rich cousins."

BradCCWChamp.jpg

Armstrong: "Oh yeah….they're real strong with words…..they're real good at running their mouth but let's see what happens when they have to face us in the ring face to face and not jumping us from behind after we've already wrestled."

Cooley: "That's exactly right…..laugh it up boys….and talk that talk. You can knock us, you can knock this promotion while your standing up in Tennessee talking to the great Lance Russell, but let's just see you back up all that tough talk when you come down here to our backyard and meet us face to face! Next week, the talking is done….take the belts if you think you can but I can promise you this….ain't nobody running us out of Twin States!  Least of all….you two punks!"

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #3:

Larry Hamilton w/Norvell Austin pinned "Golden Boy" Chic Donovan w/Johnny V & Steve Regal with a backslide

After the win, Hamilton and Austin celebrated in the aisle with the fans, meanwhile in the ring Johnny V and Steve Regal took a exception to Donovan losing the match and got in his face about it…..things started to get very heated as Johnny V shoved Donovan who shoved him back knocking him on his butt, Regal then shoved Donovan and as Donovan got in Regal's face, Eric Embry came running down to the ring and got between them and seemingly managed to be the voice of reason, and calmed everyone down and gave each one a hug before they all left the ring together.

======================

Platt: "Looks like things aren't so great with the Platinum Club…"

RPG: "Did you not just see what happened, sure Donovan dropped the ball for the team but Eric Embry the great peacemaker he is just came out and fixed everything….so clearly there are no more problems after Embry got everyone back on the same page."

Platt: "That remains to be seen…..but where there are a lot of problems is between Bill Dundee and his former partner George Barnes and his new partner Lord Jonathan Boyd."

RPG: "Now THAT is true.  My understanding is that there was a match signed this week for Bill Dundee and Ronnie Garvin to face the new Violent Gentlemen at Santa Slam but that clutz Garvin had some sort of accident and now he can't wrestle."

Platt: "Oh..an accident? That's what you heard.  It was no accident, at one of the live events this week, Ronnie Garvin was attacked in the parking lot by Barnes and Boyd and apparently they worked over Garvin's knee with a crowbar and he's currently unable to walk…..however I was just informed by Les Thatcher during the last match that Bill Dundee will have a special mystery partner at Santa Slam and that match WILL happen!"

RPG: "Mystery partner? That's not fair, he should have to reveal who his partner will be!"

Platt: "Why, so they can attack him too??"

RPG: "Yes…..I mean no….."

Platt: "Exactly, let's take another quick commercial break and we'll be back with Killer Khan in action."

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #4:

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Sammy Hall after a kneedrop from the 2nd rope

Khan3.jpg?fit=513,387

After the match, Humperdink takes the mic and says that next week Killer Khan will end Jerry Brisco's career just like he did Blackjack Mulligan's……he says he doesn't care what Mulligan or anyone else says….Mulligan's career is over and they want their bounty paid….and paid soon!!

Hump.jpg

======================

(VTR: A highlight video of Hercules Ayala in action plays announcing he will be coming soon to Twin States)

hercules-ayala-4d1aff46-c55e-4ba6-ab73-0

======================

MATCH #5:

Jerry Brisco defeated Bubba Monroe by submission with the figure four leglock

======================

(Camera cuts to the dressing room where Frank Morrell is pouring Carl Fergie a glass of champagne)

Morrell: "Another bottle of bubbly from your friend Gerry Morrow, boss."

Fergie: "Ah yes, Gerrald sent me this to celebrate running that BJ Patterson out of the USWA.  He's the Billionaires Champion now you know."

(There's a knock at the door, Morrell goes over and answers the door and in strolls the Slickster followed by Bad News Allen)

Slick: "What's happenin' fellas?"

Fergie: "Just enjoying some fine champagne, would you care for some?"

(Bad News grabs the bottle and takes a big swig and hands it back to Frank)

Slick: "No thanks, I never drank when I'm doing business…so do you have the cash we discussed last week?"  (Fergie signals Frank, who pops open a briefcase full of cash that Bad News quickly snatches away from Morrell then turns and leaves)

Fergie: "Hey, where's he going with the money?"

Slick: "He's going to count it….he'll be back if it's short….otherwise just know that you'll walk out of Huntsville still the Gulf Coast champion.  See you at Santa Slam."

======================

MATCH #6:

'Mr. Pro' Kelly Kiniski pinned Frankie Lancaster with a bridging German suplex

KellyKiniski.jpg

Post match: 'Mr. Pro' says he's the last of a dying breed, an actual WRESTLER, not a brawler…not a puncher…not a kicker…and certainly not a cheater….but a PRO WRESTLER and he's issuing an open challenge for Santa Slam for anyone who is willing to WRESTLE him.

======================

Event Center w/Joe Pedicino who runs down the matches signed for next Saturday night at Santa Slam!

Twin States Wrestling

presents

Santa Slam '85

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Saturday December 26, 1985

Bell time: 7pm

'Mr. Pro' Kelly Kiniski's Open Challenge

Grudge Tag Team Match

The Dynamite Duo (Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin)

vs.

The Fabulous Blondes (Chic Donovan/Steve Regal) w/Johnny V.

Special Challenge Match

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

vs.

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

--------------------------------------

Jerry Brisco

vs.

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink

REVENGE Tag Team Match

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/Mystery Partner

vs.

The Violent Gentlemen (George Barnes/Lord Jonathan Boyd)

Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship

"Mr. Money" Carl Fergie w/Frank Morrell & Slick

vs.

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

vs.

Johnny/Tommy Rich

MAIN EVENT

Twin States Heavyweight Championship

(Johnny V and the Platinum Club barred from the building)

Mr. Olympia

vs.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

PLUS: Chicky Starr in action, Santa Claus will be in the house fresh off his Christmas run!

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

MATCH #7:

MAIN EVENT

USWA Southern Jr Heavyweight Championship

"The Best Around" Eric Embry w/Luscious Johnny V

vs.

Scott Armstrong

A great back and forth main event….after about 9 minutes of action, Johnny V got up on the apron and distracted the referee….which brought Chic Donovan sprinting down to ringside, Embry grabbed Armstrong and hooked his arms behind him….Donovan climbed to the top rope and jumped off with a double axe handle, just as Armstrong moved out of the way and Chic nailed Embry! Armstrong blasted Donovan with a superkick knocking him out of the ring……Armstrong covered Embry as the referee turned back around and counted 1-2-3!!   Scott Armstrong has regained the title!!

d780d94d8eea9ab12c8591788049b251.jpg

Armstrong grabs the belt and takes off. Regal hits the ring as Donovan struggles to slide back in…Embry pulls himself up by the ropes. Johnny V and Regal are once again berating Donovan….and once again Embry comes over and calms everyone down…

Platt: "It looked like the Platinum Club was on the verge of having a major breakdown until Embry who just lost his title came over and settled things down…..for the second time tonight"

RPG: "Everything is just fine with the Platinum Club, as long as this loser Chic Donovan doesn't drop the ball at Santa Slam…..but if Eric can forgive him, no reason the others can't as well."

Platt: "Well that remains to be seen, but remember fans….we will be pre-empted next week due to the holidays but make sure you make your way to Huntsville to the Von Braun Civic Center for the Twin States event of the year, Santa Slam!"

Olympia/Buddy is going down! That'll be quite the main event at Santa Slam! Not sure about Thatcher/Jarrett trying to screw Buddy by kicking Johnny V and the Diamond Club out of the building though.

The Nightmare gets themselves a nice win heading into the shot against Karachi on NYE, but a brutal assault by the Moondogs may have just ended their chances. I think the Moondogs are going to be a lot of fun around here. Looking forward to seeing what kind of trouble they cause.

Chicky Starr has arrived! With the will to win and the mustache, the Southern Jr. Champion had better be ready!!

Great segment with Armstrong/Cooley and the video with the Rich Cousins. Brings up the past history to set up the feud, gives motivation for everybody, and makes an already volotile situation just a little hotter. Well done.

Hamilton picks himself up a nice win against Donovan, but the real story here is the aftermath. Dissension in the Diamond Club, and especially in the Fabulous Blondes! Be interested to see if this is actually going somewhere, or just a ploy to mess with the Dynamite Duo.

Oh Shit, the New Violent Gentleman have taken out Garvin! Dundee and a mystery partner vs the VG at Santa Slam? Oh, this could get real interesting!!

Khan is looking like a monster here in Twin States. The match vs Brisco should be must see, and I can't wait to see who was behind this bounty!

The Fergie/Slick/Bad News pairing is amazing. BJ Patterson got a laugh out of me, as did Bad News just chugging out of the bottle. Their are so many different ways this grouping can go, I can't wait to see where it ends up.

Kelly Kiniski has arrived in Twin States and he is already throwing out open challenges. Those always end up interesting!

Donovan costs Embry the belt! But Embry is the one who stops Regal and Johnny V from being pissed off? Where you going with this Gene?!!

Good Show! and I am stoked for Santa Slam! That card is stacked, and should be freaking awesome!!

Santa Slam is gooing to be awesome!  Mr. Olympia and Landel just had to be added.

Moondogs are a fun heel team and work perfect in your territory.  Babyface teams better be ready for a fight.

Cooley/Armstrong-Johnny and Wildifre is nomy new favorite feud in the game.  Could watch these Southern brawls all day long!

Or maybe my new favorite feud is Barnes/Boyd-Dundee and the mystery man.... AWESOME TV!  

The Slickster with Bad News is perfect.  Fergie better hope the count doesn't come up short.

Get me to Huntsville!

Olympia and Landel one on one with no distractions. For some reason I think Landel is already plotting. 

Nightmares tune up for their big USWA tag title shot but get hammered by the Moondogs. I'm sure Karachi Vice appreciated this. 

Chicky Starr has arrived and has his sights set on the Jr. Title. 

The Rich's vs. Armstrong and Cooley is going to be an awesome feud. Nice job reminding the fans about the history between Johnny and Cooley. I really enjoyed writing that feud and I'm excited to see it continue. 

Trouble between the Blondes? Say it ain't so! 

Oh man the parking lots are the most unsafe places to be these days. Garvin is out and Dundee is bringing in a mystery partner. Can't wait to see who he gets. 

Khan and Brisco get in some nice TV time as they get ready to face each other. Humperdink says Khan is going to retire Jerry but never count a Brisco out. 

Ayala is coming!!!!! 

HAHAHA! Fergie is the best! He's got to come to Memphis and hang out with Gerald LOL. Bullet Bob better be ready because Fergie has quite the insurance policy with Bad News. 

Mr. Pro is here! I like the pure wrestling heel gimmick. I really think this gimmick will get over surrounded by all the crazy brawling. I'm going to keep an eye on Kiniski. We'll see who steps up to challenge him at Santa Slam. 

Speaking of Santa Slam, the card is freak'n stacked!!! What a way to cap off the year.

WOW! Scott Armstrong regains the Jr. title! Even after his loss, Embry keeps the peace. What a guy. 

I'm so glad Twin States came on the scene this year and the USWA made the right decision to partner up. 

Twin States Wrestling

Saks High School

Anniston, Alabama

Wednesday December 23, 1985

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Chicky Starr pinned "Cowboy" Don Bass with a flying crossbody off the top rope

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski came out to the ring and issued his "open WRESTLING challenge", which was answered by young Frankie Lancaster who Kiniski recently pinned on television.

-----------------------------------------------

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski pinned Frankie Lancaster once again with a 'bridging German Suplex'

Jerry Brisco defeated Lord Jonathan Boyd by count out when Boyd got annoyed and just left

The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) defeated The Batten Twins (Bart/Brad) when Rex pinned Brad after a powerslam

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned George Barnes with a backslide……but was attacked afterwards by Lord Jonathan Boyd and double teamed until the Jerry Brisco ran in with a chair to make the save

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong/Scott Armstrong defeated "Mr. Money" Carl Fergie/"The Best Around" Eric Embry w/Slick & Johnny V by DQ when Bad News Allen interfered

MAIN EVENT

Mr. Olympia/Norvell Austin/Larry Hamilton defeated The Platinum Club ("Nature Boy" Buddy Landell/"Golden Boy" Chic Donovan/"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal) w/Johnny V when Mr. Olympia pinned Donovan with a small package

====================================

Twin States Wrestling

Fairgrounds

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Thursday December 24, 1985

Bell Time: 7:30pm

Brickhouse Brown pinned "Cowboy" Don Bass following a 'Russian Legsweep'

The Dynamite Duo (Larry Hamilton/Norvell Austin) defeated the Moondogs (Spot/Rex) by DQ when Spot hit Hamilton with a steel chair in the head multiple times busting him open and requiring him to be carried from ringside

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski defeated Bart Batten by submissioin with a 'Boston Crab'

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/Jerry Brisco defeated George Barnes/Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Lord Jonathan Boyd by DQ when Khan sprayed the "Poison Mist" in the eyes of Brisco

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong/Scott Armstrong/Chicky Starr defeated The Platinum Club (Eric Embry/Chic Donovan/Steve Regal) w/Johnny V when Starr pinned Donovan with a victory roll

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Bad News Allen w/Slick & Carl Fergie defeated "Iceman" King Parsons with the 'Ghetto Blaster'

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE SIX MAN TAG MATCH

Mr. Olympia/Brad Armstrong/Wendell Cooley defeated Buddy Landel/Johnny & Tommy Rich w/Johnny V by DQ when Tommy Rich gave Brad Armstrong a low blow in front of the referee

==============================

Twin States Wrestling
Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Friday December 25, 1985

Bell Time: 7pm

"Iceman" King Parsons pinned "Cowboy" Don Bass following the "Butt Butt"

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski pinned Brad Batten with the bridging German Suplex

Scott Armstrong/Chicky Starr defeated "The Best Around" Eric Embry/Johnny V when Armstrong pinned Johnny V after a 'superkick'

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Brickhouse Brown after a kneedrop from the top rope

Johnny/Tommy Rich defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Tommy rolled up Ken Wayne with a handful of tights for the pinfall

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Twin States Tag Team Title

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated The Fabulous Blonds (Chic Donovan/Steve Regal) w/Johnny V when Cooley pinned Donovan following a running bulldog

MAIN EVENT

Mr. Olympia/"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated "Mr. Money" Carl Fergie/"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/Slick & Johnny V when Armstrong pinned Fergie with a school boy roll up

Armstrong grabs the mic and tells Fergie, "Tomorrow night when I pin you again at 'Santa Slam' in Huntsville, I'm going to get my Gulf Coast title back and all the money in the world can't save you from that!" He hands the mic to Olympia who reminds Landel, "As for you Buddy Boy, when I get you in that ring tomorrow night all alone...no Johnny V, no Platinum Club...I'm going to end this once and for all!"

Nice series of house shows as we head into Santa Slam. 

I like the push Mr. Pro is getting. I've mentioned this already but I think you're going to get this guy over big time. 

Poor Donovan took a lot of falls. I'm sure the Platinum Club noticed. 

Dundee and Barnes are going at it. 

Rich's scored a big win over the Nightmares. 

We got a taste of Bullet/Fergie and Landel/Olympia in some hot tag matches. I liked Bullet's and Olympia's final words on the mic. 

The fans are going to be rock'n in Huntsville tomorrow night! 

Twin States Wrestling

presents

Santa Slam '85

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Saturday December 26, 1985

Bell time: 7pm

Charlie Platt enters the ring and welcomes everyone out to 'Santa Slam', he welcomes out a special guest, who "just made it into town after delievering presents all over the world", Santa Claus.  He announces that Santa will be going around throughout the night meeting all the children and will take pictures with them during intermission. Platt then announces that Larry Hamilton was severely injured earlier this week at the hands of the Moondogs and will not be able to compete tonight, however Norvell Austin has found a replacement partner in Brickhouse Brown!  Platt then gets interrupted by "Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski who says it's time for his "Pure Wrestling Challenge"!  His challenge is quickly answered when "Iceman" King Parsons comes down to ringside

"Mr. Pro's Pure Wrestling Challenge"

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski pinned "Iceman" King Parsons with an "Oklahoma Roll" and a handful of tights, Afterwards, Parsons pleads his case with the referee that Kiniski pulled his tights but "Mr. Pro" quickly left ringside and retreated back to the dressing room

The Dynamite Duo (Brickhouse Brown/Norvell Austin) defeated The Fabulous Blondes (Chick Donovan/Steve Regal) w/Luscious Johnny V when Austin pinned Donovan with a sunset flip. 

Afterwards Johnny V and Regal got pretty heated with Donovan until Eric Embry came out and suprisingly once again seemed like the voice of reason……and once it seemed like everything was settled,  Embry suddenly turned around and blasted Donovan with a clothesline!  Regal and Embry put the boots to Donovan….when Johnny V motioned for them to give him the spike piledriver……they threw Donovan out on the concrete floor and gave him a spike piledriver on the floor and walked off laughing while Donovan writhed on the floor clutching his neck

Special Added Attraction

Non Title Match

USWA Southern Jr Heavyweight Champion Scott Armstrong wrestled Chicky Starr to a 15 minute time limit draw, afterwards Armstrong shook Starr's hand and agreed to meet again soon in an extended time limit title match

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Moondogs (Spot/Rex) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink by DQ when Spot hit Ken Wayne in the back with a steel chair right in front of the referee and hit Davis in the head busting him open once again

Killer Khan w/Sir Oliver Humperdink pinned Jerry Brisco following a knee drop from the top rope, after the match Khan rolled Brisco over face down and gave him another knee drop off the top rope to the back of his neck.  Brisco had to be stretchered out as he was completely motionless after the second knee from the top rope

GRUDGE MATCH

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/Mystery Partner

vs.

The Violent Gentlemen (George Barnes/Lord Jonathan Boyd)

Barnes and Boyd are in the ring laughing it up as Barnes says Dundee has no friends and they took out Ronnie Garvin who was the only person willing to tag up with him. "Superstar" Bill Dundee makes his way down to the ring, Boyd says, "You're as dumb as the rest of these stupid Yanks if you're going to face us by yourself!"  Dundee says he made a phone call and found someone more than happy to be his partner to face them tonight! 

"Imagine what I could do to you" begins to blare through the arena as "Exotic" Adrian Street along with Ms. Linda comes skipping down the aisle and grabs the mic, "So….you boys call yourselves violent gentlemen now? Personally, I think you should stick to calling yourselves the 'Goatherders' or 'Sheeplovers' or whatever you used to call yourselves…..but either way, GENTLEMEN…..Bill Dundee and myself will bring the VIOLENCE!"  With that he and Dundee slide in the ring and the fight is on!!

GRUDGE MATCH

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated The Violent Gentlemen (George Barnes/Lord Jonathan Boyd) when Dundee pinned Boyd after a 'Bombs Away' splash off the top rope!

After the match Barnes grabbed a glass coke bottle off of the time keeper's table and shattered it over the head of Dundee before he and Boyd left the ring

Gulf Coast Heavyweight Championship

"Mr. Money" Carl Fergie w/Frank Morrell & Slick

vs.

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

A pretty one sided match as Armstrong dominated Fergie everytime he got his hands on him, whenever Fergie wasn't busy running from him and getting in and out of the ring……finally Armstrong managed to get Fergie in a sleeper hold,  Morrell jumped up on the apron causing the referee to go over and try to get him back down on the floor…..while the referee was distracted with Slick joining in with Morrell, Bad News Allen ran down and slid into the ring behind Armstrong and nailed him with a 'Ghetto Blaster' and then rolled Fergie on top of him…..Morrell and Slick quickly jump down off the apron…and referee Mac McMurray turned around and saw the cover and quickly counted 1-2-3!!  Fergie retains the title!

INTERMISSION: Santa Claus who had been wandering around in the crowd got in the ring and took pictures with fans

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Brad Armstrong/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Tommy/Johnny Rich when Cooley pinned Johnny Rich with a small package to retain the titles.  After the match, Tommy Rich grabbed the microphone in the ring as Armstrong/Cooley were leaving. 

Tommy: "Hey guys….hold up a minute.  You know what Wendell Cooley, my cousin Johnny still had some hard feelins about what happened between you two in Memphis a few months ago, and between that and us wantin' to get our hands on some gold, we jumped you guys at RassleStorm, and we're both big enough men to admit we shouldn't have done that.  We're also big enough men to admit that you guys were the better team tonight and we're willing to put this all behind us and move on. So if you guys would please allow us to show you the proper respect and shake your hands before we head back to the USWA and try to win us some titles….the right way. Tell 'em Johnny."

(Armstrong and Cooley look very skeptical)

Johnny: "Guys, Tommy is right.  Sure we could act like jerks and make excuses but these fans saw it….you beat us fair and square.  You guys are the better team…..we never should have attacked you at WrestleStorm and we really would like to shake your hand, bury the hatchet and head back to the USWA and get out of your hair."

(Armstrong and Cooley look to the crowd who give a mixed reaction…after a few moments of contemplation they enter the ring…..Tommy extends a hand to Cooley who shakes his hand, Johnny shakes hands with Armstrong, now they switch sides, Tommy shakes Armstrong's hand…..Johnny extends his hand to Cooley, Cooley hesitates for a moment……Johnny Rich makes a "cross my heart" motion and extends his hand again, Cooley finally accepts it and they shake hands and then hug. Tommy and Johnny then raise the hands of Armstrong and Cooley as the fans cheer loudly……Armstrong/Cooley turn to leave when suddenly……The Richs BLAST them from behind….they take the championship belts once again and attack the champions with them, busting Brad Armstrong's head wide open…..they drag Cooley over to the ring post and ram him crotch first into the ring post, Scott Armstrong, Chicky Starr, Brickhouse Brown, and Norvell Austin all come running down to make the save as Johnny and Tommy Rich grab the championship belts and leave with them!

MAIN EVENT

Twin States Heavyweight Championship

(Johnny V and the Platinum Club barred from the building)

Mr. Olympia

vs.

"Nature Boy"

Buddy Landel

As soon as Olympia stepped between the ropes, Landel attacked him and the fight was on! The match was an all out brawl for the first few minutes until Landel realized it wasn't in his favor and managed to slow things down.  They wrestled for around 20 minutes until Landel went to apply a figure four to Olympia who kicked him off inadvertently knocking Landel into referee Larry Brock taking him out for a moment….as Olympia got back up, Landel was pulling himself by the ropes ….when suddenly Santa Claus appeared again at ringside and got up into the ring……he pulled his hat off and sprayed it with some sort of substance and placed it over Olympia's face…..Olympia went out quickly, Santa then tossed Landel on top of Olympia then jumped out of the ring….the referee crawled over and slowly counted 1---2---3!  Buddy Landel is the new Twin States Heavyweight Champion…thanks to….Santa Claus??? 

As the referee called for the bell…..Santa ran up the aisle as fans yelled, "EMBRY!! IT'S EMBRY!!"

Landel celebrates alone with the title as Olympia has not moved a muscle in the ring since "Santa" placed his ether soaked hat over his face, with Olympia out cold….Landel does the unthinkable and removes his mask exposing who most folks already knew, as Jerry Stubbs.

Awesome show.... So entertaining!

I never liked when two babyfaces went at it in real life but I enjoy them here in Dawn of War.  Nice match with Armstrong and Starr.

Great team with Brickhouse and Austin.  I haven't seen many shows in person (only 1 actually... Sgt. Slaughter vs Andre the Giant at the Westchester County Center) but I bet adjustmetns are made to the cards a lot.  

Moondogs vs Nightmares... great contrast of styles here.  Perfect midcard bout.

Killer Khan is a monster and might have just sent Brisco out to pasture.

I'm really excited about Exotic Adrian being back on your roster.  He was awesome there in the past.  Street and Dundee are a great pairing but not sure the Violent Gentlemen will agree.

I wish Georgia Championship Wrestling would have given Wildfire I heel run.  I know it would have been hard as he was so over there, but what you and Spaldoni are doing with him is awesome.  

It will be interesting to see if the Bullet wants the title more and goes back after Fergie or if he wants Bad News Allen next.  Either way... Twin States is selling tickets!

YES... LANDEL AND EMBRY TOGETHER AGAIN

Tis the season. Santa Slam time! 

Nice added touch by having Mr. Pro use a handful of tights to beat Iceman is a "pure" wrestling match. I'm telling you, you're onto something with Kiniski. 

Hamilton is injured but Norvell finds himself a great replacement in Brickhouse! They win the match but what happens next is another story. After taking the wrestling world by storm, the Fabulous Blonds are no more. I should of known Embry couldn't play peacemaker for very long. I have to say it, the Fabulous Blonds had a fabulous run in this game. 

Nice bonus as Armstrong and Chicky give the fans an exciting 15 minutes of action. Rumor is, somebody from the USWA is ready to make a challenge to Armstrong's Jr. title. 

I think Karachi Vice should call the Moondogs and thank them LOL. 

Oh man, Killer Khan gives Brisco a brutal beating and sends him out on the stretcher. Is this the end of Jerry? I can't wait til Mulligan comes back. That's going to be a main event type feud with Khan. 

Dundee couldn't of found a better partner as Adrian Street has arrived! This wild team gets the win but Barnes gets the last laugh with that coke bottle shot. I'm sure this will be the end of glass bottles at wrestling events, especially in Twin States LOL. 

Mr. Money's insurance policy pays off as Bad News made sure he walked out with his title. Could we be getting a Bullet/Bad News feud? Oh man I hope so. 

As if the Rich's weren't already hated enough. Not only did they leave Cooley and Armstrong laid out but they stole their titles! That's some serious heat. This feud is going to get nasty. 

Olympia and Landel give the fans one heck of a main event! Santa had a very busy week in wrestling. This is a heel Santa and he helps Landel win the title. Not satisfied. Landel even unmasks Olympia! I don't know who got more heat tonight, the Rich's or Landel. I should throw Embry in that mix as well. I know we're going to get some classic Landel promos from this. 

Santa Slam delivered. Outstanding as always Gene. 

Oh Man, Santa Claus is in the house at Santa Slam! But will Santa Slam someone......

Larry Hamilton is out, and Brickhouse Brown is in... That is a change I can get behind!!

Kelly Kiniski gets the best of Iceman King Parsons with a Greco Roman Tight Hook to bring home the Pure Wrestling Challenge! Hooray for Sportsmanship!

The New Dynamite Duo get it done and give the Blondes yet another loss as Chick Donovan screws the pooch again...

...apparently for the last time! Regal and Embry have had enough and Donovan gets the piledriver on the floor!! The Fabulous Blondes did have a good run, but you can't be part of the Platinum Club and a loser!

Chicky and Scott Armstrong wrestle to a draw, and agree to a rematch. Hopefully we'll see a longer time limit next time around.

Nightmares/Moondogs has potential to be a long term blood feud. Poor Nightmares always seem to have some crazy bastards chasing after them!

Yeesh! Killer Khan takes out Jerry Brisco and takes him out good. Khan is looking dangerous as hell here in Twin States.

Oh Shit! Dundee gets Adrian Street to combat the Violent Gentleman! I popped for the Goatherders or Sheeplovers comment. I can only imagine this was a freaking war. I certainly hope it isn't over, cause these guys can fight for a long while and I won't get tired of it!!

Well, I guess Bad News was worth the money after all! Fergie retains over Bullet Bob and without Allen, it seems like he'd have been toast. I don't think Armstrong is going to let this slide though!

Brad and Wendell pick up the win, but lose the battle as Tommy and Johnny show just how big of pricks they can be! Great segment! Loving this feud already, and I know it's just going to get nastier.

Budrow does it!! Apparently Olympia was naughty this year, as Santa Claus himself takes him out!! Buddy Landel is the Twin States Champion and all is right with the world.

Now, some fans yelling that Eric Embry is Santa Claus, well, that's purely speculation! But thanks to Buddy we know for sure the Olympia is Jerry Stubbs!

What a great ending to a great night!

Good Shit Gene! Santa Slam delivered, and there are going to be a lot of angry folks coming out of it! Should make for some fun Television!!

TwinStatesColorLogo.jpg

Twin States Wrestling Episode #24

Airing on: Saturday January 2, 1986

plattstand.jpg

Platt: "Happy new year, wrestling fans! Welcome to 1986 and a brand new year of Twin States Wrestling, I'm your host Charlie Platt and while it is a brand new year…some things haven't changed as I'm still joined by my co-host Ronnie P. Gossett."

Ronnie_Gossett.jpg

RPG: "And thank goodness for that huh, Charlie.  Listen, I realize what you are implying with your snarky introduction but guess what, Chuck….you can't ruin my mood because I'm still on cloud nine after 'Santa Slam'…..we have a BRAND NEW TWIN STATES CHAMPION, my very best friend in the wrestling business the one and only real and true Nature Boy….Buddy Landel!  Not only did he take the title but he pulled that stupid sock off of Jerry Stubbs' bald head! It was wonderful! Somebody in the truck, put up that picture I asked for of Mr Olympia unmasked..."

JerryStubbs.jpg

Platt: "Ok….so….we're just going to act like Eric Embry didn't dress up like Santa Claus to interfere and cost Olympia the match……we're ignoring that?"

RPG: "First of all, that's purely you and those stupid fans at ringside speculating that was Eric Embry….that was NOT Eric Embry,  no one can prove that it was, because it wasn't him and to imply that Santa Claus is Eric Embry would completely ruin Christmas for every child watching this program so how dare you, Charlie Platt!?!?"

Platt: "I'm not saying THE Santa Claus is Eric Embry, I'm saying after having the Platinum Club barred from the building, Embry chose to dress up like Santa Claus so he could sneak into the building and interfere…"

RPG: "Wow, there is absolutely no evidence to back up that claim whatsoever….and I'm going to have to insist we change the subject right now and talk about something else from Santa Slam."

Platt: "Ok, would you like to talk about how the Dynamite Duo defeated the Fabulous Blondes? Would you like to talk about the amazing match that took place between Chicky Starr and Scott Armstrong? What about how Bill Dundee brought in Adrian Street as his partner and they beat the Violent Gentlemen…."

RPG: "Nope…..let's talk about how Killer Khan ended the career of Jerry Brisco just like he did Blackjack Mulligan!  Let's talk about how "Mr. Money" successfully defended his title against Bob Armstrong…"

Platt: "Yes, let's talk about HOW he managed to defeat Bob Armstrong…."

RPG: "It doesn't matter HOW, it just matters that he DID….there's no details in the pro wrestling record book, it only details WINS and LOSES….and Armstrong LOST!"

(Scott Armstrong who is in the opening match comes out to the desk)

ScottArmstrong2.jpeg

Scott: "Listen here Gossett! It was a disgrace that Fergie had to have Frank Morrell, Slick, AND Bad News Allen intefere to retain his title…..but I'll let the man himself school you on that later….I just want to say it was a pleasure competing against Chicky Starr at Santa Slam and even though the time ran out I look forward to wrestling him again soon……and I just want to say I don't plan on being a closet champion, I'll proudly defend this title against ANY challenger from across the USWA promotions, sign that dotted line and we'll get in that ring and compete….and unlike Carl Fergie, or that chump Buddy Landel, I'll defend this title with honor and dignity, each and every time!"

(Armstrong heads towards the ring)

Platt: "There you have it from a true champion, Ronnie."

RPG: "True champion? Give me a break Platt…..he's a joke just like the rest of the Armstrongs."

Platt: "We'll see about that, before we go to the ring I want to remind everyone that tonight we'll be kicking off our USWA World Championship Contenders Tournament with the first two matches of the first round with the winner of the tournament challenging the USWA World Champion, Terry Funk.  The first match in the tournament later tonight will feature a newcomer to Twin States, one of Blackjack Mulligan's sons…Kendall Windham taking on the man who calls himself, 'Mr. Pro', Kelly Kiniski.  In the second first round match that will take place tonight 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong will take on a man making his return to the area, and a man Bob Armstrong is certainly no stranger to…The Flame. However right now, let's see Scott Armstrong in action!"

RPG: "Is Kendall Windham the one that looks like a mop turned upside down?"

Platt: "Keep it up Gossett…..just keep it up."

===================

MATCH #1:

USWA Southern Jr Heavyweight Champion Scott Armstrong pinned Ned Navarro following a superkick

====================

(Mr. Olympia walks out to the desk wearing his mask)

4180eb17c6325f44f63b163609baf85d.jpg

RPG: "What are you doing Stubbs? Why do you have that mask back on? Buddy exposed you at Santa Slam when he took your title!"

Olympia: "First off, he STOLE the title thanks to Embry Claus, but we'll come back to that later.  As for why I'm wearing this mask…..he's been saying for weeks that I'm Jerry Stubbs, supposedly EVERYONE knows it's Jerry Stubbs under the mask…..so what did he really reveal?"

('We are the Champions' by Queen plays as Buddy Landel/Eric Embry/Steve Regal/Johnny V make their way over to Ronnie's side of the desk while Olympia is over on Platt's side of the desk)

buddy_landel.jpg

Landel: "Let me just say right out of the gate, Jerry Stubbs…..thank you for putting the mask back on because for one, you're as ugly as these stupid fans here in Mobile, and for another I forgot my sunglasses this week and the glare off that bald head of your's would have blinded me….I also want to commend Charlie Platt for even showing up tonight as I'm sure you're still hung over from New Years."

Olympia: "Listen Landel, I've had about enough of you implying that Charlie Platt is an alcholic, the man doesn't even drink….and you can make all the jokes you want about my bald head but the fact remains if it wasn't for that imbicile Embry dressing up like Santa Claus and interfering, YOU would have lost just like you did the night I shaved your stupid head…..who was bald that night, Nature Boy?"

Landel: "As you can see, Stubbs….unlike Blackjack Mulligan or Jerry Brisco, my hair is BACK and more luxurious than ever, and never leaving again!  As for your unfounded accusation about my great friend and compadre Eric Embry, Eric was back at the hotel when our match was going on and there's beautiful young lady who can account for that, if you know what I mean…..it's not my fault you were on the naughty list and Santa whom I don't even know, decided to make you pay for it!"

Olympia: "Speaking of 'paying for it', I'm sure if what you say is true and Embry was with a lady at the hotel, then he's got a receipt to prove it."

Landel: "How dare you imply such a thing?? Eric Embry gets more dates than a calendar……there's gynecologists that spend less time between women's legs than Eric...." (Platt interupts)

Platt: "Hold on….easy now….good grief."

Olympia: "Listen, I could come out here and complain and make excuses but what happened…happened and I can't change that but since you seem to have it all figured out, you know who Mr. Olympia is…and you know what it takes to beat me….I've went out and found two partners and I'm challenging you right now to face us right here tonight in the main event…..if you can beat us….not only will I take this mask off for good but I'll leave Twin States forever! However, if we win, I get to choose the stipulation for my return match for the Twin States Championship."

EricEmbry.jpeg

Embry: "Well Mr. Big Shot we accept your challenge because we can't lose….we already weeded out the loser at Santa Slam….just ask Chic Donovan what the Platinum Club does to losers!"

(Landel cuts in)

Landel: "What the hell are you doing? You don't speak for us! I'm the leader here!"

Olympia: "What's the matter, Buddy? Afraid you'll be the next to get turned on when you get pinned tonight?"

Landel: "Nope….far from it! I'm not saying we don't accept…because when we beat you tonight…that means you're outta here and then there's no rematch at all…..besides who could you get as partners anyway? The Dimwit Duo of Brickhouse and Norvell! We want revenge on them anyway."

Olympia: "While those guys would make great partners…..they aren't who I have in mind….do you accept the challenge or not?"

(Johnny V whispers something to Landel who smiles and nods)

Landel: "Alright tough guy…..yes, we accept and I suggest everyone put on their sunglasses for when you have to take that mask off again and those bright lights hit that shiny bald head!"

(Platinum Club leaves)

Olympia: "Charlie, they think they have it all figured out with Mr Olympia…..but they're going to see they don't know as much as they think they do."

(Olympia leaves)

RPG: "What the hell does that even mean?"

Platt: "I guess we'll find out later tonight."

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

MATCH #2:

The Moondogs (Rex/Spot) w/Sir Oliver Humperdink defeated Frank Reynolds/Roy Munson when Spot pinned Munson after diving headbutt

Post match: Humperdink yells into the camera about how the Moondogs aren't through with the Nightmares and his patience is wearing thin waiting to be paid the bounty money!

===================

(VTR: A highlight video of USWA World Champion Terry Funk is shown ending with footage of Funk defeating Jerry Lawler for the title)

TerryFunkblue.jpg

--------------------------------

MATCH #3:

USWA World Title Contenders Tournament Round 1

"Mr. Pro" Kelly Kiniski pinned Kendall Windham with his feet on the ropes to advance

KendallWindham.jpg

===================

MATCH #4:

Terry Taylor pinned Bubba Monroe following a "Five Arm"

vlcsnap-2011-06-02-21h54m59s125.png

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

(As we return from the break, Ronnie P. Gossett is standing over in the interview area)

RPG: "Right now it's my pleasure to introduce a new manager that has made his way here to Twin States from the big city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania…..it's my pleasure to introduce Downtown Bruno."

(A scrawny young man comes out carrying a bottle wrapped in a brown paper bag)

DowntownBruno3.jpg

Bruno: "First off, thank you Ronnie P. Gossett for being the one to interview me today….Buddy Landel has told me all about you and the so called host, Charlie Platt so I thought I would get in his good graces by bringing him a nice bottle of Boone's Farm wine." (hands it over to Gossett)

RPG: "Well, how thoughtful Bruno, I'll make sure he gets it….I'm sure he'll polish it off before we go off the air tonight."

Bruno: "I'm sure you're right.  Anyway, once again it's a pleasure to speak to you Mr. Gossett but I can't say it's a pleasure to be in Mobile, Alabama of all places. I'm used to being in the big city of Pittsburgh…I'm used to hanging out on Fort Duquesne Boulevard ya see…..so I decided if I'm going to come to the deep south and manage….then I needed somebody that knows what the deep south is all about, so I headed down to Bucksnort, Tennessee and I've found the baddest, meanest man to ever step foot in a wrestling ring….and he's about to step in that ring right now….and that man is none other than the 'Dirty White Boy' Tony Anthony!"

(Dirty White Boy walks out and joins Gossett and Bruno)

DWB1f.jpg

Bruno: "Looks at this man right here Mr. Gossett…..this isn't some bodybuilder that only knows how to pick up and put down weights…..this isn't some amatuer wrestling nerd that only knows how to play by the rules….oh no, they call this man the Dirty White Boy cause that's what he is…he's a fighter, he's down and dirty and will do whatever it takes to get the job done…..now I know there's gonna be a lot of wrestlers and managers that aren't happy to see us here in Twin States, I know there's going to be a lot of these welfare cases out there in the crowd that's not happy we're here…..but you know what Mr. Gossett…..it's like Mama says….it's beez that way sometimes!"

('Dirty White Boy' by Foreigner plays as they head down to the ring)

-------------------------------

MATCH #5:

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony w/Downtown Bruno pinned Randy Watson a clothesline to the back of the head

===================

(VTR: Joe Pedicino is backstage with Johnny & Tommy Rich who have on shiny new satin jackets)

JohnnyTommyRich.jpg

Pedicino: "You guys sure do seem awful happy despite how things turned out at Santa Slam."

Tommy: "Joe Pedicino, why wouldn't we be happy? We had a great Christmas and an even greater new year! Speaking of Christmas, look at this fancy new jackets that Santa Claus brought us! Ain't these nice?"

Pedicino: "Quite stylish I must admit."

Johnny: "Not only are they stylish….but they're pretty darn warm, a little too warm right now….let's pop these things off 'Wildfire'!"  (they both unbutton and remove their jackets revealing that they are wearing the stolen Twin States Tag Team title belts)

Pedicino: "Guys…you did not win these at Santa Slam…why would you wanna steal the belts?"

Tommy: "Well those guys were ok with stealing a win……so why wouldn't we be ok with stealing the belts?"

Pedicino: "I saw the match and I'm not really sure why you would say they stole the win, they beat you guys fair and square."

Johnny: "That's just your opinion Joe….and you know what they say about opinions…..listen if those two want these belts back so bad….all they have to do is meet us in the ring and come get them!"

Tommy: "That's exactly right, we'll be there on television next week and we're challenging Cooley and Armstrong right now to a rematch and if they have an ounce of guts, they'll accept.  Oh and another thing…..I hear rumors the USWA have got a big Memorial tag team tournament coming up for that Von Erich that bought the farm over in Japan…..well cousin Johnny and I are letting it be known right now….we want in!"

===================

COMMERCIAL for the VHS cassette of Twin States Wrestling's Thanksgiving Thunder '85

===================

(Before he heads to the ring for his tournament match, Bob Armstrong joins Joe Pedicino in the interview area)

BobArmstrong.jpg

Pedicino: "Bob, I know you have a lot on your plate as you head to the ring to face an old rival in the Flame in the tournament for a USWA World title shot….but do you care to comment about what went down at Santa Slam?"

Armstrong: "Sure, I'll comment on what happened….what happened was I beat Carl Fergie all over that ring like a rented mule and he paid this Bad News Allen guy to come down and interfere so he could hang on to the title he stole in the first place……he only has it because Kamala helped him win it….and he only kept it last week because Bad News Allen ran in and helped him……well Mr. Allen…the Bad News for you is….you've crossed the Bullet and when you do that I can promise you it's not going to be worth whatever 'Mr. Money Bags' is paying you. Now enough about Mr. Bad News….let's talk about this tournament…this situation here is what they call a win/win….because if I can win this thing I can get a USWA World Championship match with Terry Funk…..not only do I want to win that World Championship…..but I've still got a score to settle with Terry Funk over things that took place last year so Terry Funk, you better believe I'm going to be working extra hard to get my hands on you…..and one last thing….the USWA has this huge David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team tournament coming up and their gonna be pairing up like Noah's Ark to go after that money….well you better believe that I'll be finding me a partner for that thing…..it may be one of my sons…..it may be somebody else but you better believe I plan on being a part of it!"

(Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood plays as "Bullet" Bob heads to the ring)

MATCH #6

USWA World Title Contenders Tournament Round 1

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated The Flame with a sleeperhold

After the match, as soon as the bell rang, Bad News Allen hit the ring and attacked Armstrong but Armstrong managed to fight back and the two brawled all around ringside and up the aisle back to the dressing rooms!

BadNews.jpg

===================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

===================

As we return from the break, Charlie Platt let's us know that next week…the match has been signed as Johnny/Tommy Rich will take on Brad Armstrong/Wendell Cooley in a rematch for the Twin States tag team titles……we'll see two more first round matches in the USWA World Title Contenders Tournament, and will also see 'Exotic' Adrian Street take on Lord Jonathan Boyd, and much, much more!

MATCH #7

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

(If Platinum Club wins, Mr. Olympia must unmask and leave Twin States/If Olympia's team wins, then he gets to choose the stipulation for his championship rematch)

The Platinum Club (Buddy Landel/Eric Embry/Steve Regal) w/Luscious Johnny V.

vs.

Mr. Olympia/Mystery Partners

The Platinum Club make a big spectacle out of their entrance and are strutting around and seem to be in a great mood.  Mr Olympia makes his way down to the ring as Buddy Landel takes the house mic from the ring announcer and says, "What's a matter Stubbs? Couldn't find any partners could you?? Haha, just forfeit….take the mask back off and leave town!"  Olynpia points back to the aisle….as another Mr. Olympia with nearly the same build wearing the exact same mask and gear comes down the aisle, as he gets to the ring, he then points back down the aisle as ANOTHER Mr. Olympia with a similar build and the exact same mask and gear comes down to ringside…..all three Olympias slide into the ring and lay into Landel/Embry/Regal who quickly powder out!

Things settle down and we have a great six man tag team match that after about 9 minutes breaks down into a six way brawl and in the midst of it, one of the Olympias pins Landel with a backslide and gets the win!

Platt: "There it is, Ronnie…..Mr. Olympia just pinned the champion Buddy Landel!"

RPG: "Well one of them did, but was it Jerry Stubbs??"

Platt: "I guess it has to be….you guys say Mr. Olympia is Jerry Stubbs!"

RPG: "Well clearly all three of them are not Jerry Stubbs! Which one is Landel going to have to defend against??"

Mr. Olympia grabs the house mic, "Landel, on January 23rd in Jackson, Mississippi right here on television….I want you in a STEEL CAGE MATCH for the title!"

RPG: "Wait a minute, that didn't sound like Stubbs!?! Who is that?? Is that who Buddy will be wrestling?"

Platt: "Well….to be fair, the stipulation didn't say that STUBBS would be getting the rematch, it simply said….MR OLYMPIA."

RPG: "This isn't fair! Landel shouldn't have to defend against somebody else with the mask on! He beat Stubbs, the rematch should be with Stubbs!!"

Platt: "Maybe it will be…..but…..maybe it won't. Fans, tune in next week for more on this situation and many others right here on Twin States Wrestling!"

© 1986 Twin States Wrestling/Jarrett Promotions

Awesome show.  I love the three Mr. Olympia's and now we have no idea who Landel will be facing. Very creative.

Platt-RPG and whoever comes to the podium is awesome.

Enjoyed the interview with Tommy and Johnny.  Fir some reason I was reading it with a southern twang and it sounded just like Wildfire.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with that big tag match next week.  

Armstrong and Bad News is going to be wild.

The Dirty White Boy and Terry Taylor will be perfect here in Twin States.  

86 is going to be fun

Platt and RPG start the new year off right with some classic bantering LOL. 

Jr. Champ Scott Armstrong is ready for all challengers. I hear there's somebody in the USWA who wants a shot. Stay tuned. 

HAHAHA! Landel is the man! He really knows how to push the envelope. Olympia comes out and makes the challenge which Embry gladly accepts. It's hard keeping up with Landel but Embry plays his part so well. Stakes are high tonight. 

Moondogs and Nightmares will get bloody. 

Love the contender's tournament idea. Funk is going to have his hands full with the winner.

My man Mr. Pro spoils young Kendall's (the kid who looks like a mop upside down LOL) debut and advances.

Terry Taylor debuts with a nice TV win. 

Speaking of debuts, Downtown Bruno has arrived along with the Dirty White Boy! I'm going to be watching this duo. What a great fit for Twin States. The bottle of Boone's farm wine was hilarious. Bruno was underrated. 

The Rich's have quickly become the most hated team in the game. Such arrogance LOL. They're sporting new jackets along with the tag belts. What a heat filled segment. Can't wait for their match with Cooley and Armstrong next week. This is going to be one of the most talked about feuds in wrestling. 

Bullet Bob is ready for Funk. Bullet Bob wants in the DVE tournament and Bullet Bob wants Bad News! This man really is bad to the bone. He beats his old rival The Flame, then brawls with Bad News. A lot on his plate. 

WOW! Not 1, not 2 but 3 Mr. Olympia's! Platinum Club takes the fall and Landel will face one of the Olympia's in a cage! Who's under that mask??? I'll defiantly be tuning in.

You're off to an incredible start this year Gene. 

RPG opening the show by flashing pics of unmasked Olympia and then disputing everything Platt has to say is a wonderful way to start the year here in Twin States!

"Is K endall Windham the one that looks like a mop turned upside down? " LMFAO

Scott Armstrong picks up a nice win in the opener, and I might have to see if anyone from Texas might want to challenge for that Southern Jr. Title!

Great segment with Olympia and the Platinum Club! I like Stubbs playing the "If they already knew, who cares" card when it came to the unmasking, as that will just piss Buddy off more.

Landel's description of Embry's.....exploits got quite the laugh out of me! As did Olympia's line about the receipt. Really hoping that Embry accepting the challenge isn't the beginning of his end with the Club.

The Moondogs are dominating every week, but I think another round with the Nightmares will be quite a war!

"Mr. Pro" continues to shine here in Twin States as he picks up a win over Kendall in his debut. Kiniski could definitely be a dark horse in the Contenders Tournament.

Terry Taylor makes a quiet debut. I get the feeling he'll do big things here.

Downtown Bruno takes me back to Prom Night with a bottle of Boone's Farms! (Hey, we were young and poor!)

Bruno and DWB will be a fun combination and will definitely cause some shit here in Twin States.

Oh Lord, I was all set to talk about the nice jackets and put over the Rich Cousins as the rightful jackets then Tommy referred to DVE as "that Von Erich that bought the farm over in Japan" and I think we'll have to make sure that doesn't end up on television anywhere in Texas, or else Tommy may not make it out alive.

Bob Armstrong blows out The Flame and then brawls with Bad News! This is going to be one hell of a feud, and I am excited for it. Neither of these two is ever going to back down, so it's gonna be a lot of fun!!

Well, that's one way to get at Landel....or maybe it's three.... I dunno! 3 Olympia's! Who pinned Landel! Who is challenging for the belt? Steel Cage! This is going to be fun!

Great show! Hell of an ending! Can't wait to see how this unfolds!

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to Continental Championship Wrestling