Pro Wrestling Only

WWE The Horror Show at Extreme Rules - Who booked this crap?

cactus

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Hey, props to them for respecting continuity from that obscure and forgotten Facebook show they did a few years back 

Braun was a guest on "A Moment of Bliss" not too long ago and they referenced their team and them being friends still. I thought it was weird at the time to suddenly reference a show that was otherwise reconned from WWE canon, but I saw that an was like "ohhhh, that's why they did it".

Also stupidness aside, I guess this was Rey being written out since he didn't sign a new deal? 

39 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also stupidness aside, I guess this was Rey being written out since he didn't sign a new deal? 

If Rey was being written out, why bother having Dominic at the end? Unless Dom is staying and Rey is going, which seems unlikely to me.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

If Rey was being written out, why bother having Dominic at the end? Unless Dom is staying and Rey is going, which seems unlikely to me.

The whole thing is weird, they must want Rey to sign one of those 5 year deals that aren't worth the paper they write them on and Rey is not budging. But continuing to go to work at the Covid Hut without any kind of contract isn't the best plan either.

The best plan for Rey himself is to go literally anywhere else so he can make decent money and not have to deal with this bullshit. I get why he would want to stay in WWE for Dominic's sake but at some point he has to wonder if that's the best place for him as well.

My guess is they are saying they can't sign Rey to a major money deal until after Covid is over, and Rey is working on a handshake deal until then. Purely speculation on my part, and dumb on Rey's part if there's anything to that, but he could be making bad decisions because he wants to look out for Dominic's welfare long-term. Again, I am 100% guessing here.

This one left me a little flat. I thought McIntyre/Ziggler was a real strong title match. I'm glad that they went out and had that match and totally delivered while the cinematic main event was a bust. I thought Asuka/Sasha was great until the super insulting and dumb finish. And I loved Rey's performance despite not really knowing how I feel about the match itself. Feels like I should be more into two really good title matches and a great performance from one of my favorite wrestlers, but I am flat. 

56 minutes ago, C.S. said:

My guess is they are saying they can't sign Rey to a major money deal until after Covid is over, and Rey is working on a handshake deal until then. Purely speculation on my part, and dumb on Rey's part if there's anything to that, but he could be making bad decisions because he wants to look out for Dominic's welfare long-term. Again, I am 100% guessing here.

I'd wager the sticking point is WWE wants to lock everyone in to long term deals and Rey has been going on shorter 18 month contracts. I can see WWE stupidly thinking they have some kind of leverage as if A: he wouldn't get a AEW offer in like .2 seconds, and   B: their word means anything now after cutting a bunch of folks on long term deals.

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Wait hold on what's this all about?

I could of sworn that I read something about Braun making her uncomfortable around the time they did the Mixed Match Challenge, but I can't find anything online about it, so I'm probably misremembering it. My bad. 

So Dave on the post show Observer show stated Apollo Crews' absence was indeed because of Covid, and the eye for an eye match was in fact intended to be Rey's write off with the "the doctors may be able to save his eye" part being an out if and when he does sign a new deal (Dave believes he will sign at some point). 

Reading this thread, this whole show reeks of stupidity.

The Rey Rey thing is kind odd. Seems like all Rey is interested about is getting a job-for-life in WWE for his son. He really hasn't learned anything it seems... Plus, Dominic is put in an impossible situation, he's never gonna fill his daddy's shoes, he's gonna be a total nepotism case, he's only gonna learn how to work the WWE way, and really if anything goes awry between Rey and WWE at any point, do you think they'll bat an eye before firing the guy or humiliate him ? I'd rather have him learn the job, go around, travel and shit instead of try and make him a WWE cog 4 Life. I dunno, seems like corporate culture and it's not something I expect from Rey.

5 hours ago, cm funk said:

Cesaro is now a 7X (5 w/ Sheamus, 1 w/ Kidd, 1 w/ Nakamura) WWE tag team champion!

When you have guys like Billy Gunn, Edge, Christian, Jericho etc. I'm not sure that even puts him in the top 10 for combined reigns

He's behind at least E&C, the Dudleyz, Billy Gunn, Kane and Mick Foley. The busted lineage of the various tag titles makes it really hard to find a simple list, but those guys all have more than him under the old lineage.

6 hours ago, cm funk said:

Cesaro is now a 7X (5 w/ Sheamus, 1 w/ Kidd, 1 w/ Nakamura) WWE tag team champion!

When you have guys like Billy Gunn, Edge, Christian, Jericho etc. I'm not sure that even puts him in the top 10 for combined reigns

Shocked that he wasn't a champ with Swagger as well.

5 hours ago, cactus said:

I could of sworn that I read something about Braun making her uncomfortable around the time they did the Mixed Match Challenge, but I can't find anything online about it, so I'm probably misremembering it. My bad. 

Don't worry, bubba. The Mandela Effect is out to get us all