Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
LowBlowPodcast

Millennium Project discussion

2 minutes ago, superkix said:

Would anyone be opposed to bumping up the free agent picks to 2 a day, or 1 every 12 hours? 

Let's get through the first week and then maybe bump it up. Especially in a case like this when someone joins we don't want to kill the list even though there's a ton on there.

I don't necessarily have a problem with doing that. However, the question remains as to how many more free agents people will feel the need to sign before they're comfortable with their promotion size. But this is something we can revisit early next week; let's see where everybody's head is at with this. If it gets a thumbs up, then we'll bump it up to 2 a day early next week.

I currently have a list of 21 names that I either really have plans for or have loose plans for and would like. Admitted with my company set up I’m more in exact then most.

And honestly, with our open policy on roster size, it seems to me that once the first week or two are gone, those who are comfortable with their rosters will stand pat and those who wish to keep adding will have free reign to do so and not much competition for whoever they have their eyes on after that time.  

Seems like everyone looks to be on board so starting Monday, we'll allow 2 picks per day.

Isn't anyone holding a house show tonight? I was hoping to see some opening night products from around the loop. I didn't have anything planned until Monday but if I get the itch I might throw something up.

10 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

Isn't anyone holding a house show tonight? I was hoping to see some opening night products from around the loop. I didn't have anything planned until Monday but if I get the itch I might throw something up.

I am holding out till Monday as well to start my TV. Wanted to set the tone there before house shows.

Actually missing a free agent before I can post anything. So my first shows will be posted during the week!

Hey fellas, just wanted to put out a fair warning for my first show ...

The opening is a LOT of dialogue.  The action happens later, but I am taking the method of introducing the major players in PNW through the introduction of my first show, so you will be finding out what's what right along with the fans in attendance and watching at home.  I am writing out the dialogue in it's entirety in this case to establish who is who and why they are in PNW, and to establish who the primary people are going to be. 

So while the wrestling on the show will be there, you will have to wade through some back and forth from a certain few guys first.  I do promise this, it will be a fun read, and I encourage you to hear the words spoken in the voices you all know so well.  So enjoy it, and this is mostly a one time thing for this introductory show!

It will be posted some time between now and the scheduled show date of 8/16.

For those of you who have already posted shows, they are great!  This will be a really fun project!

That was a possibility that I was thinking about, yes. Some will opt for generic random jobbers but I don't see the problem with using free agents for one-night deals.

Hey friends!  PNW has finally joined the party with my debut show!

As I forewarned before, it's a long read due to the opening segment and I am still working out my format.  So read it in pieces if you must, but I encourage you all to enjoy!

My episode this week is up and may be a little longer than intended. I wanted to focus more on the story telling than the match description so any feedback is welcome. I feel more in tune with developing characters than writing a match. 

9 hours ago, jpchicago23 said:

My episode this week is up and may be a little longer than intended. I wanted to focus more on the story telling than the match description so any feedback is welcome. I feel more in tune with developing characters than writing a match. 

That is exactly my style, man.  The story of the match is more important to me than a move by move recap.  Which is not to say there is anything wrong with detailed match descriptions (which I tend to do a little more for major shows).  Just do you.

A thing to keep in mind is WHAT you are presenting. Many of you are presenting weekly tv shows, so you are writing more like that. A few of us are not “on” tv, and operating more like independent promotions, so the matches are the centerpiece. 

AND I think it’s ok to have both or alternate.