Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 7/27 - 8/2 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KING OF KINGS

NintendoLogic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean The Cerebral Assassin, The Game, The COO, The Creator, The King of Kings, The Blue Blood from Connecticut, The Destroyer, and most importantly, TRI, is celebrating his birthday? Wow! Really cool!

8 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Of all the goddamn wrestlers I could share a birthday with (also Matt Borne and Greg Gagne) 

Happy birthday, bubba! Have yourself a sledghammering, shoveling birthday!

23 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

You mean The Cerebral Assassin, The Game, The COO, The Creator, The King of Kings, The Blue Blood from Connecticut, The Destroyer, and most importantly, TRI, is celebrating his birthday? Wow! Really cool!

Happy birthday, bubba! Have yourself a sledghammering, shoveling birthday!

He'll always be La Nariz to me.

He spent his birthday weekend fielding shareholder calls about declining ratings and the effect of AEW on their business. I hope he gets at least an episode of Raw dedicated to him for having to be Vince's shield on these calls 

25 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I long for the olden days where wrestlers were more concerned about making sure they were the ones who got over and not the all important BRAND.

Me too. That corporate culture is vomit inducing. They are all Disruptive Human of Linkedin kind...

I thought the McAfee/Cole thing was a work when I saw it. It didn't create any sort of buzz so on that level it failed.

The apology seems like a red herring to further a storyline that nobody gives a shit about as he never actually apologizes to McAfee - in fact, he doubles-down on McAfee "pushing his buttons" and implies he is going to "make sure something like this never happens again." The tweet could be interpreted as him being upset that instead of actually attacking McAfee, he stormed off.

But its all still a really long route to a creative dead-end. Cole is right up there with Rollins as someone who is so miscast and overpushed that I feel like I could write a college thesis about it. Maybe even more than Rollins actually. Like, yes, Rollins' selling and psychology are god awful - but Adam Cole wouldn't even be in the top weight class on a middle school wrestling team. I know they gimmick him as being 6'0 when he's really 5'10 tops, but I'm equally skeptical about him being 210 pounds. And he's booked like a legit heel tough guy more often than not.

Just watch the video and my god it was so lame. One it makes Cole look like a chump instead of a star and two the larger audience don't know who Pat McAfee is. I mean if this was on Joe Rogan's podcast now we're talking because know him not on a show of a retired football player that wouldn't pass the mom test, and I like McAfee.

Well Dominic has the babyface comeback down, I'll give him that. 

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Cult leaders without followers undermines the whole thing.

Yeah but there's not much they can do since Austin Theory got banished to the Phantom Zone due to covid (I assume). 

Dom might be pretty good down the line. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah but there's not much they can do since Austin Theory got banished to the Phantom Zone due to covid (I assume). 

Even so, bubba. Ministry of Darkness worked because despite they had more than 3 people around throughout most of its duration.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

I long for the olden days where wrestlers were more concerned about making sure they were the ones who got over and not the all important BRAND.

This is why Enzo would have been an absolute fucking legend in another era. He was all about himself, got over as himself, and was more over then than 99% of the current roster is now.

I laughed when the idiotic ROH fans bitched up a storm about that Enzo-Cass surprise appearance. It's still the most that slowly dying company has been talked about in two years. 

People will quote and @ me to tell me how wrong I am, but I'm not.

How ya doin'?!