Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - July 29, 2020

MoS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he is good. Does he do some kind of modern Ultimate Warrior gimmick?

I am really hoping the Mox-Cage-Darby-Starks booking culminates in Darby beating Cage. They need to give one of their homegrown stars a huge win to get them to the next level.

I really enjoy this open challenge gimmick because it actually comes off like an open challenge, with challengers coming from the indies and whatnot and not just guys from the roster. It absolutely contributes to make the belt important and legit. 

They were doing an angle with Tony Khan on Twitter where they complained they weren't being listed in the tag team rankings and Tony said it was because they weren't officially signed yet. 

So I suppose the decision is in theory them announcing they're "officially" signed, but I wouldn't be surprised if its the kick off of something big. 

FTR trying hard to get a styrofoam cooler full of beer over as a weapon.

Also I think I figured out the problem with the Mr. Brodie Lee character: It's hard to be an evil Vince standee when you look like a thin Mick Foley in a suit.

10 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Also I think I figured out the problem with the Mr. Brodie Lee character: It's hard to be an evil Vince standee when you look like a thin Mick Foley in a suit.

This is pretty on point, yeah

The women's match was good and I actually liked it more than the Cody match. Shida is becoming one of my favourite wrestlers in the world.

That was an incredible promo. Him continuing to shout on the mic over his music was probably a miscue but it added to the experience for me. 

I hope AEW does not start copying those terrible Rosie O'Donnell skits during the presidential seasons. This debate can be both the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever. 

Ouch. Well, Ricky did injure him first. 

Really liked the match. Darby is an obvious star. I don't know about putting him in a world title match. He should obviously not be beating Moxley right now, but he should not be taking pins either. Still hoping the long term plan for him is to beat Cage and then beat Cody for the title.

Good show overall. The first hour was a bit weak compared to their last few shows, but things really picked up in the 2nd hour. There are a bunch of moving storylines right now that are interesting to follow. Just a feeling of constant motion that makes AEW worth watching and following. 

I don't think so but with the direction Cody's character is going, I feel like Cardona will play a certain role in this. As weeks go by, Cody gets more cocky and arrogant about the TNT Open Challenge, to a point where Arn must intervene to bring him down to earth sometimes. 

And speaking of Arn, the seeds keep being planted for that Horsemen stable in that vignette. Does that make Arn officially the manager for FTR too?

I thought this was a pretty weak show from an in-ring standpoint but this is still an easy watch because the promos are so good and there's now enough good progression in angles week on week that it feels like it's going somewhere which is something they struggled with during the months between big shows originally. MJFs promo was fantastic and a pretty great way to kickstart a title feud and Cardona debuting is fine by me since I'd rather see him in Cody's group than Spears. From everything I've gathered, he's got a great mind for wrestling too so it's yet another creative body in there.

Warhorse though, whoof. If Kingston was a home run, that was a total swing and a miss. I'd much rather see Cody work a 10 minute defense against one of the numbered Dark Order guys than whatever Warhorse was meant to be.