Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
icemandave

Pro Wrestling International

They are coming from around the world

Some of the greatest wrestlers from some of the greatest countries

Keiji_Mutoh.jpg.132a1b2ddc8605ce49b7117edf1ba786.jpg   Bulldog.jpg.3ee370da21104e87115a5238bd25013a.jpg   AlexWright.jpg.1a17bb6dfba994cbfd387487520be7a8.jpg

Great Rivals and Legends of the ring

Sting.jpg.02a2df2a2913ec4a851e22bfd8e71000.jpg    1718816960_MickFoley.jpg.c9441e080940d8a2900bd1ef1198beec.jpg

Future Stars

D-Lo-Brown300.jpg.7f2314f4fa5f7582950b8dfaeec0db3b.jpg

World Champions

The_Rock2.jpg.13eec3b03ae6b90fd57904a34de9490b.jpg

And an Olympic Gold Medalist

932579305_KurtAngle.png.aeaaab43ca666777cc6d513e1cbe00ba.png

All converging on the home of the 2000 Olympics:  Sydney Australia

Sydney.jpg.dae51d32f9ead28716400b89b9ca37ec.jpg

To discover who is the Best of the Best

“Pro Wrestling International will bring fast, exciting and Hard-Hitting action from some of the most beautiful cities in the world into your living rooms-  all you have to do is sit and enjoy the experience.  Michael Cole, head commentator PWI

“PWI intends to deliver great action and compelling matches, which you won’t be able to turn away from”  Mick Foley, Hardcore Legend and Commissioner of PWI

“The Rock says that he intends to show every person in the world the not only is The Rock the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, but PWI is going to be the most electrifying promotion in the world today”

“The Olympic Gold Medalist intends to travel to the home of the Olympic Games to prove he is the greatest wrestler in the World Today.  It’s True, it’s damn true.   Kurt Angle

So don’t miss PWI Worldwide, every week on Fox Sports.

PWI-  What the world is watching.

Quite the hype montage you got there! And with big stars like that, it never hurts!

I love it.  I am still amazed you corraled Kurt Angle, The Rock, and Sting for the top of your card.  Not to mention Foley later on (you snagged him right around the time I was thinking about it!)

Awesome intro from down under, you have the guys to come storming out of the gate.

PRESS RELEASE

Pro Wrestling International, known as PWI, announced today that their upcoming debut episode of PWI: Worldwide they will crown their inaugural World Champion with a Gauntlet for Gold Match. 

Mick_Foley.jpg.5aa08e7bcb6d98c228949cb9616621f3.jpg

PWI Commissioner, Mick Foley, has announced that any PWI superstar that has previously held a recognized World Championship prior to the restructure of the wrestling world in 2000 will be entered into a Gauntlet style match, with the winner crowned World Champion.  "We intend to bring the fans the best possible action, and we think  it is important that the face of our company is crowned quickly.  These former world champions, including legends like Sting and The Rock have proven before that they have the skill to become a World Champion, and as such they will be given first opportunity to claim the PWI World Title". 

Sting.jpg.0b1ea041818381802fa742ce77d7e61a.jpgThe_Rock.jpg.9b1b3e03b99b2681a658671d1d29560b.jpg

This exciting match-up will headline the debut of Worldwide, but Foley has also promised other great action will be featured, as well as a special appearance from reigning Olympic Gold Medalist in Wrestling, Kurt Angle, in the city that will be hosting the 2000 Olympic Games.  "That will be a great moment for wrestling fans around the world, when PWI brings a taste of the Olympics just weeks before the 2000 Olympic Games will be commencing".

Kurt_Angle.JPG.8cd87fa7d039dc35443018a1fb0c1d7f.JPG

Interesting way to crown a champion, for sure, and I love Foley as the commish.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE gauntlet matches, the anticipation of seeing who is next, the reaction of the guy in the ring to seeing it, priceless stuff rife with drama.  I do believe that crowning your champion in a gauntlet match gives you a lot of opportunity to have guys stake claims to their positioning in it to try to angle (no pun intended) for a title shot.

Kurt Angle was the hottest thing in wrestling in 2000.  What a prize you have and a chance to position him as your flagship guy.

Using Foley as commissioner in 2000 is a good move considering how good he was in reality. The roster is an interesting one and it's packed at the top; the gauntlet is a good way to give some big matches and drip-feed the teases of others, I'm into it. 

Seeing how Angle is used will be my favorite thing here. 2000 Angle was my guy back then and would have been my number 1 pick as well. I like the Olympic tie in