KawadaSmile

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Dominik Mysterio is Actually Good! AND CURSED ON TELEVISION!

Now if they only don't make him spout scripted lines like a bad theater major like they did 15 mins back

God bless MVP for taking the mic away from Shane McMahon. I was shouted down last time I said it here, but apart from the Authority era, Stephanie McMahon has always been a better on-screen character. Snowed more ass, got more heat, never went one on one exchanging holds with an Olympic gold medalist

Just now, sek69 said:

It helped that all the Underground segments had either dudes with legit backgrounds (Lashley, Shelton, and yes even Dolph) or big impressive dudes like Babatunde killing geeks to get it over.

Was Drake Maverick in one of them getting beat down, or just some dude who kinda, sorta looked like him?

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I guess there's no point revealing everything in one go. As an audience, we know there's a group around doing crazy shit. So far it's been a mostly harmless, sub-Gremlins level of trouble, but it's still there. We just don't know who they are and why they are doing all this.

Woulda helped if they weren't dressed so similarly to Tozawa's ninjas though. :ph34r: I legit thought it was them.

(BTW, is anyone else getting constant SSL handshake error message screens on this board?)

Having had some time to process Raw Underground--I think it could work. The main fighters involved have legit wrestling/MMA backgrounds and it's a cool way to do action-based backstage angles for anyone not in a feud. The Hurt Business becoming the final bosses is excellent use of them, especially Lashley.

The production needs work, way too many camera cuts. But there's potential. The big question is whether Vince sticks with it or gets bored and throws it out in a month?

So there's ex CHIKARA folks on Twitter stating the whole Underground idea was copied wholesale from an idea on a pilot episode they filmed when WWE was going to air indy TV shows on the Network. That never happened, the show never aired, and now that CHIKARA blew up post #SpeakingOut WWE is presenting it as their own idea.

Should it really even be a surprise to us that Dominick is actually good? On a show with so much hoopla and shenanigans, what stuck out to me was how this silly eyeball angle is the only wrestling on the whole show. So much of what I saw tonight felt like...television. The production is American Idol/AGT nausea, the interviewers are straight out of TMZ, the announcers are closer to QVC hosts, except for Joe and only when they allow Joe to actually be himself. And they did and it was probably the highlight of the night. But man, even if everything Dominick related felt like a home run tonight, I just don't know how I feel about hotshotting Rey's kid to a top spot at Summer Slam. With Seth Rollins. Because then what?

I fail to see the appeal of Drew on any level. I've never seen it, certainly not now. Clearly Bobby Lashley in a suit is your top guy, should have been the one to beat Brock etc. 

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So there's ex CHIKARA folks on Twitter stating the whole Underground idea was copied wholesale from an idea on a pilot episode they filmed when WWE was going to air indy TV shows on the Network. That never happened, the show never aired, and now that CHIKARA blew up post #SpeakingOut WWE is presenting it as their own idea.

I'm sure the WWE did lift this from the CHIKARA pilot but it's also similar to Matt Riddle's Bloodsport and in some ways Lucha Underground. 

It also seems similar to that pilot a lot of guys did with the Young Bucks like 10 years ago.

5 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

I fail to see the appeal of Drew on any level. I've never seen it, certainly not now.

A lot of people loved McIntyre's promo tonight, but I thought it came across as whiny in spots. He was right about Orton deserving to be fired for all the garbage he did years ago. But Orton was also right about being seen as valuable and a younger McIntyre wasn't. Because if he had been, they would have put up with his baggage, too. And with the money he's made, Orton could be long gone by now if he wanted, so another point in his favor by saying he actually wants to be there.

Drew lost me with the 'I dreamed about being in WWE since I was a child while you got handed everything because of your dad' tripe. They use that on nearly ever second and third-generation wrestler. It's worn out.

Meltz was on the wrestling inc podcast and said that for the first time ever the investment community is questioning the creative direction of the company and Vince's overall effectiveness. I guess before they didn't pay attention and just assumed no one knew wrestling like Vince. WWE was apparently caught off guard by this so that's the reason for the sweeping changes coming now

33 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Drew lost me with the 'I dreamed about being in WWE since I was a child while you got handed everything because of your dad' tripe. They use that on nearly ever second and third-generation wrestler. It's worn out.

The funny part is it actually does apply to Randy since all evidence points to him being a irresponsible little shit who lived a life of never having to face consequences who did get breaks because of who his dad was.  It seems he may have matured/gained responsibility later in life, but Young Randall was the actual epitome of every "you got all the breaks because of your family" promo.  Really makes it a shame they drove it into the ground using it so often, since it would have made more of an impact when it's based in reality.