Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/03 - 08/09 Giannis is a future back to back MVP

KawadaSmile

Wait, McAfee is the heel?

I mentioned this way, way earlier in the thread (when there was speculation that Orton was going to punt Shane) but the McMahons, and now Triple H, are delusional if they think they can elicit any sympathy in 2020. And that extends to Adam Cole here too as he, if I'm not mistaken, has been a dastardly, cowardly heel his entire NXT run.

So when some dude comes and kicks Adam Cole in the skull, I'm cheering for it.

And now, if they really are building to a McAfee/HHH match (which I'm not sure they are), I'm supposed to cheer for Triple H inserting himself into yet another "hot program"* - like he did in the Summer of Punk and Daniel Bryan's main event push and when he feuded with Lesnar - so he can once again get the spotlight? Fuck that. I hate this dude. I hope Pat McAfee punts him in the head too.  

* To be clear, I put "hot program" in quotations because this isn't even a main roster storyline and is obviously not at the same level as the other things listed. But I just wanted to callback that Triple H has a track record for sticking his massive nose into other people's storylines. The funny thing is that his ego is so big, he still finds it necessary to do so in a developmental league

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, cm funk said:

And I'm an NFL fan.  Not as diehard as I used to be for a variety of reasons, but far from casual.  If I give zero shits about this jabroni, who the fuck does? 

It feels like a bunch of people who don't follow sports thinking this will be popular with the people who are into the "sportsball".

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

I must say it's more than a little disconcerting to see Kyle O'Reilly back in action since to the best of my knowledge neither COVID or Diabetes have been cured yet. 

O'Reilly is not the only athlete with diabetes playing right now in the COVID environment. Montreal Canadiens' F Max Domi is also a diabetic and he's been cleared to play as well. Although, they're in a hub and everything is tightly controlled but still, I understand the concern.

I dug up McAfee's combine numbers and he's actually listed as 5'11'' there which is even worse. I saw Cole wrestle Rush years ago and he was about the same height as Rush.

I hope you meant ROH's Rush and not Lio Rush.

If the goal is to use McAfee to draw in non-fans and make Cole a bigger star by association, it'll almost certainly backfire because any match they have will make pro wrestling look like a joke to outsiders. If they work competitively, then the guy who held the top title in NXT for over a year had his hands full with a retired punter. But Cole just kicking McAfee's ass would be equally stupid because McAfee is way more physically imposing and Cole doesn't come across as a credible asskicker.

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

O'Reilly is not the only athlete with diabetes playing right now in the COVID environment. Montreal Canadiens' F Max Domi is also a diabetic and he's been cleared to play as well. Although, they're in a hub and everything is tightly controlled but still, I understand the concern.

Yeah the NHL and NBA are running a tight ship and anyone in a risk group competing there is going to be way safer than anyone in the Covid Pit.

54 minutes ago, Strummer said:

AEW beat Raw in the demo this week.Hot damn

After not even a year on TV, starting from scratch. And that's with the RAW demo going way up (from zilch really, but that's another matter) thanks to Shan-o Mac brillant idea... 

That Bruce Prichard comeback to the company really will be one for the ages. Of course, blame COVID and senile Vince, but still... RAW is sinking like never before in 27 years, and Bruce is the guy "in charge". Maybe should have stayed at home doing Jerry Jarrett's impersonnations, really...

I don't give a fifth of a shit about Pat McAfee or this angle, and while it doesn't do Cole any favors, none of it will matter - none of it - when the reset button is hit and Cole and the Undisputed Era are called up to the main roster and all of this is instantly forgotten about. 

9 minutes ago, El-P said:

After not even a year on TV, starting from scratch. And that's with the RAW demo going way up (from zilch really, but that's another matter) thanks to Shan-o Mac brillant idea... 

That Bruce Prichard comeback to the company really will be one for the ages. Of course, blame COVID and senile Vince, but still... RAW is sinking like never before in 27 years, and Bruce is the guy "in charge". Maybe should have stayed at home doing Jerry Jarrett's impersonnations, really...

Bruce has booked Raw like someone that hasn't watched wrestling in 7 years.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, NintendoLogic said:

Weren't you fantasy booking Braun to be world champion? How's that working out for you?

I meannn, I'll never be bored enough to sit down and watch how bad they're fucking that up. So it's looking pretty good on my end, brutha. 

On the other hand, you're making such piss poor choices in your life that it's led you to keep up with weekly WWE wrestling in 2020, as if that's a thing. I'm embarrassed for you. Your significant other is ashamed. They may not say it, but believe me. We're all sending thoughts & prayers that you kick this shameful habit.

And just so we're clear, I suggested Braun was over enough to get the belt against Brock in the fall of 2017. At the time, Braun stood a chance of eclipsing someone like Brock as a monster and a legitimate singles draw. Seth has never been that.

From a heirarchy standpoint AND a character perspective, pushing Seth as the breakout star of the Shield would've been like pushing X-Pac as the Game in the 1999 DX split.

Except, ya know, Waltman could work and understood basic match structure and psychology. He knew the difference in performing as a heel versus a Babyface - something Seth still hasn't fully grasped to this day.

A lot of you saw Seth getting over as a part of a greater whole - first in the Shield and then in the tag team with Dean - and didn't understood the context. So you thought, yes. Book him to get all the beltz!

But no. Just... God, no.

Go back and watch his grudge match with Triple H. For fucks sake, his idea of working a hate-filled, blood feud finale looks exactly like his throwaway opening match on Raw against, I don't know, Ryback or Dolph. You'd never know there was a backstory there.

His idea of selling a career-threatening injury is hissing like a snake and occasionally stopping to slap his kneecap like an idiot who's never actually been hurt before. The guy's just the shits.

You can say what you want about Braun and his limitations, but at least his best features are assets that COULD have made them some money when I said he should've been the champ.

Seth is just another guy. He's as unremarkable as anyone you could point out in a crowd anywhere. I don't give a fuck how many tires he can flip or how many burpees he can execute in five minutes. Nobody does. It's a sad, dismal indicator for anyone to ever fantasy book the guy as anything other than a decent tag guy.

20 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

On the other hand, you're making such piss poor choices in your life that it's led you to keep up with weekly WWE wrestling in 2020, as if that's a thing. I'm embarrassed for you. Your significant other is ashamed. They may not say it, but believe me. We're all sending thoughts & prayers that you kick this shameful habit.

Gee, bubba. 

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

If the goal is to use McAfee to draw in non-fans and make Cole a bigger star by association, it'll almost certainly backfire because any match they have will make pro wrestling look like a joke to outsiders. If they work competitively, then the guy who held the top title in NXT for over a year had his hands full with a retired punter. But Cole just kicking McAfee's ass would be equally stupid because McAfee is way more physically imposing and Cole doesn't come across as a credible asskicker.

Pro wrestling *is* a total joke to outsiders. This can't possibly do any further harm.

You're right though. Cole beating McAfee is the obvious end result, and that's laughable because Cole is less physically imposing than Britt Baker at this point. Somebody give this guy a sandwich and a shake.

Or a weight. Or a shake weight.

He looks like shit.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Gee, bubba. 

It's awful, man. I know you're the optimism and the perpetual enthusiasm around here, and God bless ya for it. But come on. What they're doing is downright embarrassing. I wouldn't dare even watch a YouTube clip of WWE with anyone around.

A decade ago, podcasters would joke about how they used to be embarrassed as kids to admit to their friends that they were wrestling fans. It's very much back to that nowadays.

And that's not me just speculating. My nephew has been a fan for as far back as I can remember. But he's twelve now and won't watch any of it. It's not cool. It's not interesting. And it's not even like he's at an age where he has completely gone girl crazy and gotten rid of kid stuff. He's still into superheroes and Marvel and all that. But wrestling is awful. It's embarrassing even to children.

I hear ya dawg but like Brazil's been stuck on this pandemic while your neighbors are closing their doors on our faces in and I'm stuck on a severely underpaid job so I guess any entertainment is bliss

wwe is escapism, really

and i might be wrong but the only wrestling that airs on tv here in brazil is wwe. i could go out of my way to watch aew in one of those shady sites but my god i already spent enough hours in front of my laptop

I know this is PWO (not a DIG like what you like) and here isn't not the best to advocate for Cole's act and star-power.

But I thought this was Cole's version of the Mickie James "Piggie James" angle as it amplified his worst "faults" for zero return against a virtual unknown outsider. 

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

I hear ya dawg but like Brazil's been stuck on this pandemic while your neighbors are closing their doors on our faces in and I'm stuck on a severely underpaid job so I guess any entertainment is bliss

wwe is escapism, really

and i might be wrong but the only wrestling that airs on tv here in brazil is wwe. i could go out of my way to watch aew in one of those shady sites but my god i already spent enough hours in front of my laptop

Watch what you like, Bubba. No need to apologize for it. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Watch what you like, Bubba. No need to apologize for it. 

Exactly. I personally can't enjoy any wrestling without actual crowds. It just doesn't work for me. But, I can't fathom why anyone would feel the need to call out anyone on just trying to have some fun and watch TV.  What's the end game?  Why?

Bemoan RAW Underground all you want for Shane McMahon, production, cinema, fake shoot-style, I am going to be its biggest cheerleader because two words: NO ROPES!

NO MORE IRISH WHIPS! NO MORE ROPE RUNNING! Lets be honest, no more rope speed walking! NO MORE GYMNASTICS!

I do not think it was a home run at all on its first edition. The big dude hit no highspots which was ridiculous. I thought Erik came off the most badass. Hurt Business looked good and baller in their suits. 

To me RAW Underground is the most pro wrestling thing they have done in a long time. It feels like a carnival and gimmick-y. It is not a couple people going out their to collect a pay check by sleepwalking through some choreography. I think RAW Underground has potential. It has been one week, they have not achieved it yet, but I am a fan. 

The problem with Raw Underground (well, one of them anyway) is no matter how well done it is, it's the type of thing Vince will get bored of quickly. 

WWE overall is at a place where they need to put all their effort in to long term building and planning to try to improve business overall,  while being led by a guy who has all the attention span of a toddler with ADHD.  He can't give guys more than 3 weeks without giving up on them, shows get rewritten at the drop of a hat, and then they're left puzzled why no one wants to spend three goddamn hours watching the mess that is left behind. 

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

wwe is escapism, really

You really don't need to justify yourself. Not anywhere, and not on PW-fucking-O !